Start by marking “9 Willow Street” as Want to Read:
9 Willow Street

9 Willow Street

Heartbroken after the death of his beloved Nana, Hannes, the family outsider, finally allows himself to grieve. The legal battle over Nana’s quirky old house -- the only place he’s ever felt accepted and loved -- is over, and he moves in and finds a sense of peace.

... And a rabbit.

An adorable bunny with a huge personality moves in, too, and refuses to leave. Hannes ins
Published July 6th 2019 by JMS Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about 9 Willow Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 9 Willow Street

Start your review of 9 Willow Street
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Hearts - Co-Review with Ann!

Literally, the blurb says it all. Hannes is grieving his great grandmother, and when he finally moves into the house she left him, he slowly heals with the companionship of a wayward rabbit. Though Hannes knows his little friend is very very special, he never imagines just how much.

Cue the most adorable rabbit antics ever that turn into equally adorable MC characteristics once Mattis shifts back into his human form. As Hannes gets over his shock, how he and Mattis
Len Evans Jr
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RTC
Kirstin
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful.

This charming little tale (pun intended) came out of nowhere and hit me hard in the sweet tooth. There wasn't a thing I didn't love about it.

When Hannes' grandmother died, he was bereft. Instead of mourning her loss, his family waged war because she left her house to him. He was the youngest of the family, the only one who wasn't a 'real' doctor. A year after her death, he finally moves into her house and finds a cute little bunny with black ears in his kitchen. He and the bunny get a
Tam
Shelves: m-m, other-shifters
I'm always a fan other unusual shifters and an adorable cuddle bunny (literally) was a great read. It's pretty light and fluffy (ha!) and not all that angsty. Hannes finally gets possession of his Great-Grandmother's house left to him in her will over a year ago (family rebellion) and while he's cleaning a bunny hops in and refuses to leave. But just hanging out with the bunny and having a friend is helping Hannes deal with the loss, although once he finds out who/what Mio/Mattis is, it gets a b ...more
Ann
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Hearts

So. Much. FLUFF.

Super cute tale of a man and his bun.

Buddy review with *A Reader Obsessed*!

Full review on the blog on 11/27 and then here!

**a copy of this story was provided for an honest review**
Becca
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good story for me for several different reasons. It reminded me of my nana and the relationship we had before she died and because we have a bunny. And he acts a lot like Mio lol. So this was very special to me. Brought up a lot of happy memories of gardens and canning and cooking and just being. And now happy memories of the bun bun.
Hannes has been through hell. Not only has he lost the best friend he had in his Nana but everyone had to act like asses when she willed him the hou
Joyfully Jay
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

9 Willow Street by Nell Iris is a short novella chocked full of sweet romance. With two main characters who both are finding it difficult to be happy with life, the story became incredibly hopeful despite its sorrowful beginning. This is a great take on the paranormal genre and even though you catch on pretty quickly as to what is really going on, it still retains its magical overtones throughout the entire book.

I really felt for Hannes. His parents were harsh, aloo
Meagan Houle
May 27, 2020 rated it liked it
If you are looking for an uplifting and sweet romance to get lost in for an hour or two, this one is just what you need. It's a quick, easy read, with fun characters and an intriguing shape-shifting premise to keep things from feeling too conventional. The editing is a bit clumsy in places, but not to a level I'd consider a dealbreaker. Go for it!
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4.5 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3

Such a sweet and cuddly story!!

Aww, I loved this story. Its the perfect feel-good, heartwarming story, complete with a fussy bunny and true mates. Hannes has lost his great-grandmother and best friend and is still grieving when an adorable bunny insinuates itself in his home and life. To Hannes’ utter shock the bunny turns out to be a man! Their connection started as Bunny and Human and has now grown to more as they find out they are each other’s heartbond.

The stor
Marge
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely, sweet story.
Heather
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those stories that just kind of sneaks up on you. I imagine in the publishing world just about every animal has been told in shifter stories but I can honestly say I have never read a rabbit shifter tale. 9 Willow Street is a fun, romantic, and sexy quick read. By "quick" I don't mean it lacks substance, because this newest Nell Iris novella may be shorter than most shifter tales it is certainly not lacking in story.

One thing I want to point out that I loved was that Hannes is mis
ButtonsMom2003
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog
A very sweet story with some heat at the end.

Nell Iris is one of my favorite authors of MM short stories. 9 Willow Street is longer, a short novella, but just as good as her short stories. Read the blurb because it's good and tells you what you need to know about the story.

I loved how sweet this story was; who doesn't like snuggly bunnies? When Hannes returns to the house he inherited from his Nana he is surprised to find a cute little bunny inside. The rabbit seems perfectly content to stay in
Jules Lovestoread
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I typically love Iris's work; she has short and sweet down to a science. But, unfortunately, this one fell a little flat for me. :/ It's cute. And, it's definitely sweet (a bit too sweet, IMO, but more on that later). But, I think it was the 'short' that perhaps kept me from enjoying it more.
Full review coming to www.thenovelapproachreviews.com
Lillian Francis
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet bunny shifter tale.
Little to no angst.
Short read (just over an hour)
Isa Tis
Sep 21, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5*

Une petite nouvelle toute fluffy et mignonne à l'image du petit lapinou de la couverture.
Le début m'a enchanté avec un héros qui retourne dans la maison de son arrière grand-mère dont il a hérité. Et une petite boule de poils lui réservera un accueil charmant.

