Start by marking “Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)” as Want to Read:
Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)

Jock Road

(Jock Hard #3)

EAT. SLEEP. FOOTBALL.

Those are Jackson Jennings, Jr’s three mantras . His entire life, he’s been a trained athlete with only one end-game: the Pro’s. No girls. No parties. No alcohol.

EAT. SLEEP. FOOTBALL.

Repeat.

Every Friday night, Triple J cruises the strip on campus, bored, lonely and conditioned not to party. But the night he meets Charlotte Edmonds on the side o
Paperback
Published September 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Jock Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jock Road

Start your review of Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
Corina
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Jock Road was a sweet college romance. And if you love insta-love, and the combination of a sweet but a bit naive hero, and a sassy heroine - this is your book. Also it's drama free and low angst - which is something I usually like.

But unfortunately Jock Road wasn't the right book for me.

And at this point I might just have to accept that I need to move on.

There was really nothing major wrong with this book, the issues I have are first and foremost personal.

1) I'm not a fan of a certain
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Quick review of the things I throughly enjoyed in this installment

Jackson == "Iowa, How the fuck I ended up here is beyond me".
Me == I love Iowa, I've lived my whole life here, and no not near any corn fields or pigs😜

Jackson == "Shit, I haven't even had sex yet"
Me == I'm a sucker for a sexy 22 year old jock virgin heading to the NFL, count me in

Charlotte == "I want to be the first thing he thinks about when he wakes up and the last thing he things about before falling asleep--if I'm not sle
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I kiss his majestic nose again. Again. Loving every second of it, cherishing this moment, hoping to remember it forever, no matter what ends up happening with us. We may not have a happily ever after—only time will tell—but we’re happy now, and I want to touch his soul—and his body.

The ”Jock Hard” series is my favorite of Sara Ney’s works. In ”JOCK ROAD” our alpha male Hero is Iowa States’ famous wide receiver, Jackson Jennings, aka ”Triple
Jen
I battled with the rating on this third instalment of the Jock Hard series. I wavered between a 3.5 Stars to a 4 Stars, and finally decided I would give it a 4 because even though I had a few issues with the story... I really enjoyed Jackson and Charlotte!!!

This starts out an enemy to lovers story! The bickering between Jackson and Charlotte was highly amusing to me! I loved both of their characters and I adored watching them fall in love... even if it all did happen very quickly. In fact, I fel
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE Amazon: https://amzn.to/33rh9Zo

5 STARS

This was a cute,sweet,fun and lighthearted story!I was smiling all the time, Triple J and Charlie were cute together!I loved how they met and everything between them was flirty and funny!

description

Triple J is definitely one of the most swoon worthy heroes!I was melting for him, and Charlie was so fun and sassy!They have a great combination whenever they were together!I was grinning and rooting for them!Their sex scenes were so hot and intimidate!I loved them so
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
She stands there, unmoving, letting the simple kiss simmer, tattooing my mouth forever with the imprint of hers.
It burns.
Singes.
Electrifies me.

This was So. Stinking. Cute.

Like seriously cute. With a splash of feels and Sara Ney's signature humor to lighten things up.

Now cute isn't typically my thing. I love my NA steamy and angsty. But there's something about this book that just worked for me. Maybe it was the completely refreshing hero that was JJ. Here you have a handso
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I liked this, but it's definitely my least favorite of the series so far. There were some loose strings at the end that made the book feel unfinished. But Jackson and Charlie were adorable and I had a fun time reading about them!
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I liked some of this, but frankly the h's attitude at first and the abrupt ending made it not as enjoyable as it could've been. It had basically no closure and the conflict was pretty lack luster as well. But! If you're looking for a story with a virgin H that's a college athlete with minimal drama -- this probably will work for you! I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either -- just okay 3 Stars.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Charlie and Jackson's story. Jac
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Stars

Jock Road has one of the most adorable heroes that Sara Ney has ever written. I wanted to just cuddle him this entire book and was swooning all over the place. He was such a contradiction and it worked so well with the story. The big jock football player, with the southern drawl and jacked up pickup truck would probably make think that you'd be reading another of this authors douchebag heroes. But that's not the case at all. Jackson was actually a super cut
Melanie (mells_view)
So what if he’s cute? He’s a danger and a menace to society.

