Start by marking “Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers, #1)

Pierced Hearts

(Southern Charmers #1)

Darby

I’m here.
Back in the same town I ran from years ago and the man I left behind.
Pierce Kendrick, the man I’ve never stopped loving.
The day he walked up to me with his cocky smile, everything changed.
Now, I don’t recognize the cold, harsh, bitter man that stands in his place.
It’s time Pierce knows why I left, and the secrets that drove me away.
Nothing could prepare m
347 pages
Published November 11th 2019 by Ahren Sanders Author

To ask other readers questions about Pierced Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pierced Hearts

Start your review of Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers, #1)
Fre06 Begum
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
The man was pretty much verbally abusive with his ex and with the heroine.
This man here waited a loooong time after the heroine left him. He waited so long because so in love with her that he just couldn’t moved on. He got the heroine pregnant and when she lost the baby they got into a fight and said some horrible things to her. She left town but she was coming back to beg for his forgiveness. So he waited and waited and waited for her safely return and waited some more. 14 WEEKS! 14 weeks that
Dilek VT
Nov 11, 2019 marked it as nope
The hero sounds like a big jerk, sleeping with her worst enemy and getting her pregnant soon after they are separated... Instead of going after the woman he supposedly loves, he just drinks and uses drugs and of course has reckless sex...

So what? What will the HEA entail? Obviously, the heroine will have to forgive him one day and take him back. How will she look at the children he had while she was away and feel OK with it all? Especially after staying stupidly celibate for 12 years herself, s
✴ Cindy ✴
It makes me wonder about the writer. I mean, did she sit down one day and say - yes, this is a great idea to write about. I will show women that it's okay to become a doormat for a man who betrays you with your worst enemy. I will be so brave and help women become stronger. I will make my gender proud. And then she presents us with this. Epic fail. I won't pay to read this crap. EVER.
Ellie
Nov 12, 2019 added it
Nadine Bookaholic
This book was so good I devoured it in one day. I have always enjoyed Ahren Sanders' books but there was just something about Darby and Pierce's story that captivated me. I will admit I was pissed at Darby for falling back into bed with Pierce so quickly but I understood why she did it even though it had no chance of ever playing out the way she thought it would. Pierce was gunning to get her back and she wanted closure, guess I don't have to tell you which way things worked out now do I, lol. I ...more
Maksida
Nov 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
I had to give at least one star to write this review but if I had a chance I would have given it 0.
The story line in this book is the one I hate the most.

H is a total jerk, sleeps with OW, makes two kids and have one night stands for 12 years, while h is celibate and depressed.

I don't know why authors still do this shit time and time again, and why people, especially us women like to read and give 5 stars to this crap. It's time we start to respect ourselves more. Why Sanders didn't give h mo
Lydia
Nov 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Apparently heroine has been celibate for 12 years and of course hero has been getting his.

Are you actually serious?!

I’ll pass on the sexist double standard crap.

12 years.....
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I may have lived without you, but I wasn't really living, not until that day in May when my heart started beating again because you were back."

Would it be rude if I mention how surprised I was by how amazing this book is? Not that any of her previous works were not good, but damn, this one is sooooo amazing it needs to be elevated and appreciated appropriately, you know? I floved it...hard.

Pierced Hearts is about childhood sweethearts who never got over each other. She walked away from the
Anne OK
After a 12 year separation, Darby and Pierce get a second chance -- one filled with a barrelful of angst and family drama. Their love story has a little twist to it that added something a bit different. It's full of emotional ups and downs, raw and passionate.

