Start by marking “Sunrise on Half Moon Bay” as Want to Read:
Sunrise on Half Moon Bay

Sunrise on Half Moon Bay

Sometimes the happiness we’re looking for has been there all along…

Adele and Justine have never been close. Born twenty years apart, Justine was already an adult when Addie was born. The sisters love each other but they don’t really know each other.

When Addie dropped out of university to care for their ailing parents, Justine, a successful lawyer, covered the expenses. It
Published April 14th 2020 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Sunrise on Half Moon Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunrise on Half Moon Bay

Start your review of Sunrise on Half Moon Bay
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: For Adele and Justine, the twenty year age difference was just the beginning. They had never really lived in the same house. Justine was in college when Adele was born. Elaine had been in her forties when surprised by a second pregnancy. Then, probably because of her age and experience, Elaine made Adele the centre of her universe in a way Justine had never been. Adele had been dreadfully spoiled, her parents doting on her every moment.

It wasn't as though Justine had been pushed to one
Jonetta
Adele (Addie) Descaros is 32-years old and spent the last eight years caring for her ailing parents. She was selfless in her commitment, even though it came at a time when she was at her own life crossroad. Now that they’re both gone, it’s “now what?” Her sister, Justine, is twenty years older, married with two teenage daughters and is the breadwinner in her household, managing a successful career as a high-powered attorney for a tech company. Justine is now in crisis as her company is facing a ...more
Carrie
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Sunrise on Half Moon Bay is the latest contemporary romance from well known author Robyn Carr. This latest book focuses mainly on the lives of two sisters changing the point of view between them but also has a couple of instances it switches to other secondary characters for a deeper prospective of their involvement.

Adele and Justine were never very close as sisters since there is twenty years between their ages but they have always kept in touch despite the difference. Justine who is the older
Mackey
I admit that I joined the Robyn Carr fan party late having only just started reading her this year, but I’m so glad that I discovered her writing at last! Like many, I started watching the Virgin River series and then went back to read the books. Now I’m branching out to her other collections and, wow, there are many! Sunrise on Half Moon Bay is Carr’s latest book published this month and it is fantastic. I stopped reading one of her other books so that I could read this one because I love the a ...more
Amy
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even tell you how much comfort Robyn Carr’s books have brought to me lately, I’ve been listening to the Virgin River series and am obsessed with it and was thrilled that she also had this new release as well. She’s the queen of writing authentic and relatable characters who you fully support and adore but she also always infuses her stories with other characters that aren’t as likable but they’re messy, flawed individuals who just seem so very real. Throw in a deeply emotional read, roma ...more
"Avonna
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

SUNRISE ON HALF MOON BAY by Robyn Carr is her new Women’s fiction novel set in a small California coastal town featuring two sisters who are about to deal with life changing transitions. This story is full of love, empathy, strength and pain as the two sister’s lives change.

Justine and Adele have led very different lives. They are twenty years apart in age and even though they like each other, they are not close.

Justine is a succe
♥Rachel♥
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though they are sisters, Adele and Justine they are twenty-years apart, and haven’t really been close. However, now they’re both at a crossroads in their life. Adele, the younger of the two had put her life on hold to care for her ailing parents, but now that they’re both gone, she’s not sure what to do next. Add to that is her feelings for her best friend Jake: friend or more? Justine’s marriage of twenty-eight years is over after her husband is caught cheating. Even though they hadn’t bee ...more
Ange H
May 10, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Two disappointed stars for my second Robyn Carr books after the first one was so entertaining - this seems like it was written by a different and much less talented person. There was very little to recommend this book: shallow, unrealistic characters, ridiculous dialogue, slow as molasses plot, and no real dramatic tension.

But the cardinal sin to me: endless, endless repetition. I frequently shouted at the audiobook, "Oh for the good love of the Lord, Adele is NOT going to explain for the 400th
Zoe
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Absorbing take about life, love, marriage, and the dynamics between sisters.
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Carr is a queen of contemporary romances. This one had romance, drama and dysfunction. All the makings for a good read. I love stories about sisters and how this one turned out was a happy one in my opinion.
I really loved the happy ever after. So glad I picked up a copy of this while out getting my groceries.
Bethany
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sunrise on Half Moon Bay is a small-town story about family, heartbreak, and love, delivered in Robyn Carr's signature style. I found it to be engaging and cozy, with some really thoughtful and touching passages about long-term relationships and the kind of love that lasts.

