Start by marking “1001 Ways to Be Romantic: Author's Annotated Edition” as Want to Read:
1001 Ways to Be Romantic: Author's Annotated Edition

1001 Ways to Be Romantic: Author's Annotated Edition

Passion is the fashion for you and your lover! Gregory J.P. Godek America s Romance Authority authors this refreshing 7.5 L x .875 W x 9 H 360 page softbound book. This book is exploding with new and exciting ways to transform your relationship into an exhilarating love affair! Incorporate surprises gestures gifts shameless flirting and countless other ways to keep the pas ...more
Published October 1st 1999 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published August 7th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about 1001 Ways to Be Romantic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1001 Ways to Be Romantic

Start your review of 1001 Ways to Be Romantic: Author's Annotated Edition
Nadin Adel
A resource of romantic ideas if you run out of them! It is more like a dictionary for romantic tips rather than a self-help book. A lot of recurrences and replications in the ideas. Very loooooooooooooooong.
To be recalled when necessary ;)
Traci
Dec 19, 2010 rated it did not like it
Ever hear the phrase "less is more"? Well, I think Mr. Godek should follow that sage advice, because my biggest problem with this book is its size - it is way too big! I get that he wants to give the reader a wide range of choices as far as how to be romantic, but please! There are so many "suggestions" that after getting about half-way through this tome, I realized he was repeating himself. Or it was so close to something he'd already said that I read it as exactly the same.

In either case, I g
Don Gubler
Sep 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: improvement
Lots of good ideas for every occasion. So why am I still so hopeless?
Vonia
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Overall, I like this book for what it is. What a great idea. I am sure that most people would find this a lot more useful than I did, because, not to be arrogant, but I am a pretty romantic person and had thought of many of these ideas on my own already. A significant of the 101 are very similar ideas, even simple reframing of the same general romantic gesture. Others are so simple that, while not minimizing the importance in saying "I appreciate you", should hardly count. It is obviously anothe ...more
Travis
Jun 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference, romance
I have to admit, many of this guy's ideas are redundant and some are just trivia (best love song of 1986), but he does have some diamonds in the rough. I actually went through the whole 1001 ideas and took out the ones that I could actually use, and the list came out around 200. So I'm kind of irritated at the author for padding his book with so much fluff, but frankly the 200 good ideas were worth it. I've used tons of them in my marriage, and they made me a more thoughtful person. I still have ...more
Mai
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's a gold mine of romance ,tons of creative and inspirational ideas to express your love for your partner every day in every different way,as i read before love is a verb so you should make sure your actions speak louder than your words ,read this book and you will never run out of romantic ideas and you can also add your creative twist ,highly recommend for hopeless romantics and not so hopeless ones to enrich their relationships with Romance ,the action of love :)
Nicole
Jan 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I constantly refer to this book for ideas and romance tips. Love to keep the home fire burning! This is a wealth of great things but there are some too risque for me:)
Cyndi Longest
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Maybe okay for young people, but not too useful for people in the "third act".
Amira
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
I have no idea why I read that book when I was in middle school and only 13 or sth like that , I wasn't in any type of a romantic relationship and it also seemed to be an adult self-help book about relationships since it has tips revolving around making love, travelling and marriage so it was all non of my business , I was not a good reader then and I Just wanted to kill time and the idea that they are 1001 not 1000 got my attention , So it was normal that i found it very romantic and OMG and i ...more
Chris
Aug 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chris by: people with 'thinkers block'
Shelves: romance, self-help
This is actually not what you think...It's a pretty creative book about ideas for what one can do for almost every occassion. Everything from the personalized fortune cookies, etc, and it provides many of the phone numbers that you will need in order to get these unique items for special occassions...I have personally used ideas from this book on numerous occassions....
إيناس أحمد
I read 386 pages of total 444 , read 900 ways to be romantic out of 1001
It is really a nice book . I like many of the ways , I adore the parts which contain stories about real people , as a matter of fact I find some stories exaggerated but they should be , it's sort of encouraging to be more romantic !