J'aime bien les écrits de Nell Iris, ses histoires courtes sont toujours un plaisir à lire. Je me suis plongée dans ce livre car j'avais envie de douceur et une fois de plus, et bien je n'ai pas lu le résumé... Du coup, je ne m'attendai
Colleen Collins
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new author to me but so worth the read , sweet n fluffy had me hooked after the first 5 pages, never read a bunny shifter story loved need more please
Bookbee
Can I just say... it freaks me out just how much the cover model resembles my niece's significant other!!! Man-bun and all. :)
Ro
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Poor Hannes. His very beloved great-grandmother died suddenly (at age 109) and not only did he lose the only family member who supported and really loved him, but he had to fight his relatives for the house she left him. The will was contested and thirteen months spent bitterly fighting before Hannes was allowed to move into his inheritance. Which he did with such grief it poured off the pages. “I couldn’t even cry on the one-year anniversary of her death last month, but here, in her garden, I f ...more
Anne Barwell
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, m-m
I loved this story for so many reasons. Hannes’ memories of his nana and their relationship paint a picture of a very strong willed lady and a wonderful friendship between the two of them.

I liked Hannes and how he’s so different to the rest of his family who didn’t impress me much with their priorities and the way they treat him. Mio is such a cute bunny, and I liked him as Mattis—his human form too ;) I really liked Hannes’ reaction when he discovers his rabbit is really a shifter, and thought
Kristin
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet, romantic, short story. Blurb summarizes the plot so I won’t rehash.

I enjoyed the connection Hannes had to his late Nana, his grandmother, through the house and garden. I could empathize with his sadness and frustration.

Enter an endearing black and white bunny named Mattis. Mattis is struggling with family expectations and found refuge with Hannes.

I enjoyed the slow attraction between Mattis and Hannes. The comfort each was able to offer the other and ultimately, standing up fo
Dixiecowgirl
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful story that will warm your heart and has all the feels. This is a wonderful short story that touches on so many emotions from grief, hopelessness, loneliness, hopefulness, happiness and so much more. I love the writing and flow of this story, the story-line pulled me in from the first page and i was happily reading cover to cover.

Hannes and Mattis will win your heart. So many special moments of communication, cuddling, passion and love that your heart will be full and satisfied when y
R
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hannes finally moves into to his Nana’s (great grandmother) house. When she passed away his family was outraged that she left him her house. When he finally was able to make it his, it came with a sweet little black and white rabbit.

Mattes has scampered away from home. Not ready to be forced into a marriage he doesn’t want. Hannes’s cozy cottage is a perfectly fine place to hide and it comes with an adorable man.

When Hannes discovers that Mattes is a rabbit shifter, he’s happy to have the compa
Kristina
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story was so stinkin’ cute! I have read a few of Nell’s books over the past few months and I think this might just be my favorite one.

Hannes was a wonderful character who had so much inner strength; I was so impressed with what he went through in order to keep his beloved grandmother’s house. His family was horrible and greedy and needed to be smacked over the head several hundred times…each.

Mattis was adorable; it didn’t matter if he was in bunny form or human. He was so affectionate and
Ayla
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, shifter

This was an unexpected delight! I have never read a shifter book that wasn’t about wolf shifters and I tried this one out on a whim and am so glad I did.

This was super sweet and Hannes and Mattis worked for me. The book is on the shorter side, so we didn’t get a ton of time to really explore these guys but we got just enough. I love how Mattis was when he was a bunny and how those bunny characteristics showed through to when he was a person. It made him that much more endearing. Great
Lisa
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short cute book featuring a bit of an outcast and a rabbit shifter. Only have read 1 book before which featured a rabbit.
Loved how the MC fell for Mattis, even in his rabbit form as Mio.
A pleasant way to while away an hour or so.
Amy Tasukada
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nell always writes the cutest stories even though they are short they are full on emotional impact. I always know my dark heart will melt with each of her books and this adorable bunny story was no different.
Amy Aislin
Super adorable! As always, Nell Iris manages to pack so much emotion with so few words. I just love her writing!

And bunny shifters? What's not to love.
Andrea
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Great premise but the book just didn't work for me.
Silverluna
Nov 15, 2020
Dee
Aug 06, 2019

• Abstract Love
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Romance on Main Street
  • Howls of Passion
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Pieces of Me (Missing Pieces, #2)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Hometown Christmas
  • How to Run with the Wolves (Howl at the Moon #5)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Poetry in Motion
  • Love in 24 Frames
  • Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency #1)
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Catherine House
Nell Iris is a romantic at heart who believes everyone deserves a happy ending. She’s a bona fide bookworm (learned to read long before she started school), wouldn’t dream of going anywhere without something to read (not even the ladies room), loves music (and singing along at the top of her voice but she’s no Celine Dion), and is a real Star Trek nerd (Make it so). She loves words, bullet journal ...more

News & Interviews