Start by marking “Full Court Press” as Want to Read:
Full Court Press

Full Court Press

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  47 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Single mother Kelsi Fran hates basketball. To her, it’s a painful reminder of her past relationship mistakes. But after losing a bet to her sister, she finds herself at an Atlanta Hawks game, hating life. There, she meets basketball star Landon Prince and treats herself to one steamy night with him.

Landon sees Kelsi as the kind of girl he could fall for, but it takes a bi
Published April 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Full Court Press, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Court Press

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Full Court Press
Britt The Hatters
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a debut!!! J. Akridge has totally stolen my heart with this book and I’m so excited to see what they bring in the future. If you’re anything like me and find yourself drawn to swoony romances with a lot of sweet to balance out heavier emotion you’re going to LOVE this. I was just coming out of a bit of a funk when I started this one and not much had been really holding my attention, but this book grabbed me almost instantly.
Kelsi and Landon are seriously fantastic. They have electric chemis
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
I loved Full Court Press. What a fantastic debut novel for J. Akridge. Landon and Kelsi story is a quick, sweet read that had me swooning. I’m not a huge fan of insta-love, but for Landon and Kelsi it was absolutely perfect.

Kelsi is a single mother to Carson, the cutest little boy. She doesn’t have time for men or even have them on her mind. Landon is a member of the Atlanta Hawkes and one of the two players referred to as “The Royals”, women drop to their knees in front of him. A night out with
Rushaye Halford
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been counting down the days to get my hands on this book for months. I had high expectations from this first time author, J. Akridge, and she hit every single one of them.

This book is an easy read, one you can open up and completely lose yourself in. The man, the myth, the legend, Landon Prince. He’s an uber sexy basketball player who is dependable, mature, and has the biggest heart. Kelsi Fran is a single mother and teacher who has had her heart crushed in the past and focuses only on b
All Booked Out
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️

Full Court Press is a super quick, sweet and easy read where we meet Kelsie, a single mother who detests anything relating basketball until she meets Landon, a well-known player for the Atlanta Hawks. Kelsie and Landon share immediate familiarity and chemistry with one another. Kelsie finds it hard to trust and is filled with insecurities and doubts but is a great mother to her adorable five year old. Landon is completely different to the stereotypical ball player and completely surprises
Suzanne
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am very picky when it comes to my sports romance and reading Full Court Press by J. Akridge hit every note I needed. For a debut, I was blown away as I enjoyed every moment of Kelsi and Landon. From the way they meet to the way things progressed. I loved that there was just the right amount of drama and not too over the top. It was sweet and passionate at the same time as these two navigate what it means to be a high profile couple as well. But Landon is totally a swoon worthy book boyfriend. ...more
confessions of a book addict
Full Court Press is the debut novel for J. Akridge . It’s the story of professional baller Landon and single mom Kelsi and her little guy, Carson. It’s really is a story about all 3 of them falling in love and becoming a family. It balanced out all of the heavy that I have been reading lately.

The friendships were fun and the ladies were so sassy. The family was sweet, supportive, and funny. Landon was absolutely swoon worthy and Kelsi was so nervous about trying love again.

This was a quick, swe
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
An excellent debut story by first time author, J. Akridge. This book was a book that sucked you in enough to sit down and read it in one sitting and leaves you feeling fully invested in these characters and their outcomes.

~Lauren💜
Lauren
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kelsi, a single mom who has sworn off anything basketball related, meets Landon Prince, professional basketball player with a playboy history and a big heart. While Landon knows what he wants, Kelsi is hesitant to let anyone in to her life.

Reviewed for A Book Nerd, A Book Sel
Reading with 2 book lovers
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great story. Very much enjoyed this first read for me by this author
Demetra
Apr 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, e-books

“Full Court Press” is the author’s debut novel. I must say that her first book is really promising and I’m curious to see what she’s working in the future!

Kelsi is a schoolteacher and a single mother to a 5-year-old boy, Carson. She’s been raising her son alone, since her ex-boyfriend didn’t even bother to drive her at the hospital when she went into labor; the basketball game he was watching was more important. Because of that she has a hatred for the game. However, she’s forced to att
Jenifer Briggs
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was this authors debut novel, and I am just so blown away by her raw talent!! I love sports romance, and throw in a single mom with all the swoon and you have one heck of a romance!

