Start by marking “The Dangerous Son” as Want to Read:
The Dangerous Son

The Dangerous Son

The only person who can touch him... is her.

For Spenser Ingram love is an abstract concept. Friendless and fearless, he unhappily walks his own solo path. Encouraged by his parents to wield his cold-blooded ruthlessness like a weapon, the boy who never cried grew into a man who regularly makes others weep.

Sent to deliver a message to a local motorcycle club that’s standi
Published July 16th 2020 by DyMi Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Dangerous Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dangerous Son

Start your review of The Dangerous Son
Ri
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to preface this review with the fact that I am blown away that this is a debut book. I had not connected the dots on this until I got to the author's note at the end. I would have never realized that until I went in search of more books from this author to only discover there are none.

From the first pages, I was all in trying to discover what was going on and then how the subsequent chapters all tied together. There were so many pieces to this puzzle going on. There are still some left t
Donna
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No fluffy read here!

This is about 2 broken souls trying to piece their own lives back together, before they can start a life together. The contract killer and the detective make for one hell of a read.
This was a story of evil, corruption, murder, lies, deceit, family, strength and love. No light fluffy reading or meaningful steamy sex scenes here! Just real emotion. Real life struggles. And way too many names to remember! well written.
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

The dangerous Son was a dark gritty standalone romance written by Zoe Hill. Told in dual perspectives, this book was an amazing tale of two broken souls who found solace in each other.

This was the first book of this author that I have read and it was amazing. It contained everything a dark romance should have , and Spenser and Poppy are favourites now .

Here we get to meet Spenser and Poppy. Spenser has been tasked to use Poppy for informati
LianaReads blog
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars This book was so much more than i was expecting. If this is the debut novel, the author has my attention from now on because from the first page I was drawn into the never ending twists and turns of this story. I love a romantic suspense and if it’s darker and a bit steamier even better.
It’s action packed with many feelings and dark situations.
Cécile Smits
Zoe Hill is a new author,and i am very glad i found her on iTunes!
Because her first,The Dangerous Son,is very good,and i can’t wait to read the next in this series.
A word of warning,though....this story contains scenes of child abuse,rape and violence.

Spenser Ingram leads a lonely life,and trusts only one person,his twin brother Stirling.
He loathes his father,who has forcibly turned him into the ruthless killer he is today.
When he gets the order to dispose of a young police-officer called Poppy
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I do enjoy dark romances and The Dangerous Son certainly falls into that category. There are warnings at the beginning of the book that this book deals in some subjects that might be difficult for some people to read. Even so, I think it's worth mentioning that again. There are themes of child abuse, rape, as well as violence.
Spencer and Poppy are both broken, having suffered sexual abuse as children, their whole lives have been shaped by the experience and although they are now adults, neither
Sophie Ruthven
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a debut author and from the blurb alone, I knew this would be an epic first book, and definitely an author I'll be keeping a close eye on.

Straight away your mind is going a million times an hour trying to put all the pieces together, as the author purposely withholds certain details, most likely to drive the reader insane trying to figure it out.

With twists and turns you won't see coming, I'm in awe that this is this authors first book baby. The skill of keeping the reader engaged from o
Sandy S
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars- THE DANGEROUS SON is the first instalment in Zoe Hill’s contemporary, adult THE COALITION dark, erotic, romance series. This is thirty-two year old, assassin Spenser ‘Trigger’ Ingram, and twenty-seven year old, police detective Poppy Tennyson’s story line.

WARNING: THE DANGEROUS SON contains scenes of graphic violence, torture and murder with reference to child sexual abuse, sex trafficking and physical assaults.

Told from dual first person perspectives (Poppy and Spenser) THE DANGEROUS
Robyn Corcoran
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book hooks you in and emotionally challenged straight away and honestly doesn’t let go until the last page, even then I found I wanted more so I hope the next story in the series is released soon.

Spenser is a very complex character and with good reason too, mind you the Coalition is a complicated group to understand fully as well. The reasoning is explained though and things do become clearer, so if you feel like you want to hit some of the characters over the head... I am sure it was plann
Terry
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A dark but intriguing story!

