Start by marking “The Nerd & the Quarterback (Jackson High #1)” as Want to Read:
The Nerd & the Quarterback (Jackson High #1)

The Nerd & the Quarterback

(Jackson High #1)

I had a plan to survive my senior year.
Too bad Jackson Highs star quarterback BLEW. IT. UP.

Last year, I was the most hated girl at my old school.
This year, my plan was to lay low, keep to myself and graduate.

My plan was working. Until the day I ran into Dax DeLeon.

Its impossible to stay invisible when the most popular guy at school claims Im his girlfriend.
Did I mention
Kindle Edition, 2, 230 pages
Published March 11th 2020 by Nancy's Daughter Publishing (first published September 26th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Nerd & the Quarterback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nerd & the Quarterback

Start your review of The Nerd & the Quarterback (Jackson High #1)
Yoda
No character development, no chemistry, no real plot. Throw your money in the fountain instead.
Adriana
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Youll feel the romance in the air while reading this book. This book was exciting, dramatic, and marvellous. The book really dug deep into relationships. Not just romanticly, but it really showed how far friends would go for you.

This book is a high school romance novel and has two complete perspectives, The Nerd and the Quarterback as the quarterback, he really enjoys being a quarterback, and does have the perspective that it is all he can do, he strives for a scholarship with football and
Fjlam
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute read

It was a cute, sweet read. It was exactly what I was expecting and looking for. It was a great break from some of those heavy, tense reads out there. I am glad that I picked this one up. The characters are relatable, and just trying to figure out life. I will definitely be reading more by this author.
Gina Equihua
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Favorite Book? Yes! It Sure Is!

This was such a great read! It made me laugh and have feels. As a total Romantic, this is added to my list of favorites.

Ali was a totally amazing character. She had her flaws but that only made her strengths so much more profound when she "threw balls to wall" 🤣 I've never enjoyed so much about bowling as I did in this book! Such an awesome read!
Maggie'may Reinders
Was a sweet book

Was a cute story. Would be suitable for young readers
Writing style: 4 stars
Enjoyment: 3 stars
Effect on me: 2 star
Summer Bennett
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. The theme of the quarterback and the nerd was nothing special or new, but I loved the way the plot and story was spun differently. This book was refreshing. I really enjoyed reading it, and falling in love with the characters.
Shh... One More Chapter
Apr 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2020, fake-it-baby, dnf, ya
This book was a serious disappointment considering this is one of my favorite tropes. It started off so strong too but then about 35% of the way started to go downhill. FAST. At 50% I started skimming and then I gave up at 72%.

The biggest problem is the characters are caricatures. They're there. They're talking, but there is zero depth. Even the whole divorce thing was bland as hell. There was also zero chemistry between the H and h which was the reason I gave up. I might have been able to wade
Rachel
May 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Coming out of a rumor-filled high school, Ali starts off fresh at a different one. Equipped with a plan to lay low, finish senior year being invisible, while focusing on a bowling scholarship, shes thrown for a loop when the football teams quarterback bumps into her. Dax is intrigued by Alis uniqueness and being that hes so over his nagging ex-girlfriend, he ropes Ali into a fake relationship. What does Ali get out of this? What happened to her laying low? And of course, what about the feelings? ...more
Yasmine
Are you a goldfish or a barracuda?

Didnt hook me until they meet in the counselors office. Only because the beginning kind of confused me. I for some reason didnt understand she was at a bowling alley trying to skip until it literally said it. And the whole story about her car going moo confused me too. There were many scenes that confused me so I had to lower my rating for that.

I loved that she found a true circle of friends and how her and Daxs relationship grew. There were some laugh out loud
Zoe
May 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Well... I had fun at times. This is hard because throughout this whole book I went through a cycle of being into it and then it losing me for a bit and then liking it again and then losing it. I read it really fast and it was very cute at times. I only saw it in my recommendations after reading a different book and saw fake boyfriend and was immediately intrigued. A lot of parts felt a little forced and rushed but there was also a lot of funny and some cute parts. Not bad just not my favorite.
Abbi
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

Great story. Your typical nerd - jock romance but loved every second of it. Story flowed well and each chapter gave you that nostalgic feeling of high school romances. Just amazing writing. Recommend to any young adult/teen who is looking to escape real life for a little while. Just wish it was longer or a sequel with Ali & Dax in college - typical long distance love story would have also been nice to read :).
Invisible  Magic
Oct 25, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a cute story. It was more of an instant romance than anything. Ali is quirky and feisty and I enjoyed her character a lot. Dax was sweet and kind of your average small-town athelete type. Ali is starting over because of a past event that left her scarred. I enjoy Ali and her bowling environment, I think that's where she's more herself. Dax and his teams are cool people. I enjoyed how Collins stayed true to a very realistic plotline with very authentic characters.
Denise
Took me back to FNLs watching football in the stands as a Bleacher Babe in NE SAT. Go big or go home aka those crazy homecoming Texas mums too. UT, Aggies A&M, Longhorns, Baylor...Fun times! Loved me some international football too. Sports are a religion whether it be football, hockey, soccer, baseball, basketball...in TX! Some language in the book so 4 stars.
Katie Dunn
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, cute read! I was hooked the whole time and loved reading about their fake relationship turn real romance. I loved both of the main characters and found myself laughing and getting the warm and fuzzies. The bowling part was a unique addition I haven't read about in books so that was fun.
Mrs. Jamie Christie
Wisdom in small nuggets

I really liked that while this was a cutesy rom com I am left thinking after the book is done of ways to better my life like the characters did. It was written really well. Loved the character development and the main characters relationship. One of my favorites!
Grace O'Neal
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stargazing in full effect!

