Start by marking “Virgin Territory: Stories from the Road to Womanhood” as Want to Read:
Virgin Territory: Stories from the Road to Womanhood

Virgin Territory: Stories from the Road to Womanhood

2.89  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
From Barbies to Bras to Botox . . .

Of course you remember your first period, but what about the first time you donned a suit and a pair of sensible pumps for a job interview? How about the first time you were catcalled while walking down the street? The first time you said something that sounded just like it came out of your mother’s mouth? Do you remember the first time y
Published February 24th 2004 by Three Rivers Press

To ask other readers questions about Virgin Territory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virgin Territory

Jayme Drain
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
 This book was fantastic! It was a humorous, and realistic and it felt like the people telling their stories were close to you by the way they were so open about everything. There were really no negatives about this book in my opinion. The only thing I can think of that isn't as positive is that the audience is sexist, but that is unintentional. The book will keep you reading, and makes you laugh all the time. It will bring out your mature side, and could probably answer some questions you have
Ellyn
Feb 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2004
A collection of first-person accounts of "first time" stories from women of all ages and backgrounds. The topics range from first bras to first loves to first jobs. Although some of the stories reminded me of "Say Anything" moments (anyone remember those?), I enjoyed them, and they all made me smile. It was also interesting to note the generational differences among the stories.
Jessica
Nov 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, read-in-2011
The idea of a bunch of short writings recounting woman's firsts (of many things) sounded like an interesting read. The book itself was awful. The stories were mostly dull and didn't always seem to have an end. Most stories came across shallow. It went from being a comedy in one story to very deep the next. It just didn't work. Skip this one if you can!
Anissa Rajala
Apr 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
OMG, this is one of thee funniest outlooks on every type of "first" a woman could encounter. I found myself always laughing out loud in public and people were looking at me funny.

Excellent!

'stina
Nov 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
Fluffy but Ok.
Hadorah Freckles
Mar 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
bloorrring. got 20 pages in and said no more.
Michelle
Oct 04, 2009 rated it it was ok
Very disappointing. Most of the stories were so forgettable. I had to wonder why some of them even made the book. I was expecting to read some really wild, wacky, and or emotional firsts.
Shane