Start by marking “Runes, Ruin & Redemption (Stallion Ridge #5)” as Want to Read:
Runes, Ruin & Redemption (Stallion Ridge #5)

Runes, Ruin & Redemption

(Stallion Ridge #5)

Redemption has long evaded the former Enforcer, Sebastian.
Viewed as a monster, Sebastian has roamed the country in hiding, running from his bloody past and failures. A series of mistakes has left him hopelessly lost and waist deep in dark, uncharted territory. In order to escape certain death, he makes a deal that may seal his fate.

Lucas has been chasing after his heart
Published March 13th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Runes, Ruin & Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runes, Ruin & Redemption

Start your review of Runes, Ruin & Redemption (Stallion Ridge #5)
Calila
*Received A Copy To Review From The Author*

I really just love this series and these characters so much. I'm always happy when I read book in this world. I think the only thing I can say I wish was different is, I wish the build of the romance got more focus. I mean it works, I believe the three of them love each other, but it's because I was told it more than I was shown it. I wanted to see more of the connection between them all and the why. But it feels like a lot of that is left in the previo
Kaila
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the thing i love most about this author and series is the author hits on the not so normal shifters and paranormals.. i love it so much.. amazing love and magic.. fear and lust.. happiness and anger. so many emotions.. so many personalities and so much fun. it made me smile and laugh.. it made me tear up and mad.. i loved everything!
Dee
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent continuation of the series!

This is such an interesting story within a great series. The characters are so unique, each with memorable traits and personalities.
This time around, we have a sphinx (Elliott) and manticore (Lucas) as 2 of the MCs searching for an enforcer (Seb), who is almost immortal.
Along the way, they make new friends and alliances, battle some horrid creatures, find love, face tragedy together and get to go home to their HEA - as a throuple.
Really enjoyed it.
Mimi
Jan 15, 2021 rated it really liked it

With this being the author first multiple POV'S she did a great job. We understood where everyone was come from and how what was going around affected them.

Lucas, Elliott and Seb each in there own right were broken men who were looking for their missing piece even though Seb and Lucas were previously together.
Kit (Metaphors and Moonlight)
3.5 Stars

Review:
This book was surprisingly different from the others in the series, but just as enjoyable! The others have all been about one of the men in the town of Stallion Ridge falling in love with a newcomer. This one took place away from Stallion Ridge (though the main characters were from the town), featured a triad rather than a couple, and was about characters who all already had history with and feelings for one another.

This one also had a bit more action as the three of them went on
Angela
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We’ve met Elliot, Lucas, and Sebastian in previous books in the series. Now Lucas is determined to find Sebastian, and Elliot is equally determined that Lucas not have to go alone. Elliot has nursed both Seb and Lucas through their infirmities and feels a strong connection to both men. The exact nature of that connection remains to be determined – as does the response of the other two.

I really think that Maz is coming into her own as a writer. The writing is beautifully descriptive, the characte
caroline wilson
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
😍 one of my favourite series💙

I received this book by the author and this is my honest opinion.
I love getting to read these books in the series, each time is a new adventure yet with all the charm that you get by being set in a town albeit with all manner of creatures. This author managed to evoke all sorts of emotions whilst I was reading this book and enriching world building that flourishes more in each story. Sabastian, lucas and Elliot have all been characters lurking at the sides of previou
Terri
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful and heartbreaking addition to a series I adore. Seb is an Enforcer, on the run and trying to drown his guilt for past misdeeds in alcohol. Lucas is the love of Seb's life, who Seb hurt in a moment of panic. And Elliot is the magical doctor who is helping Lucas search for Seb, while he is secretly in love with both of them.
This story is action-packed and full of emotions. The characters who inhabit this paranormal old west world are fascinating. I especially love the Chimera b
Ida Umphers
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't expect this book to hit me as hard as it did. If you want a story that makes you think about questions like when is hatred justified, is there anyone unworthy of forgiveness, what is the cost of hate, what is the redemptive power of love, this is your book. As we follow Seb, the ex-Enforcer as he wanders the countryside drowning his grief and self-loathing in alcohol, we follow his friends/lovers Elliot and Lucas as they try to find him, protect him from the mobs who want to kill him in ...more
Violet Laflamme
So, first of all, the description says you can read this book no problem after reading only the first two books in the series so that's what I did. I just want to confirm that it's true that you don't miss out on understanding anything that's going on if you do skip, though of course you'll always get more context and story by reading a series in its entirety. I will likely go back and read books 3 and 4 as well, but I was really eager to read this book.

