Start by marking “Blowback (The Monsters Within Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blowback (The Monsters Within Duet, #2)

Blowback

(The Monsters Within Duet #2)

This was supposed to be simple. Vengeance was mine. But I should know by now that nothing in life is easy.

My endgame has changed all because I met someone who wishes I was dead. Yet her hatred is the only thing saving her from The Big Bad. My lies protect her, so the harder she hates, the safer she is.

The thing about love and hate—it skates a very thin line. I need to stay
Published May 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Blowback, please sign up.
Rono Tsm it's really important to read bullseye before reading Blowback.…moreit's really important to read bullseye before reading Blowback.(less)

Start your review of Blowback (The Monsters Within Duet, #2)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: duet, dark-read
4 STARS
My body, my mind, and my heart are lost to him, and I don’t know if they’ll ever be found.

Truth be told, I'm not a big trilogy or duet girl. More often than not, the next book will lose it's fizzle for me. Or the conclusion feels like filler, stretched out, and total anticlimactic. True story. Most trilogies I've read, I'll devour book one and then the next one will fall short. I'm a picky beoch, okay? Stop looking at me like that.

When I read Bullseye: The Monsters Within Due
Jessica
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Monica James knows how to write a dark romance and I could not wait to pick up this second part of the Monsters Within Duet. That ending of book two had me dying to know what was going to happen with the romance and Bull's goal of revenge.

When this book started, I will say it started off a little slow. After the bombs that were dropped at the end of the first book, I wanted that intensity to pick right back up in this book. After the initial opening scene, I would say I did not get really inves
Syndi
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow! This book is epic. The epic conclusion of Bull and Tiger's story. Miss James is master at twisting plot. Until the very last, she still managed to rip the rug under so I have to hold my breath on the conclusion.

Despite the layer of plot/ twist, I am blown away with the story. I can breath easy now knowing the HEA. I do not want to tell more in my review because I do not want to give the spoiler. Just read this book. This is awesome.

5 stars
hooked_on_books
image: description

★★★𝑅𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤★★★
(𝑨𝑹𝑪 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘.)
𝑅𝐴𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐺:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

image: description

I’ll try not to spoil anything.

𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 is the second and the last book in 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏 𝑫𝒖𝒆𝒕.
I was captivated by Bullseye’s story from the get-go; his story was so tragic and heartbreaking all at once
After his brother was killed right in front of his eyes, Bullseye has one and only one goal. Avenge his brother’s death. Two down, two to go.

They say before embarking upon a journey of revenge, dig
Meredith Wilson
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
Wow! James fully and completely slayed this duet. This all-consuming story hooked me from the start and held me captive until the very end. It was everything that I love in a story and so much more. It was so good. So intense. So raw. So gritty. So explosively emotional. So incredibly unique. It owned my heart and soul, and is hands down, the best duet of 2020.

I don't want to give anything away, but this book picks up where Bullseye left off and takes off running from there. Bull and Tiger have
Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
BULLSEYE: The Monsters Within Duet Book 1 no spoiler REVIEW

808s & Heartbreak
*arc generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

description

“I can't fix him, can't make him better
And I can't do nothing about his strange weather.”

Shades Of Cool – Lana Del Rey

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
Bull was supposed to have it his way. Then Tiger entered his life and things changed.
Yet… The bad guys aren’t safe from this bad guy. Bull will get what he wa
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
HOLY CATS! What a thrilling conclusion to the most intense, twisty duet I ever read. I normally go for the contemporary sappy romance but surprisingly I was hooked and consumed by this one. This author has a talent of using her words and stories to reel you in regardless of genres … After Bullseye I could not wait for book two and Monica did not disappoint. This duet cannot be summarized in a few paragraphs and even after reading the excerpt, it’s still clear as mud. It’s undeniably complicated ...more
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book two took it up a notch with the bulk of the development happening in what was an interesting and involved plot. Bull maintained his edge while still being champion to his Tiger. There were some plot points that weren’t necessarily to my taste but I took them for what they were. The pacing was mostly consistent with the exception of the heroine and her interactions with the antagonist of the story.

All in all, I wanted to see where the story was going and I was certainly entertained.

Compleme
Bozena
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"There are no good guys in this story. Just men driven by their own selfish reasons. Me included."

