Start by marking “The Italian's Unexpected Heir” as Want to Read:

The Italian's Unexpected Heir

Her baby surprise proves…

…that one night will never be enough!

Reeling from the secrets that have torn his heritage apart, Enzo Bartolini is set on selling his family’s Tuscan vineyard and trying to forget the impulsive, dazzling night he and best friend Sylvie shared in Paris. While the sale moves forward, the thrilling awareness between him and Sylvie is harder to move pa
Published September 8th 2020 by Harlequin Romance Larger Print

To ask other readers questions about The Italian's Unexpected Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Italian's Unexpected Heir

Start your review of The Italian's Unexpected Heir
Jypsy
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Prism for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

The Bartolini Legacy #3
By: Jennifer Faye

REVIEW ☆☆☆☆

Endings always turn me melancholy. The Italian's Unexpected Heir is the third and final book of Jennifer Faye's Bartolini Legacy Series. This book is bittersweet. I've had the privilege of reading book one, The Prince And The Wedding Planner, and book two, The Puppy, The CEO, And Me. If they sound like ado
Tonya Lucas
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What does best friends, one night in Paris, and a new baby all have in common?
An exciting new romantic story by The Phenomenal Ms. Jennifer Faye!!

This book swept me away from the beginning and had me sighing at the conclusion.
This was the perfect romantic story.
Friends to Lovers, one of my most favorite tropes.
Enzo and Sylvie were such a special duo, an absolute joy seeing their love blossom.

I’ve read every one of Ms. Faye’s books, however I do not recall a book with this type of romantic fee
Harlequin Books
Categories
Family Life Fiction, Romance, Contemporary Romance, Women's Fiction
Miniseries
The Bartolini Legacy (Book #3)
Gale
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We finally get to read Enzo’s perspective about his family’s revelations! It is so hard for him to be the ‘Big Brother” and not be able to protect his sisters from drama and trauma – and all three have had a lot of it in just a short time. Although you do not need to read the first two books in the Bartolini Legacy, about his two sisters, it helps to understand the overall story in this trilogy. And I’ve enjoyed all the books.

I adored Sylvie! She was vulnerable, yet strong. She was trying to mak
Myra Wardhana
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love the story of friends becoming lovers, always one of my weaknesses when reading Harlequin Romance, beside marriage of convenience and romantic suspense thrillers.

And cannot help recognizing the name of Enzo Bartolini reminds me one of my favourite movies set in Tuscany, Letters to Juliet with Amanda Seyfried.

And makes me dream I hope someday I will be able to make it to Tuscany, one of the parts of Italy that I haven’t gone to.
Amy
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have become a huge fan of Jennifer Faye’s books. When I had the opportunity to read her newest release, The Italian's Unexpected Heir, I jumped right on it. I was not disappointed at all. It could be one of my favorites that I have read by her to date. It was so good. I had no issue reading the whole book in one sitting. I loved the chemistry between Enzo and Sylvie. Such a delight.
I am giving The Italian’s Unexpected Heir a very well deserved five plus stars. I am looking forward for the nex
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Prism Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Italian's Unexpected Heir by Jennifer Faye is a fabulous wrap up to a sweet trilogy.
Will Enzo really sell the Bartolini property?
Enzo Bartolini
Our hero is the oldest Bartolini child and only son, Enzo. Now that his sisters have left and he is alone, Enzo decides to sell the family property and leave all the lies and disappointments behind. But
Marie
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you in advance to the author, Jennifer Faye, and Prism Book Tours for providing an advanced review copy as part of a launch team. A positive review was not required or requested, and all words are my own.

I cannot believe it has been five (5) months since I was introduced to the Bartolini siblings in “The Prince and the Wedding Planner”.

This is the third book in the series, and to be honest – while each one “can” be a standalone read, they’re all best read together. Since the third book h
Julie
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Award-winning author Jennifer Faye brings her enchanting Bartolini Legacy series to a poignant close with Enzo and Sylvie’s story, The Italian’s Unexpected Heir.

The bottom had fallen out of Enzo Bartolini’s word when his beloved parents’ lives had been cut short by a tragic accident. But worse was to come for Enzo. Not only did he have to face the rest of his life without his supportive parents, but alongside his siblings, he had learned an earth-shattering family secret that had upended all of
Susan
Good conclusion to the series. Enzo and Sylvie became good friends when she began working as a wedding planner at the winery. Now that both of his sisters have moved away, Enzo is alone except for her. When he wins a prestigious wine award, he takes Sylvie to Paris for the award ceremony. The romance of the city works its magic on them, and they spend one passionate night together. But Enzo pulls back after their return to Italy, leaving Sylvie hurt and confused.