Kelsi is a single mom to her son Carson, and has spent the last five years raising him on her own. Her sole focus is the well-being of her son and she has no need or want for a man, but her instant connection to professional basketball player Landon takes her by surprise. They have such a sweet, beautiful, loving
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Full Court Press is the debut novel for this author and what a debut it was! You would not know that this is the first book written by this author. I look forward to reading more by this author. What happens when a famous ball player and a single mom step outside of their norm? Well lets see we get the press from the paparazzi's and it stirs up a dead-beat dad.
Kelsi and Landon have instant chemistry and stepping outside of your norm is awesome, but of course they didn't expect to want more or i
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full Court Press was an amazing debut story that I couldn't get enough of, a story which really hit me in the feels hard. It's the story of single mom Kelsi, who wants nothing to do with any sort of basketball, and Landon, the professional basketball player, who is a playboy with a huge heart. His heart wants Kelsi quickly, and yet, she's not having any of it, so he's going to have play the game of his life to get past her high walls. This story was a sweet read that had me devouring it in one s ...more
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, hot, swoony. I could go on and on about Full Court Press. I don't think I've ever read a sports romance so sweet before. Kelsi, Landon, and Carson's story is one you won't be able to put down.

I loved how the author made sure Kelsi's son, Carson, was fully involved in the story. It wasn't just a romance for Kelsi and Landon, it was a beautiful story of a boy getting a father as well. Landon and Carson had an immediate sweet reaction to each other and I loved seeing them fall in love as mu
Lauren
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This debut novel definitely did not disappoint. I really enjoyed Kelsi and Landon's charcters and how they meshed. Kelsi is a awesome single mama whose baby daddy sucked. I did have one moment when I didn't care for Landon but I gotta say he redeemed himself and he was amazing with Carson. These two have a magnetic connection that was really undeniable. When Kelsi's world kinda implodes at one time she pushes him away but when she truly needs him she pulls him right back in. The ending was my fa ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am blown away that this is a debut from this author, and what a fantastic one it is. This is Kelsi who is a single mom and teacher, and Landon who is a basketball player. This is a quick sweet read, with explosive chemistry and I was hooked from the beginning. I cannot wait to read more from this author, and she is certainly someone to look out for in the future. Bravo!
Veronica
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great debut book! I could not put this book down. Full Court Press gives us relatable characters, some major sizzle, and a sweet story with a happy ending. I can’t wait to see what else we will get from this author!
Melony Hobgood
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Landon has a heart of gold and I absolutely loved him. He may be the Prince on and off the court but he does things differ when it comes to single mom Kelsi and her son. He son who Landon guys it off with right a way and it makes the sotry even better.
Natalie
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a debut novel by this author and it's a very enjoyable book.

Kelsi and Landon are likeable characters and have a lot of chemistry from page one.

I'm not a big fan of insta-love but this one seemed different than the rest.

Ale Rose
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute book. Kyle is an idiot. Carson is adorable little boy
Heather Akridge
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!! GREAT BOOK AND AUTHOR. Love these characters. Amazing Read!
Amber Jones
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
I absolutely loved this book. The author is incredible and the story line was very well written.
Spunky N Sassy
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Great Book

This book was an awesome afternoon read. I was hooked from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down.
Antonietta
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5
World Of Books 65
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is J.Akridges first book and what a first book! If you are looking for a feel good swoon worthy story than this is it.

Sometimes you just want to sit down and open a book and loose yourself in a true romance book. Don't get me wrong there is some drama in the form of Kelsi's ex who returns after a 5 year absence; but in general it is about two people and a little boy named Carson and how these 3 come together. How Basketball hot shot Landon tries to win over the heart of woman who's sole pur
Lina
Apr 25, 2020
Vash Karuppa
May 01, 2020
Taren M.
Mar 01, 2021

• Fallen Crest Public (Fallen Crest High, #3)
  • Fallen Crest Family (Fallen Crest High, #2)
  • Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1)
  • Callous Criminal (Vicious Vipers, #3)
  • The Billionaire Rocks
  • Always You
  • The End Zone
  • Her Ransom (Royal Bastards MC: Miami, FL, #1)
  • Dear Summer
  • Primal Heat (Primal Howlers MC, #3)
  • Chasing Melody
  • Rough (Wolf Ranch, #1)
  • You Belong With Me (Love Drunk, #1)
  • Just One Kiss (Very Irresistible Bachelors, #2)
  • FarmBoy
  • Fast (Burns Brothers, #2)
  • Twisted Devil (Vicious Vipers, #4)
  • Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)

News & Interviews