Start by marking “Crown of Dragons (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #1)” as Want to Read:
Crown of Dragons (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #1)

Crown of Dragons

(Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #1)

The normal world is an illusion.

Khali Elliot is a princess —of sorts. She wasn’t born royal and yet she’s destined to become queen. As a Dragon Blessed with four elements running through her blood,

Published August 15th 2019 by Addison & Gray Press

To ask other readers questions about Crown of Dragons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crown of Dragons

Start your review of Crown of Dragons (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #1)
Rach
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book I have read from this author and I can say I enjoyed it.

This is the first book in the series.

We have two main characters Hazel and Khali who live in different realms. Hazel lives in a modern realm (our realm if you want a idea to what her realm is like). Khali lives in a magical realm. Hazel can see spirits and Khali can turn into a dragon and has affinity for all four elements. They both start on a journey in this book which will change their lives all together . I liked
Olivia Wildenstein
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Intricate and carefully told.

Crown of Dragons was a riveting teen paranormal read with a dash of romance and 2 strong heroines who always save themselves or each other. Can’t wait to see where the story goes!
Ashley Lewis
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-amazon-kindle
I would like to thank the amazing author with providing me a free E-ARC of this book (which does not effect my opinion)
Thoughts with side commentary
🐲 Different worlds are "stacked" on top of each other and they are starting to bleed together (allowing unwelcome guests to enter)
🐲 Mediums, dragons, wizards, nymphs and fae..oh, my!
🐲 Why?!😭
🐲 Excuse Me, sir? Could you drop dead any time soon?
🐲 POV alternated between Hazel and Khali
🐲 Hazel is a character in our world and her POV had a contemporary fe
S.E. MacCready
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nina Walker expertly weaves a story rich in paranormal intrigue with enough drama to keep you rapidly turning the pages. This story depicting elemental dragons is entirely original, with Walker taking great care to spin a tale unlike others in the genre. I am only left wanting more, and am greatly anticipating the next release in what will become a suspenseful and exhilarating series.
Mandie
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was a fun read! I enjoyed this world that the author created. And I really loved the characters. This story was adventurous and unique. And I can’t wait to read more!
Kim
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy
Crown of Dragons: Bleeding Realms:
Dragon Blessed Book One
by Nina Walker
Rating: 5/5

Wow! I can't even believe that I finished the first book in this series so fast! I definitely lost some sleep trying to speed-read to find out what happens next. I was disappointed when I realized that I had come to the end of book one and would have to wait a few months till the next book. (Sigh)

The story is told from two POVs and if that bothers you, then this book is probably not for you. However, there is a pu
S.H. Timmins
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Nina Walker, but it won't be my last. I always go in with an open mind, but any expectations I secretly harbored were surpassed, leaving me both exhilarated and impressed.

Fantasy, especially YA, is a favorite genre of mine to read. I was excited to read this book just based on the intentionally vague and tantalizing summary. Within the first few chapters, I knew that I had discovered a rare gem. Building a world based in fantasy, yet believable enough to vividly imagine
Munaza Tariq
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

Dragons and a brooding hero !!! Count me in!!

Can't decide between contemporary or fantasy? Well here is the perfect blend:

Khali has been raised to become a queen one day, to marry one of the princes. To carry on the legacy of the elements. As each of them holds domain over an element(some more than one) and have the ability to change into a dragon. But one prince does not have this magic, and that is why he will
Scott
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I left a review for already And it doesn't seem to be showing up lol .
This is the first book I have read by this author Nina Walker and it will not be the last .
She does an excellent job drawing you into the story and once she has you good luck putting it down just warning don't have plans lol.
The main characters become instant friends and you find yourself pulling for them in the choices they make .
The world building is excellent and doesn't feel forced or missing anything that makes it se
Samantha Martin
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-dystopian
I was a little skeptical about reading this book because I’m not a huge fan of dragons or high fantasy, but I read this author’s color magic series so I thought I’d give this one a shot. I’m so glad I did! It blew me away! The dual worlds and multiple points of view added lots of layers that kept building and intertwining with plot twists that were anything but predictable.

I got lost at times in Khalil’s emotions. What prince does she love? I’m not sure even she knows. And Hazel... her struggle
Demi Sharpe
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I really loved this book. It was so intriguing, and it never dulled for a moment. The storyline was interesting and unique, and leaves you wanting more.
I felt a real connection to the Khali and Hazel, and just felt their ups and downs throughout the story. All characters felt like they had their place, and played their parts well.

But Dean, though! 😍

I can’t really complain about this book. I just didn’t want to put
Telisha Mortensen
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
2 worlds, one amazing book!

This book grabbed me from the beginning. I enjoyed it from start to finish and I am left wanting more! I really enjoyed the dual point of view and the juxtaposition of the human realm and the dragon realm. I was really into the book and right before chapter 7 I was dropping my jaw. It's so good. Both of the girls, while young and innocent, are neither annoying or pushovers. Definitely a slow burn here and I know who I want each girl to end up with but honestly it could
Debbie Eyre
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Separated from other realms by a thin layer of powerful magic, humans are protected from the fae and dragons, the ghosts and warlocks, and an unfurling evil.“
This story is amazing, I read the above blurb and thought I wanna read that and boy am I glad I did! Two different storylines that came together and blended really well with great characters in a fantasy world built by this author that is different and exciting and filled with danger, mystery and romance and I hope book 2 is every bit as g
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crown of Dragons: Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed Book One by Nina Walker is wonderful story that I have read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series writen by a brand new author for me to read. I highly recommend this story to all.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Audrey
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I seem to really be in the minority here but I really just didn’t like this book. It was entertaining enough to read but the writing was extremely baseline and the plot was very poorly paced.
Oh well.
Rachel
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazeballs!