I feel like this could have been one of the douchebag books since the hero and the heroine were both pretty jerky to each other at the start. It can be read standalone. So enemies to lovers, plus instafeelings. It’s also sweet and slow burn. The hero is a virgin, but of course he can eat it like a god. *eye roll* Still an ok read. Nothing to write home about, but it was entertaining. I think it’s a pretty quick read, but it did admitted
Syndi
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG! This book is super cute. I am not really a big fan of NA romance book. But this book is super cute. I love love Jackson. He is such an adorable hero.

A bit of alpha but sweet cuddle bear inside. So cute. I die of over cuteness of him. There is that meet cute on the beginning of the book. Super cute. Charlotte is likeable heroine with motherly side. She acts so symphatic around Jackson and makes him comfortable.

I can not stress more how super cute this 2 are. So cute. Adorable.

4 stars
Sam (AMNReader)
Angry, this is for you.

Look, sometimes the background of my life is DanTDM and boys yelling bro at each other. I might as well read a college romance.

Sarah Ney has presented me with a mixed bag. She keeps writing unusual characters. Brash women, sure of themselves, maybe subpar attractiveness in the hero or heroine. Maybe a take-charge woman who can stand up to a strong-personality jock type.

But, then there's this thread in my brain...this I've read this before... Jackson is a sheltered, highly
~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

I've said it before but this series is super cute! Sweet, but not gag-worthy - Slow burn, character-driven stories and extremely enjoyable.

Jackson = Southern gentleman, big softie, virgin
Charlie = Funny, sassy, takes no shit!

Top banter, great chemistry & a highly engaging storyline. 4 Stars!

facebook wp instagram .
ABookLover73
Five cute stars for Charlie and Jackson ❤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is the first book I've read by Sara Ney and some of you could wonder how it that is possible because I have the whole "How To Date a Douchbag" series on my shelf 😅?!

Sometimes I buy books that friends recommend me without reading the blurb because they know me well and they also know what kind of books I love to read 😄.

So, after I've read "Jock Road" I knew that I didn't make a mistake buying "How To Date a Douchbag" series because I love, lov
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
DNF - 47%
I normally LOVE Sara Ney's books. They are so so so soooo good. But this one didn't do it for me. I struggled to connect with this couple. And the back and forth banter annoyed me. They were so argumentative allllll the time. It didn't come off flirty or fun, just irritating. IMO. Again, I'm normally a HUGE fan of Sara Ney's books but I just didn't feel this.
book bruin
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was a really cute spin on the sports romance trope. I enjoy the Jock Hard series so much because there isn't a ton of angst or crazy drama in every book. Jock Road is a new adult romance about finding love, sometimes in the unlikeliest places.

I wasn't sure how to feel about Charlotte (Charlie) and Jackson at first. I actually found them a little too brash and annoying initially, but once things got going, I loved watching them navigate their new friendship and then more. They have
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: September 5th, 2019
Genre: New Adult. Sports Romance.

If you love heroes that don't fit into the stereotypical ideal of what a football player would be then you'll want to meet Jackson in Jock Road! This book is just the cutest! When I say that I don't mean that it's a fluffy read, but the characters make is so damn adorable. I fell hard for Charlie and Jackson and being on their journey to love was so much fun. Sara Ney delivered with this book and wrote original characters who
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelly, ratula
You guys!! Sara Ney did it again! She once again delivered a sexy, banterific, Iaugh out loud #jocktastic story filled with all the sass, smirks and swoons!! Jackson and Charlie were absolutely delicious and so damn addicting. This story was filled with so much heart and I loved every minute of it!

Gah! There is nothing I love more than an enemies to lovers romance. When Charlotte "Charlie" Edmonds met Jackson "Triple J" Jennings, it was definitely not love at first sight. She was definitely not
Sometime
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The best thing about this book was the fact that the H is a virgin and a truly nice guy. The H/h meet when he steals the chicken sandwich she was waiting on in the cafeteria. Then they keep bumping into each other. They actually argue quite a bit and it makes me wonder if the author was going for an enemies to lovers vibe. The problem for me was that their arguments felt really antagonistic and it went on for too long.

The H just wants to focus on football and his dad is a controlling a**hole who
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„Oh, Charlie, if were I the dating kind… I’d date the hell out of you.”

