Start by marking “Tales from Thac” as Want to Read:
Tales from Thac

Tales from Thac

Dragons, pirates, magic and deceit. Thac is no place for the faint of heart…

Grand Choosing: Kortiama longs to prove herself at the Day of Choosing. Yet that day
will hold more for her than she ever bargained for, if she manages to survive.

Price of Honor: Seishin never expected to fall in love, nor that his love would hold a dark
secret. The Pirate Coast is a dangerous place,
Published April 2nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Tales from Thac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales from Thac

Start your review of Tales from Thac
Joel Harris
The stories were great. Loved everyone of them. Read it in one day. From the first to last story, they were wonderfully written. The characters and worldbuilding were great.

Claudia
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thac, an island in the Arithar World. The stories in this anthology are centered around the island, in a world of magic and fantasy, with several clans battling each other for power - written by different authors. Some are honorable, some are not.
A fantasy world with lots of interesting characters, all at the verge of a new challenge in their lives.
The different authors bring different aspects into this world.which makes this anthology more interesting.
I received a free copy of this book via Bo
The Mysterious Reader
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I freely admit that I downloaded Tales from Thac: A Collection of Short Stories and Novellas because Shannon Pemrick’s name was splashed in large letters on its cover as a contributor. Sure enough, her story, Grand Choosing, was wonderful, and worth the price by itself, but I’ve also enjoyed the others that I’ve read so far. For “a relatively small isle in the larger world of Arinthar”, Thrac is a pretty amazing place with its ties to a Mad Emperor, Elf/Human Wars and Thrall Masters. Also a pret ...more
Emily
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent collection of fantasy stories set in the world of Thac. There’s pirates, witches, dragons, and everything in between! I enjoyed all the stories! They are all well written and I really enjoyed learning about Thac. Highly recommended!

Ken Thompson
Tales from Thac is a fine collection of stories including Shannon Pemrick’s Grand Choosing novella. These stories are sure to entertain and delight any reader.

Sherry Vaughan
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A collection of stories from various authors. At the beginning, there are several stories about a particular pirate captain. These stories are exceptional in that the dovetail so nicely. The last story is a wonderful story about dragons. A delightful read from beginning to end.
sherri jones-teachout
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Included in these stories: Pirates, witches, magic, dragons, shapeshifters and druids. A baby is hidden until she is of age to be trained to become the leader of the pirates. But an uncle will try to stop her. And then she finds the love of her life but in order to save the pirates she is in charge of she must leave him to die. A shapeshifter steals a magical artifact, and then it is stolen from her. But while attempting to get it back she activates it and becomes a powerful but blind seer. Thes ...more
Douglas Williamson
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of fantasy stories in a shared world. Moreover, several of them share the same heroine. Since each story was written by a different author, they did a really nice job to making them into a cohesive story. The stories were well written and fun to read, with several interesting characters, as well as a good bit action, mystery and humor. Overall, a fun set of tales which provided a nice weekend of entertainment.

Highly recommended.

I received a free copy of this book via Bookspr
Anne Kavcic
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I know nothing about the world of Thac but I was captivated by these stories and definitely want to read more. The stories are by different authors but the writing consistently good to excellent. The characters are interesting and engaging; the world involves pirates, people with magical talents; and the stories run the gamut from adventure through coming of age and romance. – The book is listed as "teen and young adult" but I'm a LOT older than that and enjoyed it. But, it is suitable for young ...more
Voracious Reader
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
A diverse group of stories from Thac.

This collection contains some excellent tales of pirates, dragons, humans and other inhabitants of the land of Thac and environs of Ravenford.

I did receive an ARC of this book from the authors. This in no way influenced my rating.
Rose
Sep 29, 2020
Cherokee
Apr 22, 2020
Dolores Hunter
rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2020
Linda Travis
Tamara Thomas
Louise James

• Guess How Much I Miss You
  • The Gift (Bratva Vows, #1)
  • Chace Ogden and the Cobalt Dragon (MYTH Squad Book 3)
  • Their Shifter Academy (Their Shifter Academy #0.5)
  • The Prince's Chosen (The Fount, #1)
  • Subtle Target (Six Assassins #2)
  • Alpha Underground Trilogy
  • Raised in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #2)
  • My Hero Next Door (Lyrics of Love #1)
  • NIGHTSHAKER: A Werewolf Thriller (Nightshifter Book 3 of 5)
  • These Mean Streets, Darkly (Liquid Cool, #0.5)
  • The Hit (Bratva Vows, #2)
  • The Witches of Wormwood Mysteries: Books 1 - 5
  • Half Wolf (Alpha Underground, #1)
  • Puffy and the Formidable Foe
  • Walk the Dog (West Side, #3)
  • Belas Rift (The Hidden City of Chelldrah-ham, #3)
  • Fused in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #3)
"Magic & adventure with a touch of humor (because fantasy should be fun)."

F.P. Spirit is an avid science fiction and fantasy fan. A Trekkie before it was cool, F. P. became hooked on fantasy the moment he cracked open his first copy of Lord of the Rings. When he is not lost roaming the multiverse of sci-fi and high-fantasy fiction, F. P. is either creating adventures for his roll-playing friends a

News & Interviews