Start by marking “Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #1)

Talk Dirty, Cowboy

(Dirty Cowboy #1)

Eight seconds to glory. One second to lose it all.

Bowen Barclay lived to ride bulls - until his single-minded focus cost his wife her life. Four years on, raising his son alone is the only thing hes getting right. His rodeo career is going down in flames and instead of dating, hes playing his kids video games.

Paisley Ackerly loves to sing. Loudly and offkey, but in the
Published (first published January 16th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Talk Dirty, Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talk Dirty, Cowboy

Start your review of Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #1)
Jolie Vines
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gawd. Can we just take a second to appreciate that hot AF cover then get down to brass tacks. Thorpe has a brand new series. It has hot cowboys with dirty mouths.
Stop the bus. This is my stop.
I was lucky enough to read an early copy of Talk Dirty, Cowboy, and I can't tell you how much I loved Bowen. He's a bullriding hard-bodied single dad who starts talking to single mum Paisley over their kids' computer game. It's romantic and sweet but behind closed doors? Man, can this guy give good
Kayla Brunson
This was my first book by this author so I wasnt really sure what to expect. I enjoyed Talk Dirty, Cowboy, but I didnt love it I thought I would. Im all for dirty talkers, cowboys, and single parent romances. So what went wrong for me? Mainly two things.

*Not of fan of when the main character has a dead spouse
*Had a couple of issues with the heroine

I dont know how I missed that Bowen had a dead wife in the synopsis, but I did and thats my fault. I was going to DNF this when I found that out but
LMR
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Elle Thorpe & Booksprout!
Come On... "Talk Dirty, Cowboy!"
Once Upon A Time, He had IT All...
Until Tragedy Struck & Snatched IT Away, leav'n Him a broken Single Dad~ Widowed!
Years Later... He's still trying to ReGain Professional ground.
He's also got duties at Home... With His kid!
Which how He meets a Singing Single Mom via a Game Console,
And strikes Up a FriendShip that's More than Friendly!
She's a Struggling Single Mom who Sings WAY OFF-Key...
Her kids hate the Sound, & beg for Silence Constantly!
But it's a
Amanda Steward
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
😍 4.5 🌟

Who doesnt love a dirty talker? Add in a single dad 🤤 and then a cowboy on top and its some swoon worthy reading! This was my first book by Ms. Thorpe and I cant wait to read more from her. Little fact no one knows about me my husbands cousins are JW and Cody Hart so Ive watched a lot of bull riding and heard lots of stories and I will say the author did a great job. Cant wait to see whats to come in the future of this series!! *This book was available on Kindle Unlimited at the time of
Jessica {Litnoob}
Once again Elle Thorpe helps me to fall in love, and twists my heart and just all around makes my heart hurt and ache in the best and worst ways.

Bull riding single dad with a working single mom who meet by chance through their sons and build a beautiful relationship? Yes please! Perfect amounts of sweet and sexy and sad and happy. As with all of her books this one just reads as so real. Genuine people going through genuine problems. And so much beautiful love that you cant help but root for
D.L. Gallie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally enjoyed this book, and that ending left me speechless
Elle knows how to suck you in, I loved each and every character, well not Jonathan he needs a junk punch, or to be stepped on by one of Bowens bulls
I cannot wait for more in this series...I love me a dirty cowboy and Elle delivers them ohh so dirty
Heather Dee
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg this book was bloody awesome ! I literally couldn't put it down I loved it ...
BUT that ending are u trying to kill me ???????
F#CK !!!!!!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS AUTHOR AND THIS BOOK ....
Barbara
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I simply adored this book. Its fun, exciting, romantic and just an all around great read. The author pulled me in from the very start with a well written 2nd second chance romance with characters I just fell in love with. Well except for Jonathan, he needed his head bopped on numerous occasions.

Paisley is a divorced, single mother of two who is struggling to make it. Bowen is a single father and a pro circuit Bull rider who is having his own personal struggles. They meet by chance when their
booksiflove
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book one in Elle Thorpes new Cowboy series!

Bowen is a bull rider for most of his life. Lost his wife a few years back and is a single dad now. He meets Paisley on TV through a webcam, as her son is playing online games with Bowens son.

