Start by marking “Wild Type” as Want to Read:
Wild Type

Wild Type

Lewis and Clark meets Eat, Pray, Love in this tale of one woman fighting to define herself on an expedition into uncharted land.

Thane may be the most lavish of all the Circled Kingdoms, but for a woman the city is a prison surrounded by a seventy-foot-high white wall. No rights, no education, and certainly no chance to leave.

Penns father knew this when he illegally
Published August 20th 2019 by Moondigar Press

To ask other readers questions about Wild Type, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Type

Start your review of Wild Type
Claudia
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fantasy story of a small kingdom, that is surrounded by a wall and no one is supposed to go outside of the wall, because it is unsafe. But Penn, inspired by the stories her father told her, wants to explore what is there and agrees to a bargain with the ruler in order to do so.
What she finds out is shocking and unsettling, and puts her father's death into a new light.
Well-written, a mix of adventure, self-discovery and romance, with an open end, that hints at a possible second book.
I received
Tori
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was really enjoyable. Throughout the story you follow a young womans adventure to break free of a life behind a wall, once she does she learns the biggest and most stressful lessons of her life. She is constantly torn between doing what she thinks is right and what her heart and mind are telling her is right.

At first I wasnt overly fond of the main character Penn, but eventually she grew on me. The President of her land is ridiculous and is the guy you should and will hate, her best
Michele
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A unique story of determination, adventure, betrayal, secrets, and coming into strength. Penn is on a quest to fulfill her late fathers dream, a dream they both shared, and he spent his life preparing her for. You get the feeling its set in a primitive time, but theres science and exploration. A ruler that is sly and uses fear to hold power to rule.

I found the story to be slow in the beginning as the author sets the foundation to the story, but the relevance pays off as you progress further into
Jamie Jack
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: p-2019, fantasy
I am not quite sure what to make of this book. It's kind of fantasy meets Indiana Jones. But the protagonist is an intelligent female in a society that does not value smart women. She is the daughter of the former top researcher in her land. The book was odd in that it seemed like it had some modern things, like microscopes, while other parts of it seemed somewhat primitive. The bulk of the book details a trip that she takes to the Farlands, a place her father always wanted to go but never did ...more
ERIN
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the book Wild Type very much. From the start, I was rooting for Penn, the daughter of one of her country's leading scientists. A smart, gutsy and bold individual stuck within a society that does not value women, she embarks on a journey that will defy the odds and expectations of everyone (including Penn's own).
Wild Type's prose are steeped in science, and the love of exploration and learning. As Penn delves deeper and deeper into the Farlands--the forbidden land outside of Thane's
Sharon
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have never read anything by this author before and so I wasnt quite sure what to expect and I can say that even after reading the book Im still not quite sure! The author uses a rich array of descriptive words to build her world and her characters. The story is intriguing and original. Its interesting to follow Penn as she goes against everything that her society expects of her so that she is able to follow her dream and what she considers to be her destiny and purpose.

I received a free copy
Tanya
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She is not allowed to learn as she is a girl but her father had other ideas and taught her so much. He wants her to go outside the walls to explore the nature out there. So on his death her he gets her to promise she will go. Will she goes outside the walls?.What will she find out there? Will it be all she expects? See if she goes

Suppafly
is currently reading it
Aug 23, 2019
Debby
Aug 27, 2019

• Deadly Game (GhostWalkers, #5)
  • Predatory Game (GhostWalkers, #6)
  • Murder Game (GhostWalkers, #7)
  • The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13)
  • The Fire Cat
  • Fisher-Price Good Morning Sun Board Book With Bonus Music CD
  • Officers Weep
  • Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, #4)
  • High in the Clouds
  • Peach Girl, Vol. 2 (Peach Girl, #2)
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • FLCL, Volume 1 (FLCL, #1)
  • Peach Girl: Change of Heart, Vol. 4 (Peach Girl, #12)
  • Peach Girl: Change of Heart, Vol. 3 (Peach Girl, #11)
  • Pop Manga Coloring Book: A Surreal Journey Through a Cute, Curious, Bizarre, and Beautiful World
  • Maybe Not (Maybe, #1.5)
  • Field Trip to the Moon