Start by marking “The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)

The Villain

(Boston Belles #2)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  14,446 ratings  ·  2,177 reviews
Cruel. Coldblooded. Hades in a Brioni suit.
Cillian Fitzpatrick has been dubbed every wicked thing on planet earth.
To the media, he is The Villain.
To me, he is the man who (reluctantly) saved my life.
Now I need him to do me another, small solid.
Bail me out of the mess my husband got me into.
What’s a hundred grand to one of the wealthiest men in America, anyway?
Only Cillian
Published December 17th 2020 by L.J. Shen (first published December 16th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Villain, please sign up.
Stital I though it would be Belle and Cillian too, but then I saw this on LJ's Insta...
Isha Soni Yes it is a standalone ! But there is one more book in the series The Hunter which is about CILLIAN FITZPATRICK's youger brother ..but you can read th…moreYes it is a standalone ! But there is one more book in the series The Hunter which is about CILLIAN FITZPATRICK's youger brother ..but you can read the Hunter too for a better experience(less)

·  14,446 ratings  ·  2,177 reviews

Start your review of The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)
Ria
Dec 17, 2020 added it
Update #24948494 Lmao

Honestly this is fucking exhausting but anyway-

I feel like the point of my review has been buried under so much drama, false accusations, people looking for their 5 minutes of fame and etc.

This post was meant to share MY story of why I no longer supported Leigh because of my experiences with her and her manager Tijuana.

Whatever I put out into the community I stand behind so I will not delete my review to please the masses.
Since I’ve posted this I’ve received multiple mess
Harloe Rae
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hands down the best book of this year!

I can’t even begin to describe how brilliant The Villain is. This is a flawless cut above the elite bundle of precious novels I hold dear. The grit and passion bleed from the pages. Our hero is a battle of his own—intense and riveting. He’s the definition of love to hate. This author’s addictive prose is unmatchable. Effortless yet extremely complex. Consider my mind effectively blown.

The queen of angst has slayed me once again—no surprise. No one writes ro
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 Scarred Heart CROWNS

GAH! The Villain has taken over The Hunter, and I’m not even sorry about it. This hero, while apathetic and depraved, stole my heart. The heroine is absolutely PERFECT for him, and, once again, L.J. Shen has a delivered a novel that exemplifies that love is a transformative and beautiful part of life, even if the process to get there is fraught with turmoil.

Cillian is flawed perfection. He is as cold and calculating as we hoped he would be,
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
Just when you think Leigh Shen can't top The Hunter in the Boston Belles series, she turns around and drops The Villain as the EPIC MIC DROP on a truly phenomenal year of writing. Cillian Fitzpatrick is powerful and captivating! THERE IS NO ONE BETTER THAN HIM!!  This is L.J. Shen at her BEST!! Pure Brilliant and Ingenious Perfection!!! Bravo!!

Cillian and Persephone are nothing short of magnificent together! Their banter and connection are combustible and jump right off the pages. The fiery heat
Amanda
2.5 Stars

In the end, I wasted the Cloud Wish in one, reckless moment.
On a doomed desire, a stupid crush, an unrequited lover.
On the man every media outlet in America referred to as The Villain.
On Cillian Fitzpatrick.

I’ll admit I underestimated Persy on the day of the blurb/cover reveal. From what we saw in The Hunter, I really thought she wasn’t going to be anything more than a naïve, timid girl. But the girl we got actually had the kind of backbone I never anticipated. She never cav
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
It's never too late to change the name of the prince in your story. Just as long as you don't end up with the villain."

No one, and I mean NO ONE writes a true alphahole quite like LJ Shen. And she seriously outdid herself with The Villain. Because this alphahole? GOD. I loved to hate him and hated to love him and just plain wanted to have his babies. What? I like my fictional men mean, ok? Like MEAN. Gah. Makes my ovaries go all aflutter.

Nothing will prepare you for the delic
CourtRocks'
Nov 01, 2020 marked it as to-read
Y'all, R Scarlett just added a post to her insta for the first time in almost 2 years😍

All the screenshots here⬇⬇
(Still being updated)

(Start from the bottom and go up, for updates in order)

18. About Sarah's "side of the story" that she had posted⬇
Just to put my two cents in really quick, I have seen the collage that Sarah did in which she was apparently "copied" from, and I heard what the person "copied" was the title and style and placement and all that, b
Sona Via
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Cillain was a dirty lullaby, inviting me to sink into his claws and nestle in his darkness..."

Yes, my friends, this is the kind of emotions we are dealing with. I am still chasing the high from finishing the book an hour ago. An hour that I needed to reign my emotions and to tell you that this book is special.

I am a fan of Greek mythology, and the fact this book is peppered with bits of it, makes my Hades loving heart bleed with passion.

I am tearing up just remembering the important bits and
Bee
1 STAR

I swear… the nerve of LJ’s team to give this book 5 stars is unbelievable. I’ve never seen a group of people go this hard for any other author.

