Start by marking “Let Me (Vengeful, #1)” as Want to Read:
Let Me (Vengeful, #1)

Let Me

(Vengeful #1)

“Let me,” he says, voice low, his hand running up my thigh.
“You hate me,” I whisper, knees trembling.
He smiles against my throat. “I don’t need to love you for this, Riley. Let me.”

Love and hate are merely two sides of the same coin. And I hate Riley Larson.
She's responsible for my little brother's death. She played us both, all those years ago. And she drove him to the e
Published September 3rd 2019 by K.V. Rose

To ask other readers questions about Let Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Me

Start your review of Let Me (Vengeful, #1)
Dilek VT
Sep 12, 2019 marked it as dnf
I have read like 50 pages or so and then from a review I read, I learnt that there is going to be an MFM scene and I lost my enthusiasm to continue the book. A man who shares his woman is no man for me; I cannot see him as my hero in a romance novel.
Jeeves Reads Romance
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well that was quite possibly the darkest and dirtiest book I’ve ever read. I know this is billed as a dark romance, but there’s dark and then there’s DARK. The writing itself is actually great, so it jumped from one to five stars repeatedly throughout the story for me, but ultimately it was just not what I was hoping for. For one thing, there’s no actual “romance.” This is a guy, Caden, who fell in love with his brother’s girlfriend and can’t seem to stay away from her even though he now hates a ...more
Amara
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Had to read it!

I am a huge fan of K.V. Rose's Unsainted series, so I had to read this! I am also a huge fan of dark romance and RH, so since I heard this has MFM, well more reasons.

The story drew me in and I wanted to understand the characters motivations. I am not sure what actually happened to Rolland. Did I skip something somehow? I even went back and re-read the last 10% but can't figure it out. So, I guess the story continues in the next book?

I am really excited for the next book in this se
S08H (Morelli)
DNF
If a female has only male friends=red flag. I’m so over authors creating female characters who have every Tom,Dick and Harry ‘falling for them’ when said female characters are shitty. I’m sick of shit for brains male characters. He seems so juvenile. It’s so dramatic. There’s no real feelings so the notion that the author is trying to push the idea of ‘betrayal’ and angst falls flat. This is soooo long winded with no substance. Why did they feel like they ‘connected?’ What entwines them? Lite
Kim Whitehead
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! My first experience with this author and even though I was somewhat confused at first, I quickly caught on and was speechless! Secrets and lies are told and finally revealed! A slow burn but oh so good! Devoured it!! Awesome book!!
kristy ☻
May 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: twostars
Kira
Caden blames Riley for his brother's death. Caden's dad has leverage on Riley, which he uses to keep her quiet about what really happened. Caden and his friend Benji want to get revenge. Their reasons for wanting revenge are dumb. They act like she was actively involved in Jack's death when in reality she was loosely involved.

Riley let Caden treat her like shit, so his dad wouldn't expose the info he had. The dad was creepy. Based on how she acted, I figured he had something good on her, but I
Treasa
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An INTENSE Page Turner!
Well written with an easy flowing storyline with excitement at every turn that kept me captivated throughout this amazing suspense filled read. An endless flow of twists and turns that kept me needing to turn the pages. A myriad of emotions and amazing hot chemistry. I enjoyed this read and gladly recommend.
Deb
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author clearly protrayed the hateful nature of some of the characters in this book. The anger, hate and jealousy jumped off the pages as each scene was read. The mystery surrounding the events that led to their strained interactions is revealed slowly over most of the book. The author kept the suspense going while creating a longing for them to be free of the evil in their lives and possibly for them to be together but only if they can let go of the past. Great storytelling
Ri
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it

I liked the premise of this story but struggled with parts of the motivations. I was lost at the characters and the back and forth but was intrigued enough to want to figure out what was happenings he blackmail seemed a bit extreme and easily explained so I'm lost as to why it had the power that it did.
Miss
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Let me (Vengeful #1) 4✨

Caden hates Riley because of what she did to his brother and can’t wait to get revenge on her.
Riley has secrets that run deep into her core but can she stay the villain in Caden’s story to save him from the truth?

