Jump to ratings and reviews

The S*x Tape

Briar Gildermann is used to being the Queen of Gildermann Academy, but after her boyfriend releases a sex tape? Suddenly she’s a pawn in a game she has no idea how to play.

Gildermann Academy is where elite sons and daughters go to further their dynastic families’ vast fortunes. Among her peers, Briar’s humiliation knows no bounds when Flynn, Lennox, and Blake, each wearing their own crowns, find a wicked pleasure in destroying her reputation.

They’ll stop at nothing until she’s torn to shreds.

But the only question Briar has, is...

WHY?

Find out in THE SEX TAPE, a standalone bully, Why Choose romance.

**All characters are over 18**

310 pages, Kindle Edition

Published August 22, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

159 books4,861 followers
USA Today and International Best Selling Author Serena Akeroyd aka G. A. Mazurke is most known for her mafia and MC series set in the Five Points Mob Universe.

Avid reader of all things romance, she first started her career as a why choose author in both contemporary and paranormal.

She eventually made her way to MF romance where she found her groove with the O’Donnelly brothers, the Satan Sinners and most recently the Valentini Family.

In her back list you can find some MM, MF, MFM and Why Choose romances.
HEA guaranteed!

When not writing Serena is either reading, traveling or coloring.

Follow me on Facebook :
Serena Akeroyd Author

Follow me on Instagram :
@serena_akeroyd

Serena Akeroyd

Fly into the weird by joining my readers’ group on FB:
Serena Akeroyd's Divas

@serenaakeroyd

Want to get my latest news? Sign up for my newsletter:
Newsletter

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 star
44 (4%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 169 reviews
March 3, 2020
Steamy Reverse harem bully romance with a secret society and political intrigue.

This was a pretty good New Adult bully romance. It was similar to others in many ways, but then it differed in the reasons for the bullying. The book takes place in an extremely elite college called Gildermann for the ultra wealthy. The main character is Briar Gildermann who comes from one of the wealthiest most political families in the country. Briar’s parents were killed in a car accident when she was young so she was shuffled around between her uncles until they got her a penthouse of her own which she now lives in.

This was the place to be if you wanted to leapfrog into the Old Boys’ Network. So much so, that women had only been invited to study here four years ago.
Why?
Not because Gildermann wanted to be equal, not because they’d suddenly turned into feminists, but because I was a Gildermann and a Gildermann always studied here.
Unfortunately for the school, I was the only Gildermann who’d been born without that important organ that was the penis, and therefore a ruling had been made. Every person with a uterus had their position in the Academy thanks to me. Not that they were showing their gratitude to me now.

Briar was Queen of the school the previous years and on top of the world. She was dating a popular and wealthy guy named Matthieu Andersen and thought she was in love until he posted a sex tape of the two of them together online a few weeks previous. A few days later he was in a terrible car wreck and has been in a coma since then and now the entire school not only thinks she is a slut, but also thinks she tried to kill him.

Matthieu’s three best friends are leading the charge to bully her and make her miserable and she can’t leave school because it is tradition for her family to go there and if she doesn’t graduate from that school she doesn’t get her $30 million dollar trust. What she thinks is really odd is that even though Blake, Flynn and Lennox go out of their way to bully her, she also sees something else in their eyes when they look at her, like desire or hunger.

After a particularly hard day at school she is devastated on her way home and her driver/bodyguard Winston, stops and holds her in the back of the limo. He becomes important to Briar and someone she can trust, especially when her uncles get involved and are angry about the tape getting in the way of their political aspirations.

The story goes on from there and Briar ends up finding out that Matthieu being a humongous cheating jerk was not the only reason behind the sex tape and subsequent bullying. The reasons have very far reaching effects not only for herself but for a lot of others. So she ends up working with Flynn, Lennox, Blake and Winston to get out of the situation they all find themselves in. Truly suspenseful, intriguing and highly erotic.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Blog|Goodreads|Facebook|Instagram|Twitter|BookBub
Profile Image for Birjis.
435 reviews307 followers
April 19, 2021

The Sex Tape is a dark reverse harem bully romance. This story revolves on a release of sex video which picks up a scandal on the sheltered and rich heroine. Someone is out there who wants to ruin her and to make her situation worse - she is blueblooded.

'My life might not be in danger, but my sanity?
It was a fragile, fragile thing right now.'

