Start by marking “Never Truth” as Want to Read:
Never Truth

Never Truth

(The Five Families #2)

Nico
They say you dont know what youve lost until its gone, but that wasnt true. I knew exactly how devastating it would be to lose Sofia, and I did it anyway.

She doesnt think I have the right to walk back into her life. Too bad. Im not the same playground protector she grew up with. Ive grown into a hardened, selfish man, and her tears wont deter me. Now that Ive had a
Paperback
Published January 21st 2020 by Jill Ramsower, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Never Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Truth

Start your review of Never Truth
CourtRocks
Mar 10, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jypsy
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you The Next Step PR and the author for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Never Truth: A Mafia Romance
The Five Families #2
By: Jill Ramsower

*REVIEW* 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Having read the first book in the series, Forever Lies, I had high hopes for Never Truth. I was, fortunately, not disappointed. Sofia and Nico are the embodiment of second chances, even if tough circumstances. As teens, their young love was torn to shreds when Nico left Sofia. Although he
Micheala
ARC received from The Next Step PR.

I am SO happy I gave this one a shot after not completely enjoying book 1. I had my doubts over this author, and with this one being a second-chance romance (not my favorite genre), I didnt know what to expect, but this one blew me out of the water.

Nico and Sofia met as children, after Sofia watched her brother get killed by the mafia. She was traumatized and this opened her up to be that child in school. Nico had patience with her and they became friends.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Never Truth by Jill Ramsower is book Two in The Five Families Series. This is the story of Nico and Sofia. I have read the previous book that added to my enjoyment of this one but I do feel you could make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Sofia and Nico where childhood friends whose feelings started to change into love the older they got. But when Nico was around 16 years old he informed of his true family business and that his life was going to be changing. Nico up and left without a
Energy
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sofia met Nico as a very young girl, and their friendship blossomed into so much more. She knew she would always have Nico in her life...until she didn't. With no cause and no explanation, he disappeared out of her life and that nearly wrecked her. Now, all these years later, he keeps making an appearance where she is, at the pushing of her parents, and she wants to know why. Perhaps the secrets that both of them have been keeping need to come to light.

Gah, this one was especially enjoyable
Ellie
Mar 03, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Complete crap

I need more than two people's stupid lust for one another to convince me they belong together and I'm heartily sick of controlling, 'Alpha' heroes who take, take, take and weak arsed, pathetic idiot females who cave immediately to them. This type of dynamic is old and played out, and I'm over it. If a writer these days had a goddamned original thought and kept their frustrated hormones out of their writing, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

This book was a waste of time I can't
Stephanie Messier
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second in this series, Its nice to get the back story on Sofia and Nico, and oh boy let me just say the chemistry between Nico and Sofia is off the charts!!

Sofia meet Nico at the best possible time in life, he was the only kid that was nice to her after loosing her brother. Their friendship grew each day, year by year.
On Nicos sixteenth birthday everything changed. Nico learned that his dad was apart of the Family and he was expected to follow suit which ment in the long run he
Elizabeth Clinton
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you feel your whole life is a lie you create your own truths.
Sofia Genovese is a young woman who has grown up with so many secrets and thinking that the one person who would always be there for you wasnt who you thought they were makes things even harder. She has lived her life with her own truths and has done what needed to be done to live her life for herself but when your past comes barreling back into your life do you move forward or live in the past.
Nico Conti didnt have
Stephanie Ditmore
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author and was blown away. Sofia thought that her and Nico would always be together and when he broke her heart, never did she think she could pick up the pieces and move on. You believe what you want and make your life what you want it to be, but when Nico comes back into her life disrupting everything shes worked so hard to put back together, there he is, her past and what she thought was her future. Can Sofia work through the hurt to be with the one person she ...more
Kristi
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok so in the first book I wasnt really digging Sophie, but this story changed my tune! Shes not a pushover. Shes got spunk! Nico. Was totes prepared to not really like this story, but these two characters together really work well. The second in the series this story line is softer, but still has mafia grit, and whoa baby, some steamy scenes! And the ending????? OMG we need book 3 stat. So if you like mafia steamy this is a book for you! ...more
Philomena
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kaitlyn
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

