Start by marking “Cruel Boy” as Want to Read:
Cruel Boy

Cruel Boy

Rich boys sin best.
Gossip always goes around at Falcon Elite Prep.
Everyone knows Nate Wilson, the most popular football quarterback and every girl’s crush.
But there’s more behind those drop-dead gorgeous eyes and that killer smile …
He’s a notorious heartbreaker …
And he’s got his eyes set on me.
The twisted games he plays are cruel and dangerous.
He teases and tempts me … jus
Published September 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Cruel Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel Boy

Start your review of Cruel Boy
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
CRUEL-BOY

It all started with a click of a camera..

After seeing this on my social media platforms I raced off to #oneclick and I’m so glad I did!! This is tagged as a dark read, for me it isn’t but that didn’t detract my enjoyment of this book! Though it did have a gritty element that I never saw coming! This is so much more than a bully book!
We have a tough heroine that never backs down, and a boy who goes another level with his bullying antics to get what he wants.
Meredith Wilson
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"He's a sinner, a cruel boy, someone no one should ever want, yet everyone craves, including me."

GOOD. GAWD!!! This intensely gripping bully romance is a dark and twisted read that will hold you absolutely spellbound. Clarissa's writing is so descriptive that I felt I was actually there with these characters, feeling everything they felt during each moment of this story. This all-consuming and addicting tale had me on the edge of my seat, hooked from beginning to end.

In Cruel Boy we meet Nate an
~Aurora Walsh~
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Sam: Underwater, everything is quiet. Tranquil. Like heaven is all around you, caressing your body, pulling you into its embrace. Deeper and deeper, it pulls at your legs until they beg to be released. I hold my water-resistant camera in front of me and take multiple pictures of the cold depths of the ocean. Its beauty never fails to mesmerize me. But I can’t stay for too long; sooner or later, that urge to breathe always pulls me back to the surface toward the dark sky littered with a million ...more
Joelle
OMG ! What and intense spellbinding read.The story drew you in right from the very beginning and had you edge the entire time right until the story ended.

This is not a story where you fall in love with its characters but, Samantha for us was one kick-ass girl.Samantha's life is a bit of a complication at the moment and then she see's something she should have not seen one night at a party and from that moment on she struck the attention of High Schools popular jock Nate who starts to bully her t
Gemma
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woah I was not expecting that!

Twists and turns galore in a steamy, gripping read.

Dark and delicious and wonderfully written.

I have yet to find a Clarissa Wild book I didn't love but this was something else altogether.

The events were so current.
My heart has whiplash, It was filled to bursting with joy, only to be smashed into tiny pieces, over and over.
I couldn't tear myself away from this book, I was on the emotional rollercoaster from start to finish.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Arc of
Dora Koutsoukou
Oct 02, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
Dnf @ 35%. The storyline was dragging and I couldn’t connect with neither main characters whereas they had an unclear behaviour.
Kahea
***4 Stars***

Nothing can ever be easy, can it?

Those were the words that popped up in my head many, many times while going on this journey with Nate and Sam, because, heaven help me. Nate did NOT make anything easy. True, he was stuck between a rock and a hard place, but he made things so much more difficult than they needed to be, more interesting for sure. But even though I desperately wanted to shake some sense into him, I couldn’t keep from turning the pages because the need to find out t
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Sara, 4 stars

The suspense of this book drove me insane. So insane I finished it in four hours.

Nate and Sam hate each other but share a secret. One that can ruin lives. But does Sam know the truth or does she just think she knows? Nate is anything but nice to her. He humiliates her time and time again and Sam always seems to fight back no matter what is thrown at her. Their undeniable attraction to each other shows early in the book but leaves you guessing what will happen.

After a few embarrassi
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*

Cruel boy wasn't as cruel as I wanted him to be, but those last few pages when slowly unfolding on who's to blame and of what they did... Yeah, that was amazing!
Christy Bailey
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
❤❤❤

So I'm just gonna throw this out there but this was just plain EPIC!!! I will admit i was alittle confused at the beginning of this book which would normally not allow me to give a 5 star review but once I read some more that all changed. Holy Crap did this book have me hooked. I love it when I dont see something coming and this one definitely kept me on my toes. Everytime I thought I had something figured out it ended up being the total opposite. It was Amazing! The one thing that would of m
Nate
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
Loved Nate & Sam's story. Wow!! This was a dark, twisted read & I loved every minute of it. Couldn't put it down. I received a free copy of the book. And am voluntarily leaving an honest review. ...more
Kari Wicked Reads & Dreams
Cruel Boy by Clarissa Wild is my first read by this author. I have heard of her so when I saw the cover and blurb I immediately thought yes let’s give it a go.