I loved this book!! Its seriously so darn cute, but also so heart felt. You never know what you will accomplish in life unless you take a risk which is what The Nerd & The Quarterback has proved on many levels. Overall, excellent read!!! I so want more Ali & Dax!!
Jennifer Showalter -  MAMA Bookasaurus
A sweet, yet rich and surprisingly deep novel that enveloped me from start to finish. Think ganache. The secondary characters were as detailed as the main protagonists. Witty, fun and refreshingly honest.
Toni Shiloh
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read of ML Collins and I loved it. The banter, the laugh-out-loud moments, and of course the romance all made for a great, quick read. I'll definitely check out the other books in the series.
Ebony Holmes
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing I definitely enjoyed it. It is a fun book to read and I'm in love with these characters

I loved it and would read it and time of day. This book to to is just fun and is definitely a five star rating .
Deborah
May 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Ive been on a little YA kick. I realized I dont love them as much as I use to. I guess Im just getting to old! Lol! This one is a cute jock plus nerd story. I really enjoyed the nerd friendships too. Overall its exactly what you expect it would be and Im not saying thats a bad thing. ...more
Mandi Morgan
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cutsie

Fun cutsie storyline. Liked the characters. The development was enjoyable. Dont understand why she kept him in the dark on somethings, when she was so open about others. Happy ending though.
Escapist Lily, Based-On-Personal-Satisfaction Rater
The whole mistaken identity was so stupid. How Ali and her friends handled the situation was unbelievable... in a bad way. It felt unnatural. Like they were forced to be so unconvincingly stupid so that there was a twist in the end.
Mandi Murphy
Content: at 57% this book is clean aside from a small amount of profanity.

I just couldn't get past Ali's decision about how she was going to handle the mistaken identity. Kill the trust, kill the romance. And why else would you read a romance?
Nina
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

Easy to read. Depth of characters. Learning about friendships and stuff. Gosh being able to quit your job to watch your kid? Wheres your income? The phone thing was also unrealistic-ish. Everyones phones have passcodes. I still enjoyed it.
Pascale
Apr 09, 2020 rated it liked it
It was okay. Some swearing. It couldve been shorter. A bit slow moving for me. ...more
Lily Cooper
Apr 14, 2020 rated it liked it
A sweet read with a cute high school romance 💗
Tiffany
Apr 22, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a cute book which wasnt super predictable which was refreshing. Contains: mild language, chaste kisses ...more
Cynthia
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, contemporary
This was a cute YA.... I really enjoyed it. Its always cute when the Jock falls for the nerdy girl.😍
Kimberly Kelly
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

A very sweet and sassy read. Loved the nerd and jock romance. Melts your heart. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Gela Leka
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
It was a cute romance but I had to skim read a large part- I really don't know why - it was sweet.
Goodreads Librari...: Book cover change help please 3 20 Sep 14, 2019 12:14PM
Goodreads Librari...: Book cover change help please 1 12 Aug 28, 2019 10:08AM
Cover Change Request 1 2 Aug 28, 2019 09:33AM

• Dare You to Kiss the Quarterback (Rock Valley High #1)
  • Dare You to Date the Point Guard (Rock Valley High #2)
  • The Love Fakers (Love Quiz, #1)
  • Dare You to Fall for the Catcher (Rock Valley High #3)
  • Tomboys Don't Kiss The Quarterback (How To Date A Tomboy Book 2)
  • My Fake Boyfriend  (Sweet Mountain High, #3)
  • My Summer Mistake (Sweet Mountain High, #1)
  • The Quarterback and the Ballerina (The Ballerina Academy, #1)
  • Faking It (Fake Boyfriend Duet Book 1)
  • Popularity is Just an Equation
  • Something New
  • My Know-It-All Nemesis (Sweet Mountain High, #2)
  • My Surprise Next Door (Sweet Mountain High #4)
  • The Deal Breakers (Love Quiz #2)
  • Melt My Heart
  • The Wide Receiver and his Best Friend's Little Sister (The Ballerina Academy #3)
  • Chase Jones is My Fake Boyfriend (Rumors and Lies at Evermore High #1)
  • Tomboy’s Don’t Wear Pink (How To Date A Tomboy, #1)
M.L. Collins has done stuff. Good stuff. Bad stuff. Fun stuff. Boring stuff. She believes in true love, laughing loud and often, being kind, and assuming the best in people until they show her otherwise.

She loves classic rock, old Motown, and 90s country music. Just try to stop her from dancing. Although, please dont, because she loves dancing. (But, for the love of Pete, do stop her from

Jackson High (4 books)
  • The Good Girl & the Bad Boy (Jackson High, #2)
  • The Tomboy & the Movie Star (Jackson High #3)
  • The Shy Girl & the Jock Next Door (Jackson High #4)