Start by marking “Saint Justice (Christopher Wren #1)” as Want to Read:
Saint Justice (Christopher Wren #1)

Saint Justice

(Christopher Wren #1)

Hundreds of human cages hidden in the desert. A small-town police department wiped out. One man with nothing to lose.

He goes by Christopher Wren, but that's not his real name. As a legendary DELTA operator he dismantled terrorist cults, drug cartels and corporate conspiracies all around the world – until the CIA uncovered his secret.

While taking dangerous organizations apa
Published June 17th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services (first published June 10th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Saint Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saint Justice

Start your review of Saint Justice (Christopher Wren #1)
"Avonna
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

SAINT JUSTICE (Christopher Wren Book #1) by Mike Grist is the start of a new vigilante thriller series featuring an ex-CIA operative. I love these over-the-top, action packed vigilante thrillers especially when they give me a protagonist like Christopher Wren and escapism writing where evil always loses and I cannot put the book down.

The soon to be ex-CIA operative who goes by the name of Christopher Wren has been dismantling cults
Col
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: g, 2020
Synopsis/blurb.....

Justice will be done

When rogue DELTA operator Christopher Wren uncovers a vast human trafficking operation in the deserts of Utah, he aims for the payback to be fast and righteous.

But Wren soon learns there's more than thousands of caged humans at stake - this conspiracy threatens to destroy the very idea of the United States itself - and Wren will never allow that. Not on his watch.

Wren enlists the help of his off-book vigilante 'cult', the Foundation, but that only brings al
Meenaz Lodhi
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“It takes a cult leader to kill a cult.”
A gritty, gripping, compulsive, compelling, twisted, spine tingling and edge of the seat read! A modern day vigilante and ex CIA Agent,with a Foundation, a broken man barely surviving from his past, brings back meaning and hope to the lost souls’ lives, finds himself embroiled in a worst situation imaginable. A harsh and cruel reality reflected with a clear perception of an abandoned and ignored part of a society in decline. A seedy, grimy underground life
Jim A
Aug 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe a third into the book and I gave up. Way to convoluted plot for me.
Walter Scott
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not for those with a weak stomach

Unlike Grist’s Last Mayor and Soul Jacker series (Written as Michael John Grist for some reason), this is a thriller set in contemporary times. Like those series, it moves ahead at a near-blinding pace, though the action in this one rarely takes a break so as to let the reader take a full breath.

The protagonist – Christopher Wren – has a lot of backstory that is provided for the reader only in abrupt and brief flashback. I am guessing that this will be an ongoing
Ann Salmon
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is more detailed killing and branding and chopping bits of than you have written before Michael Grist .It's a different kind of grewsome to the Last mayor series of books and it had me squirming a lot . Rushing pages because I couldn't bear for wren to be hurt anymore. I am an ARK reader and I will read lots of different sorts of books . If you don't mind all the blood and gore it's a good read. ...more
Maria Coro Arruti
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure, but I think I read the book on one sitting. Wow! Kept me glued the whole time. Really exciting book, flows smoothly. This was my first book by this author, and it won't be the last. I'm giving it 4 instead of 5, which it deserves, btw, because and this important to me, somebody made a mess of a last name, which is important for the story. Editor did not notice? Who knows. Won't explain, it would be a spoiler. Read the book!! It's worth it! ...more
Dayle
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Not for the faint of heart. Very graphic but I couldn’t put it down!
Victoria Grimes
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saint Justice, the first in Mike Grist’s Christopher Wren Vigilante Thriller series, begins with an incredibly moving opening told through the eyes of Mason, a homeless ex-marine living in Chicago. It was a creative and poignant introduction to the main plotline, and I became heavily invested within the first five pages. Part-psychological thriller and part-crime, this book is filled with fast-paced action paired with in-depth character profiles that left me quickly flipping pages to find out wh ...more
Colin Garrow
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
When former CIA agent Christopher Wren picks a fight in a biker bar in Utah, the gang beat him up and steal his truck. But Wren likes to help people and having stolen one of the biker’s wallets, he sets off to pump the guy for information—information that will give him a chance to take revenge on the gang and maybe do some good into the bargain. Thing is, there’s something going on that Wren doesn’t know about and that something is about to throw him into a whole heap of trouble.