Darby is a bit of a wimp but smart and successful, and Pierce was a control freak and not my kinda alpha-hero. I tried but once he called the "love of his life" that unpardonable four-letter c-word, I was pretty much finished with him. And
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Nov 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Worst book of 2019 for me. Just awful. So much drama...the things the h also said about his kids...who would stay with anyone after that!! And of course the h remains celibate for 12 years...blah blah blah!! His horrid, she's terrible, the ex is satan incarnate and the story is filled with more angst and drama than a soap opera.. yeah no thanks...
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Darby never thought she'd be back in her hometown. It's where she never wanted to come back to. For reasons. Reasons like her ex. The one who tore her heart out and stomped it into a million little pieces. She knows Pierce is here and she's doing her level best to not run into him again, but it seems fate is against her because yeah he's demanding to be in her space. He wants answers. HE wants answers?!? What about her...

Soon Darby's body (and her heart) are clamoring for her to let Pier
Red Cheeks Reads
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

This is the third book I’ve read by Ahren Sanders, and this is the third time she has blown me away with her incredible storytelling. Richly detailed and full of every single feel, Sanders has a way of developing her characters that enables her readers to truly get to know them. The effort and care she takes in progressing her plots and stories, in laying them out and building the anticipation, is evident on every page. It’s easy to get lost in her stories, swept right up in them and
Sharon
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story that will give you all the feels! 5 stars for this one!
Meet Darby, she's returning to town after being away for twelve years. She's avoiding him, the one that broke her, the one she can't seem to get over, Pierce. When he finds out she's back in town, he will stop at nothing to get to her and find out why she just up and left him behind.
Read along and see what made Darby leave Pierce behind, what broke them apart for so long. Can they get passed the past and heal and reuni
Felicia
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the story of Darby and Pierce. They were teenage sweethearts. But some stuff happened that split them up. Now twelve years later she's back in her hometown to take care of her mother after an accident. She trys her hardest to avoid Pierce. But he catches wind that she's in town and they duke it out with words. There was a constant battle between them. Mostly because there are secrets hiding on both sides of the playing field.

I am not sure how I want to rate this one. Because while I love
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
Wowza, talk about being put through an emotional wringer! Man, I’m still trying to recover from finishing my read of Pierced Hearts, trying to piece my own heart back together after Darby and Pierce shredded it.

Darby and Pierce grew up together. Fell in love. Broke up—nearly destroying each other in the process. And have not seen each other in twelve years. Until Darby returns to her beloved hometown of Charleston.

To face her past so she can finally have the future she’s worked so damn hard for
Michelle
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Vfc
Note to self:::

Another writer juxtaposing a spineless creature with an ill-bred, womanising controlling caveman, one that referenced the deplorable ‘c-word’. This representation of double-standards complete with a weak, insipid female lacking self-respect is O-L-D.

Writers are composing the WORST misrepresentation of female empowerment. Typically, more often than not, the hero enjoys a smorgasbord of sexual encounters, impregnates women, heaven forbid they invest in every birth control conceivab
Jenn Amy
It’s been forever since I read an Ahren Sanders novel and let me tell you this her best book yet. I missed her writing so much. Pierced Hearts was breathtakingly beautiful, it was painful at times but such an incredible story of redemption, forgiveness and seconds chances.

From the minute I opened this book I was hooked to these characters and their story. The way Ahren tells the story of their past I could literally feel my heart breaking for the love that was lost when these two separated 12 y
Yolanda
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahren Sanders seriously knows how to write one hell of an emotional second chance romance! Pierced Hearts(Southern Charmers #1) can be read as stand-alone and is a fantastic start to this series. I was so addicted to Pierced Hearts’s intriguing storyline that I devoured it within hours.

Pierce and Darby’s story began as young lovers who had an emotional and nasty break up. Although both of them have moved on since then, they’ve never truly gotten over each other. Now that Darby has returned to h
Kari Hansen
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s been 12 years since Darby left town but the devastation and heartbreak that she caused both Pierce and herself still remains. She has forged a successful career, but she has never found a love like the one that was lost. When she comes home to help her family all she wants to do is keep a low profile and hopefully not have to see Pierce, but he wasn’t about to let that happen.

