Start by marking “Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)” as Want to Read:
Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)

Where the Blame Lies

(Where... #1)

Abducted.
Terrorized.
Imprisoned.

At nineteen-years-old, college student Josie Stratton was kidnapped by a madman and held shackled for ten months in an abandoned warehouse before she finally escaped her hellish prison.

Eight years later, when the body of a young woman is found chained in the basement of a vacant house, Cincinnati Police Detective Zach Copeland is instantly
Published September 13th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Where the Blame Lies, please sign up.
Janie Monroe This was asked on her Instagram a couple days ago and she said yes on 12/24. I dont see it on Audible yet for preorder but she did indicate 12/24,…moreThis was asked on her Instagram a couple days ago and she said yes on 12/24. I don’t see it on Audible yet for preorder but she did indicate 12/24, which is next Tuesday so lets hope that is still happening.(less)

Start your review of Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the one of the surprise move coming from one of my favorite romance writer decided to go to the dark side as Darth Vaders theme song Imperial March blaring out in my head! ColHo wrote the Verity, Tarryn Fisher wrote Wives and now Mia Sheridan created a spooky, nerve bending, heart throbbing thriller! Damn it! Those evil multi-talented ladies are blowing my mind!

I sat at the edge of my couch and dunking my nails into ketchup (at least when Im biting them, I wanted to eat something
arini ☆彡
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
#1 Where the Blame Lies 5 Stars
#2 Where the Truth Lives 4.5 Stars

To quote Eleanor from The Good Place, Holy mother forking shirt balls!

This book is out to get you. It aint take no prisoners. Seriously, WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THIS?! Im also OFFENDED that those of you whove read it DIDNT RECOMMEND it to me! Like, how dare you? Of course, I wanted in on all this nightmare. Ive been looking for this kind of reads everywhere.

Finally, an author who can give me all the creeps, make me want to
EmBibliophile
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
4 stars

Sometimes the victim, sometimes the perpetrator? None of us are one or the other. Were all both to different degrees.

This was such a brutal raw book that made me feel so uncomfortable at times. Specially those Before chapters, they were so intense, dark, and hard to read.

This book was so dark and disturbing. I was struggling between wanting to know whats going to happen next and needing a break because its too hard to read. Josi is a freakin hero. Shes so strong. Her strength and how she
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
FULL RTC

What a whirlwind of a novel. What a journey this took me on! Twists and turns that had my heart rate spiking. Heartbreaking, raw, gritty.
This is so unique to this author. Completely out of the box. Easiest 5 stars given!! Highly recommend!! I cant wait to see what this author brings us next!
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<35 STARS<3

What a brilliant story,I was speechless!I couldn't put it down, it has suspense and it's so different from her other books!It was an emotional read, my heart was aching!

description

What a rollercoaster of emotions.And the twists omg it make me guessing all the time!I loved Zach and Josie. I wanted so much to hug Josie, and Zach is protective.

Where the Blame Lies was captivating and intense!

Jade Violet
Mia Sheridan has written a masterful book. I have never read her before but she knocked me on my ass, invaded my being, scared the hell out of me and broke my heart to pieces while somehow putting it back together again at the end in her own unique formation - not quite the same as when I went in but somehow the broken pieces were melded in a way I could accept.

Where the Blame Lies is definitely Josie Stratton's story. A college girl out with friends at a bar 5 minutes walking distance from her
Radd Reader
Who is to blame?

Work? Sleep? Family obligations? Forget those because this book is completely unputdownable!!!

My attempt to convey the awesomeness of this book is going to fall way short in this review. I dont think I can adequately articulate the roller coaster of emotions and the multitude of who done it guesses I had as I read through this book.

There is definitely a dark element to this book as Josie is held captive for almost a year and is repeatedly raped. The story flips back and forth
Debbie Oliphant
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm such a fan of this author. I'm so happy to give this story five stars.

Intense, suspenseful, sometimes difficult to read, but I was engaged from the first the beginning and could not put this down.
Miftahul
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperback
EVERYONE MUST READ THIS BOOK....

