Start by marking “Desperately Seeking Landlord” as Want to Read:
Desperately Seeking Landlord

Desperately Seeking Landlord

It was just supposed to be a fling.
It would end and we’d go our separate ways.
I should know by now nothing in my life is ever that simple.

When Jamie Miller knocks on my door ten months after we ended our … whatever it was, I promptly punch him in his smug face, for no other reason than I feel like it and he deserves it.

It’s probably not the best way to handle things,
Published September 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Desperately Seeking Landlord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperately Seeking Landlord

Start your review of Desperately Seeking Landlord
Three Chicks
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
Review by Jen Skewes

Micalea Smeltzer has done it again. I loved this book and devoured it in one sitting. Honestly, I wasn’t sure how I would feel about this book, mainly because of the hero. We met Jamie in book one and he was a complete douche. But Ms. Smeltzer manage to make me love someone who I had hated prior to reading this book.

Miranda is in her last year of college. She’s an artist who is sassy and a little bit quirky. She says what she wants and tells it like it is. When it com
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

Desperately Seeking Landlord is a sexy, hilarious, and swoon-worthy romantic comedy that had my heart pitter-pattering in overdrive right from the very beginning. Ever since Micaela Smeltzer first introduced us to Miranda and Jamie in Desperately Seeking Roommate I have been desperately seeking (pun totally intended) their story and I was so freaking excited when she announced that we WOULD getting one!

Miranda and Jamie's story was EVERYTHING and
Nancy The book junkie
Review to come!
Britt The Hatters
Shelves: 2019-favorites, faves
I’ve been desperately seeking this book since I read Desperately Seeking Roommate and I can say it was 100000000000% worth the wait. I’m pretty sure I’m fully addicted to Micalea Smeltzer’s writing at this point. Desperately Seeking Landlord has the perfect balance of humor and romance creating a romantic comedy that I could not put down for even a second. I’m serious. Un 👏 put 👏 downable 👏
Miranda and Jamie are the definition of polar opposites and their coming together in the previous book was
Kari Wicked Reads & Dreams
Micalea you did it again! You made me adore a character I absolutely thought was a jerk in book one. Gosh, Jamie has so many layers underneath those masks he wears! I was hoping after Desperately Seeking Roommate you were going to write Miranda's book because this chick is my spirit animal through and through!

I loved every single chapter, every single scene and all the awkward and stumbling around these two couldn't help but do while they protected their hearts.

Miranda is in her senior year of c
Tiffani
Feb 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
SPOILER ALERT

The only thing I really did like about it is that there wasn't a big drama-filled issue before their happy ending.
But while the ex may be a bitch, what is up the the abortion shaming? The girl doesn't have a say when it comes to her own body? It's disgusting how she was villainized just because she never wanted to have kids.
Also, Jamie was such an ass in DSR and we're never really given any explanation aside from "I don't let people in". How old are you? In this book he kicks out so
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Desperately Seeking Roommate was my very first book by this author this year and a total top favorite of mine so I was crazy excited for this one when it was announced! Miranda and Jamie were two characters I craved and needed to know more about from the first moment we met them in this first book and now FINALLY!!! their story is here!

Micalea Smeltzer nailed it in every single word and every single emotion that rolled off of the pages in Desperately Seeking Landlord. Sexy. Sweet. Swoony
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh I liked this one! Miranda and Jamie are 100% opposites and go together like oil and water, but sometimes that is what makes it fun!

If you liked the first book, you will love to be re-introduced to these awesome characters. I am a huge fan now of Micalea Smeltzer and love her books! Jamie was a grade A jerk in the first book and kind of throws off some of those vibes in this book to, but then when we read about him in this book he can definitely be a good man, is just extremely closed off. Mir
Heather andrews
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jamie jealous...noooo not him, not at all, “boyfriend jeans,” I blurt, my voice higher than normal. “What the eff do you mean your boyfriend’s jeans?” There are times Miranda can only handle so much of her man's antics, "my eyes fly open and I take a step away from him. “If you whip out your ***k I’ll punch you again.” Jamie knows how to ask those tough questions, “you’re terrified of having a Q-Tip swab your throat, but you’ll deep-throat my ***k?” I freaking loved this book, Jamie and Miranda ...more
Amali Rose
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun, sexy and swoony, Desperately Seeking Landlord is not to be missed.
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tours, arc
I really enjoyed the prequel book to this one and I was excited for this book to release because I knew that the main characters were secondary characters in the prequel book, so I was looking forward to reading their story! I received an ARC of this book and had luckily just finished my current read, so I was able to started reading straightaway! After reading this book, I can say that I really enjoyed it and it only took me a few sittings to read because I didn't want to put it down! The plot ...more
Jenifer Briggs
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'll be honest, I was hesitant on how I was going to react to Jamie in this book, seeing as how I couldn't stand him in Desperately Seeking Roommate. However, I was BLOWN. AWAY.
Jamie acts like the typical supreme asshole-douche canoe who doesn't form any connections with anyone, let alone women. However, this could be further from the truth, and I fell so hard for him! I think I like him more than I like Abel (*runs away and hides*) The way Jamie treated Miranda like she was a queen, made my he
Emily Goodman
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Smeltzer complete changes readers mind and heart with her new single dad romance Desperately Seeking Landlord. From cover to cover Smeltzer had me enthused with single dad and landlord, Jamie. Admittedly after reading her first book in this series, Desperately Seeking Roommate, I wasn’t a Jamie fan at all. He was crude, sleazy and a jerk throughout most of the book. That only gives more credit to Smeltzer for the incredible character arc she created for Jamie the second installment of this serie ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars

