Start by marking “Just A Kiss (Angel Sands #4)” as Want to Read:
Just A Kiss (Angel Sands #4)

Just A Kiss

(Angel Sands #4)

She's the one woman he shouldn't want...

Caitie Russell's big brother is getting married. As the proud owner of Holiday Magic, Caitie is the obvious choice to organise the perfect Christmas wedding. Piece of cake, right?
If it weren't for one gorgeous, man-shaped problem...
Her brother's best friend, Brecken Miller.

He was her first crush.
Her first kiss.
Her first
Published November 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Just A Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just A Kiss

Start your review of Just A Kiss (Angel Sands #4)
Sofie Sehested
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carrie Elks is amazing at writing slow burn friends to lovers romance where the main characters has this amazing chemistry but they know that they have obstacles they have to fight through before they even have a chance to figure out if they are meant to be. I love her writing and I loved this book to.

Brecken Miller is a contractor who moves back to Angel Sands after 13 years to build a resort. When he was 17 he and his younger brother Daniel lost their mother to cancer on Christmas Day and they
Peggy M
I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

Just a kiss is the fourth book in the Angel Sands series (Angel Sands is a small beach town in California). If you have read the previous books in this series, you will recognize quite a few names and people in this story. And you will be happy to know that this story has Lucas and Embers wedding in it!! But if you havent read any of the books in this series, dont worry, you can perfectly read this story without
M.B.
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: proofread
Another trip to Angel Sands, and another beautifully written romance.

This cast of characters just keeps getting better and better, I never want too leave. I feel like it's a TV show that I have to wait for weekly updates.

Cait and Breck are great lead characters who, while perfect for one another, are flawed and relateable. Add in the Christmas vibe and the entire book is gorgeous.

I can't wait for even more from this California beachside town that I wish was real so I could move there.
Kari Hansen
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cait has returned to her hometown to celebrate her brothers engagement and finds herself planning their Christmas wedding. What she wasnt expecting was to reconnect with her brothers best friend Breck or that the feelings she had on him as a teenager is stronger than ever.

Brecken has recently returned to town after being away for 13 years when a personal tragedy changed his life. Seeing Cait again brings up all the feelings that have been lying dormant but between their pasts and the obstacles
Diane
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow yet another fab read in Carries Angel Sands series. I dive straight in and feel like Im catching up with old friends. I absolutely love Angel Sands the way Carrie writes makes it easy to imagine you are right there with them. Just the place Id love to live or at least visit in the summer. This is book 4 in the series and it tells Caities story who happens to Lucas sister who is head over heels about Brecken Lucas best friend. A would be relationship fraught with problems will they ever ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This cute adorable book is perfect for that Christmas romance read. Cait's brother is getting married with a Christmas theme and Cait's doing the planning. The problem is Beck. He lost his mom around the holidays and his Scrooge vibes is making it difficult. Throw in Cait's feelings and you have a lot of drama that needs to be ironed out between her and Beck. Will these two get their communication together and open up about how they really feel about each other?

I received a free copy of this
Nikki Ashton
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How have I missed this series from Carrie Elks, it is right up my street as I absolutely adore small-town books. Just a Kiss is perfect for the long winter nights coming up and I defy anyone not to fall in love with Breck and Caitie and their story. This book had emotion, sexiness and some real heartfelt moments and I loved it. I seriously think I need to go back and read the rest of the series. A perfect book for Christmas and I could definitely see it as a Hallmark Movie.
Laura Barnard
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I absolutely loved this book! I read it so quickly. Caitie and Breck were so loveable and they faced real obstacles for them to be together. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride and I recommend to anyone as a perfect Christmas read.
Teresa Lara
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the Angel sands series
Breck and Cait grabbed my heart and squeezed
Intense emotional broken heart stopping love story
Ready for more
Elvira
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read with an awesome storyline that has well developed and engaging characters that have lots of chemistry. The smooth flow of the storyline makes for a good reading time.
K B
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just A Kiss: A Small Town Brother's Best Friend Love Story (Angel Sands Book 4)
4 stars
I purchased a copy of the novel Just A Kiss: A Small Town Brother's Best Friend Love Story (Angel Sands Book 4):Brecken and Caitie by Carrie Elks and this review was given freely.
Irony, PTSD, a wedding and a steamy opposites attract, best friend's brother, second chance at love romance. Holiday Consultant Caitie is forced to face her fear of water when she reunites with Christmas hating construction business
Kristen Lewendon
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love when I find a series that I can just lose myself in. Angel Sands has kind of become a safe harbor for me. Because, no matter whats going wrong, I know that theres a happy ever after around the corner. This time we get to see what happens when Caitie takes her childhood crush on her big brothers best friend, Brecken, out of the realm of teenaged fantasies to give it a spin in real life. Im very impressed by the way this book portrays the effects of traumatic events. Both Caitie and Brecken ...more
Leah Ramsey
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!

