Start by marking “Defending Zara (Mountain Mercenaries #6)” as Want to Read:
Defending Zara (Mountain Mercenaries #6)

Defending Zara

(Mountain Mercenaries #6)

For a Mountain Mercenary and a desperate woman, love becomes a dangerous refuge in New York Times bestselling author Susan Stokers novel of heart-gripping suspense.

Mountain Mercenary Hunter Meat Snow has a mission: eliminate the human traffickers scouring the barrios of Lima for vulnerable prey. But its Meat whos taken down. Separated from his team and beaten within an

Published March 3rd 2020 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Defending Zara, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defending Zara

Start your review of Defending Zara (Mountain Mercenaries #6)
Susan Stoker
Feb 13, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
When a Mountain Mercenary is kidnapped, the woman he loves will risk it all to save him.

Defending Zara
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2KDvjzd
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VHG2NBV/
Amazon AU: www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07VHG2NBV/
Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VHG2NBV/
Paperback: https://amzn.to/2TCc382
Audio: https://adbl.co/38V2FCV
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I just love these Mountain Mercenaries. This series has been pretty exciting with the way the author has these courageous men meeting their woman and how they save and protect them. I had planned on just listening to this audiobook on my drive to and from work, and yet I just couldn't stop listening when I arrived home and it was time to stop the audiobook. I'm sad and excited that there is only one book left. Sad to see the series end, but very excited about the final couple. Also, I highly ...more
Viper Spaulding
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful, tremendous personal journey!

This story hits the ground running with Zara and her friends in Lima, Peru rescuing a badly-beaten Meat and risking everything to nurse him back to health. As Meat is healing, he discovers that Zara was abandoned there in Lima when she was ten years old after the murder of her parents. Now fifteen years later, he knows that once he gets back to his team, their new mission will be to get Zara back home.

The first part of the book gives us a
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series. I'm sad it's almost over.

Zara saves Meat and then he saves her. Lots of help from all the previous couples. And then the epilogue....mouth open, jaw dropped, did not see that coming.
Shelley
Awe, stun, shock 😮

Defending Zara is the next book in the amazing series Mountain Mercenaries and let me tell you, you dont want to miss this one❣On the one hand, I want to do this review justice by telling you all a little about Zara and Meat but on the other, which is probably where Im leaning towards, Im going to not say a thing🤐

The only thing I will say is that the awe, stun and shock factors are big....and I guessed one of them a while ago😍 Happy reading and I cant wait for Rexs story next❤
Margaret J Wall
Katie McCannon
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS SO GOOD AND NOW I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT FOR REX'S BOOK. Caps because I can't stop flailing over the ending.
Filippa
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I JUST WANT TO SAY I KNEW IT!!! and Im so excited for the next book omg, it was also super interesting knowing more of the backgrounds of the people around Zara in Peru!

I also think this plot was very thought out and well planned and something you cant find in another book! Very smart and it definitely has had me counting down the days until I could begin reading this book. WOW.

Sad to say I feel this serie wrapping up way too quickly as in always eager to fall in love with a new team of yours
Linda Quick
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Another winner in the Mountain Mercenaries series.. Zara was kidnapped and abandoned in the barrios of Peru as a young child and has struggled to survive every day for fifteen years when she encounters Meat. Meat is there, working with the Peruvians, when he is brutally attacked and left for dead. Zara rescues him, then trusts him with her story.

While all of this author's books tug on the heart strings, this one was especially poignant as it shines a light on the plight of children and the
Darcy
amy hartley
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They went to Peru on a mission. The soldiers with them are corrupt, aiding sex traffickers of children. A motley crew of women are working in the dark to save children and women. They risk their very existence to do their work. When they rescue a beaten up American. One found a way home from 15 years of being lost. But is she safe once state side, and what happens to the women left behind.
Another amazing romantic adventure story.
Deborah
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I can't believe I survived this book. I can't imagine a child of ten surviving Zara's experience. Now I have to wait to get closure due to the cliffhanger. Mag's story will be compelling for sure! I'm curious about the angle the author will take to explain why Mags was still in Peru during the time Zara was there. How long do I have to wait for the next installment?
Elena
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my first review for a book wrote by Susan. Here goes nothing (it's been awhile since i wrote one so be kind with me).
I read all the books in the series, and i've been connected with this series more then other of her books.
The story continues from the epilogue of the previous book, and let me tell you Susan delivers a great epilogue, and at the begining of the story you get to meet Zara, our lead in this book and i was impressed by all means by how strong, smart and wise she
Nicole Collins
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Darn! I knew this book would be intense with how the previous book went, but Susan did not disappoint! The things Zara endured were off the charts. The set up for the next book has me itching for information on Rex. I could not put this story as I was up til 5am to finish reading because I had to know more. I highly recommend this story to others
Nancy Walker
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is totally mind blowing. If you have been reading the rest of the series, many things add up if you are getting those hints. So many things have you on the edge of your seat during this read. I do have to say Susan Stoker really did blow this one out of the water, so to speak. Loved it! So looking forward to the next and last book in the series.
claire obrien
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is certainly the cliff hanger of all cliff hangers

1st this book is full of action and adrenaline . 2nd how zara and meat actually make it together isn't rushed and it's a lovely tale. 3rd I had a sneaky feeling rex was who I thought he would be .4th cannot wait for ravens story it's already in my diary as a must get on the date it's due to be released . YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK !!!
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this entire series so much and this one was SO good! The twist at the end!!!! O.M.G.... I cannot wait for the next book! Please release it like now... Tomorrow... Soon! I don't want to wait till June!
Megan
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
OMGeeeee! It was so good! And, HA! I knew it!! I CANNOT WAIT for the final book!! Rex to the rescue!
kirstin
Fantastic read.

