Start by marking “Taken by Storm (Dandies, Inc., #2)” as Want to Read:
Taken by Storm (Dandies, Inc., #2)

Taken by Storm

(Dandies, Inc. #2)

An #OwnVoices story.

Storm Danagger, aspiring fashion designer, only wants two things: to start his transition from female to male and to find a daddy. But who could possibly want a pup with the wrong body?

Photographer Ethan Atwood gave up dating after his last pup cruelly rejected both him and his work, but when he meets little Storm, he can't resist trying to pursue the s
Published March 19th 2020 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Taken by Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken by Storm

Start your review of Taken by Storm (Dandies, Inc., #2)
Badh
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I can't give this enough stars. I'm always saying representation matters, which it does, but even more, Own Voices is important. And this is an Own Voices story, and one that is so important.

I really enjoyed watching Storm's journey. We went from a point where he really hated his body to a point where he was much happier with himself and the way that he looked. It wasn't an easy journey for him, and it isn't one that should be brushed over. GR Lyons really put some things in this one that
Sarah Jones
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked on this story from the very beginning! It was emotional and sweet but not overly angsty. Storm's journey felt incredibly realistic and is written by an own voices author. I enjoyed watching him grow throughout the story and become more confident in himself. Daddy Ethan was so very patient and a grounding presence for Storm's growth. I want to know more about others in this series, but Gale's story would be very interesting. Would recommend.

Personal note for rereads: one chapter had
Karen Edwards
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Storm is the sweetest boy. I couldn't help but fall in love with him immediately. I loved following his journey as he came into himself and grew stronger page by page. Ethan is the sweetest Daddy ever. His patience and acceptance were off the charts fantastic. Puppy play isn't one of my favorite tropes but with Stormy, I couldn't help but smile and enjoyed every minute of it. This book is part of the Dandies Inc world and I do highly recommend reading them in order as the characters do cross ove ...more
Cassandra Brown-Perry
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved storm in the first book .and all extras. I feel in love first with kacey and his daddies and now it get all in the same book. Gr Lyons has me spoiled...I thought, then right at the end here comes Simon and his dom. Nothing was more perfect except I can't wait till the next story.
I was so proud how storm took the courage to be brave and say no this wasn't me I was born wrong. I feel so much. I get it. I get this.
Just well done ✔
Elouise East
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is emotional, but amazing. Even if you're not in Storm's position, you understand what he's going through because it's explained brilliantly. Ethan's character is considerate and patient. This is a fantastic addition to the series. ...more
Nanna Sander
Not necessarily a bad book, but it wasn't for me.

The story's main focus is Storm and his transition, so a lot a time passes within relatively few pages. That means that all other aspects become more shallow and superficial because the reader doesn't actually see relationships etc. evolve.
BookloverIAM
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a positive book and showed how a loving, caring, respectful relationship should look like. Ethan and Storms story is so positive and so moving. Well done!!!!
Emma Brown
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is so nice to read a book that shows the transition and dysphoria in a meaningful way. Storm is so shy yet so so strong. As for Ethan he’s able to see exactly who Storm is beneath all those layers. This book made me laugh and it made my cry. Easily my favorite by this author.
Amber
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!

I loved getting to read Taken by Storm by G.R. Lyons. I love reading books with a FTM trans character and getting to see them go through their transition and finally being happy. The author did a wonderful job with researching transitioning in this book. I also loved getting to see more of the characters from the Transitivity series. I can't wait to read more books by this author. I read this book using the Kindle Unlimited program.
Kathryn Manzella
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Taken by Storm is the second book in the Dandies, Inc series by GR Lyons. This story is amazing... emotional, sweet, sexy. I love Ethan and Srorm and their relationship. The story drew me in and held me. Loved it.
A.L. Miller
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! This was my first book about puppy play and I actually really enjoyed it and the relationship worked very well for both characters. It was very well written and flowed very well with very well written characters. The characters were very well rounded and realistic. Storm and Ethan were adorable together and their chemistry was off the charts. This is definitely a feel good read with very low angst. Storm does struggle with his image at the very beginning before beginning transiti ...more
Amanda Hobson, Ph.D.
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Y’all this book. I really have loved all the installments of the Dandies, Inc. series so far, but this book is just so good. Storm had me in tears several times throughout the book because Lyons writes him so brilliantly. Ethan is lovely and such a thoughtfully created character, who is figuring out how to be a good Daddy and handler to Storm. This book demonstrates 100% why we need #OwnVoice stories.
Jay
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
The only reason why I pressed on was because of the story of the ftm transgender protagonist, his sweet partner, and the sex scenes. For someone who had no idea of the types of kinks introduced it might put you off at the beginning like me, but after chapter 5 it starts to calm down and you dont feel like a fever dream. However if you're into the puppy, polygamy, gay relationships you'll like this book. If you're an ftm seeking a good book....ehhh....you might relate if you're in early transitio ...more
Nudlez
4* not my book. It takes place in a fantasy world, but there is ZERO world building. There is a preface that says for world building read book xy, but I expected at least a minimum on world building....
It felt very much like a story only about the transition of Storm with the author trying to build a story around, but it felt very forced. If you’re looking for a transition story with not much else, it’s maybe your book.
Ankita Singh
Beautiful journey

This own voices story depicted a beautiful, heart-wrenching journey and I cherished every moment of it. Storm and Ethan's story was equal parts adorable and heartbreaking, and I loved it. Now, I'm going to go back and read all the other Dandies Inc books.
Catherine
May 30, 2020
Shellie
Mar 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Slow Hand (Perfect Hands, #4)
  • A Home for Ben (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #3)
  • The Only Way to Love (The Mechanics of Love #2)
  • Pretty Baby (Daddy's Boy, #2)
  • An Egg for Ansel (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #2)
  • Healing Hand (Perfect Hands #5)
  • His Accidental Daddy
  • Four Letter Word (Love Logic, #2)
  • A Puppy for His Little (Collared by Love, #1)
  • Zander (Johnson Family Rules, #1)
  • A Pebble for Lewis (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #1)
  • End Scene
  • His Someone Special
  • A Mate for Lu (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #4)
  • Something About Loren
  • Ziggy (Kinky Boys #2)
  • Beautiful Dreamer (Secret Desires, #1)
  • Broken Daddy (Timberwood Cove, #9)
G.R. Lyons stumbled into writing as a form of trauma recovery when traditional therapy wasn't working.

Then the story ideas just kept on coming.

Pulling from a vivid imagination as well as real-life experience as a trans man, a sexual assault survivor, and a person living with mental illness, Lyons has written multiple, interconnected series set within his fictional world of the Shifting Isles.

When

Dandies, Inc. (2 books)
  • Dandies, Inc. (Dandies, Inc., #1)