Start by marking “Enticed by Love” as Want to Read:
Enticed by Love

Enticed by Love

Henrietta Bailey is a mysterious woman who has spent her entire life living in the town of Crescent, a sleepy beach community in Central Coastal California. She loves the beach, the ocean air, and the town itself. Her simple life fulfills her. However, she spends much of her time reminiscing about her long-lost love, a woman who left her devastated.

Now, another woman await
Published March 10th 2020 by Triplicity Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Enticed by Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enticed by Love

Start your review of Enticed by Love
Lex Kent
I just found out today that my brother, who lives in Washington D.C., tested positive for the Coronavirus. I’m just hoping that my teenage nephews are somehow passed over or too young to have to worry about symptoms. This epidemic is scary enough on its own but when it starts to affect people you love, it just gets so much worse. Please, please everyone reading this be extra careful to stay safe!

This was an interesting book. There were parts I liked and other parts that didn’t really work fo
Karen
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is about a woman in her mid-60s coming to terms with her life. It’s set in 1970, when it was still difficult to be out as a lesbian. She lives and works in a small Southern California town where she grew up. In fact, she works in the same house in which she grew up.

The beginning started very slowly. I felt distant from Henrietta. Why did she make the choices she made? I just didn’t understand. The flashbacks gave a little insight into her character, but I still wondered.

In the second h
Loek Krancher
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Unique and beautiful story!

A small beach town, an older main character, a huge age-gap, a special gift, hostility, secrets and mysteries. There's a lot going on. The first chapters started very slowly but as the story unfolded, I was completely engrossed in Enticed By Love. A wonderful read to lose yourself in and it has a very satisfying conclusion. I can definitely recommend it.

Nico Genes
A paranormal novel about love, family, bullying, and special gifts.

The story moves along nicely. It contains paranormal elements, and lots of intertwined stories combined with memories, one of them being a fictional lesbian one. Through the memories, we find out a lot about the history of the house in Crescent, his owners over the years and also about Henrietta and her relationship with her mother and grandmother.

Henrietta was a good person as a child and also as an adult. “My life is a journey
Kennedy
Apr 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Paranormal with much self-reflection and interesting characters. In general, I enjoyed the read because of the characters. The read started off very slow with much uncertainty and I was loaded with questions because I thought the storytelling was disjointed. It did pick-up and get better as the story unfolded. Henrietta Bailey, housekeeper with a talent and skill to communicate with the deceased. She has quite the night time business. Sophia, student, interested in living life and pursuing Henri ...more
Domina Alexandra
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lynn is such an amazing writer! I love how she makes her characters so real with raw emotions. Henrietta has so much to face and you feel her emotions! I enjoyed reading and highly recommend
Gail
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An involved storyline with romance, intrigue, small town frictions and paranormal behaviours intertwining. Leads include Henrietta, Sophia an Mary manipulative at best. Ultimately an age gap romance, the scenes when Henrietta and Sophia first come together are beautifully written. Ms. Lawler's book makes you want the outcome to be hopeful, happy and most of all filled with love. Read slowly, enjoy and you won't be disappointed. I look forward to more of her work. 5 stars.
I rec'd an ARC through B
The Lesbian Book Blog
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This a very complex and involved story. There are many layers and sub-plots fueling the storyline. It almost reminds me of a nighttime soap opera. It all revolves around a spiritual and mystical woman named Henrietta Bailey. She is a housekeeper for the Larsons, an elderly couple that live in a large house in a small beachside town. By day she cooks, cleans and does laundry for the couple. At night, however, she uses her special talents and communicates with the dead, holds séances and reads tar ...more
Victoria
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a really interesting and engaging book and I enjoyed exploring the relationship between the women as it developed and learning about Henrietta's lift and her different experiences with love. The age gap between the women is pretty big which threw me a little, but as the story developed I didnt focus on it too much. The story kept my attention throughout and the plot was well crafted and full of twists and turns were engaging and logical. I particularly enjoyed the medium/spiritual aspec ...more
Charli Whiskey
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this story! Great scene descriptions, character development, awesome mystery... I fell in Love with the protagonist and supporting characters. It’s a must read for everyone.
I.M. Redwright
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Henrietta is a 60 year old woman, she's known love, but the woman she loved so heartfull left her, and with it came solitude and a hole that was never fullfilled ever again.

This changes when she meets Sophia, a girl in her twenties. Is love ageless? this is one of the dilemmas that is presented in this story.

But that is not all, Henrietta has a special power, one that lets her talk with the dead. She knows secrets, dark an disturbing ones, not only from the Larsons, the family she works for, but
Susie Ray
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is Henrietta’s story, and while she is largely vegetarian, the story is very meaty with plenty to get one’s teeth into and enjoy Lynn Lawler’s well written tale.

Henrietta seems unassuming at first, but the author brings her to life, beautifully through the medium of journal entries, old love letters from her past lover, Mary, and flashbacks that reveal her backstory. I sensed there was more going on than appeared on the surface and the author kept my interest to the very end to discover wha
Kel
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Henrietta is a spiritual woman. She can communicate with spirits and she is a psychic. The people in her town do not care for her and make it known. Love has been out of reach for her until Sophia. The story may confuse some as time switches back and forth due to memories. Henrietta's life does not make sense and her actions seem far fetched. It's as if she is Marie Lavery from the opposite side of the Bayou. If you can overlook the nuances you can finish the book in one sitting. The formatting ...more
Rowan
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely book about Henrietta, who has special powers. She is treated badly by her neighbours because of it. She is still thinking about a previous lover who left her for a man, when she meets Sophie who is much younger than her. It is a well written story, which moves you along slowly but surely to the conclusion. I really enjoyed the whole experience this book gives you. Well worth a read.
Kristina Lovel
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
I received this book free from the author for an honest review. I love the idea of the story, and it played out ok, but the writing was a little choppy and hard to muddle through. I loved how Henrietta grew into a strong person, and was able to heal her wounds. Sophia is spunky and full of life, and I admire her gumption.
Dolora Buck
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this isn't my normal type of book because it jumps back and forth in time and things but it is a real page turner I loved it ...more
Janice
Nov 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: stopped-reading
I wanted to like this book, as the premise is interesting. I couldn't read past chapter 6. Stories were being told instead of shown. And narration was poor in too many spots. ...more
Samantha Jacobey
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story! I loved the flashbacks and memories, plus the paranormal twist was brilliant. Fabulous read - thank you so much Lynn Lawler for the opportunity to read and enjoy!
Lynn Lawler
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Destiny Brown
AC
Jun 10, 2020
Brooke
Jul 31, 2020
Making Connections: 5839. Enticed by Love by Lynn Lawler 4 26 Jun 28, 2020 03:00PM

• Wrong Number, Right Woman
  • Winter Magic
  • One for the Road
  • Real Love
  • Accidental Honeymoon
  • Pride and the Stranger (Pride Trilogy #2)
  • I Can't Sleep
  • True Hearts
  • Call to Me: A Lesbian Romance
  • The Real Story
  • Revealed (Oaktown Girls Book 4)
  • Love Undercover