Start by marking “Ruthless Savior (Captive, #5)” as Want to Read:
Ruthless Savior (Captive, #5)

Ruthless Savior

(Captive #5)

My pretty little captive thinks she can run from me. She doesn’t understand how ruthless I truly am…

Guarding my lovely hostage has become my obsession. I protect Marisol from the vicious men in my brutal cartel, including myself. I’ve kept the promise I made to my boss on the night of her capture: No one touches her.

But she runs from me at the first opportunity, escaping t
Kindle Edition
Published November 17th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless Savior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruthless Savior

Start your review of Ruthless Savior (Captive, #5)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
My dark affinity for dangerous men would be my ruin.

The Captive series is one of my favorite guilty pleasure reads. I'm a sucker for a good captive romance, and Julia Sykes writes some of the most delicious antiheroes. They're ruthless criminals that become borderline obsessive and uber protective when it comes to their females and I am so here for it.

Ruthless Savior is the story of Marisol and Ruel, who we met in Wicked King. Marisol was Carmen's maid and a long time captive
KittyLuvr
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely MARVELOUS & EVOCATIVE story Ms. Sykes has penned with 'Ruthless Savior'. I'm still in a romance induced 'floaty happy' place several hours after finishing this wonderful, wonderful book.
I have read a majority of Ms. Sykes books & truly loved them: the characters, the plots, the writing. But this one, for me, had a somewhat different but wonderous 'feel' as I read it, one that at first was hard for me to quantify. It was an ever increasingly heartwarming feeling that as I conti
EpicRomanceReviews
❤~🌟~❤ 4.5 SAVAGELY DELICIOUS STARS ❤~🌟~❤

“Marisol would be mine.”

The Captive series by Julia Sykes is my KRYTONITE! She is my go-to author in regard to penning the thrillingly evocative and scorching hot capture fantasy trope--so whenever she announces the next book in his wildly addictive series I am positively euphoric know my next fix is forthcoming !

PREMISE:
Marisol Cortés has been a captive of the cartel for years and now Carmen Ronaldo’s beleaguered maid is Raúl Guerrero‘s property. Ev
Abstract  ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

"Ruthless Savior" is the fifth book of the "Captive" series by Julia Skyes. I have been reading this series and believe me when I say that it's one of the best ones! Get ready to read the story of Raul and Marisol.

Marisol has had a tough life. She has suffered at the hands of countless men and has totally lost her faith in them. When she is captive under Raul's eye, her only aim is to be free of him. She tries to ignore the way he never tou
Kari Hansen
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marisol has only ever know hurt and pain from the men in her life so what she dreams of is fundamental to most people and that is the independence to make her own choices. When she finds herself being held against her will once again all she wants to do is escape with no conception of the chain of events that would unfold.

Raul is a powerful man who is accustomed to having his requests followed. He is drawn to Marisol in spite of himself, but he is determined to keep her safe even if it is from h
Lisa Roberts
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marisol and Raul are everything just wow so beautifully written and all the emotion of heartbreak and doing what's right even though it's wrong.
The forgiveness and passion expressed in their story will have your heart beating a mile a minute just fantastic.
Such strong characters with so much to give I'm so so happy we got their story.
Sue
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A simply wonderful read, totally captivating
This is a wonderful read filled with plenty of dark elements and those that have no regard for human life except what it’s worth might be. I have to admit that once again this was another book by this author that once I began reading, I found impossible to put down so I had a very late but enjoyable night reading.
Raul is a drug dealer and also the enforcer in the Stefano Duarte cartel and since he kidnapped Marisol’s employer Carmen he has been told th
Ashley Ann Martin
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say "Wow," just WOW!?!

I've been a Julia Sykes fan for quite a few years now. Her stories keep getting better and better. Before Raul and Marisol's story, Mateo was my favorite of her antiheroes.

Well, I think Raul just claimed Mateo's throne! There was something so raw and engaging about Raul's character. I felt drawn to him like no other. I was NOT expecting his history to be what it was! I won't spoil that for you though.