Gonna read it again when I'm married !
Cori
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-for-fun
This book is great! Some of the suggestions are a bit over-the-top for me, but my husband has always enjoyed the ideas I've used. There are so many ideas from which to pick and choose, enough to keep you romantically busy for quite some time.
Tisha
Dec 26, 2008 rated it liked it
This had some great ideas, and was really fun to read. I'm excited to try some of the things in the book. I would give it more stars, but about 250 of the 1001 ideas are a bit too racy.
Rana
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book, it provides you everything in details
The best thing I love in that it gives you amount of books that you will read in year :)
Nada  Amer
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
it's too big I read only 52 pages and I didn't like the advertisement !
I think there is more better books talking about the art of Romance .
Hurricane_ReD
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has lots of great ideas, but it didn't get a 5 because it's full of spelling errors. Hire an editor!
ro dy
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
maybe will help me one day but i really liked the creative ideas
Nic
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marvelous book. I bought a copy while we were young in marriage. Since, I've made it a regular wedding gift.
Marianne Brodman
Jun 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
The only reason to keep this around is for a potential reference of OTHER businesses- he names various companies & their contact info for specific gifts, hobbies, travel destinations. ...more
Adrienne
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcrossing
Lots of fun ideas to do for each other.
Jerome Adorable
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very informative.
Erika Powers
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Not just for romance. Many of these ideas are great for any relationship, any day.
Marawan Awad
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A WOW Book ...

I'm planing to read this book again and again when I get married .... I have to use it as a dictionary ..... or some kind of toss game .... just pick and read random ideas :) ...

The (great) introduction of the book -my summary-:

this book started with a great concept .... stating that there is a huge different between love and romance..
Love ... is the feeling ...
Romance ... is an act .... what you do for the one u love or u pretend that u love ...
so not every lover is a romantic pe
Monda
Jun 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
I didn't like it the way I don't like most of the self-help books. They are cheap, useless and so unimportant. I just tried this one to see why shall it be a best selling and I found that the reason has nothing to do with the content as it doesn't say anything marvelous or new. The only reason for that is that too many people actually believe that reading such kind of books might truly fix their problems.
These books only sell because we have too many lazy people in this universe who instead of
Leigh
Aug 31, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've flipped through this book while I at work, because it's always in my interest to become a better girlfriend (and a thoughtful person, for that matter). Some of the ideas are fabulous--like leaving little notes for your lover in various places for him/her to find--while others are ridiculous, dare I say stupid--marking the birthday of his/her favorite actor in order to celebrate with your lover.

This is probably a book I will look for used to keep around, because for a million bad ideas, that
Janet
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all couples
This is the second Godek book I've read and I would say the same thing with this one that I said with the other...only about half of the "ways" are actually useful. The other half are either repeat (some almost verbatim) or not action-oriented. I would prefer he just title the book '500-1/2 Ways To Be Romantic" and cut out the fluff. That being said, I'm glad I read it...500-1/2 ways are better than none!
Monica Costa-Lessing
There are a lot of creative romantic ideas within this book, but to read the whole book all at once a lot of the ideas started to blur together. When it comes to me re-reading this book I shall do it slowly and try to accomplish each idea one at a time to fully appreciate my partner. Overall its a great book to have when you find that you and your partner are going through a tough patch and need some assistance in getting over that patch.
Noha
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow ! The author ( Greg ) put so much effort in this book !
It's not another silly or "cute" book to maintain relationships , it's about reviving relationships and developing their backbone, it's a very practical book
However, it's full of repeated ideas , I would give it 3 stars but i liked the final chapters ( importance of romance in our lives .. etc )
Jennifer Hughes
Ok, I know it's kind of cheesy, but this is just a fun reference book. Even if you don't like all of the 1001 ways (and you won't), the benefit of this idea dump is that it will spark personal ideas of ways you can enhance your marriage/relationship. My husband and I have enjoyed trying some of these and coming up with our own new ways to show appreciation and love!
« previous 1 3 next »

• ASVAB For Dummies
  • Head First Java
  • 8 weeks to SEALFIT
  • Cracking the Coding Interview: 150 Programming Questions and Solutions
  • CompTIA A+ Certification All-In-One Exam Guide: (Exams 220-701 & 220-702) [With CDROM]
  • OCA Java SE 7 Programmer I Certification Guide: Prepare for the 1ZO-803 exam
  • Comptia Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: Sy0-201 Study Guide
  • JavaScript: The Good Parts
  • Pro Git
  • 100 Deadly Skills: The SEAL Operative's Guide to Eluding Pursuers, Evading Capture, and Surviving Any Dangerous Situation
  • She Comes First: The Thinking Man's Guide to Pleasuring a Woman
  • The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
  • Jim Cramer's Stay Mad for Life: Get Rich, Stay Rich (Make Your Kids Even Richer)
  • Jim Cramer's Real Money: Sane Investing in an Insane World
  • Making India Awesome: New Essays and Columns
  • How to Live in Denmark: A humorous guide for foreigners and their Danish friends
  • What Young India Wants
  • Top 35 Mistakes Danes Make in English: A fun guide to small but significant errors