This is the firs
Jane Hunt
This is the first book in the Christopher Wren series, and my first book by this author. There's violence, written using graphic imagery, that is a signature of this type of action international thriller.

The main protagonist is a contemporary anti-hero. He's the weapon government agencies use to rid themselves of predatory forces and terrorists. His moral compass is finely balanced, and his emotional damage great, in some ways more of a creation than a human his effectiveness is legendary. He h
Jeff Benham
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christopher Wren is former Delta and CIA black op agent. In 20 years he has put together quite a network of people that are on the edge of society. He directs their talents for a more positive use. When some bikers steal his truck, he wants it back. He traces it back to a warehouse and finds a whole lot more. He finds human trafficking. By the time Wren organizes a rescue, they are gone? But where? Seems he has exposed a white supremist plot. Loads of action!
Abibliofob
Nov 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I have read #SaintJustice by Mike Grist, I got this from #Netgalley and wow. This is non stop action with a great character named Christopher Wren. I wasn't sure at first but I found that the pace kept me reading and it was hard to put down. I actually will get the other parts in this series since I like the lone hero vigilante type books. ...more
Benjamin Kasper
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Non-stop action in the US. It started at 100mph and never stopped. I raced through the story enjoying Christopher Wren and his backstory, leaving much to be learned in the next books. It satisfied my itches and left me wanting more. Fans of Bourne and Bond will definitely enjoy this thriller. I've moved straight on to the second of Wren's books. ...more
Tim
May 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read

I enjoyed the book, lots of action and a good plot, but I hope Wren gets a bit more organized in the next book.
Kathleen Cook
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Head Trip

Strangest book I've read in awhile. Needed a good puzzle and it certainly wasn't what I expected. The ending was a bit of a wild ride. Thanks for a decent read that only came together at the end.
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
This is book one in the Christopher Wren series and what a brilliant start to the series. I would love to continue reading this series. Within the first few pages I was hooked, intrigued. It is a fast paced story with plenty going on to keep the readers attention.
Christopher is the main character... He's clever, determined, brave and will not give up until hes finished the job and solved the case. Even if that means putting himself at risk. A page turner of a read. Brilliantly written. Full of
Sofe

(T) all
(I) ncrease
(C) ulpability
(E) verywhere

SAINT JUSTICE is coin, with two sides.
Someone horrible comes along, and flips it.

Hand is covering it, what to call?
Important to know answer, before can proceed.

Then disappears in smoke, where'd it go?
Pick up this book, and find out!

It takes the reader, to places unknown.
Now join the search, start right now.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Christopher Wren is an ex CIA operative, working undercover to stop an all out race war from happening. A white supremacist cult leader is taking people off the streets and forcing them into his little cult. Saint Justice is filled with violence, human trafficking, action, murder, and human cruelty.

Saint Justice grabbed my attention from the first page and held on right up until the last. There was never a dull moment in between. The action never stopped and the twists just kept on coming as ea
Melissa Bryan
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Mr Grist, Saint Justice and thoroughly enjoyed the adventure. It's a story about an CIA Agent battling white supremacy terrorism here in the the USA. It is a good size book but I went through it so fast I was surprised when it ended.

Everything about the book is high energy and fast-paced it keeps you wanting more and Mr Grist delivers more. It has everything you want in an action novel. There is a lot of violence and gun play. It is all done with great writing skill and knowledge
Reggie Parker
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Floored!

What in the hell did I just read? My head is still trying to wrap itself around this story. In today’s time, (2019), I can really see this happening in America. I’ve read many novels that gave me reason to believe there is a darker side to the our country however, this novel has me believing it more so than ever. With the astounding numbers of black and brown people being murdered by white males in mass shootings, by the hands LEOS, the presidential rallies filled with hate and chants of
Norma
( Format : Audiobook )
"It's on you to make better choices."
Reformed cu!t leader and ex CIA operative, Christopher Wren, still needs to satisfy his addictive nature by punishing himself, and a beating in a biker bar leads him into unexpected danger and a conspiracy which threatens the entire USA. This is a refreshingly different thriller, full of action and unexpected twists, even if the amount of punishment inflicted seemed too great to be humanly sustainable. The lead character is certainly a
Julian White
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Proofread before publication.

