Start by marking “Cinderella and the Cyanide: A Romantic Cozy Novella” as Want to Read:
Cinderella and the Cyanide: A Romantic Cozy Novella

Cinderella and the Cyanide: A Romantic Cozy Novella

(Fairy Tale Retelling Cozy Mystery #2)

To do: Scrub the floor, sew a dress, and solve a murder!

Cinda is a journalist with a crafty side hustle -- sewing dresses and selling them online. Despite her good work ethic, she's barely making ends meet. So when an opportunity to pick up a little extra work at a new hotel in town pops up, she can't say no!

A body turns up in the hotel kitchen, and Cinda realizes she's

To ask other readers questions about Cinderella and the Cyanide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinderella and the Cyanide

Start your review of Cinderella and the Cyanide: A Romantic Cozy Novella
Andrea Stoeckel
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I should have just taken the weekend off like I wanted to."

Cinda Rella got roped into working for her step mother and her two step sibs; which for her meant, as usual, doing all the work herself. She figured she'd take the job to help her cash flow, but little did she know she'd get wrapped up on a murder instead!

But will she survive to tell the tale? Will it end up "happily ever after"? Leave it to Author Amorette Anderson to rewrite the well known fairy tale , bring it up to date, and leave
Chad Barrus
What a wonderful treatment to my favorite Disney
movie!! Amorettes fertile imagination has crafted a sure fire winner for fans old and young who were delighted by this fairy tale!

Cinda is roped in to helping her stepmother clean rooms for a weekend when she only wanted to relax.
However, that weekend changes her entire life! Not only is she cleaning all the rooms by herself since her stepmother and her stepbrother and sister wont help
her but she over hears a conversation and later a woman dies.
Jill Anna  Freeman
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cinderella and the Cyanide - A Romantic Cozy Novella (Fairy Tale Retelling Cozy Mystery Book 2) by Amorette Anderson is a tale of one Cinda Rella who not only is a journalist...who also creates dresses for sale online...BUT also has a knack for amateur sleuthing ...or rather a knack for stumbling into mysteries that beg to be solved. This time its when she volunteers to assist her lazy family namely step-mother, step-sister and step-brother who run a cleaning business...who are pressed for time ...more
Diana Lindoff
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy Amorette Anderson's cozy little stories. I have read most of the Hillcrest Witch Mysteries and enjoyed each one. CINDERELLA AND THE CYANIDE may be different, but it's just as fun and entertaining. You will find the writing and the characters wonderful and the plot flows smoothly along. Elements of the original fairy tale are neatly woven in to the book along with a murder mystery to be solved by our heroine.

Cinda Rella works for a newspaper and designs and sells dresses online
Saundra Wright
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of fairy tale retellings but this is the first that is a cozy mystery series for me. It is lightweight and fun with a romantically happy ending. Just right for a happy evening of reading!

Cinda is happy with her life as a journalist on the real estate pages of her local paper. On the side she has started a creative business designing, making and selling dresses online. She isnt cut out for a life of adventure.

Unfortunately, adventure is exactly what shes in for as she
Penny Hickman
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story of Cinderella is quite different from the original story. Cinderella is a journalist by day and makes dresses and sells them by night. Her step-mother, step-sister and step-brother run a cleaning business, and constantly rope Cinderella into giving up her spare time to help them. At least this time she can kill two birds with one stone, as the hotel that needs cleaned has some rooms, that she needs to write an article on for her paper. Of course things don't always go as planned, and ...more
Monina
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cinderella and the Cyanide: A Romantic Cozy Novella (Fairy Tale Retelling Cozy Mystery Book 2) by Amorette Anderson.

I received a free copy of this book via author and am voluntarily leaving a review.

I normally don't read retelling of fairy tales, but being this one by Amorette Anderson and an ARC, and also loving the way she writes, I read it.
Once again she has proven she's an excellent writer. If I had not know the story of Cinderella, I would have preferred this one to the original one.
I got
Monica
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a different modern take on Cinderella. The book is a quick read. There is more of a cozy mystery to this book then romance but it's still all good and fun to read. Cinde gets roped into helping her stepmother clean a new hotel. When she helps her a body turns up and she wants to know what happened and to save some people. This is a love at first sight meets cozy mystery with the the feel of Cinderella all rolled into one. It's a fun, quick read that you will love if you like anything to ...more
Disney14604
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, arc, books
Cinderella with a much more modern twist.
Author has done a wonderful job creating a mystery from a fairy tale.