This was was such an intriguing read i loved everything about Riley and her selfness and her sacrifice. everything she was going through and her pain was so well portrayed but also was her courage.
Caden is an asshole but you can’t help but love him and feel f
Jemailyn
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was ok

The problem I had with this book was not the sexual acts... Okay, I lied. At some point, it did disturb me a bit. My reading experience in dark romance genre is still diminutive, but I try to keep a broad understanding and minimize my judgment. Otherwise, I won't be able to widen my bookish world and my enjoyment in reading.

Anyway, as I have mentioned, the main problem(s) I had with this book were Caden and Riley. I didn't understand Caden's hatred towards Riley. I mean, sure, everyone initial
Zoe-Amelia Harris
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just cannot express how much love I have for KV and her books.. each one just comes alive and takes you on a journey you didn't even realise you needed to go on

This books is full of secrets so I spent 50% of this books figuring out what was going on, because true to KV style she likes to keep us in the dark (see what I did there 🤣)

Then I spent the next 30% going 'okay yeah I know what's going on, I know what's going to happen, I'll bet my life on my theory..'

Then I spent the last 20% going 'th
Mojo_Mama
3.5 stars...takes place over the space of a week. A bit bully, a bit more just rough sex in a threesome with the H’s BBF...you know the H of the next book. (*eye-roll*). I don’t care about angsty shit. I. LOVE. IT. I’m just not a fan of MFM if one of the M’s is gonna be the H in another book. It squicks me. Sorry, #HardLimit

ESPECIALLY, if I have to hear about it ad nauseam in his book :/

This felt like a fast read. It’s good, not as good as Ecstasy by same author. Check that one out for sure.

On
Lorrie
Interesting and extremely addictive; however, I'm having trouble connecting with Riley. She doesn't seem to have much of a personality and I don't understand why she kept the secret. It just doesn't make sense to me. Can't say I care for Caden or Benii either, yet here I am, eager to read book 2. Go figure.
mahana
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it
tws: domestic abuse (specifically emotional abuse), graphic sexual assault

*not a tw, but don't read if you're one of those people who can't stand threesome scenes for some reason
Bunnycore
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
°。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。
4 Vengeful stars.
°。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。

Let's begin

The Good

I love a good bully romance and this is what this was for the most part. It was disclaimed as a dark romance but I didn't see that in this book. Maybe I am just desensitized heh.

This in not so many words was a Bully romance, You have Riley who was used as a doormat to her boyfriend all through high school. Maybe she loved it, maybe she wanted something else. Who really knew right? She stayed, and really it wasn'
Valentina
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting story, lots of sexual tension with the promise of being dark but never truly being meted out by the hero, always too remorseful to follow through. In some ways the book, at least the underlying problem the heroine was punishing herself for was unnecessarily drawn out, unrealistic and in the end, childish, silly reasoning. As a matter of fact, the hero was portrayed younger than his true years. The character’s development lacked age and experience maturity for the lifestyle he maintai ...more
Jen
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and will not be the last. I enjoy a really good dark romance story and this one will take you to that line that you may think you have and even possibly push it out a little further. In this book we have anger, grief, revenge, hatred, blame and just about anything else that can come from a brother who has lost his younger brother and blames his brother's girlfriend for the whole ordeal. If that isn't enough there is an attraction between Caden an ...more
poppy
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a super read this was it is the first book in the series and I picked it up thinking I would read for ten minutes before bed but I quickly became hooked and could not put it down. This is a good dark read full of twist and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat I would definitely recommend it
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whattttt

On this green earth did I just read? Holy twists and turns, Batman!
The backstory behind Caden and Riley, the addition of Benji, her background with the family.
So many bumps on their rollercoaster ride, and I am here for it!
I cannot wait to read Benji’s story.
This is a new author for me, but I think she’ll be a favorite in no time at all!
Maja
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This was one strong and dark read. Interesting story. It was my first book from this author and it pulls you in right from the start. I recommend this book. Will read more.