This is a dark romance that will have you on the edge of your seat trying to figure out who's bad and who's good. There are lots of triggers in this book ... so beware. My heart breaks for the little Spenser and Poppy ... actually for the grown-up Spenser and Poppy too. There are so many characters in the book, that I found myself having to re-read parts to figure out who's who. It would have been nice to have a recap of the characters. I'll never remember them all by
Nickie Sale
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I mean just wow. Zoe weaves a complex plot, which she draws you right into. Centred around Spenser and Poppy, both complex characters who were abused as children by the same man, both have somehow survived but due to what they went through are broken in so many ways you just cannot see them ever having what you and i might call "a normal" relationship. Two "families" (I say that but reality is each family is made up of more than one family) essentially at odds with other, one family, The Co ...more
K.  Ramjohn
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Dangerous Son is the 1st book in The Coalition series by debut author Zoe Hill and is a story of betrayal, vengeance, power and control. The story was dark and gritty and told in dual POV, with two main characters who were broken and complex, shaped by abuses in their past, and a large cast of colorful secondary characters. Spencer and Poppy were great together and you will love getting to know these characters.This author weaves a well-written and detailed plot filled with mystery, action, ...more
Coco.V
Dec 14, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/14/2020)! 🎁
TINA WILLIAMS
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a dark tale of two broken souls trying to live in an adult world after suffering devastating trauma as children. Both deal with the trauma in very isolating ways. The subject matter in this book is dark but the author handles it beautifully. My heart bled for this couple and their struggles. This book captivated me from the first page. I could not stop reading until the last page. I felt such an emotional response to Poppy and Spenser. I can’t believe this was a debut novel for this auth ...more
Juli Hall
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This book grabbed me from the first chapter. I couldn’t put it down. Poppy and Spenser are both damaged since childhood, from the same monster. But they both don’t remember each other when they meet again as adults. Spenser is a hit man and is told to kill Poppy. She’s a Detective with the police and daughter of the MC that is his family’s enemies. But something sparks when they touch, it’s calming to him. I’m not saying much more because I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. Twists and tur ...more
Dawn
Jul 31, 2020 rated it liked it
This is as sweet a love story that I've read but this book is dark*. (Read the bottom for warning).

When two childhood friends who end up going through the same thing but with very different results you can see just what a difference it makes, or not in their adult lives.

When Trigger is tasked with his next hit he has no idea it's her, but his family knows. And in order to kill his monster he will have to kill her first. Or will he?

Read to find out but know this is a dark story that doesn't stray
Zoe Hill
Apr 24, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Dangerous Son is now available to preorder for $0.99 exclusively on Apple Books.

Pre-order here >> http://dymi.ink/abTheDanSon to access the limited time sale price and receive the bonus epilogue that will only be available to pre-orderers and release day buyers.
Cassandra
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and am providing an honest review.

From the first couple of chapters, seeing a glimpse of Spenser's childhood and how it's affecting his present, I was worried this was going to be too dark for me. But I kept going because the author wrote Spenser and Poppy in such a way that I wanted to know more about them and the relationships they had with the people in their lives. More than that, I couldn't wait to see how the author was going to bring them toge
Christina Balaz
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trying to put my thoughts into words was a task in its own with this story, I was blown away… but here goes!

Holy S**t?! Wow… The Dangerous Son by new author Zoe Hill has been one of my most anticipated reads for the last few months based on the cover and blurb alone and it sure did not disappoint. Zoe has a way of hooking you in right from the first page with her words, making you desperate to know what the Prologue was leading to, and refusing to let you go, I loved every page turn of this stor
Becca
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Sunrise Comes After The Darkness

What a debut! This book does not read like a debut novel but one that has been written by a seasoned author. It comes with a warning that should be heeded. Anything that would have gone over the line for me happens off page or is not given explicit detail. Because of this I didn’t find any of it too offensive to my psyche. Parts of it are extremely hard to read and its dark and violent and messed up but there is so much more to these characters than this. Spen
Orel Reads
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God! This is was my first time I read a book of Zoe Hill and it don't be the last.

This books has put me through an emotional rollercoaster that's had me feeling utter joy, faith that maybe things will work out and absolute annihilation when they don't.

This story had me gripped from the very first page and until the last and omg that ending.

"After all, what’s another broken piece on the pile of rubble I call my soul?"

Spenser is a assassin and very complex character and with good reason to
Literati Literature Lovers
First I liked this book, but the author spoiled her own book by putting book coming attractions before the prologue. So I knew one of the key elements of the book was fake before I ever started ready. WHY DO THAT. It’s like shooting yourself in the foot. So a lot of the book was spoiled for me, as I could no longer suspend disbelief.