Will see hints of Cinderella story, we all know. I love the mystery aspect of the story.

Can you figure out who it is? I did not guess till near the end.

Great cozy mystery. Read it in one day. Definitely standalone.

Need to go read the Snow White story. I want to get caught up with this new series. Note each one is its own story.

This is my honest and freely given review. I did receive an
Barb Foerst
Shelves: mystery
Cinda Rella is a journalist with an online dress making company. Her step-mother owns a cleaning company and frequently ropes Cinda in for help. Cinda agrees to spend her weekend cleaning the hotel along with her lazy step-sister and step-brother. While cleaning, Cinda overhears what sounds like a plot to kill someone. When a helper in the kitchen soon turns up dead, Cinda cant let it go.

This is an enjoyable quick read with a new take on an old fairy tale. Relax and enjoy!
Carla
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I usually stick to reading paranormal or fantasy books, but every now and then, Ill venture out and try something new. This book had me hook immediately. I literally read this book in around 3 hours because I just couldnt put it down. Oh, and because it was sooo good too!!! It was an easy read, especially if youre at home and want to read a fun mystery book. Its not too long and not too short; it was jusstt right! ...more
Sandy Van domelen
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As an ARC reader, I was once again privileged to read one of Amorette's books. I'm a true fan and as with every other book she's written, this is a real winner! I love how she interweaves the original fairytale into the storyline. It's both fascinating and definitely intriguing! Her characters are fun and easy to associate with. I definitely would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a great read.

PS If you are like me, once you begin reading you can't put the book down!
Marcie Rostosky
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second of the series and it is great. Amorette has done it again. The writing is magnificent, the characters are whole and the plot is flowing. Cinder wants a weekend for herself but gets roped in to work for her stepmother's business. There she gets involved in a murder investigation. Well if you expected any spoilers, you are not getting any from me!!! Read the book!!! Thank you
Kim Loomer
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The twist on this story I thought was fabulous! Cinda is a journalist and on the side she makes dresses for her online company and occasionally she works for her stepmother's cleaning business which is did this weekend as she just couldn't say NO. She gets caught up in a murder at a new hotel opening and the story takes off and I couldn't put the book down until I was finished. Great read!
Marci
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow. Amorette has done it once again. This book is so good, you will not be able to put it down. I love that Sara White makes an appearance to help Cinder try and solve the murder. The twists and turns, and just when you think you have it figured out....BAM! Another twist! I absolutely loved this book.
Carol Krout
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. Wow!! I'm very impressed with the way this updated version of a fairy tale is written. You have Cinda Rella, you have a hotel called the Palace. It's wonderfully modernized for it's readers. It's a great murder mystery. It kept me guessing who did it
I highly recommend this second book in the series.
Crystal
I am on Amorette Anderson's ARC team and when I read this book, I found it action packed, easy to read and just when you think you know who did it you don't.
Who's killed?, who did it? Guess you'll have to read the book to find out. Book is easy to read, action packed and suspenseful. I highly recommend the book.
Kat Taylor
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kat by: I was giftted o copy to review and really enjoyed it.
A wanderfull retelling from an older classic made for us adults .Full of fun loving caracters with the inevitable evil caracter trying to make trubble but Cinderella tends to get in the middle of things. Aquier a copy of "Cinderella and Cyanide "so you yourself can enjoy reading it as much as I have. 😊😊 Kat
Angel Ballard
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A clever remake of the Cinderella story.
Adapted to present day and cleverly twisted to create a fast-paced story of the original Cinderella. The lead character steps up to the plate and relentlessly searches for the killer in this whodunit that will keep you guessing to the end! Well played Ms. Anderson! You nailed it!
Nadine
Shelves: favorites
Amazing!

