Start by marking “Shut Up and Dance With Me (Oceanic Dreams #7)” as Want to Read:
Shut Up and Dance With Me (Oceanic Dreams #7)

Shut Up and Dance With Me

(Oceanic Dreams #7)

Forgiveness is hard but fighting  their attraction is even harder.

As they set sail for madness and mayhem aboard Oceanic Aphrodite, up-tight fashion buyer, Sandy and sexy Italian restaurateur, Danny are onboard solely to stand up as witnesses to their friends second marriage.

Unfortunately, the maid of honour and best man can only agree on two things - this wedding

Published August 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Shut Up and Dance With Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shut Up and Dance With Me

Start your review of Shut Up and Dance With Me (Oceanic Dreams #7)
Heather W
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shut Up and Dance With Me: is the seventh book in the Oceanic Dreams series. This short romantic comedy has great characters in Danny and Sandy, two former friends forced to choose sides in a couple's divorce but then meet again when the same couple gets remarried. The storyline is well written, with humour, mishaps, and romance aboard a cruise ship. I really enjoyed this story.

2.5 stars.

Surprisingly enjoyable and cute. Clean, safe, and easy to read.
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Will Sandy give into the chemistry between her and Danny?
Shut Up and Dance With Me by Monique McDonell is a brilliant romance between friends who are thrown together again to witness their besties second wedding. This story is so much more, and it has such a fabulous ending.
Sandy
Sandy is our female lead. She is an only on the Oceanic Aphrodite for her best fr
LMR
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Monique McDonell & Booksprout!
Shut Up and Dance With Me (Oceanic Dreams Book 7) by Monique McDonell Shut Up and Dance With Me: (Oceanic Dreams Book 7) By: Monique McDonell
I Don't hate You At ALL... Now, "Shut Up and Dance With Me" Until I Fall!
ONCE Upon A Time... They were Friends!
And then the DIVORCE forced them to Divvy UP th Friends,
And EACH had to pick a Side...
Where THAT leave them when the Dust Settled,
On OPPOSING Teams~ Unfortunately!
But this Couple's Head'n Down the Aisle for Round TWO...
And Now these ONCE Upon A Time Friends,
Have to Pretend to get along for a Cruise!
It'll a a who
Texas
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shut up and Dance With Me - I always enjoy reading the lighthearted and sweet stories by Ms. McDonell. I like that the main characters are from Texas, and they are not messed up with stereotypes. The storylines are interesting and humorous and fast paced.

The journey for the two main characters is great with plenty of realistic behavior and dialog, and the reader can feel the attraction and love between these two old friends given a second chance. This is all thanks to the best friends of both t
Mandie
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shut up and Dance with Me is the seventh book in the Oceanic Dreams series. All the books in the series take their titles from various songs and this time the book also pays a little homage to Grease as the two main characters are called Danny and Sandy and there are even little references to Olivia Newton John along the way.
Sandy is on the cruise only because her best friend has decided to re marry her ex but she doesn’t think it is a good idea, a sentiment echoed by his best friend Danny. In
Suzanne Hare
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sandy is going on a cruise to be maid of honour for her best friend and Danny is the best man. Sandy is against the marriage as it is the same man her friend married and divorced for cheating. Danny feels his best friend has learned his lesson and the marriage will work. Danny and Sandy have chemistry but bad timing in the past but luckily for the first time they are both single. Danny is determined to get the right girl but can Sandy let go of the past.