Sweet and sexy story about two single parents who were not really looking for a new love, but stumbled upon it. I totally enjoyed reading this book and will definitely read the next one as well. Elle left us a sneak peek and lets just say she left us
Karen Sedgman
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed Talk Dirty Cowboy it was a fun and sexy read, with a real cowboy country romance feel! Loved Bowen & Paisley's journey! I loved all the characters, not so much Jonathan though! I do love reading Elle's stories they never disappoint! That ending WOW can't wait to see what happens in book2??
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bowen and Paisley are single parents in this delightful story. If you like cowboy romances, this one will have you rounding up your very own Bowen! This story has emotional twists and turns that will keep you cheering for this couple to make it to a happily ever after especially after their ordeals.

Sarah Fuller
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was my first book from this author and i enjoyed reading it and can honestly say i will read more
Kylee
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk Dirty Cowboy will definitely have you wanting to save a horse, or in this case maybe it should be a bull. Bowens dirty mouth will have your temperature peaking and your skin tingling. Paisley and Bowen are two people who are haunted by their pasts and are finding it hard to fight these demons. Theirs is a story that held me captive, made me smile, swoon and cry all at once. A book that stole my heart and had my pulse racing like a stampeding bull. As the country drawl of Bowen caresses your ...more
Lattes_n_literature
Talk Dirty? Yes, please

First off.. Holy moly. Im still reeling from that ending!

Okay, who knew cowboys and bull riding could be so sexy. Talk Dirty, Cowboy was such a unique fun read. I was completely drawn into the story with its wonderful cast of characters and great dialogue.

Bowen is a single dad who rides bulls for a living. Paisley is a single mom struggling to make ends meet. The two meet one night by accident through their sons gaming consoles, and the story takes off from there.

What
Amanda
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

I have been reviewing for Elle Thorpe since her debut novel, Only the Positive, and I am always satisfied with the stories she creates. When I saw she was starting a brand-new series I knew I needed it immediately. Talk Dirty, Cowboy is the start of a new series with bull riding cowboys and sizzling chemistry.

When widower Bowen Barclay is riding bulls and breaking records, he is raising his young son. He doesn't have time for dating and isn't much

Nancy Reads
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk Dirty, Cowboy is a wonderful story of two lonely souls finding love. I enjoyed the entire ride until the very end. As a bonus, since Bowen Barclay is a professional bull rider, you will learn so much about bull riding, that you never knew. Either the author knows a lot about bull riding or she really did her homework on the subject.

The story starts on a very sad note. Bowen Barley was at the top of his career as a professional bull rider. He had just had the ride of his life. He was number
Sian’s Reading Adventure
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk Dirty, Cowboy by Elle Thorpe
Dirty Cowboy #1

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Talk Dirty, Cowboy, and for that Im very grateful. Release Date is 16/01/2020!

I absolutely dont know what to say really other then this book was amazing and I loved it. I just want to write all about this book and tell you all my favourite parts but I really dont want to spoil it, so Ill stick with the basics.

This book is about a man named Bowen Barclays, who has ridden bulls for most of his life, and whilst
Angela's Book Addiction
Talk Dirty, Cowboy by Elle Thorpe is a contemporary, single parent, cowboy romance told in first person, dual POV.

Bowen Barclay is a rodeo bull rider and single parent of one. He lost his wife four years ago and blames himself for her death. He rides in her honor, motivated to win for her.

Paisley Ackerly is a delivery driver, nursing student, and divorced single parent of two struggling to take care of her family. She fell to pieces when her husband left and is working on getting her life
Brigitte
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW - Very rarely nowadays that I get to say that in the beginning of a book review!!! But WOW. This is a true Cowboy story with all kinds of twists and turns and follow up on the twists and turns. The story somehow just has a meaning and while reading, just wow again! If you are a wuss like me, this story is also about three tissues worth or even five... But what I love is the HEA and no cliffhanger, but an independent story that continuous in book number 2 ... With another set of main ...more
Louise  O
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Drop what you are doing and One-Click this book right away! Adulting thrown out the window I couldnt put it down.

Bowen is a single Dad who is still chasing the elusive title of Bull Riding Champion, chasing a dream that will somehow make him forgive himself for the past. When his son makes an online friend, he cant help but be drawn to his mother, Paisley; with their nightly gaming sessions they begin a friendship and when Bowen turns up on her door at the worst moment the lines start to blur.