This book was a brilliant escape from the
Edga
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't read a lot of shifter books, because  sometimes they can be a bit "samey"in their storylines. Not this series. These stories are quirky and  original , they really draw you in, have plenty of action, and characters full of peculiar and  unexpected traits.

This installment is one of love and redemption. Things do not go smoothly for the MCs. There is some heartbreak, some steamy encounters, the support of friends, and learning about what is truly important in life.

Although part of a seri
Jaimed
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Action and adventure

I love this series and this book fits in perfectly. Elliot, Lucas and Sebastian are interesting individually and together. There various connections they have with each other helps to build a strong foundation and helps them save each other.

I liked all the bits of backstory that we get. These three are similar in some of the past actions of themselves and/or their families. They are all seeking redemption, love and acceptance.

I really liked how the story played out and think
Ali
Shelves: reviewed
I love this world and enjoyed this story though it was quite different from the others in the series. Unfortunately it’s been awhile since I have read the other books so I don’t remember all the details from before but I still loved their story. I loved the lengths at which Lucas and Elliot were willing to go for Sebastian and how they were all able to quickly accept their connection once the “quest” is done. I was glad that they quickly put Elliot’s worry to rest once they realized his fears.

I
Georgiana
I love this series!

Each character is unique not only in their shifting abilities but personalities as well. I enjoyed all the different shifters/creatures in this story. The world building was nicely done, placed in a new location away from Stallion Ridge.

It was nice getting the different POVs from Elliot, Sebastian and Lucas. It really helped bring the story to life. I loved how the author drew me into the story and the characters lives. I needed to know about all three men and hoped they
Marie
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 5 and still going strong

There was an excellent balance of all three main characters. Seb, Lucas, and Elliot are very familiar and their book was much anticipated and it did not disappoint.
Loved the new setting of the south. There was new characters and new places to explore. The world building is great and it always stays interesting.
The Stallion Ridge series has fast become a favourite and this book was a great addition to the series.
Fran
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story of Sebastian's struggle through his life; a life choice he regretted, a journey through unknown territory, and the fighting for, saving, loving, and bonding of Sebastian, Lucas, and Elliot that led Seb to his soul's redemption. Along the way we meet characters from the previous books in this series and get to know a few new ones with exceptional stories of their own to reveal. What I have always enjoyed about this Stallion Ridge series is the mythical creations Ms. Maddox has w ...more
Violet  Marshall
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the fifth book in The Stallion Ridge Series. I would read the first books in the series before this one for fullest enjoyment. A great story with good writing. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters interesting. The characters were developed and thought out. Sebastian, Lucas, and Elliot are the MC’s of this book. I can recommend this book as a good read. I voluntarily read an advance copy of this book for an honest review.
DeAnna
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars, rounded up. I didn't like this story in the series as much as the others. Ms. Maddox said in the afterword that she struggled with the 3 different points of view, and it showed. I was also disappointed that they left Stallion Ridge behind, though I understood it for plot purposes. Still, I enjoyed reading Seb's redemption, even if it didn't quite feel real.

Ms. Maddox, please, please, please, please read your story out loud or have someone else do it as part of the editing process! Y
Breanna Kay
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book

This book is amazing! This is a new author to me and this won’t be the last book. She recommends reading the first books in the series and I would do just that. You won’t be as confused but you will also binge the rest of the series like I did. I loved getting to know Elliot, Lucas, and Seb. This story had great plot and a wonderful world the author has created!
Kitt
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything I like – adventure, humor, romance, and hot M/M scenes. Add to that guilt, redemption, revenge, emotion, and angst, and this one packs a strong punch. I love the various supernatural creatures and their distinctness that Maz gives us. I just loved this one overall, and I highly recommend it.

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving this honest review.
Lillian Francis
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've only read one other story in the series but it didn't impact on my enjoyment of this one. I'm sure there are nuances that I missed (in fact I know there were because the epilogue made no sense to me). I loved the journey towards saving Seb and the friends they gathered along the way. I also enjoyed the development of the relationship. ...more
Teresa
Good!