Susan has done it again. She never let's me down with her books. I own all of them. Such a amazing writer. It has it all. A must read.
Carrie
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Meat & Zara's story is quite the ride! She rescues him, he rescues her, they have some ups & downs - but the ups faaaar outweigh the downs! I love their conversations & the way they interact with each other. I also really enjoyed the way Zara handles herself considering the circumstances life has thrown her into.

And that ENDING!!!! Highly recommend this series, story, and really all of this author's work, because every story sucks you in. Each series/story/team highlights the
Julia
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best yet in the series! Absolutely amazing and the best ending ever! Cant wait for the next one! Cant even wrap my head around that ending! Soooo amazing! ...more
Sandy S
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
DEFENDING ZARA is the sixth instalment in Susan Stokers contemporary, adult MOUNTAIN MERCENARIES romantic, military suspense series focusing on a group of former soldiers and Navy SEALS who call themselves Mountain Mercenaries, headed by the mysterious Rex. This is twenty-five year old Zara Layne, and Mountain Mercenary Hunter Meat Snows story line. DEFENDING ZARA can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous instalments is revealed where ...more
Nicole
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The road has been long but the journey wonderful. I dont think thats a famous quote but its the quote Im using for the newest book by Susan Stoker. Defending Zara is book 6 in the fabulous Mountain Mercenaries series. Book 6 out of 7. And for those who have been reading alongyou know what this means! The mysterious Rex and his story is almost here!! I know, I knowyoure all giddy now with the knowledge I just dropped. But, whoa nellypull back on those reigns!

With book 6 in this series, Ms. Stoker
Marie
Horrific...

...but at the same time, such a good book. As with most of the Mountain Mercenaries books I read this in one sitting, with tears pouring down my cheeks. It is such a strange feeling with your heart breaking as you read about the horrendous conditions people live through, the sights the armed forces have to face and leave behind and the scope of evil that is out there. BUT the bravery and strength shown by these people, the determination of the Mountain Mercenaries (and men like them)
Val Woolley
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again what a brilliant book. mountain Mercenary Hunter Snow Meatwere on a mission to stop traffickers taking people from the streets in Peru.he and black were separated from their team mates Meat was rescued by Zara and Mags hidden till he was able to find his team mates. Zara was orphaned when her parents were killed in front of her while they were on holiday. He is feeling very protective of Zara and she returns with him.Finding it hard to adjust to life and people.Meat finds out about ...more
Whispers From
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Zara was ten years old when she saw her parents killed and then was taken and left in the streets of Peru. For fifteen years, she has struggled to survive and wondered if any of her family ever tried to look for her. Hunter Meat is former military but now works with the Mountain Mercenaries. They are in Peru trying to stop the trafficking of women and children. Meat and Black, a fellow mercenary, are beating in the streets. Zara and her group of friends drag Meat out and when they go back for ...more
Mandy Paton
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Mountain Mercenaries Story

I love the Mountain Mercenaries series and Susan Stoker is one of my favourite authors. This latest book didnt disappoint and as usual drew me in from the beginning with a well paced story line and the HEA we craved for the last of the men. While you dont need to read all of the series to read this book it does help, but do your self a favour and read them all because theyre all great.
Sally J Anderson
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This has to be the best book I've ever read. Not only are the characters true to life but the story gives it's readers a realistic look at the devastating conditions in some countries. The determination of Zara, a ten year old, whose life is abruptly and brutality changed. Enter Hunter, Meat, ex Delta Force along with all the Mountain Mercenaries to help. Add lots of money and the drama, suspense and danger mesh to a must read.
Diana
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Totally have fallen for all the men in the Mountain Mercenaries series! Im hooked, and this book about Meat and Zara just continues the burn started in book one. The depth of each character created by Susan Stoker amazes me, and each story sinks deeper and deeper into your psyche. Cant wait for the next book to finally learn more about Rex!
Anja
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omyomyomy. Ha, I knew who Rex was going to be and it's very appreciated that it hasn't been made a big deal about it. Now I'm restles for Rex's hopefully HEA. Anyway, this book's about Meat being literally rescued from certain death by tiny Zed, but only Zed is a Zara, that he - even delirious and in pain - instantly recognices. Reading about what Zara went through makes me wonder whether this is just a fictional story or whether there's a little truth in it as well. Nevertheless it's very ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Maximus (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Gold Team Book 4)
  • Alec's Dream (Gemini Group Book 4)
  • Blake (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #5)
  • Keeping Quinn (The Next Generation #6)
  • Phoenix (Linear Tactical #8)
  • Four Money (Ever and Always, #1)
  • The Hitwoman Goes to Prison (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #21)
  • A Backwater Blessing: A Kings of Guardian and Heart's Desire Crossover Novella
  • Imperfect Love (4Ever, #1)
  • Rules of a Rebound
  • Reclaiming Willa (Wild Mustang Security Firm, #1)
  • Forever Finn (Wild Mustang Security Firm, #2)
  • the FACE you fear
  • Zara's Surrender (Wild Mustang Security Firm, #3)
  • Reign to Ravage (Myth of Omega, #5)
  • Fighting for Elena (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha) (Tarpley VFD Book 1)
  • His Reason to Stay
  • Justice for Sloane (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #1)

New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Tennessee where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, Indiana, and Tennessee. She's married to a retired Army man who now gets

Mountain Mercenaries (7 books)
  • Defending Allye (Mountain Mercenaries, #1)
  • Defending Chloe (Mountain Mercenaries #2)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • Defending Harlow (Mountain Mercenaries #4)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Defending Raven (Mountain Mercenaries Book 7)