Start by marking “The Everafter Wish (City of Wishes #6)” as Want to Read:
The Everafter Wish (City of Wishes #6)

The Everafter Wish

(City of Wishes #6)

Cinderella retold: Fae, vampires, shifters, and a Godmother who’ll grant you any wish—if you pay the price.
Armed with knowledge that could change everything for humankind, Elle must confront the king.

But it's the Godmother who now poses the greatest threat. Can Elle and Dex stop her from taking control of the kingdom?

~ ~ ~

This is episode 6 of 6 of a SE
Published July 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Everafter Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everafter Wish

Start your review of The Everafter Wish (City of Wishes #6)
Maria Elena | _mkarys
What a beautiful conclusion to this amazing series! Now that it’s done, I confirm what I said in the review of the first episode: this is one of my favorite retelling! Such a cute, fun, quick story to read in little bites! I adored it! I loved how everything came together in this final chapter, starting with Elle’s memory-taking abilities and ending with the Godmother’s motives—Godmother, who, I dare say, is my favorite character of the series. She’s so complex and impossible to predict! I would ...more
Malischa Weijkamp
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Its to bad it ended 😭😭 but its a lovely serie books
Alysha King
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
So I audiobooked this one, listening to it as a 6 part story.

Where do I begin...

(view spoiler)
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
I've really enjoyed reading this series, and this final book was one of my favorites! I read an advanced copy, which does not affect my review. Elle had quite a few challenges after finishing the Godmother's 'quest' and this one wraps up a lot of the loose ends we had in the series, while leaving room for more possible stories in the future. I really enjoyed seeing some of the characters we had heard about before, and getting to see familiar faces as well in this one!
Candace Barnard
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, love this whole series!

Wow what a crazy ride this entire story has been and I have enjoyed all of it. The characters are so fun and relatable and I even love the "evil" God mother. This last episode has been as twisty as the rest of the story and a great end to the story.

Plus Rachel's writing is just so good, light and easy to read while still creating vivid imagery and twisty turny tales!

you should 100% read this series to it just too good.
Coral Chanel (Reading Starlight)
A great finishing story for this series. Very well written with an excellent twist.
I just wish there was more written here for certain parts, some scenes would have been amazing with a few more paragraphs.
I hope to read more from the author, and if ever these characters were to pop up again in another series I would jump at the chance to read.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A perfect ending to this fantastic fairytale retelling. I absolutely loved how unpredictable and original the story was. The characters were wonderful to read and I thoroughly enjoyed their journey.
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
The Everafter Wish is the last episode in the City Of Wishes serie, a Cinderella retelling by Rachel Morgan. I really loved this series and the authors writing style.
Iris
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ryan
Apr 30, 2020 rated it liked it
In all honesty I think the series should have ended after the last episode. It turns out the King knew of the quest and was purposely hiding it because of his hatred of humans. That means it’s time to ouster the king. This ending was thoroughly predictable. It was a nice end to the series, but it was not needed. I think it would have been better ended at the end of the starlight quest.
Ronel Janse van Vuuren
The shock on Salvia’s face when Elle confronts her: priceless.

The way all the different experiences of Elle’s life along with the various magicks come together is absolutely awesome.

People can still surprise you, as Elle learns in this final adventure before her happily-ever-after.

A fast-paced, fun, must-read story. Highly recommended.
Chrystele Myriam
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I...Oh my god! I so not want this series to be over!!! I just want to be with them 😂😂😭😭 I loved it ! I was so not ready for this ending and for the plot to untangle this way! This was twisted but at the same time genius!! Loved loved loved it. I highly recommend this series!
T Lee
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was a good, quick read that summed up the series, which had enjoyable characters and interesting twists and turns for a Cinderella-type story.
Kiarasvdm
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Predictable, cheesy but nice :)
Sarah Nolan
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this whole series while working and got lost and inspired by the words. Such a fantastic series and one I can’t wait to share with my teen daughter. Highly recommend!
Alice
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
What a wonderful way to finish this series!
Nisareen
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having acquired magic after successfully completing her Starlight Quest, Elle accompanies Dex to meet his father in the hopes of persuading him to recognise humans as equals. Unfortunately King Belaric is less than forthcoming, having had this knowledge all along but too consumed by his hatred of humanity to recognise them as equals. To ensure this secret never comes to light, he imprisons Elle despite the protests of his son.

Fortuitously, while in prison, Elle meets a face from the past who wa
Caroline
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To start with I’d just like to warn fellow readers that this is the sixth and last part in a serialized story, so you should have read all the others before this one for the story to make sense. Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get on with the review.
The sixth installment of City of Wishes, The Everafter Wish, finds Elle, Dex, and their friends returned from the quest that granted Elle magic and served as payment for the wish granted by the Godmother. Next, it is time to confront the King w
Jessy
5 stars for this whole series. The ending was somewhat simpler than I predicted but rather perfect and satisfying. I love it when the cruelty and bloody ending I’ve anticipated along the series didn’t happen at all. Thank goodness.

I always love Elle and Dex. They never disappointed me. But the Godmother was the one who made me eager and excited about her magic tricks whatsoever. Sure her actions were confusing sometimes but my gut told me to take side with her anyway. And the revelation of backs
Novel Grounds
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I somehow lagged on this review. This is the final part of this EPIC serial series from Rachel Morgan and this was hands down one of the top retellings I have ever read.