That's how thin Briar Gildermann holds the thread of her sanity. On her first day of senior year Brair has to face the humiliation of knowing everyone watched the sex video of her having sex with her now ex-boyfriend, Mathieu. She lost her parents when she was twelve and between then and now, she'd been carted off to a lot of relatives’ homes who didn’t want her, who considered her a nuisance. She'd pretty much been alone since then, but this was a whole new level of solitude. The Gildermann's were the founder of the college, her family are of high profile and very prestigious people. Friends who wanted to talk to her last year are avoiding her like plague. And lastly Mathieu's friends appeared to be blaming her for the car crash that sent him to coma.

'But I wasn’t born to endure, I was born to make war on my enemies.'

Now comes an organization - Alpha Chi Psi of which Blake, Flynn and Lennox - her bullies are part of. These three are the rich and talented students who are hell bent on making Brair suffer. She is slut shamed, cruelly bullied and she suffers physical violence. Brair is unable to find out why these three hate her, her only solace comes from her bodyguard/driver Winston, to whom she confesses and he seems to genuinely care for her although he was among the rodents who ruined her.

'It was instinct for my hand to snap back, and when I grabbed his cock in my palm, I didn’t pat it nicely.
He grunted, the sound whistled over my cheek.
“Ask. Nicely. Before. You. Touch. My. Pussy.”'

When Brair had to suffer physical violence, the actual image of her tormentors came upfront, they are not who they are, and her family are the worst of wear. Brair is clearly the 'bring them to their knees' woman, for neither Blake, Flynn or Lennox could keep their feelings hidden from her. They were always attracted to her but what happened that made them responsible for ruining her life?
Blake, Flynn, Lennox and Winston - four hot guys, I can't resist nor can I choose any one of them, although Winston is much hotter! They have answers that she desperately wants. Again, is Brair as innocent as she is? How tarnished and corrupted is she for the good cause?

The story premise was excellent. What went off is the book is too short for a reverse harem story. The emotional connection between the four heroes with the heroine is not well done. Brair and Winston had much time together, that's how Winston is understood to readers, we have connection with him. Their should be individual moments with Brair and her bully heroes. Their was only one together-some scene. Give them a private moment, all the men cannot be together at the same time and they all don't have to have sex at the same time. Also Brair has no reaction after her bully heroes revealed their deeds. Nothing felt genuine. This story can have something more, I think a little more pages can give the characters a little more description which was missing. I don't if there are anymore "Bully" reverse harem, if not you have to check this book out.
Profile Image for Jade Violet.
329 reviews422 followers
September 6, 2019
The Sex Tape starts out with a common theme that happens all too often these days with the internet. The release publicly of a girl having sex privately with what she thought was her trusted boyfriend. To make matters worse, the girl in question is Briar Gildermann - a socialite and a debutante whose family is old blue blood (aka the Rockefellers), high profile and very much involved in American politics at the highest ranks. Literally American royalty and not a girl that can afford a scandal of this nature.

When the book starts, Briar is coming back for her first day of senior year at the Gildermann Academy - a college founded by her great forefathers. But this isn't any ordinary college. It is a place only frequented by those from families such as her own and the highest pedigrees. It even comes equipped with an equally rarefied fraternity, Alpha Chi Psi of which her ex-boyfriend (now in a coma from a summer car accident) and his three best friends, Blake, Flynn and Lennox are a part of.

Whilst Briar has been a Queen at the school for the first 3 years of college life, she walks in first day only to find herself a pariah and slut shamed. The bullying itself is firmly led by Blake, Lennox and Flynn. They are untouchables at the school and are not past creating a website just to daily upload to make Briar constantly be the joke of the school. Their bullying knows no bounds - nothing is off limits! The only thing Briar has to combat this is her driver and bodyguard, Winston who offers her the comfort and solace that nobody else will.

All that being said, not a single thing is at is seems. And when I say that, I mean not one single character that plays a major role in the book. Everyone has a secret - including Briar. The why's and wherefore's are really what lead this book along even as a very unconventional romance starts to form between the most unlikely of players. Yes, this is a reverse harem love story with the lust, sex and eroticism to go with it but one is surprised as it evolves, who the lovers are and how they come to be, trust one another and love each other.