Cruel Boy is about Nate Wilson the Falcon Prep Eliot quarterback who is the boy that all the girls want. He has plans for his future and his gorgeous eyes and drop dead smile will entice you into his web, but he’s also got a dark side with a secret. Sam Cook, the girl that would rather slip into the shadows than be known, knows what that
Courtney Conti
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Great potential..... horrible execution

I didn’t connect with these characters at all. The h had no particular personality. She was Into art, but didn’t really seem passionate about it. She was weirdly feisty so I thought ok bad ass chick with a chip in her shoulder. Come to find out she’s a weird, artsy girl, whose rich AF. I didn’t really get the chemistry between H and h. He just seemed like a pansy. Wouldn’t stick up for the girl he wanted. Instead coward to avoid confrontation. The whole bac
April Symes
Wowza!! Such a beautiful, complex yet dark and twisted romance that will have you on the edge of your seat until quite literally the end. This was one of the best bully romances written and being that Clarissa Wild does it with a dark and twisted flair. It's quite fascinating to read because the chemistry between the main characters are sizzling yet there are this push/pull going on. Nate and Sam are so complex and intense. I enjoyed their twisted romance and the chemistry between them. Without ...more
Inga Lady Of Bookland
I was expecting a dark bully romance but there was nothing really dark nor romantic about this book because it was just way too ridiculous and unrealistic, missing real sparks and tension for most of the book. Then some dark themes were thrown in at the end, that could be triggering to some people.
The only curiosity was the secrets about the death of Nadine, so at the end when we discover the truth about her was intriguing enough to give this book two stars instead of one.
The idea of the story
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I’ve read quite a few of this authors books and loved them so I was super excited to read her newest release.

Cruel Boy is Nate. Something happens that changes him completely. Then Sam appears. Nate is an ass but I still liked him. Sam is amazing. She gave as good as she got.

This is a well written bully romance that I inhaled in one sitting. I couldn’t put it down. I hope this author is busy storing more gems like this.
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
This is a new author for me, so it pains me to say this, but this one was disappointing. The blurb piqued my interest but in the end I was left me extremely disappointed.
The suspense was intriguing but also left me confused on what was happening. The time hopping was also too much. I didn't feel the chemistry between the two.The storyline was very choppy and disjointed and there was so much unnecessary drama and then things seemed to wrap up too quickly.
It was 2.5 for me.
Books123
Oct 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF@23%. The characters are petty and immature and the dialogue is so unintelligent. The mystery around Nina’s death and Nate’s involvement did peak my interest but the writing was too bad to continue.
G. K. Malathi
Oct 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Well, what the actual fuck.
Tiffany S
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Sometimes I liked it, but mostly it just wasn’t for me
Sharon
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
It pains me to say this, but the more of these bully romances I read, the more I dislike them.

In this book, I was so confused as to what was happening. At times it was hard to follow the POV which is twice as hard when the author is mixing in time hops of the time line. I could not connect with Sam and Nate AT ALL and they had no connection during the whole book, but then suddenly they are a couple…..say what? The storyline was very choppy and disjointed and there was so much unnecessary drama a
-Honey Lavender-
Oct 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Where do I even begin when it comes to talking about this book? The blurb and beautiful cover was captivating enough to catch my attention, but the writing itself was as bland as the main leads. The whole plot was a corny, and boring. The situations that the characters put themselves into made me roll my eyes so far up the back of my head that I almost passed out. I think in general, if you like cheesy teenage angst in the cringiest way possible then this may very well be the book for you. Most ...more
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

This book surprised me. And I like surprises. :) I have read a lot of bully romance lately, and they all have the same type theme, that the boy is so mean to the girl that you want to slap the crap out of him until he straightens up. But this book is not like that. Cruel Boy is a high school theme story where everyone has to grow up in that almost-adult way. Nate and Sam are complex characters that are so real that it makes you not want to put this book down.

This book had everything you could w
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
I've been diving head first into bully romance novels and this wasn't exactly what I was expecting...I like a bit more darkness when reading this genre (it is, after all, all about bullies!) but mainly I just didn't connect with the couple, Nate's character felt incomplete to me and all over the place.

The ending was a bit disappointing as well, it felt very "thrown together" without much thought and didn't make a lot of sense to me (view spoiler)
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fuck me,.. Here I was thinking I would try and write a review with the word /Fuck/ in it... HA!... Yeah, it can't be done when reading a Clarissa Wild book. This author is ruthless and when she puts pen to paper, you know you are about to throw through a storyline full of suspense, darkness and a twisted love story that will blow your mind and of course this is what Cruel Boy to me.