This quote summarizes the topic of this unbelievable emotional and gripping story.
This is the second book in a duet and it's a mind-blowing and gripping dark romance.
In the first book "Bullseye" Bull had to end all contacts with Tiger. It was either that or risking her and her child's life.
He dedicated his life to revenge on the men who destroyed his life. In this book
Bull is playing extremely da
Courtney
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m not very eloquent with words so bear with me, it always blows my mind when I find an author that can create such an intense world and characters that can pull a reader in and make them feel as if they are a part of the world or understand each and every character on a personal level. This author has become one of my favorites that do exactly this to me every time I read her words. Bull is what we would call an anti-hero, he can be cruel, he can be mean, he can throw what little moral compass ...more
Sarah Gomez (cruel existence books)
“𝑺𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑰’𝒎 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝑰’𝒎 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒓… 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖.” — 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌, 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒂 𝑱𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔.
I don't know how she does it, but Monica James brought me to my damn knees once again.
Left me breathless and bound until the end, and what an end it was.
This book sets the bar so high, your emotions will go out of control and you WILL fall in love with these characters once again.
Never in my life have I highlighted as many lines as I did with ‘Blowback’.
The chemistry between them is intense, hot and of
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5 "Roaring Demons" Stars ⭐️
OMG! Blowback was the perfect conclusion to Bull and Tiger's story! This book stole my breath by its violence, but also by the level of feels it delivers! I'm still reeling from this crazy journey days after my read of this novel. I really needed those few days to get my thoughts together coherently before writing my final review! Monica James isn’t one of my favorite authors without a reason and she proved it once again with Blowback.

This story had me biting my
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rate: 4,5 / 5 stars

An epic, twisted, emotional, dark and sexy conclusion to Bull's story! Wow what a ride. Lily surprised me a lot in this book... how soon she realised her brother's true colors and how that made her change her whole viewpoint on everything going on, what she was willing to sacrifice for the ones she loved ooh. I really loved how strong, fierce and bada** she was.

Bull once again showed how much of a master mind he was, even though things didn't go exactly according to plan...
it.sgottabethebooks
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s taken me days to find the right words to explain how I feel about Bull & Tiger’s conclusion. This book is phenomenal and has surpassed any expectations I had. Monica James has taken a vengeful, broken shell of a man and made his heart beat for the feisty woman who caught more than his attention. His willingness to let go of his vengeance all for the name of love made my heart melt. The suspense, action and heat this book delivers had me in an all-consuming trance. I could not put the book d ...more
queen_of_the_books_18
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blowback is book 2 in the Monsters within duet and Monica James didn’t pull any punches. She gave us an explosive ending to Bull and Tiger’s love story.

After a slow start after that epic ending of book 1, book 2 got down the the nitty gritty, with Monica James showcasing that dark romance is definitely what she excels at writing. Bull and Tiger’s story was raw, dark and sometimes downright painful and i was here for it.

The mystery and suspense will keep you on the edge of your seat, trying to f
Athena D.
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

I’m loving the final book to The Monsters Within duet! It was EVERYTHING l anticipated and more! I couldn’t get enough of Bull and Tiger, and the gamut of emotions I had throughout the unraveling of each key player’s motivations and how it’s all connected. At the end of their journey, I can easily say that I’m so happy for Cody and Lily. One of my favourite quotes, which is spot on accurate...LOVE IT!!!

“Every story has a hero. And it has a villain. But I guess in this story—yo
A Book Obsessed Brit
Blowback is the anticipated conclusion to Bull and Tiger's story, and after the ending of book 1 -Bullseye, I couldn't wait to see how their story was going to play out. The novel continues on from where we left our characters last, the chasm between Hero and heroine only growing further apart. Bull has his mind set on sticking to his vengeance while trying to keep Tiger safe doing her brother's bidding. Ever the calculated risk taker Bull has a few ace's up his sleeves along the way.

Blowback wa
TheSassyNerdBlog
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
God damn it... I swear Monica James is out to kill me...
HOLY. HELL!!

Blowback is book two in The Monsters Within duet and after book one, Bullseye had me in freaking pieces at the end, I went into Blowback scared to see what was next and still pretty shattered and once again, the author didn't go easy on her readers. Oh.. HELL NO, she went anything but easy. This book and the story between Bull and Tiger is not only a dark one, but it's emotional and gut-wrenching. There were moments throughout
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
WHAT. A. CONCLUSION. Am I right?! Just plain a blowAWAY,check out my full review & more on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
 photo 20200111_114416_zpsamj4mlz9.png
Tiff
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The twists, the turns! The violence, the sexy times! The character growth! This was absolutely amazing! I was like work? Fuck work! I’m going to read this awesomeness! Five stars from me! I wish I could read it again for the first time!
Jessie
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my freaking nails!!! I almost chew it! This is the best dark/suspense romance of the year so far!!! Majestic! Bulls It's etched in my mind... Unforgettable!

