Start by marking “A Thin Line” as Want to Read:
A Thin Line

Read Book* *Different edition

A Thin Line

Angie Blake and Preston Reid are oil and water, fire and ice. Whether it's in the courtroom, where they're always in opposition, or in their personal lives, they don't mix.

Nearly two decades have passed since they were high school sweethearts and split in an emotional firestorm, but their best friends are dating, and now engaged so they haven't had a moment's peace from e
Kindle Edition, Second Edition
Published March 2020 by Books by DL White (first published January 2016)

To ask other readers questions about A Thin Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thin Line

Bully by Penelope DouglasThe Hating Game by Sally  ThorneThe Deal by Elle KennedyObsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutWallbanger by Alice Clayton
Best enemies to lovers
672 books — 2,152 voters
Maneater by Mary B. MorrisonBuried Secrets by S.K. HardyMaterial Girl by Keisha ErvinTorn by Keisha ErvinTwisted Obsessions by S.K. Hardy
Black Love
174 books — 49 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of A Thin Line
Read In Colour
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was so good I stayed up until 1 a.m. trying to finish it.
MsKingsPens
No Rating. Once I realized the author was trying to pull off a "big misunderstanding" between people who were around each other frequently for nearly 20 years, I couldn't make myself take Angie or Preston seriously. It just wasn't real. So I skipped and skimmed, lol.

Angie was openly hostile and it just seemed OTT. I understood her seeing him differently/ dropping him when they were in school. Sex between friends is always messy, but your first lover? Sheesh. I kept reading reviews saying she sho
Coco.V
Oct 07, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (10/7/18)!💝

Blurb:
Lovers to Enemies… to Lovers?

After an emotional breakup way too far in the past, Preston Reid and Angie Campbell would be happy to never see or speak to each other again. But that’ll never happen as long they’re constantly arguing opposite sides of the same cases in court. And as long as their best friends are dating.

And now getting married.

The kicker? Their friends want Angie and Preston to plan their destination wedding. As Best Man and Maid of Honor, the
Kim DW
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read a few books by this author and her stories are diamonds undiscovered. I enjoyed this story about Angie and Preston. I loved the longevity of their relationship that went from childhood to adulthood, and from good to bad to good again. The flashbacks to their adolescent stage gave me a glimpse of the past and help me to vision how their relationship evolved into the present. The hero was at times a jerk and I really didn’t know if I would like him by the end of the book. But the autho ...more
Candy
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book other than I LOVE IT. Angie & Preston are friends turned lovers turned mortal enemies...at least that's how Angie sees it. She's been nursing (and feeding) a 20 years' long grudge against him and would be content to hold on to it for another 20--until their best friends work together to try & force them to forgive & forget.

This story is at turns hysterical, tender, sweet, heartbreaking, and scorchingly sexy. I completely fell in love with the characters (even Angi
Amiee
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started reading this book, I wasn't sure I would like it. I thought the premise of the wedding planning was too far fetched...but somewhere along the way, it worked and I was rooting for Angie and Preston!

I tend to stay away from romance novels but I genuinely enjoyed this story! It made me smile. DL wrote relatable characters; you either have a friend like them or your are them!

Another great story from this author!
Carolyn
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Tight Story

A thin line between love and pretending to hate is the best way to describe this story. Preston and the love of his life ex girlfriend and best friend from elementary Angie, were forced into planning their best friends destination wedding. While planning the wedding the happy couple schemes and hopes that if Preston and Angie spend quality time together they will find HEA.... A superb story!
Karen
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is funny, and romantic, and sexy as hell! Angie and Preston will keep you on the edge of your seat and make you neglect all the things you are supposed to be doing. Their banter and chemistry is so well written and and realistic that I found myself blushing, and laughing, and sighing and rooting for them to win.
Mia Morgan
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

I so enjoyed this book. It was a great read. A page TURNER for sure. I couldn't put it down. Angie and Preston worked my nerves, especially Angie. It all worked out, thanks to some good friends.
Tameca Boyce
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed this read!

Ms White did a wonderful job with this book. Friends to enemies to friends again was a new twist. I recommend this read immensely!
LaKisha Fouche
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it

Really good story. There were many times I wished I could slap some sense into Angie. Although there are a few errors I enjoyed it.
Delmeer
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So good!!!

Love this story. Preston is a trip but definitely a charming guy. Great read for these lockdown times. Keep em comin
Turtleberry
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite

This is my favorite by DL White so far. I seriously enjoyed Preston and Angie. The story was great. Their friends though...
Mad I waited so long to read it. The romance was outstanding. Didn't think I could love an asshole character so much!
Kira Gold
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-stuff
Read this on a long overseas layover. Hot and fun and sweet--the beginning was deliciously angsty.
The_Book_Queen
Currently FREE (02/19) http://amzn.to/2FfZXKN ...more
Lindaisa
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the enemies to lovers trope...I didn’t realize how much I would enjoy the lovers, to enemies, to lovers trope. This book was SO sweet. Buttercup from Powerpuff girls sweet. Swedish Fish chewy candy sweet. Rot your teeth with one bite sweet. And not in a cheesy, unrealistic, all is bliss, rainbows and candy canes way either.