I contemplated whether I should even bother reviewing this, and then decided I’ll just do it. Hand to God, everything I say in this review is the truth and nothing but the truth. I wanted to love this so much and I was so disappointed that I ended up hating it. I got excited, what with people comparing this to The Kiss Thief and Cillian to Wolfe an
Haya ✨ (readingwithhaya)
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
❂ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍 • 𝐋.𝐉. 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐍 (𝐁𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐒 #𝟐) ❂

“𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬.” — 𝐓𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭, 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 - 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

Cillain Fitzpatrick and Persephone Penrose give this greek myth a twist that is unique, powerful and deeply moving.

A woman who knows what she wants and a man who doesn’t ever allow himself to want anyone or anything.

“𝐌𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞. 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞.”

I fell for Kill in The Hunter and dedicated the next 7-8 months of my life to him. I knew I was
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is exactly what 2020 needed to end on an up note. A beautifully written romance with amazing characters and a story that will stay with me forever! L.J. Shen once again left me speechless! Every inch of my heart belongs to this hero and this couple is one of my forever favorites.

Here's what I loved:
The characters! More to come...

The story is, as always with an LJ Shen novel, expressive, evocative, and well structured. The story flows well as the reader is scooped up into the action unfoldi
Vanessa (When Vane Reads)
ENGLISH/SPANISH VERSION

The Villain is absolutely brilliant, heartbreakingly beautiful, it consumed me from the first lines and I couldn't put it down a single second, is a magnificent story, and a TOP READ 2020!

Persy needs Cillian's help to get out of the mess her husband left her in, and Cillian offers to help her in exchange for her freedom, I loved the push and pull between them, the way Persy stands up to Cillian, and Cillian and his sarcasm, hahahahaha, was incomparable.

Cillian, *sigh*,
shereads.pang
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I love, need, want, and more. It's perfect! There were some moments where my heart was hurting so bad. It hit me right in the feels. Got teary eyes a few times. There were moments where I laughed so much also. The love story was epic!!⁣

The hero and the heroine...I LOVE!!!! This new couple just became my favorite LJ couple. You guys are not ready for this book. I thought I was, but I was not. It totally blew me away. Ugh. I read it twice already and now I want to reread
Bookshelf Obsessions
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
** FULL 5 STAR REVIEW **

I know I sound redundant because I keep saying “this is Ms. Shen’s best book yet” with every new release, but she keeps upping her game y’all!

These characters were as EPIC as the storyline! Get ready for the second book in the Boston Belles series.

Cillian Fitzpatrick is cold and calculated in business and in life. He is every bit The Villain he is said to be, except when it comes to Persephone. There is a hefty price to pay for his help, but little does he know, he will g
Nikita Navalkar
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once upon a cloud wish...

Each time you’re about to start a book you’ve anticipated for a long time, especially featuring a character that has you in thrall from the moment he was introduced on page, there’s some apprehension. Because try as you might, you have expectations and speculations and all the baggage that comes with those. But some authors have a direct line to your soul through their stories and characters. Because Ms. Shen just gave us the Hades-Persephone retelling of my dreams with
Chelsea Humphrey
"In the end, I wasted The Cloud Wish in one reckless moment. On a doomed desire, a stupid crush, an unrequited lover. On the man every media outlet in America referred to as The Villain. On Cillian Fitzpatrick."

description

Friends, it is no secret that I adore a good age gap, enemies-to-lovers romance, but Ms. Shen has truly outdone herself with The Villain. I became immediately enraptured by Cillian's character when I first met him in his brother's stand-alone, The Hunter, and when I was lucky enough to ge
chan ☆
i really enjoyed this! it was a bit predictable, but if you enjoyed Vicious or Angry God i don't see any reason why you wouldn't enjoy this.

i would really love to see an own voices review of the rep in this story tho! i had some complicated feelings re: rep.

---------------
nothing is doing it for me anymore, i need cillian to come and emotionally pulverize me
mel ☽
Dec 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lol-no
wow vicious and emilia look different here
Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK WAS OUTSTANDING.

𝐋𝐉 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧!

A heart- pounding, page-turning, stay up till 4am, CANT PUT IT DOWN story 🅼🅰🅶🅽🅸🅵🅸🅲🅴🅽🆃

Cillian and Persy’s story was nothing but EPIC.

We are presented with a truly remarkable story and some situations that give us enough insight into the understanding that love really is the most dangerous of emotions, something that we have no control over and something that without warning can render even the stro
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
2e0pm6g
villian.jpg

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

THE VILLAIN: is the second full length romance book in the series 'Boston Belles', by L.J. Shen. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

❝ As you know clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. When the time comes, ask for something you really want-when you see a lone cloud in the sky. You only get one miracle Persephone, so be careful what you wish for.❞

As soon as this landed on my kindle, it was g
Phuong ✯
Please check out these two reviews surrounding the drama about LJ Shen:
Court's updates on author that have spoken up
Ria's experiences with LJ & her team

SONG:
Gods & Monsters – Lana Del Rey

#1 The Hunter – 1.5 stars
#2 The Villain – 2.5 stars

“But what are villains, my dear wife, if not misunderstood heroes?”