I can't begin to express how much I loved reading this amazing book of second chance love between Jamie and Miranda. The author has captured perfectly the romance, the angst, the push and pull between this adorable couple and I couldn't put it down.

I loved Jamie's character. At first, he comes across as a bit of a cocky jock, full of himself and a bit of a playboy. As the story progressed I got to see a different Jamie, the one he hides to protect his heart and his family. This man has b
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Desperately Seeking Landlord by Micalea Smeltzer
“Twist I didn’t see, 5 stars”

Okay, I’ll be honest I wasn’t a Jamie fan before going into Desperately Seeking Landlord because of his actions is Desperately Seeking Roommate. The guy was scummy, but in Desperately Seeking Landlord my opinion has completely morphed. Smeltzer turned Jamie into the unredeemable guy to someone who blew me away. Then you have Miranda who just rolled with it. She didn’t let her best friend influence her decision to be wit
Elsie
Prepare to Fall in Love! I know I did ❤️

"Some people we are destined to meet and they become a tether, to a time, a place, to a feeling and I know he’s that for me."

This book is beautiful, I feel like it's just what I needed to read. Zero drama and an amazing Happily Ever After.

Jamie is the vivid description of not judging a book by it's cover. We met him at Desperately Seeking Roommate and we all thought he was mean. Miranda is Lou's best friend. A happy, sure about herself and sweet girl. She
Wendy
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, arcs
When I found out that Miranda was getting a book I was excited. However when it was revealed that Jamie would be the hero I was a little hesitant. I wasn’t a fan of his in Desperately Seeking Roommate and I didn’t think Micalea could redeem him. But that just shows how great of a writer Micalea is. By the end of this book I was in love with Jamie. Miranda and Jamie had that deep connection but neither was willing to admit it. When the denial couldn’t happen any longer it was something special. I ...more
Natasha
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 massive star read.
This can be read as a standalone but I would reccomend reading Desperately Seeking Roommate first so that you get a feel for the characters.
I have to say when I first read Desperately Seeking Roommate (the book before this one) I didn't expect to love Jamie's story as much as I did. In fact I actually hated Jamie in the other book. The glimpses we got of him he was horrible and I was actually quite worried going into this book as I had no clue how I would feel towards him. Bu
Elizabeth
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ten Stars.....Amazing!

I typically read a book, mark it as read, give it a star rating and continue on my day. I am not great with words and I don't want to taint the perfection of what is written in these books. Today, I can not help myself. I just have to write one.

I fell in love with Desperately Seeking Roomate. It was perfect, real, and made me laugh out loud. It made me want to buy walkie talkies!

When I learned about the release of Desperately Seeking Landlord, I was excited. I waited and w
Amy
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads-arc
I gotta say I'm surprised with this book. Desperately Seeking Roommate wasn't my favorite book by Micalea, and I wasn't sure how much I was going to like a book about Lou's outrageous friend Miranda and her asshole of a landlord Jamie. But man oh man I loved this book.
It really surprised me how different this seemed from Micalea's other books, especially lately. It seems like instead of a slow burn with tons of drama, I got a fast, hot, and heavy book that got straight to the damn point. That w
Marina Skinner
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have only read one other book by this author and was dying to read this one!
Well I have to say this book is so worth reading, you will laugh, maybe shed some tears, swoon and sigh as well!
This book was absolutely amazing! Miranda and James are meant to be, but they have a bit of a road ahead of them! All in good, finding out about each other, fun!
This was definitely a book that will leave you smiling! It has beautiful friendships and family! So much going for it, Ill just say read it!
I really
Samantha Lawless
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Going in I was a little unsure about how I would feel with Jamie being our hero, after meeting him in the previous book. He came across as a rude asshole.
Well I shouldn't have worried, Micalea worked her worst magic and really showed me, behind his cold-hearted front was a beautiful soul doing his best to raise his adorable son Toby and protect his heart.
Miranda was awesome, so strong in her self belief and confidence and such a fun loving women. The two together really evened each other out an
Andrea Morgan -Bookaholic Sisters blog
Boooom !!! Shes done it again!!!