Adele and Justine are sisters with a distant relationship, partly because they were born 20 years apart. Justine has been juggling a corporate law career and a family with two teen girls. Meanwhile, Adele has spent the past 8
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 3.5 STARS
2020; Mira/Harlequin

Sisters, Adele and Justine are twenty years apart and have never really been close. Justine was starting a family around the time her sister was still a child. She has a great marriage and two beautiful teen daughters. She was able to go to law school, and have a well-paying job, as her husband stays home to care for the girls. Justine is also taking care of her sister financially, so that Adele can be their parents caregiver. After the death of her mother, A
Sherri Thacker
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
2 sisters having to start over. This book grabbed me from the beginning and was a quick read. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this early release in exchange for my honest review. To be published April 14, 2020.
Tina
I had forgotten I had put this audiobook on hold at the library until I was informed it was was ready for download. I did not enjoy the last book by this author The View from Alameda Island but figured it was a fluke because I have read a lot of her backlist and have really enjoyed her brand of romance-crossing-over-into-women's-fiction.

But I have to admit, this is the second clunker in a row and for the very same reason I disliked the last one.

There are some major similarities between this one
Carolyn
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: carr-robyn
As a former caregiver for my mom (17 years care with no help while working a full-time night job), this book really resonated with me personally. While you are engrossed in it, you don't truly recognize the extreme toll it takes until it ends. In my case, it was my mom's unexpected death. There are so many things you realize and experience when it all stops that you are totally unaware of when you are in the throes of the process of care and survival. This book captures a lot of the aftermath so ...more
Robin Loves Reading
This is a book about sisters. Separated by twenty years they are not close, but their circumstances have turned upside down and now they are both starting over. Will the time they spend together bring together a bond they might have thought never to happen?

Adele has always done the responsible thing for their parents, caring for them despite the worries that came with it, even leaving college and giving up her master's degree when they fel ill. Although so much younger than Justine, Adele proved
Lynn Cahoon
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this sister story. Finding who you are after a big change of life takes being honest with others and yourself. I really related to the older sister who had a plan for her life that was blown up by her husband. I liked how finding love was a smaller subplot than finding yourself for both of the women.
Siobhan
Apr 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I’ve read a few Robyn Carr books, and have enjoyed them. As much as I enjoy them, I find I enjoy the author’s series more than I enjoy the standalones. Nevertheless, I’m always willing to read more of the author’s work.

With Sunrise on Half Moon Bay, we have another enjoyable read. Although not a favourite, the more I read the more I enjoyed. At first, I was unsure about the characters and the story. It didn’t quite grip me in the way the author’s books usually do. However, once the story got goi
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This book was so much more than I expected. Adele (Addie) and Justine are sisters, but because they are 20 years apart, don't really have much of a relationship. Justine is busy living her life with her family and working to support them all. Addie lives in the family home about 40 minutes away, not sure what is next for her. She has spent the last 8 years of her life as a caregiver, first assisting her mother take care of her dad, then her mother after suffering a stroke shortly after her fathe ...more
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
As a big Robyn Carr fan, it pains me to write this review, but I disliked SUNRISE ON HALF MOON BAY so much, I was a breath away from throwing the book across the room at points. I’ve read upwards of 30 RC novels previously, and none of them have hit such a sour note.