Pierce is full of questions and regrets. He has created a new life for himself but there is so much unresolved betwe
Lori
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Darby and Pierce are high school sweethearts who have a horrible thing happen to them abs 12 years down the line get their second chance. It did take me awhile to warm up to pierce because one he was not the nicest guy in the begging and also because it seemed like it was so easy for him to move on from Darby. Once the details of his past were explained that changed for me. I loved Darby, she had fire and spunk. I felt for her this whole book. All of the supporting characters ...more
Tawny
I’ll pass on another sexist celibate heroine- fucks everything ex book. 12 years - it’s laughable not romantic. It’s a pathetic trope, and so unrealistic. I wish Good Reads had a hard pass shelving option rather than dnf.
Aya
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
im soo excited to read this! one of my favorite authors miss sanders is back on my reading list!! boooyah!
Violet
I loved every single thing about this book from the tragedy of the hero and heroine's past to the undying love they shared. To the crazy ex (for lack of a better word) that was determined to keep them apart, to the kids, and to the somewhat (with good intentions) manipulative Mothers that gave a little push when needed. I loved Pierce's dirty mouth and the so-hot-they-were-scorching-the-pages sex scenes! But in addition to that was a story that will both make your heart hurt and make it soar! Th ...more
Liz
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pierced Hearts by Ahren Sanders is the first book in the new Southern Charmers series and is a second chance romance with so many feels. Years ago Darby left and broke both their hearts. Now she is back and Pierce wants to know why. He is not the same man she once loved. But when he finds out why she left, could this be their second chance? I loved the chemistry between Darby and Pierce. Their journey was not always easy, but it will captivate from start to finish.

4.5-stars. Read and reviewed f
Carman Townsend Welsch
Very good read !

I can't articulate , without spoilers , my favorite part of this story . So I will have to say ...ALL of it !! From beginning to end , it was fantastic . I am a fan of all of Ahren Sanders work and I have every book she has written . Very , very good !!
Leigh Lunsford
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breathtakingly Be

it has been a hog minute since I have lost myself in words. By 10% I was engrossed, by 31% I knew I couldn't stop until I finished. The world of Pierce and Darby consumes you. I laughed out loud, I rubbed my aching heart, and I devoured their story. The author made me feel I was there sipping champagne and a part of their lives.
Marnie
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have no words to describe how amazing this book is

Just read it!! You absolutely cannot miss out on this beautiful and heart-wrenching story from Ahren Sanders.

I hadn’t even finished the first chapter, not got even a sniff of the story about Pierce and Darby, and my heart was breaking!! I was completely and utterly gutted. Then I found out what happened between them. Gutted became broken and devastated.

Since leaving Pierce and Charleston behind, and, for the first time in 12 years, Darby has
Stephanie
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers #1) will take you on quite a ride! The pace is steady as you go through young love, heartache and sweet reunions. Emotions are high. The sexy times are hot!

Darby Graham left her home town of Charlestown twelve years ago, leaving behind her true love and nursing a broken heart. Pierce Kendrick was devastated when Darby left. But life moved on. At least he thought so until she returned. A lot can happen in twelve years. A lot!

She says we’re impossible.
I say she’s
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• I'm Yours
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • With Every Breath
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Out of the Darkness (Hope Valley Book 6)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Wait for Me
  • Paradox (Pearson Sisters Series Book 1)
  • Fool Me Once
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Hate Crush
  • Unexpected Bond (Unexpected Arrivals #4)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Conceal
  • The Virgin Gift (The Gift #2)
Ahren spent her formative years living in an active volcano. There her family made collectible lava art. She studied rock collecting at the Sorbonne in France. There she met the love of her life-her pet pig Sybil. She returned to the states and started writing. She is happily married to a guy who used to live under a bridge and she met while pole-dancing.

Now, meet the real me. I grew up in the so

Southern Charmers (2 books)
  • Miller's Time (Southern Charmers, #2)