And just like that, Jill sends me a book to beta read and I finally escape my slump of not reading a book in who knows how long and jump back into reading a book in 12 hours. So wonderful. I look forward to reading more Five Family books in the future!
Melissa Crump
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The Author weaves great stories in the mafia world and holds your interest throughout the entire story. I quickly fell in love with Sofia and Nico. Great book! I didnt want the story to ever end. ...more
Dani
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
arc provided in exchange for an honest review

I had been anxiously awaiting the sequel to the first book in The Five Families series and did not know what to expect when Sofia and Nico were announced as the couple because there was little information previously provided about them. From the blurb, it is clear that this is a second chance romance and in the book we learn that Sofia and Nico were childhood best friends that turned into more until it was all shattered one day. I am a fan of second
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Five Families series. Each one works well as a stand-alone novel, but I think reading each one gives a better idea of who all the players are. This time we focus on the youngest daughter of mafia boss Enzo, Sofia. As a child and teenager, she was best friends and then in love with Nico. From out of the blue he one day betrayed her and vanished from her life. Now, he's suddenly back in her life and all of their secrets are about to come out in the open.
I do enjoy
Jenn the Readaholic
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was impressed by this authors ability to weave the past and present together without losing any of my attention or interest. And the fact that I was able to jump into what I now know is the second book in this series without feeling lost is a huge plus also!

Sofia and Nico have a painful past that neither of them has ever gotten over, but the time has come for Nico to win his one and only love back. The only problem? She doesnt know what he does for a living or WHO hes doing it for...or so he
Megan
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So I'm obsessed with this series.. like ignore all adult responsibilities, make your own dang dinner, leave me alone I'm reading OBSESSED! Never Truth is the second book in The Five Families Series and boy oh boy Jill Ramsower did not disappoint!

What happens when a long lost love returns 7 years later? Sofia and Nico's story spans years; and is full of first love, gut wrenching heartbreak, friendship, betrayal, secrets & lies; oh and the mafia! These two were absolute 🔥🔥🔥 together; their
Athena
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

Jill Ramsower delivered an amazing story. I loved everything about this book! Sofia and Nico have history and they part ways. With a bad breakup between them and reconnecting years later, you see that Nico will do anything to redeem himself and earn Sofia's trust.

"I want everything from you, Sofia Genovese. I want your body and your mind. I want your secrets and your trust. I want to tell you every horrible thing I've ever done and know you'll love me anyway."

I highly recommend
Rachel
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nicole Sargent Kunkel
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a second chance mafia romance. Sofia and Nico have known each other since childhood. Love blooms until Nicos father gets in trouble. Nico does something to change course. He gives up Sofia.
Years later, Sofia needs someone to protect her, and her father asks Nino. The book does a great job giving us glimpses into the past so we, as the reader, get the full story.
Boys in Books are Better
This is my second read by Jill Ramsower, my first being Forever Lies which is the first book in the Five Families series. While it is not necessary to read Forever Lies before reading Never Truth, they are interconnected standalones, so it is recommended that you do so.

Never Truth follows the story of Nico and Sofia. A tale of second chance romance. Nico and Sofia met at a very young age, a very heartbreaking time, and they formed a fast friendship turned relationship. A turn of events led to
Cami
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love mafia romance stories. And this one, OMG, what a story!
I had read the first book in this series, so I knew what to expect. But it topped my expectations.

Who doesnt love a hunted fearless possessive hot mobster who has only a heart his gorgeous strong woman?
Sofia and Nico broke my heart. They are my new favorites (sorry, Alessa and Luca). Their story is so heartbreaking but I am happy to have been part of it.
Even when I wanted to finish the book to have all the answers I couldnt, I
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
NEVER TRUTH was everything. I loved Nico and Sofias story so much I barely put the book down. My heart hurt when they hurt and smiled when things were looking up for them. I wanted them to get their happily ever after. I rooted hard for them. But there was a lot of hurt and pain from their past, I wasnt sure they could work through.