Seriously how do you turn a grade a jerk into,,,,,,well ,,,,,,that?????
Jamie is everything and more......swoon 😍

We go into this book utterly convinced jamie is an absolute jerk, but what we find is someone completely different hes built up so many walls over the years due to a heartbreaking past its understandable hes who he is ,until the amazing Miranda sees through these walls and looks at the real Jamie.
Oh how i love this girl she had me laughing so hard and h
Sharon
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a great, funny yet romantic read, this is the one you need to read! 5 stars for this one! Grab it asap!
Meet Miranda, final year of college, just trying to get through life. When her former hookup Jamie knocks on her door, she's wondering what the heck hes doing here, when she hasn't seen him in months, he announces that he's her new landlord....That's when the fun begins!
If you read Desperately Seeking Roommate, you're going to love this! Micalea's writing is great, the ant
Lisa Louise
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg i never thought i would say these words " i love jamie so much" i was not expecting him to be completely different to how he actually portrays himself. Jamie is an amazing man that has built walls to protect himself from being hurt again but they are not strong enough to keep Miranda from bulldozing her way through them.

I've loved Miranda from the start, she's sweet, loyal, loving and funny. Miranda and Jamie's relationship is steamy and endearing. I couldn't get enough of them and sweet lit
Renee Entress
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Miranda and Jamie’s story. Jamie broke something in Miranda’s heart when things ended between them and she hits him when he comes to her door. Too bad she can’t get rid of him that easily as he is her landlord. She must deal with him. He is determined to win her over, but will he be able to? Or will she use everything she can to push him away?

I loved these characters and the side characters. I felt I
Dana Busenbark
Oh…. This should be interesting!!! We get to read Miranda's story! We get to see what actually transpired between her and Jamie I hope. Holy smokes!!!! I did not expect what I learned about Jamie in this book! MIND BLOWN!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Lord help me!! I kept setting off my asthma from all the laughing with this book! I did not like Shannon. I adored Tobias and Mama Jo. This was a sweet rom-com of a book. Especially the ghost incident!! Jamie is such a pushover!

RECEIVED THIS BOOK AS A GIFT FOR A F
Heather
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Micalea is a new author to me, prior to this book I had only read desperately seeking roommate. I wonder why I hadn't read anything by this amazing author! She is phenomenal. She wrote Lou and Miranda so beautifully and so real I love reading about real females, ones who aren't perfect!

I hated Jamie like absolutely hated him in desperately seeking roommate when I figured out he was the hero of this book I was so worried. I NEVER end up loving a character I previously hated...I should say I don't
Sassy Southern
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading Desperately Seeking Roommate I knew I had to get my hands on this book. Although Jamie wasn't my favorite character in the first book he definitely grew on me in this one.

This book was a fun, hilarious read that had me hooked and dying to know how things were going to work out. I really did love these characters and thought that their chemistry was amazing! I love the story line and I love this authors writing!

The laugh out loud banter, the hot steamy moments and the drama that k
Brittani Brown
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! If you read Desperately Seeking Roommate, you will want to read this one for sure. Even if you haven’t read it you should check it out if you like RomComs! I laughed so hard in parts I almost peed on the plane! Seriously, Micalea can write some great hilarity. But it also had real-life situations. If you like epilogues, you especially will love this because there’s 3 whole separate epilogues! Gah, my heart. LOVED IT! Seriously. Buy it now!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Color Me Pretty
  • Doughn't Let Me Go (Slice, #3)
  • What's Your Sign? (Cupids #2)
  • Where the Little Birds Go (Little Bird Duet #1)
  • Once Upon A Holiday
  • A Slice of Love (Slice, #4)
  • Someday, Someday
  • Looking to Score
  • The unEXpected Plan
  • The Setup
  • The Trade
  • Just Breathe Again
  • Rebel Desire (Rebel Love #3)
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
Micalea Smeltzer is a twenty-something author from Northern Virginia. She has four dogs, which is as crazy as it sounds. As a recent kidney transplant recipient she's dedicated to raising awareness around the effects of kidney disease, dialysis, and transplant as well as educating people on living donation. When she's not writing you can catch her with her nose buried in a book.

News & Interviews