I liked Briar from the very beginning - probably more so because she was singled out. And Winston was a no brainer - there was nothing not to love about him. But I was surprised how my feelings for Blake, Lennox and Flynn really changed. Flynn was probably my favorite. Some harem romances, the guys tend to blend together but not this one. Each guy was his own deal and picking a favorite was harder than I would have thought. I think the Multiple POV's really helped with that and really sold me on each guy. I can see how Briar didn't want to part with any!

Definitely it's own little world with a little suspension of disbelief needed for a couple of facets but worth it to sink into the story and enjoy the ride. Who knew such hardcore bullying could turn into something so enticing....

(Received Book from BookSprout for Honest Review.)

Profile Image for Pisces.
213 reviews14 followers
November 22, 2020
Apparently, Blake, L.. and L.. eats her out so she doesn't feel bad when they bully her afterwards.

Just what I needed
Profile Image for TheDailyKaylee.
355 reviews59 followers
November 21, 2019
Read about half and skimmed the rest

I got to about 66% and then skim read the rest just to see how the book ended. I liked that there was a secret organization, etc behind why the guys bullied her, not some stupid reason like she hurt their feelings in 1st grade. What I didn’t like was the fact that they all so carelessly talk about murdering people like it’s no big deal. I guess maybe because I’m not billionaire rich I don’t think it’s okay to take someone’s life... but okay. That was just a little much for me. The rich privilege is so strong in this book it’s ridiculous. Again, note the whole killing people for fun with no consequences part 🤦‍♀️ they literally talk about how they can get away with anything. the other thing I don’t like/get... you’re telling me that they have all this evidence on these men but the only way to get to them was through their young niece by means of a sex tape? Nuh uh. Dumb.
Profile Image for benevolent bastard.
443 reviews223 followers
September 7, 2019
3.75 🌟

Briar is a strong heroine. I loved her. While Flynn, Blake and Len were bullying her she stood strong and proud. Through the release of her sex tape she didn’t collapse either. She stood tall and tried to keep it moving. It was inspiring.
Winston is Briar’s driver/bodyguard and he was the only person Briar had her side while she was going through a rough period of her life. At first it seems like a classic boy hates girl boy bullied girl boy falls in love with girl. In this case it wasn’t like that at all. This is a reverse harem novel. All the male cast stood out, they had their own personality and it was nice getting to know them. I liked this novel. At times it felt that there was a lot going on at once but the author made it work. I especially loved the explanation as to why this college had everyone acting as though it’s high school because they had “homeroom” and lockers and all of that. It made sense that the acts these guys and girls were committing were being done by adults rather than high schoolers.
Profile Image for Jennifer Hinson.
493 reviews117 followers
September 4, 2019
"He’d humiliated me, destroyed my reputation forever, and why? I couldn’t ask him. Because he was in a fucking coma."

3.5 Don't Make Me Choose Stars

I am not a huge reverse harem/why choose fan. While I have found a small few that ended up being altogether great reads, others seem to either be absolutely ridiculous, too drawn out (for the purpose of selling more books), or completely plotless (other than the group together). I am going to be honest here, I completely missed the part of the blurb that indicated this was one of those books and I am thankful for that... I know I would have likely skipped right over it and missed out on a really intense read. Of course it had its issues so I can't give it the full 5 stars BUT these authors were able to create a very unique storyline that took me on a ride far outside the "norms" for this genre.

"I was a queen. It was time I remembered that."

Told in multiple POV (our heroine mainly along with the four guys), this standalone is the story of how five people come together against one common enemy and find a relationship in the process. Along with it being reverse harem (so if multiple guys sharing one girl isn't your thing you may want to skip it), its also a bully romance as well. It does contain some cruel bullying, physical violence, and other sensitive subjects that might bother some readers. I will say that its not nearly as dark as it could have been and worth any bit of uncomfortableness you might feel at times reading. It does end with a sort of open-ended HEA, and I hope to see these guys in the future because there is plenty of life left in their storyline.

"I’d been at the top of my year, the girl everyone aspired to be. Who everyone was jealous of… How the mighty fell."

We meet Briar Gildermann on her first day back to the Academy (the college her great grandfather founded), where the elite send their heirs to prepare them for their futures. She used to be queen bee here, but after a sex tape released by her boyfriend Mathieu without her consent she is the victim of constant bullying and taunting. With Mat in a coma after a car accident and a rumor going around naming her the one responsible, Briar is unable to find out why he truly did it and she knows his 3 best friends hate her too much to talk. She only has one person she can truly depend on, her driver/bodyguard Winston but she will soon learn that everything is not at all like it seems.

