Start by marking “After the Snow Melts” as Want to Read:
After the Snow Melts

After the Snow Melts

Rich, popular, and gorgeous Bryan DeChamps pines from afar for his best friend. He loathes the idea of helping Elliot score a date for the snow dance. With his time running out, Bryan must find a way to capture his buddy’s attention—and that means boldly leaving an anonymous card in his main man’s locker.

Grateful for Bryan’s friendship ever since he moved from his Ojibway
Published March 13th 2020 by Devine Destinies

To ask other readers questions about After the Snow Melts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Snow Melts

Start your review of After the Snow Melts
Karolina Cebula
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-english, lgbt, ya-lgbt
To continue his high school education and study law in the future, Elliot had to leave his family home among the Ojibway people and move to Thunder Bay. Although the boy constantly misses his loved ones, he has someone at his side who to some extent makes the time spent away from the family less severe. Bryan, his best friend and secret love, is rich, handsome, popular, and, as if that was not enough, has influential parents. But most importantly, his heart is in the right place and this heart b ...more
Stephanie W
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
**There are some spoilers in this review**

Elliott and Bryan had to be one of the sweetest coming of age couples I've read in a while.

Elliot had to attend school off the reservation in order to obtain the education needed to pursue his dream in law. Being the youngest in his family, the pressure was on. Being gay did not help in an environment where people could be potentially judgemental, not having any real friends, and fear of the burden on his future.

Bryan came from a family of wealth and inf
Phoebe
Maggie Blackbird brings young love alive in After The Snow Melts. Blackbird lays the crumbs of sweet sorrow before trapping the lovebirds in a car (laugh). Picture two horny teenage boys who are confused about the emotion “love” nevermind the additional pressures of being gay. Blackbird tackles this with finesse and leaves us with an unfinished “happily-ever-after”.

It is two kids who are still partly in the closet hence my use of the term “unfinished”. I really hope Blackbird comes back to these
C.B.
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, you just need a minute, to relax, think and talk. Elliot was trying to adjust moving from the reservation to the city. Bryan, his best friend and the popular rich kid befriends him and helps. Bryan, seriously crushing on Elliot. Elliot secretly crushing on Bryan. The boy were on an intricate emotional dance of discovery and stretching boundaries. Being stuck in a car during a snowstory provides an opportunity to open up. Do they take the opportunity of remain in unrequited state? Are ...more
KL Cassanello
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful coming-of-age story - two young men finding their way to each other. Set in a time when it was still not so acceptable to come out, it was even more difficult for Elliott and Bryan to admit their feelings due to general teenage angst, and differences in background and family income. This was a very nice book to read, with realistic characters, and a story line that's timeless. I always enjoy this author and glimpses into her native background.

I received a free copy of this bo
AND 1515
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow no double wow....
by and1515

Wow no double wow a cute short story of two friends who come from different backgrounds but the one thing they both have in common is their attention for the other which neither realize.
Then they end up trapped in the snow in Bryan's car maybe its time to lay all there
cards out and see where they fall.

Jeanne Richardson
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book I've read written by Maggie Blackbird; she has done a great job at writing a good short story; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Brenda Moser
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a short,sweet young romance between friends. The author does a nice job bringing them together, despite their different race , discovering their feelings for each other as well as dealing with being gay. It's well written,moves quickly and smoothly and is an interesting read.

T Paul
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short story about coming of age and first loves. The story was good, the characters had a way of winning you heart with their love story and the ending left you pleased. Not too much drama just a stretch where there’s some tension but all ends up good.

MM Book
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maggie Blackbird 's After the Snow Melts was a good, sweet coming of age, young love story. I liked that one of the main characters was a Native American - a person of color. My first time reading a main character of Native American background.

Barbara
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A well written coming of age, gay, short story of the friendship and love the grows between Bryan DeChamps and Elliot Wasacase. I enjoyed reading. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Julynn
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it
This was an ok read... I thought there would be more to the relationship but I guess it was not needed

Kaje Harper
Sandy
Jun 04, 2020
Lynn Calyton
Jun 04, 2020

• The Cupcake Conundrum (Williamsville Inn, #2)
  • Baby Makes Three (Epic Love, #2)
  • Off-Balance (Peachtree, #1)
  • Born for Leaving
  • Push & Pull (The Midwest Series, #2)
  • Burning Rain (The Forsaken Series Book 11)
  • King's Undertaker (Kings of Men MC #5)
  • Concealed Magic (Magic and Claws, #2)
  • Binding Blood (Bonds of Blood #3)
  • Longing (Unexpected Attraction, #2)
  • Unlikely Match (Improbable Bonds, #2)
  • Fall Down the Mountain (Mountain, #3)
  • Ghoulish (Colt Jager #1)
  • For Fox Sake (Fetish Alley, #1)
  • Black Bird
  • Fame and Fortune (All Cocks #2)
  • Running for Freedom
  • Coveted Mate (Everglow Pack #4)
An Ojibway from Northwestern Ontario, Maggie resides in the country with her husband and their fur babies, two beautiful Alaskan Malamutes. When she’s not writing, she can be found pulling weeds in the flower beds, mowing the huge lawn, walking the Mals deep in the bush, teeing up a ball at the golf course, fishing in the boat for walleye, or sitting on the deck at her sister’s house, making more ...more

News & Interviews