Angie and Preston are childhood friends turned lovers. They spent most of their time in high school wrapped up in each others space and lives, planning their future to
Audra
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steamy love scenes? Yup. Drama? Yup. Lovers to mortal enemies for 20 years. How does THAT happen??

This book will give you all of the feelings. I laughed, choked back tears, wanted to punch Preston dead in his chest -- multiple times-- and yet also just wanted to hug him.

If you need an escape from reality for a while and need a book that take your mind off your troubles, A Thin Line is just what you need.

Preston and Evangeline (Angie) started off as childhood friends who grew into a high school
Sarah Reid
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was great. This book really takes you through a gamut of emotions. In parts, you hate the main character for being so stubborn and not seeing what's right in front of her - in parts you are totally cheering her on for being totally right about everything.

I found this so easy to relate to on so many levels and some parts of it really hit close to home - this book really takes you on a journey with the characters!!!

DL White is one of my favourite authors and this is very different from her ot
C M Isom
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

High School Lovers vs. Grown Up Enemies
This story was a read I highly recommend. Angie and Prescott story starts as young love. The authors paints a story that has you struggling with Angie and at times I just wanted to shake her...Really??? She was a bit frustrating but I understood. Read this, I am going back for a second read today.
Sonia
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I honestly thought Angie was going to physically harm Preston

This a cautionary tale of what can happen when past hurts aren't addressed in a healthy manner. I loved their banter, but I also sided with Angie in the reason she stopped dealing with Preston. Did it need to carry on so long? Absolutely not, but it takes two to keep a battle going.
Ruthie Lenor
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved every word

The tension between Angie and Preston was so authentic. Once the reason behind the tension and anger was revealed, I understood Angie so much more, but also Preston's persistents. I really enjoyed the journey that this story took me on. The laughter and the tears that I shed while reading this book were absolutely worth it.
Marshall Thompson
Angie and Preston relationship is A Thin Line Between Love and Hate! As we know love conquers all with a Little help from the ppl that love you 😍! This was cute and sassy... a woman’s dream! Another five 🌟!
Kim Outlaw
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
sweet reuniting

It's hard to read about two people disliking each other to the degree these two disliked one another. But if, then how of this couple was quite enjoyable.
Tina McDonald
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rekindled Love

Great characters and a great second chance at love story...It's truly a thin line between love and hate...Love wins hands down...
Tasha
I have an issue of downloading books to my Kindle then apparently forgetting about them until I randomly look through my library for something to read when I'm between series. A Thin Line is what I like to call a pleasant surprise and I'm really glad I read it. This story follows Angie and Preston and their almost inevitable reconciliation. They were childhood friends, eventually becoming high school sweethearts until certain events split them up for the next 20 or so years.

Angie: I found Angie
Lisa Tetting
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. This book is the story of young Love goes wrong and then finds its way back again.

Angie and Preston, along with best friends Morgan and Nate, grew up on the same street together. They paired off as couples early on in life and remained friends into adulthood. The story is told from Angie's POV and it is a doozie.

When Angie and Preston were in their senior year of high school, she found out that things were not as they seemed. Thinking they were both virgins before sleeping together s
Denise S
Mar 06, 2021 rated it liked it
This was a slow one for me. I found myself not really liking Evangeline/Angie in the beginning. She grew on me, but it was rough for a while. I will say this was realistic and I liked the positive endings. I liked how she and Preston realized that they still had to work on their communication (re: New Year's Eve) and not revert back to old habits of getting under each other's skin. ...more
Lauren Dodson
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

Friends, lovers,enemies, to lovers again.
A well written book. Although I had a slight issue with the 18 year grudge with no seemingly real weight to it. Aside from that a very well written story that transports you into the story as if you're really there.
martha fountain
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally after twenty years Angie and Preston recommitted to each other. To hold a grudge that long is definitely not healthy. Preston can definitely be one of my book bae because of his confidence and swag. Totally untouchable. I enjoyed it.
Doris
Oct 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
Too long

Too long and repetitive. Boring. Could have gotten to the point in less chapters. I would recommend this book to readers.

• Adore You (Accidentally in Love, #1)
  • I Think I Might Need You (Love Sisters, #2)
  • I Think I Might Love You (Love Sisters, #1)
  • Maybe This Time (Vegas Nights, #2)
  • Maybe Next Time (Vegas Nights, #1)
  • Me + Somebody's Son: A Heights Story
  • Displacement: A Building 402 Novella
  • I Think I Might Want You (Love Sisters, #3)
  • Loving Man
  • Adjacent: A Building 402 Novella
  • Behind The Scenes
  • Release Some Tension
  • The Real Deal
  • Smitten (Accidentally in Love, #2)
  • Oops! (Oops!, #1)
  • Replacement: A Building 402 Novella
  • Run It Back: A Collection of Second Chance Shorts
  • Love at First Spite (The Spite Series, #1)
DL White is an Atlanta based author of women's fiction and romance, centering Black men and women. She began seriously pursuing a writing career in 2011.

She has a deep and abiding love for coffee and Sunday Brunch, especially on a patio, but her true obsession is water— lakes, rivers, oceans, waterfalls.

By day she is an Executive Administrative Assistant for a billion dollar beverage brand. By ni