Start by marking “Taken by Storm (Dandies, Inc., #2)” as Want to Read:
Taken by Storm (Dandies, Inc., #2)

Taken by Storm

(Dandies, Inc. #2)

An #OwnVoices story.

Storm Danagger, aspiring fashion designer, only wants two things: to start his transition from female to male and to find a daddy. But who could possibly want a pup with the wrong body?

Photographer Ethan Atwood gave up dating after his last pup cruelly rejected both him and his work, but when he meets little Storm, he can't resist trying to pursue the
Published March 19th 2020 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Taken by Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken by Storm

Start your review of Taken by Storm (Dandies, Inc., #2)
Badh
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I can't give this enough stars. I'm always saying representation matters, which it does, but even more, Own Voices is important. And this is an Own Voices story, and one that is so important.

I really enjoyed watching Storm's journey. We went from a point where he really hated his body to a point where he was much happier with himself and the way that he looked. It wasn't an easy journey for him, and it isn't one that should be brushed over. GR Lyons really put some things in this one that
Sarah Jones
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked on this story from the very beginning! It was emotional and sweet but not overly angsty. Storm's journey felt incredibly realistic and is written by an own voices author. I enjoyed watching him grow throughout the story and become more confident in himself. Daddy Ethan was so very patient and a grounding presence for Storm's growth. I want to know more about others in this series, but Gale's story would be very interesting. Would recommend.

Personal note for rereads: one chapter had
Karen Edwards
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Storm is the sweetest boy. I couldn't help but fall in love with him immediately. I loved following his journey as he came into himself and grew stronger page by page. Ethan is the sweetest Daddy ever. His patience and acceptance were off the charts fantastic. Puppy play isn't one of my favorite tropes but with Stormy, I couldn't help but smile and enjoyed every minute of it. This book is part of the Dandies Inc world and I do highly recommend reading them in order as the characters do cross ...more
Cassandra Brown-Perry
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved storm in the first book .and all extras. I feel in love first with kacey and his daddies and now it get all in the same book. Gr Lyons has me spoiled...I thought, then right at the end here comes Simon and his dom. Nothing was more perfect except I can't wait till the next story.
I was so proud how storm took the courage to be brave and say no this wasn't me I was born wrong. I feel so much. I get it. I get this.
Just well done ✔
Elouise East
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is emotional, but amazing. Even if you're not in Storm's position, you understand what he's going through because it's explained brilliantly. Ethan's character is considerate and patient. This is a fantastic addition to the series.
Nanna Sander
Not necessarily a bad book, but it wasn't for me.

The story's main focus is Storm and his transition, so a lot a time passes within relatively few pages. That means that all other aspects become more shallow and superficial because the reader doesn't actually see relationships etc. evolve.
ReneI
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a positive book and showed how a loving, caring, respectful relationship should look like. Ethan and Storms story is so positive and so moving. Well done!!!!
Emma Brown
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is so nice to read a book that shows the transition and dysphoria in a meaningful way. Storm is so shy yet so so strong. As for Ethan hes able to see exactly who Storm is beneath all those layers. This book made me laugh and it made my cry. Easily my favorite by this author. ...more
A.L. Miller
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! This was my first book about puppy play and I actually really enjoyed it and the relationship worked very well for both characters. It was very well written and flowed very well with very well written characters. The characters were very well rounded and realistic. Storm and Ethan were adorable together and their chemistry was off the charts. This is definitely a feel good read with very low angst. Storm does struggle with his image at the very beginning before beginning ...more
Amanda Hobson
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yall this book. I really have loved all the installments of the Dandies, Inc. series so far, but this book is just so good. Storm had me in tears several times throughout the book because Lyons writes him so brilliantly. Ethan is lovely and such a thoughtfully created character, who is figuring out how to be a good Daddy and handler to Storm. This book demonstrates 100% why we need #OwnVoice stories. ...more
Nudlez
4* not my book. It takes place in a fantasy world, but there is ZERO world building. There is a preface that says for world building read book xy, but I expected at least a minimum on world building....
It felt very much like a story only about the transition of Storm with the author trying to build a story around, but it felt very forced. If youre looking for a transition story with not much else, its maybe your book.
Catherine
Jodi
Mar 15, 2020
Paige
Mar 27, 2020

• Four Letter Word (Love Logic, #2)
  • Trust (Joey, #3)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Rules to Ignore (Davey's Rules, #7)
  • Making Rules (Davey's Rules #6)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Love Language
  • Unexpected (Inked, #3)
  • From Ashes (Heathens Ink #3)
  • His First Surrender (Stonewall Investigations Miami, #3)
  • Maddie (Hamilton's Heroes, #3)
  • Rules to Live By (The Lodge #1)
  • Power Play
  • To Have It All
  • Uncomplicated (Inked #2)
  • Flash Me (Heathens Ink #6)
  • Temptation (Breaking the Rules #2)
  • Leather Paddles
While daylighting as office manager for the family auto repair business, G.R. Lyons can often be found working on one of multiple manuscripts or desperately trying to keep up with the TBR pile.

Anarcho-capitalist, quietly 'out' trans guy, former belly dancer, coffee guzzler, highly-sensitive introvert, CrossFit enthusiast, and lover of m/m romantic fiction.

Dandies, Inc. (2 books)
  • Dandies, Inc. (Dandies, Inc., #1)

News & Interviews