Start by marking “The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)

The Inheritance Games

(The Inheritance Games #1)

A Cinderella story with deadly stakes and thrilling twists, perfect for fans of One of Us is Lying and Knives Out.

Avery Grambs has a plan for a better future: survive high school, win a scholarship, and get out. But her fortunes change in an instant when billionaire Tobias Hawthorne dies and leaves Avery virtually his entire fortune. The catch? Avery has no idea why--or e
Published September 1st 2020 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Start your review of The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Hmmm....

Not quite there but nevertheless still interested to read the sequel.

3 STARS

__

OMFG THIS BADASS COVER!!!!??

Cinderella meets Knives Out

BRUH GIMMIE!!
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
Fact: if you compare a book to Knives Out, I'm going to want to read that motherfucker.

ALL THE GIMMIE
Ceecee
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Avery Grambs life has taken a downward turn since her mother died. However, one day she is summoned to a will reading of mega rich Tobias Hawthorne where to her shock she discovers he has left his billions to her, blindsiding the family vultures, the only string attached is that she has to live at Hawthorne House for a year. Not only is this a puzzle of huge magnitude she learns from his Tobias four grandsons (Nash, Grayson, Jameson and Alexander) that he loved riddles and puzzles which are pres ...more
Gabby
This was just alright for me. Maybe it's because I'm not super into young adult anymore, but I don't know I expected to love this book because of the comparison to Knives Out. This book was fine, the first 100 pages or so was exciting but after that I started to lose interest, and I could've done without the love triangle. I also didn't realize this book is the first in a series and was disappointed by a cliffhanger ending.
Sara
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truth be told, i had never heard of this book or its author before seeing it on Netgalley. The blurb is what got me and thank goodness i requested it because i thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.

The premise is greatly entertaining, so much so that I read this book in pretty much one sitting. An eccentric billionaire dies, and leaves Avery almost his entire fortune. We follow her as she tries to navigate the Hawthorne family and work out why exactly she was bequeathed so much money.

I'm really
Dannii Elle
"To receive her inheritance, Avery must move into sprawling, secret passage-filled Hawthorne House, where every room bears the old man's touch--and his love of puzzles, riddles, and codes."

This premise had so much potential and, spoiler alert, it totally lived up to it!

After her mother's death Avery has resided with her step-sister and her on-again-off-again manipulative boyfriend. The struggle just to survive is a daily one, but things may be set to change when they discover that Avery has been
Ashley
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-sept
Star Rating: —> 4.5 Stars

Omg i loved this SO MUCH! Unexpectedly, nonetheless! I mean i knew i’d like it, but it was sooo much better than I ever could’ve expected! It does remind me a lot of Truly, Devious in a bunch of ways, but the writing style of this was far more to my liking !

Especially for fans of truly, devious by maureen johnson, mysterious new inheritances, puzzles, problem solving, riddles, life or death stakes, moving in with hotties that you may or may not be able to trust...with yo
anna ✩
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-books
5 stars!

I picked this up on a whim because I saw that everyone was talking about it but I am SO glad that I did because I ended up absolutely loving it.

The Inheritance Games follows Avery Grambs as she discovers that she has inherited billions of dollars from a man she has never met and is now being forced to live with a family that doesn't want her there. And then the games begin - a quest to find out why Avery was the chosen one for the money and to try and uncover the old man's last game.

Th
Marzuqa
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I need book two NOW!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
This just might be one of my all time favorites from this author, but then again, almost everything she writes is. Full review to come!
demi. ♡
Sep 04, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I see the name 'Knives Out,' I click the 'Want to Read' button. It's that simple. 😂
Shauni
This book was intriguing, though I kept hoping for more. I'm glad I stuck through to the end, as the ending was quite surprising. I'm curious how the sequel will wrap things up.
Morgan Boyd
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book. I have been in a two-month-long reading slump, but I devoured this book. Normally a lack of romance is something that turns me away from a book, however, I found the extreme slow-burn/love-traingle? made me that much more invested. The ending had my mouth on the FLOOR. I need book two NOW.
Isabel • The Crime Bookshelf
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS.

This was one of my most anticipated 2020 YA thriller releases + it did not disappoint! If you guys love super fun mysteries that’ll have you guessing until the very end, you definitely need to check this one out 🙌🏼⁣

As soon as I started reading this book I was hooked. I absolutely loved the premise of this story from the very beginning + I couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen. This story is about a young girl who finds out she’s inherited billions of dollars from a man she do
Whispering Stories
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Teenager Avery Grambs has been living with her older half-sister Libby since her mum died, that was until she stormed out and decided she would rather sleep in her car than put up with her sister’s obnoxious on-off boyfriend Drake.

