Start by marking “The Exciting Life of a Minor Character” as Want to Read:
The Exciting Life of a Minor Character

The Exciting Life of a Minor Character

Claire is sick of being a Minor Character. She despises the fact that the most exciting thing that’s happened to her in four long years has been answering a phone.

She wants her own story, she wants more lines, and most of all, she wants adventure. Even if that means killing her Main Character. Unfortunately, only the Author has the power to kill Characters, but Claire wil
ebook
Published June 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Exciting Life of a Minor Character, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Exciting Life of a Minor Character

Start your review of The Exciting Life of a Minor Character
Jess C
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Special Thanks to Morgan W. Silver for provided me with a Digital ARC of The Exciting Life of a Minor Character!

If you are interested in a Full Review, Please click on the Link Below!
***A Full Review can be found on my Blog, Behaving Bookishly: After Thoughts & Opinions!***

Blog Link- behavingbookishly.home.blog Behaving Bookishly: After Thoughts & Opinions
Kristel Greer
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was sent a copy of the book from the author to review.

If you are into quirky, fun reads with a bit of a mystery at its centre then this is the book for you.

Claire is a minor character, a supporting role in a detective story. She longs to have more adventure, purpose and stimulation in her dull life, Character Central is the place all minor characters live while their books aren’t being read. Her character is a bubbly, upbeat secretary but when Claire is not in ‘story mode’ she is grumpy, sarc
Jamie Jack
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: p-2020, mystery
What Writerly Fun!

As a sometime writer and freelance editor, I loved this book and thought it was so fun. It was a little hard to get into at first, but I'm glad I stuck with it. It is certainly unusual! I loved the idea that there's a shadow world where characters exist somewhat beyond the confines of a book or an author’s reach. And there's a hierarchy at Character Central, of course, with minor characters on a lower rung than main characters. With a popular series, of course, a minor characte
Gemma Collins
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book had me hooked from the opening chapter.

From the very start I cared about the characters, and only became more fond of them as the story progressed. Which, of course, meant that the twists and reveals only hit that much harder when they arrived.

This story is essentially a murder mystery set in the world of minor fictional characters. It's a really intriguing premise, and it works extremely well. The story kept me guessing at whodunnit the entire time, but the final reveal thankfully doe
Kim
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've always had an interest in minor characters. I don't know why, perhaps it's the fact that we can imagine so much more about them than about major characters, as we receive so little information. We see glimpses and get to fill in all the (many) blanks ourselves and it makes me fond of these characters that make the story work so well and add more depth.

So reading a book focused on minor characters was fascinating to me. I love the world created here, the originality, the many aspects that ar
Kaylin
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was privileged to read this before publication. As a disclaimer, I don't know the author but thankfully, she was looking for a few people to do a last sweep before putting this book out there.

What a fun and unique piece of writing! I was hooked immediately and devoured the story, putting aside all my other things I was supposed to get done. I'm not even sure the cats got fed. Seriously. It's that good.

Okay, fine, yes this was an exaggeration. I'm certain I threw some crunchies in their directi
Jennifer Coffey
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one was so much fun! I thoroughly enjoyed the world-building, characters, and writing style.

The world of Character Central is incredibly clever and vivid. I could picture every aspect of the character's lives.

I also really enjoyed our main character, Claire. I thought she was funny, independent, and free-spirited.

Lastly, I thought the writing was hilarious. The dialogue goes perfectly with the overall theme of bookish content in a bookish world.

Overall, this is a perfect book for any bo
Riley
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a charming and clever tale about lemons not necessarily being more yellow on the other side. The characters were brilliant, and the plot was endearingingly creative. And I really loved the Sea of Procrastination and all the enticing things to be found in there. Trust, acceptance, ambition, friendship, betrayal, figuring out how to bloom where you're planted, hope, and love were some of the underlying themes in this quirky adventure.

I received a free copy of The Exciting Life of a Minor
Jodi Sweet
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I laughed so much and so often throughout the entire thing! I have never read a book from a character’s perspective behind the scenes of the novel they are in. It was so cool! I fell in love with these characters. The author brought them to life. I really hated when the book ended. I wanted to spend more time in their world.

JennyR
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Yes, it's beautiful, but don't go in it."
"Why not?"
"It's the Sea of Procrastination. Once you get in, you'll never get anywhere."

This book is filed with moments like that, but it was also surprisingly deep. It's about found families, life and death, and lemons. XD It's also a quick read, exciting towards the end.. and it made me laugh.
Tristan Burbridge
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story line was great, the character work was fantastic, and the book had a smooth flow to it. I was highly entertained from beginning to end and found myself laughing throughout the book. This was the first book by this author that I've read, but it won't be the last.

Jeanne Richardson
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Morgan W. Silver; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Rhonda
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting concept from a different point of view. Interesting and entertaining characters lend to a good story.

Marisa Fife
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Interesting twist on a mystery story! A fun, playful read with enough intrigue and mystery to keep the pages turning without getting too dark. Characters were a delight. If you are looking for a lighthearted mystery that leaves you feeling upbeat, this is it.
Vicki
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Keeps your attention and a fast paced book. If you want something to read in a day this is the one.
(Disclosure I received this book for free, for a honest review.)
Malin
Jun 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Claire är en bikaraktär i en deckarroman. Hon hade mycket hellre velat vara huvudkaraktär. Så hon försöker febrilt ta livet av Jeff, hennes romans huvudkaraktär. Problemet är att bokkaraktärer inte kan dödas. Lika lite som de kan skadas (vilket Claire ofta visar genom att knuffa ut folk genom fönster) eller känna smak (såvida det inte är stark sådan, så citron och chili är populär mat i The Minor Character Central, där de bor) eller annat än väldigt starka känslor. Så det är med förvåning och sk ...more
Ashley Chase
Feb 07, 2021
Morgan Silver
Mar 19, 2020 marked it as my-written-books  ·  (Review from the author)
E.G. Stone
Charlotte
Jun 06, 2020

• The RiverMaid's Tales The Complete Collection
  • Lucifer on Leave
  • Chasing His Forever (Folklore #5)
  • Wishes and Warlocks
  • Unguarded
  • Layla (Curvy Girls Can #1)
  • Loyal Leopard (Full Moon Protectors #5)
  • Rough Love (Kindred #3)
  • My Girl
  • Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford, #1)
  • Deception (Lies & Deception #1)
  • Nevermore (Raven Crawford, #2)
  • Bridezillas And Billionaires
  • Sinth Seized (Sinth Strain, #3)
  • Demons & Dragons
  • Ink (Wings of Diablo, #6)
  • Fender (Soulless Kings MC, #1)
  • The King's Fire (The Dragon Ruby, #2)

News & Interviews