I bought this book and within two days I had read it all. Absolutely loved it couldnt put it down. Id recommend to anyone
Kelly Palmer
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

A beautiful story finding love and holding on to it. A story of fear, love and friendship. A definite must read.
Cindy Callahan
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great story

We continue on with this series with another great installment. The chemistry and how they both have phobias really draw you in as they work to overcome their individual needs. Plus, there's a wedding so we see how others are doing. Loved it
Adele
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Just A Kiss by Carrie Elks is more than just a festive, sizzling romance there is a story of vulnerability that will break your heart but the courage from our characters is so heartening to read.

I've enjoyed and fallen in love with every one of Carrie Elks' stories in the Angel Sands series. Just A Kiss is another great instalment that brings two new characters together. I would wholeheartedly recommend reading the books in the series in order as the characters from previous stories do crop up
Cyndi Becker
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: november-2019
Just a Kiss is a wonderful brother's best friend, first kiss and first crush love story. Every visit to Angel Sands, every couple in Angel Sands, has been delightful. But, Just A Kiss might be my favorite in the series. There's something about Caitie and Brecken and their history that really grabbed my heart. They are so meant for each other and their journey requires both of them to face their deep fears head-on.

This story is driven by the upcoming marriage of Lucas and Ember from the first
Maureen
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ive loved every book Ive read by Carrie Elks so far. And the books in the Angel Sands Series are no exception. So when I heard the fourth book in the series was coming, and it had a Christmas theme, I couldnt be more excited. A Christmas and Carrie Elks read is my kind of perfect. So when I was able too, I started reading as fast as I could.

In Just A Kiss we meet Brecken Miller. Brecken is back in the little town he grew up in after leaving it years ago after his mom died. Now his best friend
Jolanda Gelissen
This book was actually the first one the author wrote in the series, but in order to get to this part of the story, she needed to write the first three books first. I can safely assume that none of us found this a hardship, as the entire series is heartwarmingly adorable.

Just a Kiss focuses on Lucas sister Caitie and his best friend Breck. Caitie is a successful holiday consultant based in New York, where she shares an apartment with her best friend Harper. She visits Angel Sands to attend Lucas
Blondy2sum
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, kindle-unlimited, arc
If you enjoy a story where theres a second chance at love in a small town, where everyone knows everyone, this would be a great read for you.
Just A Kiss is the fourth book in this series. I had not read this author before receiving this book as an ARC, and to give my honest review I felt the author deserved my time to read books 1, 2 & 3. The series doesnt need to be read in order, but I did enjoy getting to know the characters before their story was told. I would recommend you read them in
Stox4story
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas season is nearing and Im already watching all those Hallmark movies. I say this because this book would fit right into that TV screen with real to life Hallmark characters. After all it is the season.

Caitie and Breck would definitely play the star-crossed lovers, tugging at the heartstrings of all the viewers.

When Brecks mom died, he was 17 and had to go across the country to Boston to live with his dad. He forgot all about Caitie and his friends back in Angel Sands, California.
Alison
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Perfect, Sweet, Christmas Romance Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

When Caitie agrees to help organise her brothers wedding, little did she know she would be faced with her past in the shape of Brecken Miller, her brothers best friend. Will they act upon the chemistry they feel? Or will Breckens loathing for all things Christmas come between them?

This story for me, is Carrie Elks most swoon worthiest contemporary romance yet, and its a perfect read for over the
Karenj
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hallmark-movie worthy !! It had everything I love in a holiday romance, sweet and tender, you could almost put this in second-chance romance section.

Caitie loved everything about the holiday season, so much so she built her business around it - planning Christmas decor for others... hotels, businesses, movies. What she didn't bank on making time for when she went home to Angel Sands for her brother's engagement party, was planning their Christmas themed wedding !