FULL REVIEW TO COME.
Rosie
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Ever since I finished Bullseye, I have been highly anticipating the conclusion Blowback to get the answers to all my questions after the ending of Bullseye. Thankfully Blowback picks up right where Bullseye leaves off. This book is incredibly hard to review in the way I normally do, but I will try my best, I just don’t want to give any spoilers away.

Bull has just been hit with some hard facts and information which has once again changed life as he knows it. His whole game plan to aveng
Sofia´s Beddable Reads
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Hello, Monica James? Hi, it’s me again. Uh, sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to let you know… I might need another Bull book, like ASAP. What about turning this duet into a trilogy, hum? *wink*wink* Okay, maybe not that; I’m here talking like I understand anything about writing and story/series structure and stuff… Just please consider bringing him back at some point. Please. Thank you.

Look, don’t get me wrong: this book – scratch that – this duet had EVERYTHING and then some. I absolutety
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads-2020
After finishing Bullseye I have been waiting for this one. I couldn’t wait to dive in and see how Bull and Tiger’s story would play out and boy, it was nothing like I was expecting in my mind.

Bull and Lilly’s relationship is not an easy one. It is full of ups and down, twists and turns and will probably give you whiplash, but it is worth EVERY SINGLE MOMENT! These two have some ridiculously hot chemistry and I love them together, but I also love them as individual characters.

Lilly is strong, s
Kodie Mackay
Honestly I'm not literate enough to put into words just how phenomenal this book is and give it the review it deserves. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to chew your ear off with my crazy babbling thoughts. If it makes no sense.. my excuse is I'm sleep deprived with a crazy brain.

Blowback books 2 and the conclusion to the Monsters Within Duet is here. You're not ready for it.

After the jawdropping mother effing cliffy Monica left us at in book one I think it's safe to say we have all cooked
Andi Isack
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blowback is pretty damn intense. It's the conclusion of bull and tiger's story. It magically plays danger, challenge, violence and passion. Cuts deep. It's unpredictabie. But is quite amazing. Amazing because of the highest level of loyalty, amazing because is majestically mix all the sides of love. Where love feeds blood, and blood means love. If you love dark stories, this one will end running through your viens. Revenge, there is the main goal, it's what he is looking forward. No matter the c ...more
Erika's Book Blog
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark
"With my heart in my throat, I get lost in those mismatched eyes, wanting to remain lost forever."

The explosive conclusion to Bullseye was a road full of twisty turning, unexpected jaw-dropping action, suspense, and steamy happenings!! I ate it up with a spoon as I saw the events unfold and had absolutely no clue how it would end up. My little dark heart sang when these two went up against the world!! With my hands white-knuckling my Kindle, and my heart firmly stuck in my throat, I read it in o
Emilia || Dark Side of the Book
BLOWBACK

I was waiting for the „Blowback” after ended „Bullseye” because Monica James done a good job with the first book of „The Monsters Within Duet”. I was curious how will be Bull's next step with all this situation.

When I started this book I was IN the plot after 40% of the book. The first chapters don't charmed me. But after this 40% I was really grateful to reading this book. We are invited to te dirty world of stripclubs and the revenge of course.

Tiger grew up in this book. We can see her c
shereads.pang
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
~ I received an ARC for a honest review. ⁣

Deserves more than 5 stars. OMG!!! PERFECT CONCLUSION to the Monsters Within Duet. I was at the edge of my seat throughout the whole book. I was so scared/nervous that my legs were legit shaking. Lol words can't express how much my heart hurts for both Bull and Tiger. I definitely shed some tears. Those twists and turns caught me off guard. Didn't see it coming. Totally intense, ansty, bloody, dirty, sexy, full of action.⁣

Blowback picked right after wh
Priyanka  Dhingra
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Most books have one hero, one villain and one heroine in the story but this story is full of Villians and let me tell you this book is dark, filthy, full of revenge which will leave your heart bleed. If you're looking for something easy, then this book is not for you.

This is the second book and continuation of the Bulleye by the author Monica James. You can't read this book stand alone.

This book continues its story from the fight which occurs between the Bull and Lily or 'Tiger" where he makes s
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Southern Comfort (Southern, #2)
  • Hate (Madison Kate, #1)
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs, #3)
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • Kiss King (Forever You #2)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Harvest of Sighs (Thornchapel, #3)
  • Surrender (Voyeur, #3.5)
  • Looking to Score
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • More Of Us (A Love You More Rock Star Romance, #3)
  • Corrupt Kingdom
  • IOU
  • Savage (Rosewood High #3)
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare, and Emily Dickinson.
When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt, and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers. She draws her inspiration from life.
She is a bestselling author in the U.S.,

The Monsters Within Duet (2 books)
  • Bullseye (The Monsters Within Duet, #1)