Julia Sykes is known for her BDSM novels and dark romance. Wh
Alex S
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, this book is a little different from what we normally get from Julia. There's still some drama and still full of HOT scenes; but the way it's written is quite outstanding and seems to have a little more of a personal touch. Normally, the books are relatable to a certain extent but Raul and Marisol's story seemed so realistic. Raul, your typical "bad guy with a soft side" and Marisol, your typical "independent woman pushed beyond her comfort zone" drew me in since they were mentioned in ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ruthless Savior is a dark story right up my alley, and I want more immediately. Marisol is a girl who has been treated very badly by men & not by choice. It's made any sort of trust for men nonexistent. Raul is our dark tortured soul anti-hero who is tasked with protecting/watching over her but she's not down with it. She takes things into her own hands to run from him. I'm not going to lie, I really loved that part because I get tired of heroines not making their captor's lives a living hell. O ...more
Diane
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ADDICTING SERIES A MUST HAVE FOR SURE!!!!
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "RUTHLESS SAVIOR" This is such a tremendously interesting, entertaining, suspense dark intense drama, passion, with adrenaline pumping dangerous scenes that have you on the edge of your seat.
Raul is Stefano's second & Enforcer of the Cartel he's been given Marisol to guard & protect she's a beatifully fragile woman who's been through a very tough life abuse at the hands of many men she's lost her trust & faith in any man.
Marisol betrays Raul's trust by running aw
Sharon
Shelves: arc
I cannot express how much I missed this author and was beyond elated to dive into this book which gives readers Raúl and Marisol’s story. Marisol is a woman who has been captured by the cartel and would like nothing more than to escape. Raúl is the cartel’s enforcer and a leader in his own right. For Raúl the only meaning is in the power he wields along with strength and money, rounding out the top three. Yet when it comes to Marisol, one gets the feeling that Raúl has a bit of a soft spot in hi ...more
Stephanie Rushlow
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love everything Julia writes. The entire series is a must read and although each book can be read by itself it soooo much better together.

Marisol has a thing for bad boys, honestly who doesn’t. Unfortunately her last experience made her run and now she feels the only way out of being a captive is be betraying her only protector, Raul.

Raul and Marisol have amazing chemistry but she’s his captive, his new obsession to protect. When Marisol chooses her freedom and helping someone sh
Sharon
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
RUTHLESS SAVIOR is book 5 in the CAPTIVE series by Julia Sykes. I’ve read the whole series and this is a perfect addition.

Marisol is haunted by the pain from her past mistakes. When she finds herself being held against her will once again all she wants to do is escape with no idea of what the consequences of her actions will be.

Raul is a powerful man who is accustomed to having his instructions followed. Marisol brings out something in him that even he doesn’t understand but he is determined to
Marlene Davis
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: write-a-review
Raul is a drug dealer, and enforcer in the drug cartel of Stefano Duarte and since Stefano kidnapped Marisol's employer Carmen, he has been tasked with protecting Marisol...and he has. Raul is watching, dreaming and wanting his little captive, but keeping his hands off and threatening or killing anyone who does touch her...but because he never abused her or tried to harm her, Marisol feels safe with Raul and knows deep within herself, that he would not harm her, unlike the man she was running fr ...more
Cassy
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Julia Sykes has been one of my favorite authors for a while now. She writes beautiful and strong characters, and you can't help but love her antiheroes.

In Ruthless Savior, we get a look at Marisol and Raul's story. Both are involved in a dangerous world, one by choice, one not so much. Their paths cross, and you can see, and feel, how well they fit together. Both have their own demons, but they each find a way to work through them together, understanding each other on a deeper level. They comple
Avephoenix
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG, author Julia Sykes knows how to keep her readers happy and hooked to her amazing storytelling from start to end. She writes the best ruthless, obsessive but protective anti-heroes and strong, feisty but vulnerable heroines every single time.

Ruthless Savior is an unputdownable read with surprising twists and turns, scorching hot chemistry, suspense, and lots of dangerous situations. Raul and Marisol's journey is intense, steamy, passionate, toe-curling and entertaining.

This read is not for
Michaela Zankl
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Julia Sykes strikes again with an amazing book that plays out within a cartel. Oh how I love Raul. He is such an interesting character. Ruthless, fearless, strong and has no mercy. On the inside however he is longing for something more solid but he is so unsure about so many things when it comes to relationships. Marisol is the one woman that is able to break through his walls and see the man he truly is.
Julia Sykes is THE author when it comes to Mafia and Cartel stories. There is not one book
JustALady
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of Dark Romance and this one was like no other. Raul was not your typical dark romance Leading male. He was a dream instead.

Raul had a dark past and while that helped shape him he didn’t become a monster. He was perfect for Marisol. She in my opinion was broken. She was used to pain and abuse from a man. But Raul knew how to be patient. Well except when she ran! Then my oh my what a spanking she got!

I think if Raul had been a typical dark male then he would not have been able
Terri Trawets
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Ruthless Savior, we get to see the interaction between Marisol and Raul. They are both caught up in a mafia cartel. Raul is a powerful, sturdy, muscular, fearsome man, who made the choice of becoming a vital member of the cartel. Marisol, on the other hand has become a part of the cartel through a series of disturbing occurrences.

Tasked with the duty of protecting Marisol, Raul must now work to keep her safe as well as deal with her demons. But, how will he be able to help Marisol when he to
Nikki
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marisol has been fighting for years to get away from a situation that caused her great loss. She grew up before she was ready, and the choices that she made did not make her life any easier. But she is alive. And she wants so much to be able to gain her freedom and to go to America. But things haven’t quite worked out for her.

