Start by marking “The Haunting at Paradise House” as Want to Read:
The Haunting at Paradise House

The Haunting at Paradise House

This book has been unpublished and rewritten as Escaping Demons- A New Adult book.

Slaying a demon will wake her powers. But evil doesn't die without a fight.

Ordinary nurse Addison moves to the Florida Keys to a mansion called Paradise House, where she finds out nothing there is as it seems. And that she's not so ordinary.

Hellhounds … Killer dolls … creatures lurking in th
Kindle Edition, Unpublished
Published October 8th 2019 by Grim House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Haunting at Paradise House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunting at Paradise House

Start your review of The Haunting at Paradise House
Shalini
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
How to defeat a demon? Read the book to know the answer.

Addison was offered a job at the Paradise House to look after an old man. Strange things began to happen, marionettes coming to life, strange kid roaming the halls, demon controlling the old man, his minion trying to control Addison.

My first book by author Killian Wolf, the book was fun to read. The first half spooked me when Addison got to experience the rumbles of the house and weird incidents, though I wished the atmosphere in this sec
Samantha
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up to 4

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review via the author and Rachel's Random Resources. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

There's only one thing Addison needs right now... a job! She is a trained nurse with her resume submitted to all the hospitals and care centers. Finally she gets a call for a job from a man who claims he found her resume online and needs her to take care of his father, the only catch is that she has to
Jessica Belmont
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Haunting at Paradise House was a fun read. It was a slow burn to start, but when it picked up, it got scarier, which was great. This was a perfect Halloween read.

Killian Wolf has crafted a creepy story. The first half was a bit slow, and I wanted it to be a bit scarier. Addison begins experiencing weird incidents in the house. However, the second half really picks up when she has to deal with the demon. I was sitting on the edge of my seat while they search for an answer that happened.

I want
Melissa (missy)
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Rogue Reaper is the prologue to Killian's new book coming out... The Haunting at Paradise House. It’s the first in the series Reapers of the Veil.
It was a very short but exciting read from beginning to end.
I can not wait for The Haunting at Paradise House.
Deekay
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything I’m looking for in a Fantasy genre; another dimension, magic/supernatural power, dead spirits, grim reapers, a spell book, dark entity, rituals etc. I really loved the elements this book has.

I truly didn’t expect that I would ended up loving this book. The writing was smooth and steady, making the whole story to be so easy to get or understand. The storyline has a lot of shocking twists, and I didn’t see it all coming. It was nice to be surprised by the story. I truly lo
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Rachel’s Random Resources for this free copy.

I think that I’m back into the paranormal/supernatural fantasy types of books again? Sometimes I feel like I can get overloaded by the genre and then all the books start to run together and feel very similar, but I really enjoyed this one. I absolutely adore sibling relationships explored in novels, especially in paranormal typ
Melissa
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This first novel in The Reapers of the Veil series by Killian Wolf is an engaging delve into contemporary fantasy. It opens with two reapers, Ambrose and Deacon, the former of whom has botched a collection. It then jumps to the apartment of lead character Addison, a young woman looking for work as a nurse. When a live-in position falls into her lap, she is trepidatious, but accepts the position anyway, and then strange events begin to occur.

While some of the setup was a bit implausible (nurses r
Jessica Bronder
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Addison is given the opportunity to be a live in nurse for Dax’s father, Orlando. But strange things are happening at the house and it’s clear that a demon is after Orlando. Addison meets Ambrose in the worst way possible but it is clear that there is something going on with Ambrose and Dax and that it involves Addison. They are going to have to work together to stop the demon, and help both Dax and Ambrose with their problems.

This is one of those stories that I want to write a summary of the b
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Addison wants nothing more than to be a nurse but is getting nowhere. Out of the blue she is offered a job working at Paradise House. But the moment she sets foot there strange things start to happen and she thinks there’s more to her new employers than what meets the eye.

The Haunting at Paradise House is a combination of fantastical elements with ghostly goings on, intrigue, mystery and a dash of romance added to the mix.

There’s plenty of spooky scenes, with some very creepy dolls, which made m
Trinity Lecroy
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My beginning thoughts were it was confusing and hard to understand. After getting a couple chapters in, I loved it. It was different than any books I've recently read. I liked how the author incorporated things that most people fear, such as, what happens after death. This book was refreshing and interesting to say the least. I loved the part when Addison found out the whole truth. It was definitely a twist I was not expecting. Also, it took me to the end of the book to understand the beginning, ...more
Lorraine
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Addison accepts a job in South Florida, taking care of Dax Castillo’s father, Orlando, she takes on more than she was expecting.

It’s a book of two halves, the first half being spooky as Addison is ‘haunted’ by ghosts, and things she doesn’t understand. While in the second half deals with how the demon can be defeated.

With surprising twists, magic, spirits, another dimension and much more, the story was atmospheric and intriguing, and kept me turning the pages.
Christy Hancock
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting storyline! Ghosts, reapers, demons, and magic. I liked the main characters and felt that they grew throughout the book. At times the story felt slow but it didn't take away from the interest at all. The action was fast paced so you kinda needed the story to slow a bit. That doll room freaked me out!! My only wish was that there was a little more romance but overall it was a fun read. ...more
Brittney's Review
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
After a slow burn start with some rough transitions between scenes and chapters, this book picked up pretty well. The characters fell a little flat in the first half of the book, but this was due to the twist in the end so it balanced out. Overall the scare factor was more of one of suspense and not scary. It is a good read for those who like magic as well as ghosts.
Kaili (Entertainingly Nerdy)
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I really enjoyed the haunting at paradise house. It kept me interested and wanting to know more. However I do think it kind of lacks that character driven plot that I think would've worked well for this book. I still enjoyed it and I'm really excited to read the next one! ...more
Joanna Harris
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Different kind of story. Scary but not real scary. Likeable characters. Story is mysterious and slowly unfolds into something bigger. You’ll have to wait til the end for the whole truth to come out.
I like that the book ends but if you really like it, there’s another book coming.
Jasmine
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Review coming soon.
Maria Sinclair
added it
Nov 02, 2019
Emily Templeman
Jun 11, 2020

• Brad was Sad: Emotional intelligence storybook. Choose your outlook and own your feelings.
  • Hallowed Ground: the mystery of the African Fairy Circles
  • Unborn: A dystopian thriller
  • Good Girls Lie
  • Fighting Back (Battle Ground #4)
  • Darkest Hour (Battle Ground #3)
  • Empire's Daughter (Empire's Legacy #1)
  • Bell, Book and Candle (To Snare A Witch, #1)
  • Tangled Roots (Tangled Magic, #1)
  • Girls Made of Snow and Glass
  • Imaginary Friend
  • Monkey Arkwright (Wardens of the Black Heart #1)
  • Slash
  • Hunter's Blood (The Edinburgh Crime Mysteries #4)
  • The Black Ditch: The Laurie Sterne Trilogy (Book One)
  • Murder In The Multiverse
  • Rage and Retribution (The DI Sterling series)
  • One: Rage Vengeance Murder (A Path of Deception and Betrayal, #3)
Killian Wolf is a Miami, FL native who enjoys pirates, rum, and skulls as much as she loves writing about dark magick and sorcerers. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Cultural Anthropology and Sociology and a Master of Science in Environmental Archaeology and Palaeoeconomy.

Killian writes books about obtaining magickal powers, and stepping into other dimensions. She lives in England with her h

News & Interviews

Signed up for the 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge and looking for tips on how to discover and read more books? We’ve got your back. (And if...