The story follows two sisters, separate in age by 20 years, as they both deal with family and personal crises. The only reason I gave this book two stars, instead of the one it probably deserves, is because I genuinely enjoyed Justin
Elaine
This story was very different – in a good way – to what I was expecting after reading the blurb. It is a story of families, friendships, betrayal, infidelity, second chances and self-discovery, all skilfully interwoven into a story with characters who you soon feel you know and can relate to. Adele (Addie) and her older sister Justine don’t really know each other very well as there’s an age gap of twenty years, they’ve never lived together and aren’t that great at sharing their thoughts and feel ...more
Tiffany PSquared
The title speaks to a new beginning and that's what this book is all about - making lemonade out of life's bitter lemons.
Addie is figuring out a new path after spending years being her parents' primary caregiver. And her sister, Justine, is coping with major adjustments in her marriage. It seems that Half Moon Bay may hold the answers that they both need.

Though it tackles tough subject matter, readers who've experience similar life changes as Addie and Justine face will find comfort and encourag
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This was my first book by Robyn Carr. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect but I ended up really enjoying this story!

This was a very quick read and I really enjoyed the character and plot development. The main characters (Adele and Justine) are sisters who were never very close but I loved reading how their relationship blossomed. I will definitely be reading more of Robyn Carr's book after this one!

~Brianne💜
Sarah {The Bookish Knitter}
4 Stars

Review coming soon...
Myrna
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another excellent story by Robyn Carr. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. 4.5★s!
Kathrynn
I was unable to finish this book because a) the writing was not polished, and b) the characters hit my too-stupid-to-live meter. The first chapters of the book used Justine and Adele's names so much I had a headache. The book jumped around too much, too. One minute present, then flashback after flashback. Some writing was a repeating flashback that should have been edited out. At some points, I think the character names were in the wrong place, too.

This was not Robyn Carr quality and I will be
Priyanka
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sunrise on Half Moon Bay is the latest book by Robyn Carr. Having enjoyed her Sullivan's Crossing, I was really looking forward to this book when I received it for review and it didn't disappoint me.

This book follows the two sisters, Adele and Justine, and their journey after the universe throws curveballs at them. The book has both Adele and Justine's point of views. Both sisters aren't so close being twenty years apart.

Adele has been taking care of her parents when they fell sick and she came
Christine
Apr 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Plot
Justine and Adele are two sisters each going through their own upheavals. They’re twenty years apart in age, have never been really close, and yet find themselves leaning on each other more than ever.

I did enjoy the plot on this one, even if I felt it was a little shallow in some spots. I really loved the idea of two women growing stronger in the face of change and consequences outside of their control. My only issue was that it did seem like some things were glossed over a bit.

Characters
I f
Marlene
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

Sunrise on Half Moon Bay is an absolute heartbreaker of a story that leads its heroines through some very dark places. But when they emerge on the other side, they are all made stronger by the journey. And they beautifully earn their peace, their joy, and their happy ever afters.

Even if – or perhaps especially because those HEAs are not dependent on the men in their lives. But rather on their love for each other as sisters, daughters, aunt and nieces. The w
Thelma
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What did I just read? what an AMAZING book! I haven't enjoyed a book this much for such a long time since the first words of the first pages I was completely hooked, the characters the story everything was just so fabulous. it made me smile, laugh, cry and hope it is a book that will leave you with so much and will keep you happy.

Sunrise on half moon bay also has so many beautiful scenarios from around California my favorite place in the whole world .. Home!! so what could I asked more.

The story

• A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
  • Little Secrets
  • The Other Mrs. Miller
  • The Perfect Dress
  • Locke & Key: Omega #1
  • Code Name Hélène
  • The Socialite
  • Please See Us
  • The Water Keeper (Murphy Shepherd #1)
  • Natural Born Trouble (And Baby Makes Three: The Next Generation, #2)
  • Secrets of Southern Girls
  • One Last Child (Tallman's Valley Detectives, #1)
  • Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
  • Take It Back
  • The Littlest Angel (And Baby Makes Three: The Next Generation, #1)
  • Flame (Dark Kings #17)
  • Envious
  • A Sweet Mess
See top shelves…
Robyn Carr is a RITA® Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The fourth novel, THE BEST OF US, in her fan-favorite Sullivan's Crossing Series was released in Jan. 2019. Robyn's new women's fiction novel THE VIEW FROM ALAMEDA ISLAND, released in April 2019, deputed on four bestseller lists: The ...more