This is the 6th part in this series but you can now read all of the novellas together! They are also banded together in paperback and it is absolutely perfect.

But back to this series. I loved it. This was the perfect anding and it was everything you could possibly hope for in a conclusion. If you are reading this review then ho
Shanice Singh
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this last installment of “City of Wishes”, Elle is finally free of her evil stepmother AND she has magic. I was pretty excited to read this because it looked like things were finally going well for her. Of course that didn’t last long.
Elle wants to share her knowledge with the King as well as stop the Godmother and her army of vampires (there’s a sentence I never thought I’d ever see).
What I really liked about this is that although it wrapped things up (which made me kinda have lower expectat
Diane Lynch
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Rachel Morgan’s THE EVERAFTER WISH is a magical ending to the City of Wishes series. I loved this book. It was full of surprises and excitement. It is a brilliant retelling of the Cinderella story.

In this final installment, Elle is discovering how to use her magic. There are unexpected twists. We are introduced to some new characters. We discover more about Elle’s past. Elle finds some unexpected allies. The story is thrilling from start to finish. It had the perfect ending.

Rachel Morgan did a p
Brittany Smith
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a series!!! Absolutely loved the “episode” feel of the book releases. Truly a unique way of doing it.

It has been a crazy ride and the twists and turns were never ending! The last book ties up all the loose ends perfectly and is an absolute thing of beauty! Technically, there could be some spinoffs from this series but it ended really well with no cliffhanger-like feelings!

I absolutely loved the characters and the development between them all, even the “evil” godmother was brilliant! Rach
Kim
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy, retellings
City of Wishes 6: The Everafter Wish
By Rachel Morgan

YES! We finally get the ending of this somewhat complicated but fun retelling! I had to know what happened to my characters. I love fairytale retellings but this series is incredibly unique and well thought out. However, you definitely need to read the first 5 episodes before you finish. I guess you don’t HAVE to but that’s like cheating and reading the ending first. You will not regret finishing such a entertaining story.

Elle’s gonna need all
Siobhan Yilmaz
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whenever you finish a book or series you experience one of three things in my opinion; satisfaction, soul crushing loss, or disapproval. This book delivers on the first two - sad it's over and that there'll be no more, and sweet satisfaction at such a lovely ending and wrap up. I haven't experienced that since Rachel Morgan's creepy hollow series (she has a habit of hooking me into her series).
Anyway, I'm sure if you're reading this you must have have read one of the others knowing how great it
Sabrina
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Will Elle and Dex overcome the Godmother, the King, Elle's stepmother, all the scary magical vampires and countless others who are after them? They have threats on all sides but they get help from some of the most surprising places.
Could we possibly, actually, maybe find out the true motivation of the Godmother??? She is one of my favourite side characters and I would love a book or even just a short story all about her.
The final instalment of the City of Wishes series is just as exciting and fa
Arin Barry
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no words... Rachel Morgan has officially killed me with this book. If you don’t hear anything from me again, this is the reason.

I love retellings and I adore all Rachel’s books that I’ve read so far, but this retelling of Cinderella is absolutely the best thing that I’ve read this year.

Elle is such a badass character, she’s strong, brave and outspoken - everything I love in a protagonist - but she has flaws that make her a believable character. And a well written, yet flawed character is
DesiRae Jones
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jan farnworth
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This in the final episode in this mini series and it hands down is the perfect ending. Up tell this point i was not sure where the Godmother loyalty laid i was pretty sure they were just with herself. I love this version she different then the sweet version from Disney, she crafty and full of surprises. Like all fairy tales this one ends on a a optimistic note that all will come out just the way it should. If you love fairy tale retelling that truly turn the story on its head and this does exact ...more
Ann O'Nymos
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, freda
What a truly fantastic story! This “Cinderella” retelling has so much own magic that you can hardly remember the original – and you don't need to.
The final installment brings all the loose ends together. I must admit, the Godmother is such a fascinating and controversial character, I loved and hated her at the same time.
Elle is a protagonist to love and admire. Not flawless but courageous and willing to change the world. Dex is perfectly imperfect but kind and adorable too.
I hope there will be a

• To Kill a King (Hollowcliff Detectives, #2)
  • Isle of Bones (We Witches Three #1)
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • White Pawn (Vampire Court, #1)
  • Girl at Heart
  • The Shadow Student (Wraithwood Academy #1)
  • Scarlet Huntress
  • Witchin' Impossible (Witchin' Impossible Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • The Trouble with Flying (The Trouble Series, #1)
  • Crescent Calling (The Crescent Witch Chronicles, #1)
  • Under a Harvest Moon (Westin Pack #6)
  • Frank Bowen Conspiracy Thriller Series: Books 1-3
  • Keeping Hope Alive
  • Heir of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #2)
  • Ice Crown (The Elements of Kamdaria 1)
  • I Am the Night (The Night Firm, #3)
  • First Term (Dragon Fire Academy #1)
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her ...more

City of Wishes (7 books)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
  • The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)
  • The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)
  • The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)
  • City of Wishes: The Complete Cinderella Story