Is
Andrea
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
SO much yes with this book! I loved every second of it even though at times I thought my heart was going to break into a million pieces. Paisley is a single mom to two and Bowen is a widowed father of one. I loved how these two meet! It was definitely a new one for me and it's totally cute. Their two boys bring them together in person and the rest is basically history. However it doesn't come easy. They both have their histories that make a new love difficult to accept. Then you add in Bowen's ...more
Britney Chavez
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We all know my love for cowboy romance books and Elle knows how to write some hot and steamy cowboys!

Elle is becoming a new favorite author to read! Her writing just sucks you into the characters world. It is the best.

She did not disappoint with Bowen and Paisley. I have to say the way they meet has to be one of my favorite things about this book! It is so different than anything I have read before but works out so great. It is super cute and sweet!

I just loved this book so much. The characters
Kari Hansen
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Although its been years Bowen is still living with the guilt and remorse he feels about the death of his wife. His entire life is focused on his career as a bull rider and his son and doesnt make the time or have energy for anything else until Paisley comes into his life under the most unlikely of circumstances.

Paisley has her hands full as she is a single mother to her two children, a student and struggles financially as her income is the only income in the home. She didnt expect that a little
Lynn Stifle
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First I just want to say look at that gorgeous cover! The inside is just as amazing as the outside. I'm a huge fan of this author's work and this book is no exception.

Bowen Barclay, is a bull rider and a single parent. Paisley Ackerly, is a divorced, single mother of two, and struggling to make ends meet. Bowen and Paisley meet one night through their son's gaming consoles through the TV webcam. So begins their late night talks and something they both looked forward to.

I absolutely loved Bowen
Pamela
Bowen is a single dad and rodeo man. He plays his sons video games which is how he meets Paisley. Paisley is busy raising her children and singing into her sons video game console unknowingly and Bowen hears it. The two end up chatting online, phoning and then meeting. The chemistry, dirty talk and sex makes for a great read along with all the fun banter. A good read.

I received a copy of this book and am leaving a review.
Sarah Lehman
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful single parents story, where both Bowen & Paisley meet through a gaming console after their sons are finished playing their game. Both come from very different worlds, Bowen is a cowboy who rides in the rodeo & Paisley works at a place making deliveries. I loved how they came together and supported each other & all of their kids. It was great to see how a friendship started by playing video games turned into so much more.
Lissanne Jones
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, there was so much I loved about this book. Bowen and Paisley were fantastic characters, and I just inhaled this book. Bowen was a sexy beast and I can't say I'd be unhappy to have him delivered to my doorstep. I loved watching their romance unfold. I highly recommend this book and can't wait to read the next two.
it.sgottabethebooks
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my fave by Elle Thorpe to date. Bowen is so damn swoon worthy. The way him and Paisley meet is the best. I seriously lold when she called him out for being a perverted animal! Omg! This story will have you laughing, swooning and Bowens dirty mouth is to die for! I highly recommend this book!! ...more
Jillian_J
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a new author for me, recommended by another. I absolutely loved this book!!

And holy mother of God!! The ending?! Wow! I will be waiting for the next form Elle!!
Vanessa Lawford
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to Come!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cowgirl Heart (The Dalton Boys #12)
  • Rebel Soul
  • Almost Perfect
  • Cold Hearted Love: A Small Town Sheriff Romance
  • Doughn't Let Me Go
  • Fresh Meet (Kings of the Water, #1)
  • Protecting His Cowgirl
  • Snowed in With the Rancher
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Tough and Tamed (Moon Ranch, #1)
  • Miss Understanding (Miss Series #1)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Dirty Headlines
  • Keeper
  • Codename Romeo (Rogues and Rescuers Book 1)
  • Saddle Up: A Ryker Ranch Romance
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
Elle Thorpe lives on the sunny east coast of Australia, about an hour out of Sydney. When she's not writing stories full of kissing and chemistry, she's a wife, and Mummy to three tiny humans. She's also official ball thrower to one slobbery dog named Rollo. Yes, she named a female dog after a male character on Vikings. Don't judge her. Elle is a complete and utter fangirl at heart, obsessing over ...more

Dirty Cowboy (3 books)
  • Ride Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #2)
  • Sexy Dirty Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #3)