Enzo is the oldest of the Bartoli
Harlie Williams
This book is the perfect ending to a wonderful series. I just loved how Ms. Faye wrapped up everyone’s loose ends and we get to Gia, Enzo and Bianca come together as a true family in the end. There was a lot of turmoil in dealing with the major secret and I felt like Ms. Faye handled it well. Enzo is just a grumpy grump but I found that endearing with him. He has a super soft spot that he doesn’t let a bunch of people see except for a select few. When it comes to Sylvie, she sees it. Multiple ti ...more
Amy
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been enjoying this saga of three siblings who are reeling from their parents sudden deaths. This is big brother Enzo's story and he is just as lost if not more than his sisters.

Taking his role as big brother seriously, Enzo is not sure of where to go or what to do as his younger sisters leave the family estate and vineyards to him to go off on their happily ever after's. Enzo is alone except for his friend and business partner Sylvia.

Both Enzo and Sylvia are still dealing with tragic circ
Connie Carpenter
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read from this author. This is the 3rd book in the Bartolini family series - and I have not read the other two, I did not have a problem following along. The author did a great job at providing a quick recap of the family history.

In this story, we meet Enzo Bartolini - his parents have passed in a tragic accident and so many family secrets are coming out. His parents left Enzo and his siblings with a winery, which Enzo decides to take to the next level. With h
MK
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last in The Bartolini Legacy Series. Ms. Faye has ended the series with a heartwarming and heartbreaking book. Enzo harbors a secret since he and his sisters found out the truth that his parents kept from them. It wasn’t until they came across a journal what they learned. Yet Enzo knew more. While in Paris with his best friend Sylvie. She was a gem to say the least. A women like no other. One not only good care of weddings that took place in the vineyard, but she now stood by his side while ...more
Lynn Brooks
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

An emotional conclusion to a dazzling series! THE ITALIAN'S UNEXPECTED HEIR by Jennifer Faye is the third book in the Bartolini Legacy trilogy. I enjoyed this series as a whole, but I found myself wanting a little more from Enzo's story. Maybe it's because we already knew the conclusion of the paternity twist from the previous book, or maybe it was that I wanted more interaction with the siblings as a whole to feel a lock up from all of the emotions they stirred up in their search an
Hallie Szott
Jan 07, 2021 marked it as reviewed
3.5

The third Bartolini Legacy book does not fail to deliver just the sort of fun romance I expected!

Undeniably, something more has simmered beneath the surface of the friendship between Enzo Bartolini and Sylvie DeLuca—and a surprise consequence of their night together forces them to confront what those feelings mean for their future. With secrets, their pasts, and the selling of Bartolini estate to complicate matters, doing so proves no easy feat, but it just might be worth it in the end.

Jennif
Yvonne Cruz
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
We are back in Tuscany with the last of the unattached Bartolini siblings, Enzo.
He’s a man at a crossroad. After the discovery of their mother’s secret, he’s the last one left at the family villa and winery. He’s been torn about his future and is thinking of selling .
Sylvie, who had become his friend, has been working as a wedding planner in the villa. He’s unaware that she has been in love with Enzo since she arrived a year ago.
After a passionate night in Paris, Enzo finds out that Sylvie is p
Shelly Itkin
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you have read the other two books in the Bartolini Legacy you would know that now it is now Enzo's turn.

We read about Bianca's story and also Gia's story and now by default Enzo owns the vineyard. He had dreams and plans but after realizing he had too many bad memories he wants to sell it.

After a magical night in Paris, Sylvie his friend finds out she is pregnant. Although he is all set on selling the estate when a sudden fire erupts nearby he is faced with the possibility of losing everythin
Janice Sisemore
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
The Italian’s Unexpected Heir

I loved Sylvie and Enzo’s story in The Italian’s Unexpected Heir. They started out as friends and remain friends but something unexpected happened. Will they be able to become more than friends? Read and see.

A couple of quotes I loved from the book that I loved are: “never give up on those you love” and “Forgiveness is one of the greatest things you can give yourself and others.” These quotes were something Enzo father has said.

This book is part of a series but ca
Pam Lowery
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a way to wrap up the Bartolini Legacy series!
Enzo has won a prize for his wines, and one night in Paris with Sylvie will change their lives forever. And I had won the contest for the estate sort of by default, but is dead set on selling it because of the bad memories that surround it for him. Sylvie is going to do her best to change his mind, she loves it there and knows deep down Enzo does to. After an accident, they find out Sylvie is pregnant, everything changes. Will this change his mi
Lori R
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enzo's story was so intriguing. I was not sure what was going to happen. There was mystery, love, secrets, and guilt. I enjoyed how the story ended and that at one point all three of the Bartolini siblings were together once again at the beautiful villa. I liked the emphasis that their family was not perfect, none of them were, but they had always felt loved. I also enjoyed the epilogue.