“The question is, Briar, are you going to let them make you a whore, or you going to make them your bitch?”

Blake, Flynn, and Lennox are all responsible for the sex tape that ruined Briar's life. They hold the answers Briar desperately wants, but will she be able to handle the truths they can give her? This goes far beyond college bullcrap or revenge and the ones that hold the power don't intend to stop until they have reached their goal.

"Two words. My life had just changed with two words, only I didn’t realize to what extent just yet, but I soon would."

But what if there was another way, one that they could all work together to achieve? And what happens when feelings and desires are revealed, giving Briar four incredibly hot guys to choose from? Can she choose just one, or can they live HEA together as one unit?

“And I want more from her. I don’t just want what we’ve had so far. Briar is…” His teeth clenched. “We’ve done enough to break her, and today, I swear I felt like she was going to break me.”

The ending is a HEA, with an open ending that leaves room for more if the authors decide to continue their story in the future. Otherwise, the ending does provide a sort of closure but also allows you to decide where they go from there.

"I let her slam her fists into my chest because I deserved them. I let her scream at me until she was sobbing because I deserved it. And when she was spent, when her fists unfurled so she could slap me with the flat of her hands because she’d hurt her knuckles, I curved my arms around her back and did as I’d wanted to do all along."

What didn't I like?
1. Just a little warning, although this is considered in the romance genre this book didn't seem to find the balance between the suspense/mystery part of the plot and developing the relationship between Briar and the guys. It felt like they put so much effort and space into explaining things that weren't necessary (ex. going into extreme detail when discussing technology and hacking) and failed to create geniune connections between Briar and some of the guys. It would have served the book a HUGE justice had the authors gave us more of an emotional connection or buildup instead of it just happening. They spent so much time developing everything else that the romance aspect lacked.
2. Another space waster and point of aggravation for me was the need to remind the reader about the sex tape, or her climax being recorded, her ruined reputation, how the faculty/admin viewed her, or how the school viewed women who had sex out of wedlock. These are all important points to include, but not to the extent they were included in this book. After every situation that centered around one of the above, we would then be reminded of why (like we could forget).
3. I didn't dislike Briar as a character--what I did dislike was how the authors made her constantly question or not understand being turned on by the wrong person or at the wrong time. We, as readers, totally get that she shouldn't want the guys that ruined her or be turned on in the middle or after a tramatic event.....but when a heroine is constantly almost making excuses it takes away from the overall taboo/forbidden-ness of it. I want my heroine to OWN it.
4. And finally, there is a 2 year gap before the last chapter so understandably a lot has happened. However, some ot the most important things in regards to their "romance" and their goal happen during this 2 year point that we don't get to see. One MAJOR decision is made during this time (even though it says it happens OVER 2 years ago and hints to occurring prior to other events we got to witness in the previous chapter).....this decision (as well as others connected to it) were far too important to the story to be put off-screen (so to speak). I feel had so much space not been wasted on unnecessary details there would have been space to include these events.

“Fucking fire, that’s what you are.”

Even though I had my share of "issues" with this book I have to say they got a lot of things right as well. They created guys that were all different from each other yet they all shared one common thing---its impossible to pick (so I couldn't blame Briar one bit). Although my favs were Blake and Flynn, they all brought something to the mix that made it hard to even consider her cutting them loose. The authors were also able to develop a story that 100% could have stood on its own without the romance side of things, it was a true page turner because at every turn something else was revealed leaving you craving more. They didn't depend on erotica and group sex to carry the story being told, in fact there was less sex in this book than I have ever seen in a reverse harem standalone. For all the ways they didn't quite hit the mark, they equally exceeded it in other ways.

“Instead, I came face to face with a queen in the making. One who didn’t know her own worth, even if she allowed others to settle on a valuation.”

If you are into reverse harem or bully romance, read this. If you love a good page turning suspense, give this a try. Its not a masterpiece, but it is worthy of the download!

"Behind those pretty eyes, there was a darkness that lived in all of us. We’d embraced ours a long time ago, had to before it could swallow us whole. Briar, somehow, managed hers. She had morals, morals that enabled her to hide the monster away when pleasant company was around, then release it when necessary."