Fantasy is one of my favorite genres, I love all kinds of fantasy from high fantasy to urban fantasy as long as the fantasy I'm in. This means that I have read a lot of fantasy book but Crown of Dragons has moved into the top ten.

This is a ya story and the two points of view, are told from Hazel who is experiencing somethings in the (modern) human world and Khali who is a princess in a magical kingdom that is ruled by dragons. The stories are on a dual timeline with each girl doing th
Brittany Zimmerman
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jackie
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another treasure

Loved this! I've read a bunch of paranormal books and I must say this one was a breath of fresh air. The dragons aren't possessive, arrogant jerks; the elves aren't regal snobs, and the humans aren't completely unaware and nonmagical. I'll admit the switching between Hazel and Khali so much initially annoyed me, but looking back, there's so much going on that the switches are necessary for us to keep track of what's going on with each character during the same time frame.
I also
Jessica Walker
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

I loved how this book was written. Shifting between two realms, one human the other magical, was so well done. I couldn’t put the book down! I had to keep reading the next chapter and the next because it always ended a chapter at a cliffhanger. Then, because it would alternate points of view, you couldn’t just read one more but at least two more in order to find out what happens which was never fully satisfying because it only lead to another cliffhanger. Basically I read the whole boo
Leslie Fisher
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was book 1 ARC that I was provided with by the author. Thanks so much for the chance to read it. The opinions expressed here are my own and in no way influenced by the author.
I have to say this book was a pleasure to read. With so many worlds stacked into the story it was easy to get lost in the story and not want to be found lol.
Along with the great world building I felt a real connection to the Khali and Hazel. The story with its twists and turns kept me wanting to know more, cheering
Jamie
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dragons and Elemental Magic

Not sure why it took me so long to read this, but now I'm addicted and cannot stop. Already downloaded book 2. Dragon shifters, fae, royal families, spirits, and strange ties to the human realm... This book has everything. I was a surprised by a few dark twists, and I loved the dual POV.
Kittin
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was SUPER skeptical about this as I started it, 2 different locations/realms. 2 girls. I thought eh. BUT THEN OMG DRAGON. I totally enjoyed the shit out of this. kinda dorky sure, but the meeting of the 2 was awesome. can't wait to read the sequel! ...more
Heather Yarber
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting story line and well written

I enjoyed this new take on dragons and the world that are parallel to earth. Relationships intriguing and the connection between characters makes me want to finish the series.
Charity Kelly
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Exciting, fast paced and well written.

Hazel is a human medium who's hounded by ghosts. Khali is a cursed dragon princess. The Occultists are an evil religious sect that's intent on destroying worlds.

I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

Chu
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Started well. The setting with multiple realms connecting is an interesting one. Then it dragged on. Lost interest at 64%
Tara Leigh
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great first book in this trilogy. Loved the dual POVs between the two main characters and really enjoyed meeting the secondary characters as well. Can't wait to start on the 2nd one. ...more
Clarissa Gosling
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting story and set-up, but I didn't really understand how the two of them were connected. ...more
Angela
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Good start

Ok, I like the story line. Switching back and forth between two stories had me completely confused at first. But by the end everything makes sense.
Candice Allen
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dragons, mediums and more in this delightful story

While it took a little while for me to get into this book, by the end I really enjoyed the story and found myself caught up and waiting to read more. This book is well written and an excellent start to a new trilogy. The characters are well fleshed out so you catch a glimpse of who each of them is, even when their story isn’t told directly from their point of view. Hazel and Khali are delightful joint heroines connected in some way that we only
Jordan
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult

Crown of Dragons was a fun book to read. It follows Hazel, a girl in the human realm, just starting college as well as Khali, a princess in another realm who is awaiting her 18th birthday when she must marry one of the princes. Both girls possess magic - Hazel is a medium who can see and communicate with dead spirits, and Khali is Dragon Blessed, meaning that she is able to shift into a dragon form and she possesses
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shadow Rise (Shadow Fall, #2)
  • The Fae & The Fallen (Gifted Fae Academy #1)
  • Wolves' Queen (The Royal Heir, #1)
  • Stealing Embers (Fallen Legacies, #1)
  • Outling (Crystal Wing Academy, #1)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • The Fractured Empire (World Apart, #1)
  • The Tempest Sea (World Apart, #2)
  • Fae's Defiance (Queens of the Fae Book 2)
  • Fae's Deception (Queens of the Fae Book 1)
  • Delayed Admission (Shadow Veil Academy #1)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes, #2)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Royally Hitched: The Fae Prince (The Dark Fae #1)
  • The Fallout (Dominion of Ash #3)
  • Year Two: Wolf Cursed (Ravenwood Academy, #2)
  • The Princess Games (The Princess Trials, #2)
  • Shadow Ruin (Shadow Fall, #3)
Nina Walker is one of those weird YA authors who dream all their story ideas.

She is happily married, living in the mountains of Utah. When she isn't busy chasing after kids, cuddling ornery cats, or writing/reading, she's helping women get healthy in online support groups.

She loves her readers and totally overshares her life, so please connect with her on social media if you're into that.
FB - N

Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed (3 books)
  • Kingdom of Spirits (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #2)
  • Throne of Embers (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #3)

News & Interviews