My Instagram - Miftahul_mslovesreading
I OWN THE EDIT..

HOLY SHIT! HOLEE SHITT! Oh my god! I am shocked,What did i read! WHAT DID I JUST READ! I need to calm the fuck down before i start explaining or its gonna be a shitshow. But before that, i dont remember saying this but i am gonna say this now that THIS BOOK DESERVES MORE THAN A HUNDRED STARS! sue me, but this book is everything!

So , Josie was kidnapped eight years ago, she was held captive for a year before
Carol
Dark, sad, intense, emotional and so very bittersweet.

4++++ stars. Romantic Suspense with gnarly twists and turns, **strong writing!!..

Mia Sheridan has given me whiplash with her last few books but in a good way (i.e. exceptional and captivating writing), they have all been so different from each other and also unexpected departures from the more traditional romantic style of her earlier works.

This book is much less of a romance and more of a dark and sad story that is very believable in terms
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Josie thought her life would finally be normal. After surviving 10 months shackled and abused in a warehouse eight years ago, she's finally more or less happy in her life. Or at least she's keeping busy fixing up this old B&B.

But suddenly this good looking cop Zach shows up and tells her that a woman has been found dead. With lots of similarities to her case. But her bad guy killed himself. What is happening? And is she in danger??

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO JOSIE & ZACH?
WILL THERE BE A HEA?
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This wasn't quite what I expect of Ms.Sheridan, but I still enjoyed it! I like the occasional captivity theme book, so this was good for the fact I was in the mood for it! I liked both characters and I do agree with other reviewers in that this did seem more like a suspense with just a side of romance. I typically struggle with suspenseful romance for that reason -- the imbalance between the romance scenes and the suspense. I wouldn't say I necessarily struggled with
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio...4 stars
Story...3.5 stars

I mostly enjoyed the story. There were some really emotional as well as dark scenes that were really well done. But when it came to the romance, it fell completely flat. The H and h were boring. I felt no connection between them. Honestly, if the romance part was written out, I would have enjoyed the book a lot more.
Pam Godwin
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. Tragic. Inspirational.
This gritty story resonates with the human soul in such a powerful, long-lasting way. It will gut you, hearten you, keep you guessing, blow your mind, and make you desperate for more of Mia Sheridan's masterful words.
Oh, what brilliant, well-thought-out, three-dimensional character arcs. The heroine's journey is gripping and painful, a story of survival and understanding love. You won't just root for her. You'll ache to hold her hand, to hug her, to never let her
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars ⭐ ...more
Stacie
5+ "All the Stars!" Stars!!

I am not going to give one thing away. What I will say is Josie has all my love and respect. This is quite different for Mia Sheridan and I loved every sentence. I'm really hoping we get more Thriller/Mysteries from her. This book was genius! Happy reading!!
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo EC56F7EC-2C0B-4953-9D4A-22F47620ED7B_zpsronc9qbq.jpg

Josie Strattons life was forever changed when she was a nineteen year old carefree college student at the University of Cincinnati. She was abducted by a monster who imprisoned her for months before she finally escaped. Now shes a 28 yr. old woman who has endured enough personal hell to last a lifetime. Shes a survivor trying to move on with her life. She longed for peace and to be anonymous. Shes finally in a good place emotionally, and looking forward to a
Syndi
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my! How I miss Mia Sheridan books. Where the Blame Lies really a cure for that aching lost for her works. Its been a while since I read her wonderful book.

Where the Blame Lies is a mystery suspense romance. There is trigger warning such as sexual assault, child abuse, murder and kidnapping.
Mia Sheridan blends perfectly the aspect of mystery and romance. The suspense is really alive until the end of the book. The crime problem solving does not damper the romance. Josie is a survivor. She is
Shawna
3.5 stars - Romantic Suspense

This one is hard to rate/review because my feelings about it are sort of mixed. I was sucked into the story, and the suspense aspect was gripping and kept me guessing.