Profile Image for Motaung.
352 reviews28 followers
March 22, 2020
This is exactly what I needed at this point in time. Dark but not too dark, the type of heroine who should know better but does the opposite anyway. I had a few moments of screaming "Don't be an idiot" and "Whywhywhy are you doing that". But I loved it, I needed something or someone to scream at and this book gave me just that. I knew going in that it is a standalone, but by the second half I was hoping that I was wrong and that it will be a series. It didn't end in a cliffhanger but the summarised ending can be rewritten to tell the story properly. Its something I would really like to read.
Profile Image for Bo0kSLoth.
1,413 reviews38 followers
September 1, 2019
I think bully RH romance novel are a hit or miss. The premise of this one is more far-fetched and hard to believe than most. I'm mean, come on. If there was a secret organization that wanted to take out a potential Presidential candidate out of the running due to moral corruption, why would they use there resources to ruin the reputation of the niece in college? They wouldn't; they would go after the target directly. So it makes this background plot so ridiculous. It makes it hard to get into the book because the whole time, I'm thinking "why are they doing this on the first place?" If I ignore why they blackmailed the poor girl, I can kinda like the book but I don't think I can.
Profile Image for Maereads.
294 reviews28 followers
August 25, 2019
I love Serena’s books and her writing and I hate N don’t read bully romance no matter what but I did it for her and I was disappointed there is no emotional connection between characters and the plot is not even believable it was just clusterfuck
Profile Image for Jenny Thatcher.
205 reviews13 followers
August 27, 2019

Merged review:

Deliciously dark!

📚The S*x Tape📚 by @serena_akeroyd 📖 Briar is the first female of the founding family at the prestigious, elitist Acadamy of her namesake- Gildermann Acadamy. She should be untouchable, a Queen. However, those at the top have higher to fall, and boy does she do that when she suffers the ultimate betrayal from her "boyfriend" Mathieu, and becomes the star of a sex tape scandal, designed to destroy her family name. Just after the release, Mathieu is involved in an accident, and shunned by the school, Briar finds herself in the firing range of Lennox, Flynn and Blake - Mathieu's friends - who set out to destroy her further by tormenting and humiliating her to no end. When Briar sets out to find out "why her", she discovers there is so much more behind the elitist front than she could possibly imagine... exactly how much does she want to know and how much should have been left well enough alone? 📖🔥 Firstly, what a wonderfully refreshing difference on a high school bully. Incredibly dark and violent, game me so many shivers at certain points my eyes couldn't get further out of my sockets! Quite literally under breath "noooooooo" on several occasions! Although a standalone there was SO much happening on these pages, which on the whole was a relatively short book. So so much I wanted to know more about. I would have LOVED this to have been a trilogy and I would have devoured every bit of it, I would love to be part of the Mathieu scenes, and I would have loved more of the dynamic of relationship too - Vegas would have been awesome! Really great writing and loved both Serena and Helen together, would be great to have more! 😍🔥💥
Profile Image for Courtney.
1,063 reviews142 followers
September 6, 2019
Received Book from BookSprout for Honest Review.
I Give this Book a 3.5ish out of 5 Star Rating, Listing as 3.

HEA(?): Yes.
Stamped HEA(?): I’m Considering it, and will Tag it as such.
Heat: 3.5/5
Dark(?): hmm.. 1.5ish?/5
Romance: 3ish/5
Suspense: 3/5
Drama: 3.5/5

Reverse Harem: MMFMM

Well this book definitely felt rushed from the very beginning, and I read this book pretty dang quick that it actually surprised me.
Overall a good read, I wasn’t to happy about how much went unanswered and it was obvious that the book just NEEDED to be wrapped up and stamped with a HEA.
The characters just didn’t seem important anymore the closer I got to the end (that been includes Briar), it was a bit muddled in my opinion and won’t deny their POV’s were half arsed. The only one in the end that seemed to matter was Flynn.
I particularly didn’t find this dark so that’s why (MY) rating for it was low, but others might think it’s darker for them. I’d say this is Dark Lite, again that is my interpretation.
This Bully genre seemed to just be tossed in the trash and also needed to be quickly resolved.
The Plot for this book needed to be extremely in-depth, but this is one of those books that idea was great and could be a winner but the writing didn’t live up to expectation. Cause something so big like this Plot shouldn’t have been crammed into something so small as one book, it should’ve been a series.