Sara Ney is one of my unicorn authors and every time she announces a new book I’m getting excited like a kid on Christmas morning. Her stories are witty, charming and everything a good romcom should be. I just knew that I’ll get crazy about Jock Road. This book was adorable, brilliantly funny and filled with Sara’s signature snark. During this read I have swooned, snorted, rolled my eyes and laughed out loud. I loved every se
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5/ 5 stars

I think it's safe to say that I might like Jock Hard more than How to a Douchebag series. I mean I love a good douche but the heroes in this series are just winning me over left and right. I adored Jackson, I love that he had a little of cowboy in him and he he was so charming once you got past his douchy actions. And there was so much more to him than the jock image he portraided, I loved getting to know him as Charlie peeled off his layers.

Charlie was a spit-fire, no hold
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 STARS!

Sara Ney, hands down, does complete justice to the sports romance genre. She gives it just the right amount of sexy and those much needed laugh-out-loud moments! Anything she writes, I'm reading.

Jock Road is Sara's third installment in her Jock Hard series and I can't get enough of them! The beauty of this series is that each book can be read as a standalone... But you'll want to read them all!

In Jock Road we meet Charlie & Jackson.

Jackson "Triple J" Jennings is the star wide receiver
Meredith Wilson
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah! Sara Ney has once again delivered a fun, sexy and laugh out loud narrative that will hit you with all of the feels. Jackson and Charlie were absolutely adorable and completely addicting with their sizzling chemistry and fiery hot banter. I positively devoured this amusing and entertaining, enemies-to-lovers story with a smile on my face from start to finish.

When Charlotte "Charlie" Edmonds meets Jackson "Triple J" Jennings, it was definitely not love at first sight. He steals her food, he
Carmen Rae
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Geez Sara Nay can write the hell out of new adult romance. Not that I didn't already know that but damn that book just nailed it.

Jackson and Charlotte were so cute together. They shouldn't have worked from the outside but they came together so perfectly I just couldn't get enough of them together.

And I will admit Jackson was 90% of this book for me. He is everything I could need in a new adult hero and a little bit more. I would have liked more of a conclusion with his parents or a massive epil
P. Dangelico
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute

Jackson is her best jock yet. Funny, sweet, endearing, and sexy. Read it in one sitting. My only gripe is that I wish we would’ve seen more of the family dynamics.
Michelle
Luv Jackson.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Jock Road is the third book in the series. They aren't connected there standalone. I've enjoyed this series so much. The characters and stories have been great and this book was the same. This Book is quite different to the other 2 books but that was good. Jackson plays for the football team but he isn't like your normal footballer. Ye he's big, strong sexy and has woman all over him. But he doesn't want them well that's what he's been told for year that woman will ruin his caree
Anna lost in stories *A*
I am a huge fan of Sara Ney’s writing style… it’s always entertaining, hilarious and sexy, but the stories in this particular series of hers are my favourite because of the lack of the unnecessary drama / misunderstandings between our main couple… this is the third full length installment in it, but they all work perfectly well as standalones… I loved it, not as much as the first one in this series, which is one of my all time favourites, but it was really good :) as always the banter between ou ...more
queen_of_the_books_18
Sara Ney has just delivered another hilarious read, full of banter and back and forth with lines that had me spitting my drink out. I mean come on, read this and tell me you didn’t chuckle....

I’m no spitter—that would make me a quitter.

Jock Road is the story of Charlotte (Charlie) and Jackson (Triple J). They way they meet immediately puts them on the back foot as Jackson comes off arrogant and conceited. But I loved Charlie, I loved her sassy mouth and that she didn’t take any of his shit.

The
Irene Sim
Dear Mrs Ney, where is the rest of the story?

I loved Charlie and Jackson, their chemistry is OTT, their bander and teasing had me LMAO, and when they finaly got together it was sweet and heart melting and then..... WHAT?

Why does their story end so abrubtly? So many questions are left unanswered and I'm sad because I've got to expect so much more from Sara Ney and this ending feels really rushed...
Valentine
Loved it. Safe. Virgin H. No drama.

• The Dugout
  • I Hate You
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks #3)
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Hate the Game
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • The Lineup
  • Outmatched
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • The Locker Room
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte's, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British.

Jock Hard (3 books)
  • Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1)
  • Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2)