One day she receives an invitation to the will reading of Billionaire Tobias Hawthorne, whom she has never heard off before but has been left something, she doesn’t have a clue what and being underage her sister has to attend t
Hollis
If you've read a book by this author before, you will absolutely feel at home picking this one up. Barnes has a style that feels very familiar even if her plots vary. At first, though, I'll admit this gave me a bit more than just a familiar vibe with the 'girl uprooted and thrown into wealthy family dynamic' concept which we saw in both the the Fixer and the Debutantes series but shortly after the introduction of said trope it this diverges into it's own story, just like the other books did. Plu ...more
hayaat ♥
Jan 08, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i- just give me the book. pls. put me out of my misery 😭

***

honestly didn’t even need the synopsis — i see jennifer lynn barnes, i add it
Navessa
Aug 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Cinderella meets Knives Out is the mashup I never knew I needed this badly.
Dahlia
Apr 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
In five words: Could. Not. Put. That. Down.

(ARC provided by publisher)
Jules ✨
I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

I had the highest of hopes for this book after adoring her Debutantes duet, and yes, it was absolutely dramatic, absolutely extra and absolutely over the top. And I loved every second of it.

RTC!
Emma
Oct 01, 2020 marked it as to-read
I didn't care for One of Us Is Lying, but Knives Out is one of my favorite movies, so I feel obligated to add this to my TBR.
Aly
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ooh I've been waiting for months for this book and it did not disappoint! There are a ton of puzzles and mysteries and questions I need answered, stat!

Avery is just a regular teenager trying to make it through high school so she can stop living in her car and go on to better things. Out of nowhere, she's summoned to Texas, where she learns she's inherited billions of dollars from a man she never knew. Cue chaos. Avery is a fun character, she's doing her best to figure out her new situation and g
Kate (GirlReading)
4.5* THIS WAS SO GREAT.

I can’t remember the last time I flew through a book quite so quickly. Nor can I remember the last time I said ‘just one more chapter’ quite so often.

This was fast paced, utterly addictive and pure entertainment. I was kept on my toes from the first page until the last and loved every moment of it. And that ending... THAT ENDING.

I’m definitely going to feel every second of the wait for book two, that’s for sure.
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)

What would you do if a stranger died and left you most of his wealth, which amounted to billions? The one catch being, you would have to live in his family home for one year with his family who believes you are a gold digger.

I discovered The Inheritance Game through The Pigeonhole Book Club and on reading the blurb I thought why not give this a try? I knew noth
sam ☆
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-read
what would you do if some random person included you in their will and left you literally everything?

Even though this was one of my anticipated releases for the year, I wasn’t actually planning on reading it till next month or something. But i’m really glad I picked it up cause oh my god this was such a good read.

my review for this book will be up either in a few days or by tomorrow :)
Iulia
Sep 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2020
If the blurb catches your eye, I'd say go for it! The Inheritance Games delivered exactly what I expected it to: a light, fun, fast-paced read, and with just the right amount of intrigue. I will say, I foresaw the 'twist' from the very beginning, but I didn't mind as much because I was more interested in other aspects of the story. Eccentric billionaires, mysterious rich boys, and surprise inheritances rank high on my list of sort-of-guilty book hooks. I have read another book by this author, al ...more
Shannon
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you The Write Reads On Tour and Penguin Random House!

Read this review and other book reviews on my blog.

Have you ever read a first book in the series with genre outside your cup of tea but that book was so amazing it blew your mind away until you can’t think of anything else but the need to read the sequel of the spectacular, jaw-dropping story?

That’s how I feel about The Inheritance Games.

The first time I stumbled upon this book is when I was browsing through NetGalley. I’ll be honest and
Oyinda
Title: The Inheritance Games
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Narrator: Christie Moreau
Rating: 5

Immediately I saw the cover while browsing for audiobooks, I was soooo interested in this book. I looked it up on GR, and when I saw the blurb, I knew I had to read it immediately! CINDERELLA AND KNIVES OUT?! Sign me up! I finished the book I was reading, and flung my monthly TBR out of the window. I was done within 6-7 hours, and I was really glad I picked this up. It was soooo enjoyable and I loved every
Hailee
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
this pleasantly surprised me lol i really enjoyed it!! i love mystery/puzzle books like this and it was very immersive. it reminds me of the westing game (which i loved growing up) and knives out (which i also love and now want to rewatch again lol). i need some more hawthorne brothers content and after that ending i can’t wait for the second book!
Preethi
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-physical, mystery
More like Knives Out meets Cinderella and Four Knights lol, but also dang that was better than I expected it to be. 👀
SOS: Serious Over...: [Oct 2020] "Inheritance Games" Discussion 2 9 Oct 01, 2020 01:55PM

• Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Rodham
  • Open Book
  • A Long Petal of the Sea
  • The Victoria in My Head
  • Things That Make White People Uncomfortable (Adapted for Young Adults)
  • No Ivy League
  • Home Before Dark
  • Admission
  • Mike
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • I Know You Remember
  • The Revolution of Birdie Randolph
  • Thornhill
  • Broken Harbor (Dublin Murder Squad, #4)
  • The Guest List
  • How We Got To Today
  • The Beast and the Bethany
Jennifer Lynn Barnes (who mostly goes by Jen) was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She has been, in turn, a competitive cheerleader, a volleyball player, a dancer, a debutante, a primate cognition researcher, a teen model, a comic book geek, and a lemur aficionado. She's been writing for as long as she can remember, finished her first full book (which she now refers to as a "practice book" and which none ...more

The Inheritance Games (2 books)
  • Untitled (The Inheritance Games, #2)