Do I Recommend?: Well if your new to Reverse harem and/or Bully Romances, I have to admit that this particular book won’t really make you eager for more.

Will I Read more from this Author? I’ll check out more books.

Profile Image for Joanna.
600 reviews11 followers
January 1, 2023
2,5 ✨

I've read some of Serena's books and to be honest, they usually are really good or a hit and miss so I wasn't expecting a lot when I picked this book up but it was a really good surprise.

The story was different from what I was expecting but in a good way. It made me want to see what was going to happen and excited to read more. The characters were also good and fun to read about.

▬ 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬: reverse harem, secret society, opposites attract, age gap, forbidden romance
▬ 𝐭𝐰: death, abuse, human trafficking
Profile Image for Latifa Morrisette.
2,341 reviews50 followers
August 25, 2019
You think you know what this book is about when you read the blurb, but this book is full of cold, calculating people who are not what they seem. The Sex Tape definitely plays with your mind until the end.
Profile Image for Marcie.
910 reviews40 followers
February 26, 2022
I just knew I was in for ride with how this story started out but I didn’t expect all the twists, turns, and mindscrews Serena and Helen threw in.
I sat down this morning, started this book after doing my morning work routine and ended up reading it while watching for work emails - that’s how deep I fell into this world….and I ended up finishing it in one day.
Briar is a young socialite, a true blue blood, whose life gets flipped upside down by believing the fanciful words for a boy who she thought she had fallen love. But don’t let this young woman’s outward appearance fool you because she is just as devious as she is smart and compassionate. When it comes to hard ball, she can definitely play.
Flynn, Blake, Lennox and Winston…the hothead, the leader, the techie, and the protector. These guys are more than they appear and learn so much more than they were expecting to with the organization that they are apart of.
I couldn’t stop flipping the pages as the plot unfolded and this group came together. It was dark, suspenseful, and at times it was like a gut punch with the way Briar was treated. But every single character grew so much and when the truth bombs started exploding I knew I was done for and would be glued to my kindle till the very end. Serena and Helen has written a story that gripped me from start to finish and I devoured it while kicking myself for not reading it sooner.
Profile Image for Autumn.
969 reviews48 followers
April 13, 2021
I really enjoyed the premise of this story.

I just wish it hadn't been rushed but it was. I don't why they were so sold on the idea of a standalone a duet would've been fine and probably would've done the story more justice.

So check this out. the girl is secretly recorded while having relations with her boyfriend and the video is leaked to the whole school (college but they act like middle schoolers) and then her boyfriend is in an accident and now in a coma.

She's still in school and is being bullied. She went from queen b to the one everyone tormented. His friends giving her the worst of the grief. Spoiler alert they love her. I know you're thinking what is this boy will be boys' bs. But it's really not that. Idk if that's worse or better but whatever it is what it is.

The boys are a part of a secret fraternity and their assignment unfortunately is destroying her family.

The story had so much potential. There were some really hot moments and honestly there could've been more I actually feel a little cheated without having a complete group scene.

Did I enjoy it? Yep. Did I wish everything didn't end in a tight bow so quickly? also yup.
Profile Image for Gen.
813 reviews3 followers
January 11, 2022
Hmm. I can’t find many nice clean quotes to share in my review they’re all a little er0tic. Lots of thru$ting, and fun times.

I adore reverse harem. I also adore this standalone, and everything about it. I suspect many aspects the safety squad detested too. Mention cheating in any way shape or form and you’re an awful reader.

Flynn, Blake, Lennox and Winston were an interesting combination. Left to deal with Briar, accusations against her with Matthieu’s accident and the aftermath of the ‘tape.’