Russio
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: a
I was really looking forward to reading this book especially after reading the other reviews of how dark it was. I was extremely disappointed. I felt that some chapters could have been cut. The ending felt rushed and a bit unrealistic.
Christy Warthen
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full of angst and drama with lots of push/ pull that finally came to a head with a great HEA.

I voluntarily read an advanced copy.
Elyse Roman
Aug 31, 2020 rated it liked it
My rating may be a 3/5 but that does NOT mean this wasn't good. K.V.'s writing is outstanding as usual, and her characters are the kind you can love and hate at the same time.
I think my issue was more personal, because I started my journey a few months ago with K.V. when I read These Monstrous Ties, finished with Boy of Ruin, moved on to Ecstasy and then finished off with Unorthodox before making my way over to 'Let Me'. The Unsainted series was dark. Darker than anything I've ever read before
Bookiechick  Reviews
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you want a roller coaster look no further!

Damn it k.v you have wrecked me once again!!!

Where do I even begin?

Perfection. Absolute utter perfection.

Diving into this book I’m honestly not ashamed to say it wasn’t what I was expecting at all. The first book by k.v I read was super dark so this? Even though it was still intense and heavy it still surprised me. Not sure why but it did.

I have been in a book slump so when I dove into this? Let’s say I didn’t know it was this I had been craving! The
ROMBookTalk
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LET ME REVIEW:
5 ⭐️

KV Rose never disappoints me. Her storytelling is dark, twisted, madenning, but you always take the bait and get hooked right away. With this tale as old as time, vengeance, she keeps you hanging in your seats by showing a little bit of it at a time going from the present to the past. The lead characters are dark, f••ked up, and messy as hell, and I loved every minute of it.

The supporting characters shine just as much as the leads in the story. I went through the ringer with t
Mickey
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
It is no secret that I have a deep deep love for KV Rose. This being her first release, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it as I read through her backlist.

The raw tension was addicting. The anger, hatred, and self-loathing was overpowering and was a driving force for the conflict between characters. Let Me was full of emotion, deep-seated hatred, and an intense connection between Riley and Caden.

I love the development between each character and their own personal growth as they circle one anot
Lozz
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Consequences of people actions, Lies & Betrayal,

I knew from the first chapter how this book was going to pan out but I stayed for the ride anyway.
Finished it in two days.
A fathers betrayal of trust, (Rolland)
A brothers (alleged) suicide. (Jack)
The damaged girlfriend he left behind. (Riley)
The same girl that became your obsession.
A mother in denial.
A friend with a criminal past, who knows the true meaning of friendship. (Benji)
These are all the issues facing Caden Virani as he navigates his wa
Christina Griner
Jul 10, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. First off this is a dark romance, it's got some trigger warning that go with it. I was not expecting it to be as dark as it was, and me enjoy reading the whole book in one sitting. I've already downloaded the next book, I can't wait to see where it goes from here. If you are sensitive to how despicable humans can be to one another, please don't read.

• Fated
  • Descent
  • Vibe
  • Periculum (Devil's Playground #1)
  • The Dare
  • Sicko
  • Aftereffect (The Order of Ravens and Wolves Book 1)
  • Why Are You Here? (Love Kills #1)
  • Truth (Scandals of Banner-Hill #1)
  • The Kiss Game (Twisted Games #1)
  • Den of Vipers
  • Heartbreak Prince (Broken Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Vicious
  • See No Evil (The Society #1)
  • The Butcher of the Bay: Part II (Mounts Bay Saga #2)
  • Truly
  • Aggro
  • Mangled Minds (The Harkwright Trilogy Book 2)
KV is an author of dark romance. She's a little depraved and hates writing about herself in third person and will stop immediately.

Phew.

I enjoy copious amounts of coffee, long walks through cemeteries, and listening to music every waking hour. I believe in ghosts, being as weird as humanly possible, and getting possessed by my own characters.

Stalk me!
instagram.com/authorkvrose
facebook.com/author

Vengeful (2 books)
  • Break Me (Vengeful, #2)