I was expecting a wonderful fairy tale retelling cozy mystery. What I got was an AH-MA-ZING fairy tale retelling cozy mystery. Its a novella, so its a quick read, but I wasnt able to put it down. I dont have anything negative to say whatsoever. I enjoyed this book immensely and am already looking forward to reading more!
Kathy
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was not really my cup of tea but it was a good read. The mystery was good and gave you options. The characters were a little one dimensional but it was a fairly quick read too. It was a cute modern day Cinderella story. Ms. Anderson does a good job working out the angles.
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Michelle
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was SUCH a cute and action-packed story! I love fairytale retellings, and this one sure packs a punch! Its an easy read, full of intrigue and mystery and the perfect touch of romance. I highly recommend it!

Thanks to the author for an advanced copy of the book. Im voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Berit Heinrichsen
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amorette Anaderson is already a favorite author of mine because of her Hillcrest Witch Mystery series - do yourself a favor and read them - and this series is just as delightful! The twist of the stories having a nodding acquaintance to my childhood stories is an added delight! The heroines name is Cinda Rella - need I say more. I can hardly wait for the third story! ...more
Pam Morarre
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book as an ARC reader in return for an honest review. I am happy to do these ARC reviews for Amorette, because I really enjoy her books. This one is the second in her updated fairy tale series. It is a cozy mystery where Cinda Rella is a real estate writer for her local newspaper, but also gets regularly sucked in by her step mother for step-mom's cleaning business. The step siblings are one each of a male and female, and while Cinda (who doesn't even really work ...more
Sylvie
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this this series and, to my opinon, the best! I enjoyed the story, the characters and the mystery. It was an easy read and helped to relax and the end of the day.

I received this book as part of an ARC team and this is my honest review.
Michelle
Shelves: 2020-reads
This is the second of Amorette Anderson's fairy tale re-tellings. I enjoyed this one as much as the first one. It is nice to see the fairy tales spun so that the "princess" is the strong one who saves the day. There's a nice little mystery too.
Debbiebooknerdyoung
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this reselling of the classic fairytale. Cinda Rella works for a newspaper, and has a side job as a dress designer. Follow along as she solves the crime and debuts her curtain dress hahaha. A fun read :)
Darla Abney-Cox
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As the second book in this series, it is no less than equal to the first in reading enjoyment. Ms. Anderson continues to write cozy mysteries with interesting characters and storylines. I love her Hillcrest Witches series from Book 0 to Book 13 and this series promises to deliver the same amount of entertainment. I'm looking forward to the next one!
Anne-Marie
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A cozy mystery with a popular fairy tale twist.
Wow I really enjoyed the authors twist on a fairy tale. There are so many out there now
I found the book easy to read, kept my interest and realized I finished it one sitting
I really enjoyed the characters and how the author tried to utilize parts of the story line of Cinderella but with her own spin...
If you like cozy mysteries you will like this one for sure...
Great for all ages
Eunice
Mar 22, 2020

• Game of Tarts (Sweet Shop #2)
  • Angel in Demise (Mystic's End #2)
  • Orchestrated Murder (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #17)
  • Croakies Monster (Enchanting Inquiries #7)
  • Charms and Firearms (Mitzy Moon #5)
  • Mystic Guests (Mystic's End #1)
  • Curses and Candy Canes: A Paranormal Mystery Christmas Anthology
  • Magic and Missives (Blackwood Bay Witches Paranormal Cozy Mystery Book 6)
  • Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #10)
  • Milk & Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #6)
  • Crystals and Criminals (Magic & Mystery #8)
  • Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • Writing Wrongs (Crow's Feet Coven #1)
  • The Marriage Pact: A Billionaire Romance
  • Dangerous Games
  • Hard Limits (The Black Combe Doms Book 3)
  • Rivalry: A Common Elements Romance Project Novel
  • The Killer Knight and the Murderous Chairleg (Point Muse, #1)

Fairy Tale Retelling Cozy Mystery (2 books)
  • Snow White and the Seven Murders: A Romantic Cozy Novella (Fairy Tale Retelling Cozy Mystery Book 1)