Raul feels as though he is a monster. He came from bad and since then nothing good has come to him. He has had to fight to live and at times fighting gets dirty. But he is
Lynda
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*There are no spoilers in my review.*

*I recommend reading the prior books in the Captive series to best appreciate this story. As always, it can be read as a standalone.*

I had been in a reading funk for quite a while before picking up this story. It definitely pulled me out of my reading funk. I devoured this book in hours.

It was a fast read because the tension is mostly between the main couple, Marisol and Raul, and their inner turmoils.
It was a less stressful read than a villain based confli
Jenn Allen
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, holy smokes! I was hooked on Raul at the start, I could feel his intensity and the way he was wrapped up in Marisol. When a story can pull me in and rip at my heart, watching it bleed as I got to know Marisol... that's what amazing writing can do. They have so much fire, yet there's those sweet moments that work to melt my ripped up heart. Mixing in those moments I was biting my nails, gripping the edge of my seat... what a story. This may be my favorite of this series.

I received a copy o
Jackie
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Julia Sykes has done it again. I have fallen in love Marisol and Raul's story. Marisol has gone through so much but she was still a fighter. Raul is a cartel enforcer & her protector/kidnapper. I kept wanting to hate Raul but that didn't last. I could feel their love for each other. This book had some of everything...darkness, violence, passion, love, twists, and so much more. Read this book! I recommend reading the entire series so you can appreciate all of the characters.
Note: I received an A
Tiffany Diamond
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marisol and Raul are off the charts! Marisol didn't choose the life she leads. She just wanted to be away from danger. She had a plan, it just hasn't worked out the way she hoped. Raul chose his life in the cartel. He's very good at his job and everyone fears him. I love the dynamic between them. She can calm him with just a touch. He'll protect he with everything he has. They bring the best out of each other once Marisol accepts her life. I can't wait for more from Julia, she's one of my favori ...more
Brina
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This was such an amazing story. Full of adrenaline pumping scenes and dangerous and thrilling moments that captured your attention. Being able to mix love, passion and adoration with all that darkness, is really incredible. The characters were great and it was written so clearly, the story came to life in my mind with such ease. I can't say enough good things about this book.

I received an ARC in exchange for my voluntary and honest review.
Judie
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*An ARC was provided in exchange of an honest review*

Raul & Marisol’s story was one that I thoroughly enjoyed. Both characters have pasts that have molded them into who they are currently. One thing I really like is that they both grew past the darkness and hurt. The chemistry between them is also so real. I don’t want to say more but what I will say is that if you’re in the mood for a dark read, look no further.
Joni Fenn
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of Julia's men before was Andres, but now it's definitely Raul! Raul is a drug lord and he threatens and kills people for a living, but does that make him a bad man? In Marisol's (and mine) eyes, definitely not. He's so good to her even though they're both a bit broken. He will protect her from anyone and anything. This book is so good! You definitely don't want to miss it, especially if you love dark, devoted men.
Tere Henriquez
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Raul and Marisol have taken me for a ride. Page by page you see their twisted interest to the point of "what can happen next?". Julia, hands down, has done it again! Dark, twisted, beautiful, commanding, everything I love in a book boyfriend, and Raul is all that rolled into one.Ruthless Savior ...more
Erica Hamilton
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always forget how potent Julia's characters can be.

Raúl and Marisol have my heart. Raúl is primal and irresistible, Marisol captures your heart in her flight for freedom. Both thier journeys remind me how the past doesn't define the future.

This book has everything you can ask for a great story line characters you can relate too and drool worthy erotic sex scenes.

• Mafia Casanova
  • Sweet Cruelty
  • Unholy Intent (Unholy Union Duet #2)
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Wicked Idol
  • Tarnished Empire
  • Heartless (Starcrossed Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • Taken By Him (Staszek Family #1)
  • The Devil's Vow
  • Beauty and the beast
  • Darker Than Night
  • Unholy Union
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Diamonds are Forever (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy #3)
  • American Street Kings Box Set
  • Raise Hell
  • Revenge (The Princes of Powell #1)
  • Ruthless Prince (Dark Syndicate, #1)
Julia Sykes is a USA Today bestselling author of edgy, emotional romance. When she's not writing, she's usually reading.

Other than reading, her obsessions include iced coffee, unicorns, charcuterie, aged Manchego cheese (or any cheese, really), fancy dresses, and all things Harry Potter.

Originally from South Carolina, Julia now lives in her adopted, beloved home of York, England. Most days, you ca

Captive (5 books)
  • Sweet Captivity (Captive, #1)
  • Stealing Beauty (Captive, #2)
  • Pretty Hostage (Captive, #3)
  • Wicked King (Captive, #4)

News & Interviews