Sylvie was such a fun, sweet, romantic character who grew up so much from her mother's death after having to s
Nancy Reynolds
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The third in the trilogy. I love all books by Jennifer Faye. They are always an easy, fast and fun read. The only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars is because Enzo spent so much time being - to me - unnecessarily down on himself to an annoying level. But the story moved quickly and the ending brought answers to any questions you may still have had from the earlier books. The trilogy was wonderful and great for escapism into other worlds. Keep your wonderful books coming, Jennifer Faye! ...more
Crystal
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Enzo, a typically big brother, who had to live with two little sisters. Sylvie what a wonderful women who did what she needed when her Mom was sick and after that. This book brings two people together that needed someone to listen and to love. I like the way they found out about the baby. What a Great love story. I have read all of Jennifer Faye's books and they just get better.
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Robyn
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful, feel good story by Jennifer Faye. This is the third book in this series, and it was my favorite. The story of Enzo and Sylvie is beautifully written, fast paced, and had me glued to the pages. They were friends who took their relationship to another level with a surprise that turned their world upside down. Are they able to remain friends and see what the future holds for them? Read this book to find out their story. You will be glad you did!
Dawn
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Italian's Unexpected Heir is the perfect ending to the Bartolini legacy series. Enzo and Sylvie's story is heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. Sylvie entrusts Enzo with her affection, but until he makes amends with his past he can't return her feelings.
The happy ending is a given, but the journey sure was fun to read.
I read an advanced copy of this book
Linda Rimer-Como
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable story! Doubt, regret and insecurity as well as strong sexual attraction bring us this interesting read. Great characters with uniques connections make this book hard to put down. Loving the Barolini family!

I voluntarily read and reviewed this book; all opinions expressed are my own.
Rachel
The perfect ending to this series. I really enjoyed this story and the gorgeous vineyard setting. Enzo wants to sell his family estate, but Sylvie sets out to stop him as she believes it'll be a big mistake. A very sweet love story with a well earned ending. ...more
Peggy Clayton
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Faye and romance go along just like peanut butter and jelly or butter on your corn on the cob. I really liked this one and before I knew it I was finished. The story was the final book in the Bartolini Legacy which was a stunner. Jennifer hit this one out of the park!
Christy
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Italian’s Unexpected Heir is such a great conclusion to this series. I didn’t read the first book, The Prince and The Wedding Planner, but I picked up on its story line by reading the second and third books. Though this book isn’t squeaky clean (a closed door romance scene), it is in no way explicit or offensive.

If you have read the prior books, you’re familiar with Sylvie, the current wedding planner at the Bartolini vineyard. Furthermore, you know that she and Enzo are good friends who har
Debra
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE ITALIAN’S UNEXPECTED HEIR is everything I love about a book by Jennifer Faye.
The setting is always a place on my bucket list: A Tuscan Vineyard and Paris.
The characters, Enzo and Sylvie, both have secrets.
Enzo is selling the family’s vineyard because of betrayals, guilt and secrets he just can’t get past.
One night in Paris with Sylvie gives him a reason to keep his family’s vineyard.
I really enjoyed and highly recommend!

I received an Advanced Reader Copy for an honest review.

• A Ranger for the Twins
  • Happily This Christmas (Happily Inc, #6)
  • An Alaskan Family Christmas
  • The Edge of Belonging
  • The Vineyard at Painted Moon
  • Three Makes a Family: A Clean Romance
  • Texas Holiday Hideout (Cowboy Lawmen Book 2)
  • A Nurse for Jacob (Nursing the Heart #4)
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • The Friendship List
  • The Line of Duty  (Blackhawk Security #6)
  • Cake Popped Off (Cupcake Catering Mystery Book 2)
  • Montana Wedding
  • Miss Tavistock's Mistake (The Brides of Mayfair #1)
  • A Marriage of Inconvenience
  • Ready to Trust (Hearts of Oklahoma, #2)
  • FIRE (Spiritual Warfare #3)
  • Amaryllis Journey
Award-winning author, Jennifer Faye pens fun, heartwarming romances. Jennifer has won the RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award, named a TOP PICK author, and been nominated for numerous awards. Now living her dream, she resides with her patient husband, amazing daughter (the other remarkable daughter is off chasing her own dreams) and two spoiled cats.

Jennifer loves to hear from readers—you ca

News & Interviews