The book is about to horridly broken people Spenser and Poppy, caught up in Machiavellian games, mayhem and death. It is a book I had to suspend disbelief, but that
Breen
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“A dark romance that had me on the edge of my seat. Wow! This story was so delightful to read. Ups and downs with some twisted complicated situations that kept me trapped until the end. Page-turner guaranteed! Zoe wrote an enjoyable debut story. Spenser and Poppy’s story blew my mind. Their past was so painful and hurtful that my heart still aches remembering. Two broken souls that found heal in each other." ...more
Suzana
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5+ “Sabra & Zricha” stars
*ARC kindly provided by the author and I’m leaving an honest review*

Dark romance✔
Passionate✔
Intense✔
Heartfelt✔
Highly emotional✔
Amazing and unconventional love story✔

The Dangerous Son is the first book in Zoe Hill’s Coalition Collection series. The author knew how to develop, create the storyline and make y
Pat
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f
For a first time author I am impressed …
What a book , what a story!
With such complex characters that you find are in your thoughts all the time... This is a dark romance with a good touch of evil … everything I like , this book kept me on edge all the time ..
One hit Man , One female Detective Poppy and Spenser are broken, their past is completely overshadowed by one man … one organization …Brutality , vengeance , manipulation ,makes this a terrific read …. a story that weaves in and out of si
Abby
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*•*ARC copy was provided by netgalley.*•*
•I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.•

TRIGGER WARNINGS!
This book may have triggers for certain readers. ( suicidal, rape, unhealthy coping . Ect.)

This book was sooo amazing. Usually I’m not for to broken souls. But Spenser and Poppy are amazing!! They are broken but so strong at the same time.

Both have tragic pasts. Not realizing how close of survivors they truly are. I literally could not
Margaret
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There's a world we're all aware of but not where it exists. The Dangerous Son shows us a glimpse of that world and the consequences both inside and outside of it.
Zoe Hill has written about how people survive, not about the acts that they need to survive from but how they find the strength inside themselves to keep putting one foot in front of the other, even if at times it seems they want to give up.

Trigger protects Spencer from anyone he thinks will cause harm and also situations that he thin
Persephone-L17
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
**I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and I want to give my honest review**

The Dangerous Son is the story of Spenser“Trigger” Ingram and Poppy Tennyson. He is a complex man, an assassin with a traumatic past and a particular phobia. His target: Poppy. She is a 27 years old detective with a secret that has marked her and a ex fiancé who does not accept they don’t have any future together. Her family is involve in the MC and suddenly happen a tragedy and Poppy has to deal with it. Then,
Lofty
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spenser's family are mixed up with the coalition and he had no choice in the matter. An injustice from his younger years has left him desperate to seek justice.
Poppy doesn't remember Spenser when he stages a meeting, but feels the connection instantly.
The two have more in common than they are aware of.
A truly fabulous story that draws you in that deep you cannot put it down.
I loved the characters and I'm desperate to read more from this author.
Basic
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow, what an amazing debut.

The Dangerous Son show cases the good and the evil in people, As not everyone is as evil as they seem, and vice versa.
The Coalition’s killer, Spenser, has had childhood trauma and suffered abuse that still haunts him, while on a job to deal with police detective Poppy, something stirs in Spenser that isn’t supposed to be there.
Twisted and bent and broken, Zoe Hill writes quite the intense world and splendidly devious plot line.

• Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
  • The Chance of Love (The Book of Love #7)
  • Risky Proposal (Deerbourne Inn)
  • Anonymous
  • Hard Knox (Perfect Stats, #2)
  • Hidden Gem (Diamond, #0.5)
  • Broken Elite: An Angsty College Romance (The Darlington Elite)
  • Fraud (Antihero Inferno, #2)
  • This Love Hurts
  • Liar (Madison Kate, #2)
  • Mortmain Hall (Rachel Savernake #2)
  • Breaker
  • Bury Me (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Elite #3)
  • Blood Always (The Five Families #3)
  • The Night That Changed Rachel (The Randalls #2)
  • Violence (Antihero Inferno, #3)
  • Of Boys and Men (Ridge Rogues, #1)
  • Raine (Gods of the Fifth Floor, #2)
Zoe Hill is an Australian writer. Having found her niche spinning tales about love and villains--a trope she affectionately termed Villainous Romance--Zoe loves nothing better than typing all the words and consuming exorbitant amounts of coffee and Skittles while her teens are at school.

A country girl at heart, she is a rabid reader, a metal head, and UFC fanatic. When not writing, Zoe can be foun