Christopher Wren is a survivor - survivor of a cult in his childhood he is currently absent from his day job in Intelligence... He is himself a cult leader but with one major difference to the norm - his aim is the rehabilitation of potential offenders. His current mission (?obsession?) is to track and destroy a cult dealing in human trafficking...

The subject matter may be distasteful but the writing is gripping. I don't like using the terms 'page-turner' and 'roller
Brenda Mcallister
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jaime
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
This book is very very fast paced and gripping right from the start! Once I started, I did not want to stop it was so quick paced, there really was no good point to pause at!
A fair amount of violence involved. Some, gore but not overly graphic, in my opinion.
I enjoyed this book very much! I really like Christopher Wren. Such a well developed character. He is an amazingly tough, man.
Narration was very
Colin Rodgers
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I bought this book on my Kindle, after an exchange of messages on Facebook with the author, Mike Grist. I was sceptical at the beginning, because I’m a big Jack Reacher fan, and love Lee Child’s economical writing style. In contrast this story is very complex and the protagonist, Christopher Wren has a much more complicated past than Jack Reacher, and this is revealed over the length of the story.
Having said that I read Saint Justice in a few days and it is a ripper of a tale, and the two projec
Brenda Kilian
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Brenda Kilian by: Author
What a thrill! If you need some excitement in your life, Wren is your guy.

He survived a violent childhood in the Pyramid, his father's cult but managed to escaped when he was 12years old. Eventually he joined the army, the CIA... and then the fog rolled in!

Now he has his own 'coin' cult while hunting the Saints and saving the vulnerable. No enemy is too big, too strong or too connected... if you're bad, Wren is coming for you!
Neil Watson
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Got this book free from Mike Grist on Facebook and enjoyed the story. Cults are typically USA stories and this did not disappoint. Took a while to read as I’ve had a Corneal Graft in September and wasn’t easy to read for long periods.
Christopher Wren CIA wanted by director Humphrey’s to come in finds himself a black dude in a bar full of white racist bikers and here the story starts.
Recommended read
Dave
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
This action thriller started with great promise, but got bogged down halfway through. It was a chore to finish, mostly due to the excessive, morbid violence. There was no real puzzle to solve, as the bad guys running the white supremacist cult were all identified early on. After our hero gets captured, the violence multiplies and the story slows down. Although I know there are more books to come in the series, this will likely be my last.
Paul Madsen
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable Thriller

This was an interesting take on a CIA good/bad guy plot. Christopher Seen is youth exposed to too many bad influences but has enough of a conscience to overcome the horrible in his life becoming an unstoppable force able to see outcomes his bosses refuse to acknowledge. Possible movie material. Nice and clean without any of the usual unnecessary steamy bedroom scenes.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Overwatch (Reed Montgomery #1)
  • The Double Man (Jack Widow #15)
  • Danger Close (A Breed Thriller Book 1)
  • Lost Hills (Eve Ronin, #1)
  • Fire Watch (Jack Widow, #8)
  • Hunt to Kill (Reed Montgomery #2)
  • Nailgun Killer (Micah Reed #1)
  • Aces Full (Mackenzie August #4)
  • A Mersey Killing: When Liverpool Rocked, And The Music Died (Mersey Murder Mysteries, #1)
  • Winter Territory (Jack Widow, #2)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Reed Montgomery, #4)
  • The Protector: Mac (Cover Six Security, #1)
  • Total War: Book 3 in the Reed Montgomery Series
  • Mummified Meringues (Lexy Baker #10)
  • The Midnight Caller (Jack Widow, #7)
  • Her Deepest Fear (Rosemary Run, #1)
  • The Kingmaker
See top shelves…
Mike Grist is the British/American author of the Christopher Wren thriller series.

For 11 years Mike lived in Tokyo, Japan, exploring and photographing the dark side of the city and the country: gangs, cults and abandoned places. Now he writes from London, UK, about ex-DELTA operator Christopher Wren - an anti-hero vigilante who brings brutal payback for dark crimes on an unprecedented scale.

Mike a

Christopher Wren (6 books)
  • No Mercy (Christopher Wren #2)
  • Make Them Pay (Christopher Wren #3)
  • False Flag (Christopher Wren #4)
  • Firestorm (Christopher Wren #5)
  • Enemy of the People (Christopher Wren #6)