This is a charming romantic comedy that le
KL Cassanello
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sandy's friends are getting re-married, and unlike the last wedding, this one is very small and low-key - on a cruise ship. She's not looking for anything in the love department - her family history has left her jaded about happily ever after. Danny is the best man, a restaurant owner, and one of the most eligible bachelors in Texas. They agree to play nice for the sake of their friends, and he proceeds to try to win her over - he wants a forever, and thinks it could be with her. Despite her bes ...more
Fleur
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This was fun from the get go and had me wishing I had a fruity cocktail while I was reading it! Sandy and Danny chose sides after their friends marriage felt apart but now their friends are going for round 2 of marriage by getting married on a singles cruise yup that's right during a singles cruise! While Sandy tries to stay away from the Italian Stallion aka Danny she does a cray job of it and you can feel her will power failing as the story goes on. There are plenty of laughs, some terribly ch ...more
Sheila Moss
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the start. Danny and Sandy have been roped in as bridesmaid and best man on the remarriage of their best friends Lance and Vivi. Originally they had all four been close friends but had taken sides when the marriage broke down. Sandy didn't trust Lance not to cheat again and thought Vivi was asking for trouble especially as they were marrying onboard ship during a singles cruise. I enjoyed reading how Sandy struggled with her feelings for Danny when she was convinced no rel ...more
Marie Bourgery
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Danny and Sandy have felt an attraction for each since they first met, but one or both of them were dating someone else. Their friends Lance and Vivi are getting remarried onboard a singles cruise ship. That seems an odd one to choose unless Lance wants to cheat again? I enjoyed reading about the excursions and events they participated in. The crazy ferret from previous books in this series makes an appearance and causes havoc. Danny and Sandy spend a lot of time dancing, hence the book title. T ...more
Stephanie
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooh it was like watching Grease again with Sandy and Danny. The comedic fun that this book has is that it is a friends to bitter enemies to lovers quality about it that I think is fun and a new story type that I like. Wonderfully written story and a great enhancement to an already wonderful series. Let there be more please.

Jennifer Wertz
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Shut up and Dance With Me. It is a fun, flirty romance with great characters. I love the fun, romantic banter between Sandy and Danny. I love the cruise ship setting. It makes for a fun environment with interesting excursions and includes a mishap with a ferret. The romance is a sweet build up as they repair their relationship and discover their strong feelings for each other. This a a wonderful book and it was impossible to put down. I highly recommend this book!
Melissa
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
They picked a side in their friend's divorce, they didn't count on them wanting a second wedding. The characters are not stereotypical, good storyline, laugh out loud moments and a second chance at love.

Pamela Devereux
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quick summer read. You will love Sandy because she has no filter. All her emotions are on display. That is the one thing that Danny really loves about her. How the two of them are not going to say anything to Lance and Vivi, who decided to try marriage again. We are on the Aphrodite cruise ship, a boat that boasts that people fall in love and get married. The characters are just a lot of fun!
Anne Blyth
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A thoroughly delightful story set on a cruise ship. Interesting shore excursions and one mans determination to win over the girl he finds irresistible. I must confess I’ve never encountered a critter on a cruise ship but this one causes mayhem while helping the romance along.
Elvira
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally enjoyed this book it has well developed and engaging characters and the storyline flowed smoothly from start to finish.

Thi
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute quick read. I would have liked a better resolution between Lance and Sandy but it was just a small pet peeve.

Merged review:

Chantel Sampino
So fun and heartwarming

I have read each of the books in this series and they are all so amazing and fun. I enjoyed the characters in this and the 2nd chance love. I was hooked from the first sentence of the book to the last without putting it down!
Krista Walsh
Great series

Read this book in one sitting. Absolutely loved it. Couldn't put it down. Looking forward to reading the next installment in this series
stephanie huntington
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute quick read
Quinn Fforde
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was the best of the series. Sandy and Danny have the cutest conversations.
Liz Powley
*Lily's*
Aug 03, 2019
Angelina
Aug 12, 2019

• No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
  • Mind Reader
  • It's Not PMS, It's You
  • Sooo Not Looking For a Man
  • Lilliana Jones and the Temple of Groom
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • The Sugar Queen of Emerson Pass (Emerson Pass, #2)
  • Sideswiped (Rex Dalton #4)
  • If I Never Met You
  • Perfect Seas: A Grey's Harbor Story
  • Close to You (Fusion, #2)
  • Listen to Me (Fusion, #1)
  • Love to Prove You Wrong (Old Pine Cove, #2)
  • Departed: David and Sara (Cliffside Bay, #10)
  • Outmatched
  • Love and Ohana Drama
  • Mulberry Mischief (A Berry Basket Mystery #4)
  • The Quiet Girls
I am an author of fun, flirty fiction that always has a happy ending. I write contemporary women's fiction including chick lit and romantic comedies. I
have released over fifteen novels including the Upper Crust and the Jewel Sisters series.

I am also an avid reader, coffee drinker and wine lover.

Oceanic Dreams (8 books)
  • I Saw Him Standing There (Oceanic Dreams #1)
  • Time of My Life (Oceanic Dreams, #2)
  • Circle in the Sand (Oceanic Dreams #3)
  • I Thought It Was You (Oceanic Dreams #4)
  • I Will Follow Him (Oceanic Dreams #5)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Oceanic Dreams #6)
  • The Best of You (Oceanic Dreams, #8)