After L.J. Shen's latest releases, I went into The Villain with the lowest of expecatations and maybe that's why this turned out better than I expected. For every new LJ book I ne
Isa LaCroqueuseDeLivres
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 BLEEDING STARS

See my review in French here

Cillian, Cillian, Cillian…
There were so many moments when I wanted to punch you, to strangle you…
And to hug you…
(OK and to ravish you too)

Yes, I’m writing this like a letter to you, my Dear Cillian, because this is a love letter, to one of the best antihero/Villain LJ Shen has ever written.

You’re so cold, so detached, but your Flower Girl is about to crash your world down. Persephone is your unexpected perfect match, and your story got me hooked from
alluring B ❄︎
Dec 05, 2020 marked it as dnf
EDIT (21/12)

if what’s been said abt Leigh right now are in fact true—thank god i didn’t waste a single cent on LJ’s books bc after reading several statements from book reviewers and this thread, i’m beyond disgusted.

I don’t usually care this much for dramas that circulate within the book community but this one just hit the nerve for me. Again, if the claims are true—how can you, one of the top indie authors, use your power and fame to belittle other authors and bookbloggers? like?? why tf?? wha
Nicole Dykes
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow!!

I have loved every single L.J. Shen book, but I may have a new favorite! The Villain is absolutely brilliant and unique. With heart pounding, gut wrenching moments that left me breathless and unable to stop reading!

I loved every single second and I did not want it to end!

Don't miss this one! Do NOT read spoilers! Just go into this adventure and let Leigh take over!
Sheryl
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Flawed is fabulous!
It really is when it comes to the alpha males we love to read. The more secrets and layers of ice that needs chipped away from a cold heart only makes the H more enticing.
The Villain was magnetic from the beginning! There was no doubt from the first encounter with our heroine that she had her work cut out for her. The pairing of this couple was nothing less than perfection!
What kept my eyes glued to this story was the patience and love the h had for the H. The continual chi
Mickeysreads
2.5 Stars

Spoilers ahead!

What I liked
Now for me the prologue should have never existed, it just left a bad taste in my mouth, which I will come back to later. However starting from chapter 1 (the present day) the book did hold my attention and I did enjoy Persephone and Cillian’s story at first, well majority of it.

A little summary of the book
Persephone’s husband left her to deal with his debt and since she was being threatened with her life she went and asked Cillian for help.

He refused at
Tears Of Venus
Oct 20, 2020 is currently reading it

okay, i tried my best to resist but the hype got to me. if it doesn't live up to it, someone will be hearing from my lawyer.

Patricia
Dec 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Y'all... I wanted to stay away from this drama about LJ, but I'm pissed right now. I'm not supporting and giving my money to a bully 🤚🏻

L. J. still hasn't said a word about the drama currently happening about her, she chooses to blatantly ignore it and rather just turns off the comments on her IG. This makes me believe that everything that was said about her is true and she didn't even apologise. Not one freaking word for her.

Besides all that, you already know that the ARC readers all have to gi
NativeHippiesBookObsession
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦, 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦. 𝘓𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳.”

Holy Anguish! Lock that heart in a cage, because LJ Shen is coming for it. Taking no hostages in her wake.

𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐈’𝐦 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 “𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞” 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭’𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬. 𝗕𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝.

“𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴, 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘧𝘦, 𝘪𝘧 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘦𝘴?”
Mr. Spencer and Mr
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„Show me your true colors.”

Well, slap my ass and call me Persy from now on, because I want a piece of this sexy villain! Shen created an outstanding story that not only keeps you on the edge of your seat with tension, but it also melts your heart into a puddle. I dived into The Villain in total blind, not knowing what to expect, giving the author my complete trust. And L.J. delivered in spades! Cillian and Persephone are fabulous. Their story is a perfect mix of darkness and light, with a we

• The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • The Not-Outcast
  • The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Legal Affairs (Legal Affairs, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • The Scarlet Night (Rose Gold, #0.5)
  • One Hot Holiday (Wilde Ways, #5.5)
  • Broken (South Side Boys #2)
  • Blindsided
  • One Complicated Christmas
  • An Unexpected Gift (Insta-Spark Collection, #4)
  • Late Night Kisses
  • The Lineup
  • #1 Crush (#1, #1)
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up ➜ http://goo.gl/FwfMzr
Facebook➜

Boston Belles (4 books)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • The Monster (Boston Belles, #3)
  • The Rake (Boston Belles, #4)