While all these stories have darkness, I don’t find them dark. There is enough humour to shine the light through the troubles. That being said, there’s more darkness here than the other books in the series. I felt for all the characters and I enjoyed getting to know the Walker triplets, Gui, Thayer and all the rougaroux.
Patricia Nelson
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was one hell of a fantastic, fast paced, grab-you-by-the-feels, fascinating, action packed, bittersweet, amazing, exciting, unconventional, completely unexpected, definitely different, smoldering, and totally awesome addition to this marvelous series. I can't wait to see what happens next. ...more
Jan Purvis
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing journey!

I give Runes, Ruin & Redemption 5 stars because it is an amazing story! The characters, their personalities and journeys are always interesting and never anticipated!! I really enjoyed it. 👍🌹
CCReadsBooks
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I get a little gushy when it comes to this author. I’m entranced by the world Maz has created. In Runes, Ruin and Redemption we catch up with Stallion Ridge town drunk Sebastian(who is so much more than he appears), recently saved and healed manticore Lucas and town doctor Elliot. We’ve met all these men before and the author notes that while the romance itself in contained within this novel, it is connected to an overarching story line and you’ll probably get the most enjoyment if you read book ...more
R
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sebastian is an enforcer, unwanted, hated on sight, reviled. Lucas is a Manticore with a fierce love for Seb and Elliot is a Sphinx, a friend to both but wanting so much more.

This story is centered around love and hate. Love for a mate, love for your pack, love for your roots. Hate for following your families teachings, hate for losing those you’ve loved to violence, hate for running away from yourself and your history.

These books are character rich. The individual characteristics of each specie
DeeNeez
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really love this series! So unique in its shifters using mythical creatures, manticore, chimera, spinx, rugaroux, and croc shifters all in the old wild west setting.
Shannon
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, fantasy, historical, mm
In this latest book by Maz, we finally get the story of drunken Sebastian, a man so filled with guilt. We also get the story of Lucas the angry maimed Manticore and Elliot the doctor who cared for everyone.

I loved this book. The race across the swamp was filled with imagery that you can’t help but picture. You can see the different characters and their various forms.
Her writing is rich and evocative. You are there for every moment. Every moment. You understand the weaknesses and see past them
Sheryl Howard
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is weird and unique in all the best ways. If you’re familiar with the series you’ll understand. If not go back to book one and start reading. Elliot has so many secrets being a magic man, Lucas is scared and lost, and poor Sebastian (Seb) is isn’t sure whether to scratch a watch or wind his butt most days but somehow together they just work. However, in order to begin moving forward they have to save each other, if they can. I love this series and absolutely cannot wait to see what happ ...more
Faye K
A great start to get you into the story. We get to read Sebastian and Lucas and Elliot's part in a romance mixed with danger. Un-confessed feelings, but first they've gotta find Seb and hurdles crop up in the swaps.
I felt for them all from past hurts but they needed the three of them to make them work which needs convincing. Dangerous task to complete and romance. A sad but great ending for the swap themed book. A great MMM shiftier book I loved.

• Hijinks With a Hellhound (Hidden Species #3)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • His Fairy Share (Starfig Investigations, #3)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta, #2)
  • Treasured
  • Of Secrets and Wolves (Winsford Shifters #1)
  • Magpie (Forbidden Desires Spin-Off #2)
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • The Fantastic Fluke (The Fantastic Fluke, #1)
  • Wormwood Summer (San Amaro Investigations, #1)
  • An Echo in the Sorrow (Soulbound, #6)
  • Jon's Boom Shaka Laka Problem (Jon’s Mysteries, #4)
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • Brought to Light (Magic Emporium)
See top shelves…
Maz Maddox is the odd lovechild between a unicorn, dinosaur and vampire. The outcome is a human-like figure who inherited aspects of all three. She is a champion of logic and science, adores beauty and whimsy, and has a slight streak of darkness that dances the line of genius and insanity.

Residing in the wild land of cowboy boots and Shiner beer, Maz spends her time with her two dogs and a husban

Stallion Ridge (6 books)
  • Heartache & Hoofbeats (Stallion Ridge #1)
  • Claw Marks & Card Games (Stallion Ridge #2)
  • Suspects & Scales (Stallion Ridge, #3)
  • Rocks & Railways (Stallion Ridge #4)
  • Fate & Fortune (Stallion Ridge #6)

News & Interviews