Start by marking “Feels Like Falling” as Want to Read:

Parades 20 Most Anticipated Books of Early 2020
SheKnows 10 of the Most Anticipated Books Coming in 2020
Mary Kay Andrews Reading Challenge Womens Fiction Pick
Working Mothers 20 Most Anticipated Books of 2020 for Working Moms

From the next major voice in Southern fiction (Elin Hilderbrand) and the bestselling author of the Peachtree Bluff series comes an odd-couple tale
Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Feels Like Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feels Like Falling

Start your review of Feels Like Falling
Katie B
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it

One of the things I liked about this novel was how friendship was such an important element of the story. This was a pretty light and easy read but I'll admit to tearing up a bit at one moment towards the end. This would have been fine if I was in the comfort of my home, but I was reading this book in a waiting room while my car was being serviced. Slightly embarrassing and hopefully the other people didn't notice. But hey, it's always pretty cool when a book can make you feel
TeriLyn
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
**Feels Like Falling generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

4 "Life had other plans." Stars

The quote above was stated in the first 5% of this book and nothing could more true for the tone and progression of this engaging story. "Life had other plans" than what you thought and how do you move on from those life alterations?

When life is turned upside down and inside out for two women who couldn't be more different, readers get an intimate look at how
Sue
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kristy Woodson Harvey is one of those few authors that you just know - even before you read the first page -that you are going to meet wonderful believable characters in a beautiful location. You want to read her books fast because they are so good but you also want to read them slowly because you don't want to leave these new friends. I am one of her major fans and have read every book that she's written and I can tell you that all of her books are fantastic but this is my new favorite.

I really
Genevieve Trono
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Feels like Falling was my first book by Kristy Woodson Harvey. I read it while traveling home from vacation and it was the perfect balance of being easy and engaging without being too fluffy. It was the kind of book that I had a hard time putting down but I also didn't want it to end because I wanted to follow along with these main characters even more.

I enjoyed getting to know the characters and the idea that sometimes "family" is the one we create ourselves. Harvey's writing is emotional,
Tammy
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: release-2020
I loved this heart-endearing story! ♥
One failed marriage with mounting lawyer fees trying to keep her company out of his hands, a job firing, living homeless in a car.. what more could go wrong? Two strong and independent women Gray and Diana each face insurmountable obstacles, both different as night and day, meet and form an unbreakable bond.
Their heartaches and successes were a roller-coaster ride of laughing, crying and cheering right along with them, and I loved Kristys portrayal of Diana
Shannie Sunshine
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for my digital copy in exchange for an honest opinion.

The second I saw that a new book by this author was available for request on Netgalley, I asked for it. Having read a few books by her already, I knew it was a given that I would like it. At least, I hoped it was. And I am happy to say that I was not disappointed. With each one of her books, including this one, I was immediately connected to the characters as I met them and I was automatically drawn
Joann 'bartunek' prashek
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yep, 5 stars. Very easy read where I didn't have to use all my brain cells. The line I enjoyed the most was..."It doesn't have to look perfect to be perfect for you." I think everyone should take stock in that statement!
Donna Hines
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Love, Love, Love Kristy Woodson Harvey!
When a marriage is on the rocks, a friend has just been fired, and it's moving day ....well let's just say it's a busy time for our main characters Gray Howard and Diana Harrington on the North Carolina coast.
It seems troubled waters are on the horizon as Gray is dealing with a failing marriage of 9 yrs and Diana has just broken off with her boyfriend.
However, just when there's seem to be no light the ray's of sunshine come forcefully down upon us all.
I
Sherri Thacker
Another great book by Kristen Woodson Harvey. Friendship, love, and NC beaches (which I personally love too). I loved all the characters and really enjoyed the story. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this early release in exchange for my honest review.
Kelsey Whitney
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kristy Woodson Harvey has done it yet again. Her books always hit the sweet spot of not being able to put it down and not wanting it to be over, too. Then when it actually is over, you find yourself praying for a sequel. Feels Like Falling is a book I can see myself picking up every summer just to relish in the loss, love, and power of friendship over and over again.
Annette
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2019
This started out just being about Gray and life after a divorce. It turned into something so much more!
I loved the characters, they were fun and fresh! I really enjoyed the story and definitely recommend!
Thanks to Netgalley and the author for the early copy
Kelly
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Kristy Woodson Harvey delivers another great book. This is a story of two women who form a close friendship as they try to rebuild their lives. She really knows how to draw you into the story. The book has all the feels. It is funny at times , sad at times and also has little romance with a happy ending. This is one of my favorite authors and I cant to read her next book. ...more
Tammy
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this heart-endearing story! ♥
ROBIN RUIZ
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gray and Diana
Total opposites
Gray seems to have it all
Diana seems to not have anything
That could not be further from the truth
Whether they know it or not, these two need each other !
Such a great story of friendship, second chances, getting through lifes ups and downs and becoming the best person you could be !
I laughed and cried and wanted to move in with these ladies .
I loved this book , Kristy Woodson Harvey has such a way with words and emotions and I think this is her best book yet!