Cruel Boy is a bully romance, one that had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Lately, I have been a su
Anna
Nov 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Karin
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book more then I thought I would originally, it was a tad bit slow at times for me and wasn’t as bullyish as I assumed but, that’s just cause I prefer darker bully books but that’s just me so for someone this might be perfect. I was hooked though and wanted to know exactly what happened “that night” that linked Sam and Nate. The ending was the perfect storm but also very sad at what happened that night and also what happens at the party that brings everything full circle.
Lanie
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
read this bec the cover is pretty
Jennifer Hinson
I am the creep who stalks her. The killer who chases her. The bully who makes her feel helpless. The guy who wants what he came for.

As popular as Clarissa is, seeing that she has a new title releasing doesn't do for me what it does for others. The reason for that? Well, I read the first book in the Debt Duet and really hated the writing. But I am a sucker for bully romance and second chances so that's how I find myself blown away and still reeling from Nate and Sam's story. I know this is sa
Deborah G.
Aug 13, 2020 rated it liked it
For me, this wasn't a true bully romance. The MC's were equally matched & could hold their own. The interesting part was, yes they both began their senior year at the same high school but they had seen each other earlier that summer, and under these strange circumstances when their eyes first meet & what is assumed to be taking place, well, this is where the feud begins.
There are some typical high school behaviors, some characters so vile that I can't imagine someone so young being that vindicti
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Reckless Hate (Westbrook Blues, #1)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Beg for Mercy (Mercy Academy #1)
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Nerd Queen (Kings of Knightswood Academy, #2)
  • Brutal Bully (Bad Bullies #1)
  • Vicious Hate (Westbrook Blues, #2)
  • Play with Me (Diamond in the Rough #1)
  • Falcon (Trinity Academy Book 1)
  • Sweet Retribution (Rydeville Elite #3)
  • Enemies
  • Bully Me Once (Invern Elite Prep School, #1)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • You're To Blame: A High School Bully Romance (Haven Saints High)
**NOTE FOR LIBRARIANS: please check with me before making any changes - I generally make all necessary changes and updates myself. :)**

--- I generally do NOT check my messages on Goodreads, so if you want to contact me, please do so on my website: https://www.clarissawild.com/contact --

Clarissa Wild is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author with ASD (Asperger's Syndrome), who was born and

News & Interviews

“Sam Underwater, everything is quiet. Tranquil. Like heaven is all around you, caressing your body, pulling you into its embrace. Deeper and deeper, it pulls at your legs until they beg to be released. I hold my water-resistant camera in front of me and take multiple pictures of the cold depths of the ocean. Its beauty never fails to mesmerize me. But I can’t stay for too long; sooner or later, that urge to breathe always pulls me back to the surface toward the dark sky littered with a million flickering lights … back into the noise of swooshing water and rushing wind. The shore is mostly deserted, except for a few beer cans, party cups, and some clothes and trash lying scattered all around. The only other person there is Nate Wilson … the most handsome guy at school and so much more than that. He’s sitting on a few rocks near the edge of the beach with a girl by his side. I can’t stop watching. Their hands touch briefly, but then the wave overtakes me and blocks my view. When the water lowers, I shake my head, but the waves keep picking up. Still, I hold up my camera and take a few pictures. Right as he turns his head toward me, I dive underwater again. Here, there are no boys, no girls, and no secret touches. Just me and the water, and all the beautiful creatures below that need to meet my camera. A single picture says more than words ever will. No matter how powerful they are. Nate People say it only takes a few minutes for your life to be destroyed. I never believed them … until today. With just the snap of a finger, a stupid decision and a simple push, I marked my own fate. My body grows colder and colder the longer I stay in the water. It consumes me whole as I stray farther and farther away from myself. From reality. I’m so damn dizzy, but I can’t collapse here. Not now, not in the middle of the ocean. I take a deep breath and peel my eyes open, forcing myself to go. That’s when I spot her … the girl and her camera. FLASH. I cover my eyes with my hand. Salty seawater enters my nostrils and mouth as I struggle to swim. When I open my eyes again, the girl is gone; swallowed by the same waves that drag me back to the shore. As my feet sink into the sand and the water creeps up against my toes, I stop and turn around, clutching the long red hairs in my hand as though they’re my last lifeline. This is now the place where not only my life changed forever. But hers too.” 0 likes
“I’m at war with myself, and I don’t know how to contain it, how not to spread this hatred in my heart to the people around me.” 0 likes