Start by marking “The Arrangement (Homestead Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Arrangement (Homestead Legacy, #1)

The Arrangement

(Homestead Legacy #1)

1895. New York.

Gabriel Webster’s pack is in trouble. His father’s failing health and his mother’s untimely death mean that the vultures are circling. It won’t be long before his family’s assets are stripped and his pack disbanded. When an offer of help arrives in the form of a marriage of convenience, he has little choice but to accept.

The arrangement would be the perfect
ebook
Published August 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Arrangement

Start your review of The Arrangement (Homestead Legacy, #1)
annob
3.75 stars!

This is my second taste of Alex Jane's shifter world and characters, and it's very nice, welcoming place with warm people, and feels pleasantly homely. 30-year-old Nate is a recluse due to an injury, and Gabriel, a few years younger, in risk of losing his home. The storyline was the classical romance trope marriage of convenience, which created a situation of forced proximity and growing affection, all tropes of which I'm a fan of. Since I've read many M/F historical romances with sim
THE GOTH CRITIC
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-shifter, fantasy
I LIKED THIS BOOK... UNTIL I READ IT!

Although technically short, with 8+1 chapters, the story was long enough with consistent chapters and a stuffed narration, the blurb was interesting as well... HOWEVER, the story-line was unbalanced and felt rushed around the chapters 8 and 9. The key scenes were flat and disappointing. The way the relationship between Nate and Gabe developed was sparkless and below par.. I expected something better than the cliché lovemaking scene.

Let's be honest; this is no
Anabela.M.
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charming diary of an arranged marriage

To be completely honest, The Arragement gave me this strong vibe of being a sort of a diary,and I loved it. It's full of recounts of daily activities, impressions on people,situations and surroundings. And of course,elaborate detailing of Gabriel's feelings.

The story definitely charmed me. A slow burn,arranged marriage and fated mates romance with the sweetest main characters: Gabriel and Nathaniel. It's adorable the way they circle each other,with tentati
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
Really nice and easy reading.
I liked it :)
It doesn't seems really historical (a plus for me)
Tori
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-ku, read-2020
Oh, you KNOW I am here for a marriage of convenience story. With werewolves! And childhood friends! This was fun.
michaela ⚘
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Had a very slow start that was quite difficult for me to get into but as the story progressed I was fully consumed by the story completely. I am a huge fan of pining — and there was LOTS of pining. On top of that we get brothers best friend, not one of them but BOTH of them being virgins and just the right amount of angst to tie it all together. Overall it was a nice little read and I would definitely read more by this author <3

3.5 beautiful stars !!
Michaelene
If you're in the mood for a courtship and a proper wooing you're not going to want to miss this one!

The Arrangement by Alex Jane is a slow-burn, slow-to-awareness paranormal romance that hits as many sweet notes as it does spicy. Enter Gabriel, a wolf who has lost his mother and alpha of their family's pack. As such, he feels the weight of responsibility on his shoulders as his father's listlessness becomes worse and their financial situation even more dire.

Then comes a proposal from the least l
Notthatcatwoman
Sep 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
I don't understand why the author decided to try and market this as a 'shifter' book. The only wolf that can shift in this world is the alpha, which is only mentioned once not shown on page. The only on page shifting was the beta's who can change their nails and teeth. Other than that I think the only difference between these 'wolves' and humans was that they had enhanced hearing? It was also mentioned that they ran on the night of the full moon. So they are just a group of people running around ...more
Jess A Jaye
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*happy sigh* *happy sigh* *happy sigh*
I was so happy when Alex said they would be writng a spin-off series after Homestead Alphas finished. The Arrangement is the first in the new Homestead Legacy series and I adored it every bit as much as I did its predecessor.
The Arrangement stars Gabriel and Nathaniel and both them and their story absolutely stole my heart. There is something about the Homestead world that from the first page it wraps you up in a lovely little fog and you don't ever want to
Susana
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A marriage of could be the key to saving his pack, even at the risk of losing his heart….
After the death of his alpha, and with no heir and his father’s health slowly going down, Gabriel’s pack is seriously threatened. An unexpected solution comes with a proposal by Nathaniel Hayward, a wealthy alpha who used to be Gabriel’s deceased brother’s best friend. But after the tragedy that killed his friend and left him badly injured, Nathaniel is a damaged in more than one way. Will Gabriel be able to
Mary Mary
* I was gifted an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review *

I LOVED "Alphas' Homestead" series and this book is just as awesome as all the other books <3
It is a fast paced, old-friends (to strangers)- to-lovers story with absolutely lovable characters. It is a BEAUTIFUL love story. It felt a little bit like retelling of Beauty and the Beast, but with MCs who shared their childhood.

Alex Jane writing style is fantastic, she can make forget about the whole real world and just get sucked in the 1
Bev
Lovely. Really enjoyed this story, the first in Alex's new Homestead Legacy series which is of course a spin-off from the Alpha's Homestead series. There is a teeny, tiny catch-up with Tad and Samuel as this story is set in New York, but the main focus of the story is poor Gabriel and what happened 10 years previously to his elder brother Reuben and Reuben's best friend Nate...whom Gabriel was rather keen on and hero worshipped. 4.5 stars from me.