I used to not be one for flashbacks, but I have recently discovered I actually love them now. And Ramsower did an amazing job with the back and forth in this story.
Valerie Fazio
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow... just wow.
The plot line, the organization, the characters, their tension practically seeping through the pages, the language... everything about this book was incredible.
I actually considered more times than one to stop reading and set it on a shelf and forget about it. Its the second book in the Five Families series and I wasnt sure what was previously discussed in the first book, and what would later be revealed in this one. I havent read the first book (but I am 100% going to do
K. Lynn
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Five Families is a thrilling, sexy suspense series with a scintillating touch of dark romance. This is the second book in the series and it was as fantastic as the first! I loved Nico and Sofia's story which was full of secret surprises, suspense, mafia action, and a generous dose of steam. My heart broke over what Sofia held inside her heart and soul which combined with other events formed the woman she became. Great HEA with a carrot dangling to tantalize readers with a hint of the next ...more
confessions of a book addict
Never Truth is the 2nd book in the Five Families saga, but I read it as a stand-alone, second chance romance.
Id never read anything written by @jillramsowerauthor previously but I am a bit of a mafia romance junkie, so I couldnt resist giving this a try. Sofia & Nico have such a long and beautifully broken history that watching them come back together was so much more rewarding. I dont always love when a good amount of a story is told through flashbacks, but it worked for this book. This
Ginger
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it. I love mafia books and I really enjoy them when they concentrate on the family and romance which this one does. Sofia and Nico were best friends as kids but when Nico turned 16, that all ended. Years later Sofia's family needs help keeping her safe and he asks Nico to watch his daughter. Through flashbacks we find out what really happened all those years ago. We also find out that Sofia has just as many secrets as Nico. Very ...more
Zoe-Amelia Harris
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've only ever read one other second chance romance story and wasn't a big fan, but Jill has changed that for me!

This story was about Sofia and Nico who were high school sweethearts after being friends since they were 5 and 6.

Once again Jill kept me on my toes with all the twists and turns and big reveals, so many time is I was like 'WHAT just happened?!' And that bomb shell at the end!

My heart broke for the time Nico and Sofia lost needlessly and I enjoyed reading how they come back together
Wendy
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feel-good
Jill, you are one of my favorite authors by far! How can you write about a Mafioso family and make me fall in love with them??? After Forever Lies I was looking forward to reading about the ice queen Sofia and the reasons why she can't stand Nico.
But I could never, ever, have guessed the reasons behind her actions. What a wonderful, gripping story about family ties, secrets and the love of one man for a woman.
So, I was of course very happy to read about the stories of Sofia and Nico and why
Corunda Pearson
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I just found this series today and have been up and read both I hope there is more because I dreamed of G and Michael and please give us more

• Waiting for my Queen
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Arranged: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Code of Silence
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Beautiful Carnage (The Boys of Sinners Bay, #1)
  • Descent
  • At His Will
  • Under His Rule
  • Maksim (Heirs to the Bratva Empire, #2)
  • Unprotected With the Mob Boss (Russian Crime Brotherhood, #5)
  • Sinful Palace (Ruthless Rulers #2)
  • Kostya (Heirs to the Bratva Empire, #1)
  • Tease Me: A Dark Billionaire Mafia Romance (Dark Odyssey Book 1)
  • Broken Hope (Volkov Bratva, #2)
  • Claimed by the Bratva (Bratva Brotherhood #3)
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles #5)
  • His Virgin Queen
Within a year of self-publishing her first book, Jill Ramsower quit her job as an attorney and dedicated her days to churning out romantic adventures. She likes to think of her books as contemporary romance with a touch of fantasyat its core, her writing is about the connection between two people. Sometimes that connection involves a little magic

With Jills books, you can count on confident

The Five Families (3 books)
  • Forever Lies