But the extreme torture and brutality that the heroine endures is graphic and really hard to read about. (view spoiler)
Anna
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another masterpiece from Mia Sheridan!
More suspense, little romance, but this heroine needs a lot of romancing!
Couldn't read some pages, skipped a lot
Very dark
It's written totally different than her others books
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

The second I read this blurb I knew that I had to read the book, which luckily enough for me I read the blurb after the book was live. I started it right away and devoured this story. I was captivated right away and I'm pretty sure I didn't move from my spot on the couch once I downloaded it.

The story is told is dual POV's from Detective Zach Copeland and Josie Stratton, and goes back and forth from the present to the past when Josie was being held captive by a mad
Curlyhairlass19
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
6 shuttering brilliant stars!

Casus belli. Where the blame lies. This book took me way outside my comfort zone, and made me think and look at things very differently around me. Mia dug deep, and boy did it pay off. This book was so unlike anything shes ever done, and I must say, Im slightly terrified of her at the moment. This story chilled me to the bone. I loved the mysterious element that it had to it. The suspense. The horror! There were times I was literally gripping the edge of the chair
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-2019
4.5/ 5 stars

Wow! I have read every book that Mia Sheridan has written. Her last two books (The Wish Collector and Savaged) have moved gradually towards stories that have mysteries. I knew that her newest book, Where the Blame Lies was supposedly a romantic suspense. But I was not expecting the suspense and thriller aspect of this book to be so great. This book was chilling. This book was disturbing. I was on the edge of my seat. I love the author's romances. But I have to say that I was stunned
Carla Bulian
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ashley
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: btb-2020, 2020
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

Sweet, dear Mia Sheridan, DIY Queen, just chilled me to the bone. Holy cow! Where the Blame Lies was different from anything I've read of Mia's before, but this is one of my favorite things about her as an author - she's versatile!

As soon as I made time for this book, I was hooked. I couldn't find any desire to put it down and was constantly looking for little snippets of time to read this story. Josie's trauma was heavy and hard to bear, but it felt wholly
Nafisa
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
let me warn you first
this book is DARK
and i mean . .

REALLY DARK

oh but in such a fascinating way!

Where The Blame Lies is not your typical romance novel.
Oh no
It's so much more.
It has all the elements required to make the book so captivating and heart-gripping.

Where The Blame Lies is such a wild ride of a book and it's so emotional, raw and riveting it made me uncomfortable yet engrossed in the book throughout the entire time.

To keep it short it's just a whirlwind of a novel but a beautiful
Michele
"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."

Where the Blame Lies was pure brilliance! I always find myself impressed when an author can step outside of their norm and write something different. Mia Sheridan took this to the extreme and wrote a book that left my jaw on the floor! I'm not typically surprised by twists in books and this one gave me whiplash...I was that shocked and I LOVED every bit of it!

"...love didnt end. Love never died. Love went on and on, like a swiftly moving
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
Its been a minute since Ive really enjoyed a romantic suspense novel, but holy Hannah did I ever enjoy the heck out of this one.

In case you were wondering, with Where the Blame Lies its become very clear that theres no storyline that Mia Sheridan cant master. Those of you looking for the emotional depth that is sort of the hallmark of Ms. Sheridans storytelling youll find that here. But its a little darker. A little more twisty. And its not entirely tied to the romance which kindles slowly
JewelsyGoolsy
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg. This is the first time in ages I couldnt put a book down until it was completely finished at 4am in the morning.

I swear I would totally give this book 5 stars but I wish I was given more closure and less unanswered questions. Lots to rave about and lots to vent about, but I cant explain any of it without giving away big spoilers - which I wont do in this review. Bravo to the author.
Maryse's Book Blo...: Where the Blame Lies by Mia Sheridan 29 35 Oct 03, 2019 02:47PM

• Release
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Fighting Absolution
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Inappropriate
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • Enemies
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Perfect Strangers
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Regretting You

Where... (2 books)
  • Where the Truth Lives (Where, #2)