She also didn't bank on coming
Linda
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌊They have nothing to fear but fear itself!🌅
4.5🌟stars
😍 The standard remains high in this fourth book in the Angel Sands series as yet another couple unite in the small California beach town. I liked and sympathized with the two main protagonists, Caitie and Breck, each with a major childhood trauma still looming large in their adult lives. The story's main events revolve around the preparations for the wedding of Caitie's brother who is also one of Breck's best boyhood friends. A pushy female
Clare
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just A Kiss was such a was such a amazing read, it's the kind of Christmasy romance story that gives you all the warm and fuzzies inside.
It all started with a teenage crush for Caitie Russell, with the object of her affection being her big brothers best friend Brecken Miller, to a meeting years later when she is asked to help plan her brother Lucas's Christmas wedding. This story is the fourth book set in the seaside town of Angel Sands, California, and it may have a little more sunshine than
Stacey
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This being the 4th book in the Angel Sands series and with a Christmassy theme running throughout, I was really excited to read it!

This one centres around Caitie (Lucas's younger sister) who has been tasked with planning Lucas and Ember's Christmas wedding. And Breck, one of Lucas's old friends who has recently returned to work on the Silver Sands resort alongside Aiden from the previous story.

Caitie loves Christmas - so much so she runs a holiday business consulting companies on all things
Loves
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carrie Elks is my favourite go to author , I've loved all of her previous books and I was lucky to receive an ARC of this copy . It didn't disappoint. Her style of writing makes it really easy to connect with the characters she's portraying and they're always easy to relate to. You reconnect with characters from the previous books in the series and the banter between the friends and siblings is amusing. What I love is that it doesn't matter if you pick this up not having read any of the earlier ...more
Laura R
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book felt like coming home after having been away for awhile. There is a comfort in returning to Angel Sands for the Christmastime wedding of Lucas Russell (Caitie's brother) and Ember Kennedy, who were featured in the first book of this series. We not only get to catch on what has been happeing with the characters from the previous books, but we also get a new romance.

When Caitie returns home for her brother's engagement party, she finds that her attraction to one of her brother's
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I do enjoy a good Christmas story and this one is just that, a really good festive story! It has all the "Awww" factors in it, love, misunderstanding, a wedding and, did I mention Christmas. If you are looking for a good read this is one to get.

Typical of all Carie Elks books, this one is well written and flows really well. With great characters and a great setting, this story is set on the beach, with old friends and new relationships. It is easy to get into and keeps your attention well.

Suzaan Jansen van Rensburg
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caitlin had a crush on Breck since they were kids. But he left town at 17 after his mom died and they only met up again 13 years later. Not too long before they could not deny the attraction between them. But there are obstacles in their way - Breck loves the ocean while Caitie has a fobia for water after a near drowning and Caitlin loves Christmas so much that she is actually making a living out of it while it only reminds Breck of the day his mother passed away from cancer. Not to mention that ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Off Limits Daddy (Slade Brothers, #2)
  • Billionaire's Unexpected Bride
  • Loves Me Not (Slade Brothers, #4)
  • Baby Secret (Slade Brothers, #3)
  • Best Friend's Sister (Slade Brothers Book 5)
  • The Billionaire’s Pregnant Assistant (McClellan Billionaires, #1)
  • My Path to You (Courage of Krysset Book 2)
  • Trust in Me (All I Want, #4)
  • Secret Baby Daddy (Irresistible, #1)
  • Doctor Daddy
  • Worth Waiting For (The O'Connors Book 1)
  • Tempting Heat (Tempt Me #1)
  • Her Christmas Romance Surprise
  • Selfish for Love
  • Baby Daddy Rescue (Hot Daddy, #2)
  • Fake Fiancee Fiasco (Wedding #1)
  • The Player's Dilemma: A Thrilling Second Chance Romance
  • Prohibit (Benson Siblings #3)
Carrie Elks is an international bestselling author of seventeen traditionally-published and self-published novels. Her books are sweet yet sexy contemporary romance stories. Her latest books are a series of small town romances set on the coast of Southern California. You can begin the Angel Sands series with Let Me Burn - available on Amazon and in Kindle Unlimited.

Amazon:

Angel Sands (7 books)
  • Let Me Burn (Angel Sands, #1)
  • She's Like The Wind (Angel Sands #2)
  • Sweet Little Lies (Angel Sands #3)
  • Baby I'm Yours (Angel Sands #5)
  • Pieces of Us (Angel Sands #6)
  • Chasing The Sun (Angel Sands #7)