Younger age bracket than usual for the author, co-written. It’s hot, it’s heady, it’s naughty. Intrigue, politics, suspense and money drive them all. 4.5 ⭐️
Profile Image for dais 🥀💀🖤.
600 reviews42 followers
July 12, 2022
A stand alone, bully reverse harem that I could happily read over and over again! I will never get enough of Briar, Winston, Blake, Flynn and Lennox, I miss them already! 🥹
I cannot get over that ending, I need more, I need to know about their graduation, their holiday and whether they take down acp!! 😩 I would do anything to know what happens in their future all together.
It was an incredible story with crazy twists and turns that shook me to the core. I loved it!!!
They all got matching sunflower tattoos, SWOON 🥹
Profile Image for Charli.
690 reviews11 followers
September 13, 2020
Secret society, intrigue and bullies

Well I couldn't put this book down. I need more though I would love a follow up to this book and I really hope one is on the cards as I feel this could be developed further but great read and addictive.
Profile Image for Amara.
598 reviews47 followers
September 13, 2020
Love it. At first I thought she was weak amd almost stopped reading it. She's not. There's a method to the madness. So good!
January 18, 2022
She has a sec taped released. Some bully dudes did it but she doesn’t care and bangs themselves anyway? Forgettable
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Viola.
499 reviews1 follower
June 19, 2022
I really loved this bully RH. The more you read the more layers are peeled back so you can see the bigger picture of what’s actually going on and it really kept me engaged.
Profile Image for Alexandra K..
Author 9 books200 followers
July 25, 2021
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end but this author never lets me down.
Profile Image for Lissa.
139 reviews9 followers
December 2, 2019
I read about 60% of this book and skimmed the rest until 80%, where I promptly gave up reading this book.

Ultimately, this book just pushes too much bullshit to compete with the little good it has to offer. The heroine does that awful pendulum swing from a "naive, innocent, helpless princess" to "badass, competent, sexy Queen" throughout the entire novel, and these switches often occur within pages from each other. The scene that broke me was when the heroine was screaming and crying at something truly awful that the heroes did, only to forgive them and let them off with a sexy "don't fuck with me" warning sentences later. There is no character development whatsoever, she never learns from her mistakes, and we never see her do anything. One of the most annoying qualities of the book is that we constantly hear the heroes praise her perseverance and intelligence and all these other great attributes she has but when never see her display them. Don't even get me started on how many times they call her a queen.

The heroes aren't any better. The trio is essentially the same person but each with a different super ability to differentiate them. (Tech rich douche, business rich douche, charming rich douche). The sex scenes aren't all that great either.

If you're interested in a dark, bully reverse harem intertwined with secret societies and politics, I suggest checking out Shunned and the rest of the series. It does include eldritch horrors and witchcraft, but it does an excellent job in the areas where this book fails.
Profile Image for Missy Brown.
1,404 reviews24 followers
September 21, 2019
I absolutely loved the Sex Tape!! I adore both authors Serena Akeroyd and Helen Scott, so this was right up my alley. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed in the least!! Not to mention that cover is hot!!!

Yes is a darker read, and there is bullying. But here we have more going on in the story than just girl falls for her bully's. Your fixing to go down a twisted road , there is twists and turns that take you way out there so be prepared. You will find out that Briar is a queen, but sometimes queens get knocked down. The thing with Briar though, is that she is a true queen who will get back up. Everyone underestimated her and she is about to show them just what she is made of.

So if you are looking for a good dark Rh read that will have you going you go girl, definitely read The Sex Tape, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Merged review:

Profile Image for Abby Huehl.
147 reviews6 followers
August 24, 2019
Don't p*ss off the Queen!

This is my first book from this duo and their collaboration is genius! I'm a huge fan of Serena Akeroyd and now I am jumping on the Helen Scott band wagon! These ladies know how to write.

This book is dark and their is bullying just so you know. I like these themes but they aren't for everyone. Unlike other bully romance or RH bully romance there is a lot more to this story then a girl falling for the guys bullying her. Soooooooo much more with twist around every corner! Serena and Helen know how to twist your heart and your mind with their words. I want to say more, I really do, but i want you to discover their secrets yourself :)

Briar is the Queen of Gilderman Academy, after all her family founded the school and she is a Gilderman. However, someone set their sights on knocking her off her pedestal in the worst way possible. She doesn't understand why her boyfriend would do such a dirty, nasty thing to her or why his friends hate her so much when she's been a good girl. But all good girls have a breaking point and she's not to be underestimated. Underestimate a Gilderman and burn!

"It's better to be notorious than a victim."

Blake, Flynn, and Lennox come from money and families of power, some even as old as the Gilderman family. While the school was once an old boys club the Queen will bring them to their knees.

Briar is no rose, she's a sunflower! ;)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 169 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.