Such a gentle series, with delightful characters.
Amy
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I honestly don’t think this author can write a bad book, and I don’t think there is a character written that I didn’t fall in love with. Gabriel and Nathaniel were no exception. Seeing Nathaniel just open up and bloom was the best thing. He was so lonely and guilt ridden he had no self confidence at all. Gabriel was so compassionate and loving he as perfect for Nate. To see their second chance at life was a privilege.
Adrianamae
Tropy story that didn't capture my attention --probably because I couldn't define what sort of story it was. It certainly wasn't a paranoral werewolf story, nor a historical. What it was lacked depth in plot, characterization and most of all, any type of relationship. For me, this was very much a "light" story or what could have possibly been a story.
JR
Sweet

This is one of those sweet stories that leaves you with a smile and a light heart. It has over tones of beauty and the beast, which is a favorite of mine. Time well spent.
Yvonne
I liked this werewolf historical romance for the sweet depiction of the clans communal living arrangements and the complete lack of the usual “grrrr” and alpha overload.
Michelle
This was cute, but I also felt like I should've liked it much more than I did. I think my main issue was that while it was a slow burn (which is what I gravitate towards), it's pretty short (not sure if it's longer than novella-length, but if so, not by much), so there wasn't quite as much development prior to them getting together as I would've liked. (view spoiler) ...more
Helena Stone
It’s been a while since I read a book from start to finish in a matter of hours, but I couldn’t have done anything else once I read the first paragraph of The Arrangement. Set in an alternative version of 1895 this is a beautiful and gentle love story filled with all the feels without ever getting over-dramatic or angsty.

The story is told from Gabriel’s perspective and it’s hard not to feel for him when he accepts a marriage proposal not because he expects to live the rest of his life in a lovin
Natosha Wilson
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great read. This book may have been set back in the 1809’s but honestly for the most part, it did not feel that way. I am not one to enjoy books that are written in historical times but this book was nothing like most historical books that I have read. Though there are some references to carriage rides and maybe even their dress wear, other then that I felt like this was a book that was written in the modern times. So that in my opinion made it hat much better.

Gabriel comes from a pack th
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(3.75 stars)

Set back in the late 1800's, this has a different take on shifters. Gabriel's pack is without an alpha and is actually in trouble. When an offer for Gabriel's hand in marriage seems to be an answer to their problems, the only issue is who is doing the offering. His late brother's best friend is offering for Gabriel's hand, a man that they haven't seen since the unfortunate incident that both killed his brother and left Nate with scars. Gabriel accepts the offer and
Alison Edmunds
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! I adored this book which is set in the Homestead universe. The development of the relationship between Gabriel and Nathaniel is gentle and all the more perfect and realistic because of this. That isn't to say that all is plain sailing and Gabriel has a definite feisty streak. As the alpha, Nathaniel is quite shy and uncertain about Gabriel, but his love is there if you care to look. I am so glad the author didn't take the route I thought she might of "curing" one of the main characters. ( ...more
twistedkites
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

This was a clever, engrossing mix of victorian and shifter. Loved the world building and loved the writing. Will definitely seek out more from this author
Rachel
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-tbr
Honestly I could read about the characters Alex has created all the time, another gorgeous story.
BAG
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: wolf, omega
I liked it. It was a "low heat" slow burn romance. It's set in the shifter Omegaverse without much shifting. I think probably to make gay marriage legal and ordinary. Otherwise the story wasn't really about wolves. But I liked the characters and their getting to know each other was so cute. I love the "damaged Hero" trope.
Jenn (not Lily)
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, re-reads
I think I'll need to read this one again sometime soon, after I've had a chance to let it settle into my head. I have some questions about how certain people are portrayed before the end, but I need to give the story some space first. Loved the apology by breakfast -- nice touch!
Jennifer Lavoie
I wish there was more

I loved Gabe and Nate’s story, and I wish there had been more at the end. I wasn’t ready for it to end and I wanted to see them go through the new garden party. I look forward to more in the series, though.
Juniper Woods
Aug 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
there was a lot of small things i didn't like.
the idea of soulmates is one.
the romanticizing of child predation.
being oblivious to others isn't cute or endearing. is definately not a personality. the main character is oblivious to their partner and the book is just all miscommunication.
Tuesday Strange
This was actually a bit crap and I was disappointed.
Shawna
Skylar
While this book hits a lot of my favorite tropes, it didn't resonate with me the way I had hoped. I guess I didn't feel that the passion was there, but it wasnt a bad read. Definitely give it a shot if you've got kindle unlimited.

• Honeythorn
  • The Replacement Husband (Goddess-Blessed, #1)
  • The Reluctant Husband (Goddess-Blessed, #2)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Taji from Beyond the Rings
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • The Wolf and the Sparrow
  • Captive Wolf (The Wildcrest Pack, #1)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Dead Man Stalking (Blood and Bone, #1)
  • The Capital (The Knight and the Necromancer #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • The Sea (The Knight and the Necromancer #3)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
Stories of M/M romance with happy endings...eventually.

After spending far too long creating stories in her head, Alex finally plucked up the courage to write them down and realized it was quite fun seeing them on the page after all.

Free from aspirations of literary greatness, Alex simply hopes to entertain by spinning a good yarn of love and life, wrapped up with a happy ending. Although, if her c

Homestead Legacy (2 books)
  • The Legacy (Homestead Legacy #2)

News & Interviews

Award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa’s highly anticipated new book, Once I Was You: A Memoir of Love and Hate in a Torn America, arrives...