Brittany
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I discovered Kristy Woodson Harvey! I absolutely love her writing and her ability to tell such wonderful stories. Feels Like Falling is a touching summer story that takes place in the lovely coastal Carolina. From themes of family, friendships, hardships, and the one that got away, this book has it all! Feels Like Falling shows life through two very different lenses and perspectives, but in the end the pursuit of happiness is all that really matters.
Erin Kavanagh
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of an unlikely pair, two women from different walks of life that form an unbreakable bond. I would recommend this book without hesitation to anyone. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the ARC, and this is my honest review.
Vonda
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
A fast flowing story about friendship with people who have vastly different lives and second chances. Quite an interesting read.
Dkbbookgirl
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book everyone will want in their beach bag!! Releasing May of 2020- preorder now!!
Up All Night Book Addict
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, read-2020
Harvey's writing just gets better and better. I have read each one of her books, and this one is most certainly my favorite so far. I didn't want to put it down.

This book is full of great, well-developed, fun characters. The connection and friendships that develop in this book made this book everything that it is. Family isn't just blood. This book is a strong testament to that.

This book had me smiling, frowning, and almost in tears. I was so back and forth with my emotions. The story is told
Lori Boyd
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 Stars!

I am so in the mood for Summer and nothing says Summer better than this newest read by Kristy Woodson Harvey. After reading so many thrillers, I was in the mood for something lighter. This fit the bill perfectly. Wonderful characters, friendship, romance and, of course, a little drama. This book just flows easily from one character to another seamlessly. Due out on 4/28, it will be the perfect start to your summer reading.

Gray, 34, lady boss, rich, separated. Diana, 40, down on her
Christine Moore
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Gray's husband just left her for a younger woman. She owns her company and her husband is trying to that as well. Diana is fired from her job and had just left her loser boyfriend so now she is homeless and jobless. Gray helps Diana with a job and a place to live and they become friends. Each woman's life is completely different from the other but they are strong women and have so much more in common than they know. I really enjoyed this book of friendship, new beginnings, and love. I received ...more
Lizy
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Note: I received this ARC when I met Kristy Woodson Harvey at SIBA this year in one of the tradeshow events I attended as an indy bookseller.

Y'all, listen. I have been in love with Kristy's books since the Peachtree Bluff series, but Feels Like Falling still absolutely blew me away. The book essentially has two separate unconventional romances, as told through the two female protagonists. There's Gray, a 35 year old divorcee having a summer fling with a tennis pro nearly ten years younger than
Elaine - Small Farm Big Life
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: women-s-lit
I'm a big fan of Kristy Woodson Harvey and this book did not disappoint! I liked the characters and found myself rooting for them as the book went along. I looked forward to picking this book up and had a hard time putting it down.

This book will be perfect for a summer beach read! I highly recommend you add Feels Like Falling to your TBR list.
B e t w e e n S h a d e s of B o o k s

Thank you very much to Bianca at Gallery Books for sending me an advance reading copy
in exchange for an honest review.

I thought that this book was a pretty emotional but cute tale. The summary doesnt fit the cover though, so do not think that this novel is a funny cute chick lit book, because it aint. The themes of the story are really important and the characters seem like a fun novel, but it in fact is relatable to many people.
Bonnie
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Kristy Woodson Harvey does a great job of drawing in the readers in her southern fiction. This reader couldn't help but feel for the characters in this book, and it felt like I was there with them. It conveys that one can create their family despite different backgrounds with people you meet that you wouldn't expect to become family or friends. This book was engaging, entertaining, and funny at times. It's a very enjoyable read. Thank you NetGalley and Gallery Books for the ARC.
Daphney
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really love all of Kristy Woodson Havey's novels. It was going to be hard to follow the Peachtree Bluff series, but Feels Like Falling measured up. She does a great job with her characters. I love all of them. This is a great, easy read. I'm looking forward to her next story. Thank you to Netgalley for letting me read an early copy.
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to @netgalley for the ARC of #feelslikefalling by @kristywharvey to be published April 28, 2020. Oh my gosh. I adore all of Kristys booksI stay up way too late reading them and this was no exception. She writes about hard subjects with such warmth and laughter. I love all her characters and sisterly like bond between Diana and Gray are the best. Put this on your spring list for sure! ...more
Gail Herrmann
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An easy and engaging story of friendship! I laughed and I cried and loved these two characters. A great story of friendship. Thanks to Net Galley and the publisher for the opportunity to read an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
Laurice
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kristy Woodson Harvey is a go-to author for me so I was excited to get to read FEELS LIKE FALLING. I knew I could count on it to be heartwarming and real and I was definitely not disappointed. Great characters that made me care about them and a great ending. Loved it!
Paula Pugh
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely book about the turns life can take when you step out of your comfort zone to truly live it. I look forward to reading more of Ms. Woodson Harvey books!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Please See Us
  • The Book of Lost Friends
  • Keep Me Afloat
  • Code Name Hélène

Kristy Woodson Harvey is the bestselling author of DEAR CAROLINA, LIES AND OTHER ACTS OF LOVE, SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF SIMPLE, THE SECRET TO SOUTHERN CHARM and THE SOUTHERN SIDE OF PARADISE. Kristy is the winner of the Lucy Bramlette Patterson Award for Excellence in Creative Writing, a finalist for the Southern Book Prize, her work has been optioned for film and her books have received numerous