Start by marking “Knight Rising (The Faerie Queen #1)” as Want to Read:
Knight Rising (The Faerie Queen #1)

Knight Rising

(The Faerie Queen #1)

Do not wander in cursed lands alone...

Una wants only one thing, to find and kill the dragon that drove her out of her childhood home in the heart of Arthurian Britain.

When a handsome knight frees her from captivity, she learns that she is not the only one who wants the beast dead. The knight is Sir George, a messenger of the Faerie Queen and the man assigned to kill the dr
Published September 30th 2019 by Story Hobby Media

To ask other readers questions about Knight Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knight Rising

Start your review of Knight Rising (The Faerie Queen #1)
Brittany
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story drew me in from page 1. How could I resist Arthurian literature? The story follows Una, a young girl whose home has been seized and destroyed by a dragon, and George, a knight sent on a self-redeeming mission. Along the way they encounter much evil and learn a great deal about themselves and each other. The author has spun a masterful tale and laid the groundwork for a wonderful series.
Ami
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Knight Rising is an excellent adventure with magic, a dragon, horrific otherworldly creatures, battles between good and evil and, of course, knights. The world is well-described and the characters came to life as I read as quickly as possible. This is the first book in the series and I am definitely anxious to read the next. I highly recommend it and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Read via Kindle Unlimited
Donamarie Fournier
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very engrossing tale that takes many twists and turns. The Red Cross Knight and Una are very unlikely traveling companions. Their course is manipulated by others and never seems to go as it should. I really enjoyed this tale and look forward to more of their adventures.
Quilting Tangent
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A view into the magical Fae world during young Arthur's time. You meet some wonderful characters and follow them through their adventure. Interesting story looking forward to the next book.
Maurice Jones
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written and entertaining...Worth owning,and reading!
Emily
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Knight Rising! It’s a YA Arthurian Fantasy that has all the elements of a great story! There’s magic and faeries, dragons and hideous beasts, and the forces of good must rise up against a decidedly evil foe. This book follows Una and George who are on a quest to slay the dragon that has taken over Castle Silene. They face many dangers along the way and learn a lot about themselves as well. There’s plenty of action and adventure and I really just loved the story! One of my fa ...more
Anna Maria
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
From the first few chapters, I thought this book was going to be a typical YA fantasy and oh boy, was I wrong. This book kept getting better and better.

Una was a great and badass character that was very fun to follow. All the characters were nicely developt and I liked that all of them had their flaws. Even though the book had a lot to do with the good fighting the evil both sides weren't completely black and white. I liked that Una wasn't the ultimate good character trying to save the world.

The
Gregory Bryan
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Absolutely brilliant! The story drew me in from the very start. Set in Arthurian England, the story follows a young girl - Una and a flawed but noble knight on a journey back to the girl's childhood home - a castle currently inhabited by a dragon. Una is searching for her missing parents and the knight wants to make a name for himself by slaying the dragon. Along the way, they get drawn into a fight against an evil far more sinister than any dragon. I want to say so much more but I d ...more
Debra Margagnoni
This was a fun read! It’s young adult genre, which I typically don’t read, but I couldn't pass up the mention of an Arthurian legend.

I enjoyed the fresh take on familiar characters. Vivian to the rescue, with a sword! The story is light on traditional Arthurian legend but it’s set within the time frame. It’s a nicely paced, enjoyable adventure and the best part...it’s only book one of a series!

If you read young adult, fantasy or Arthurian legends, there is something in this story for you.

Donna
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Knight Rising is Book 1 of the Faerie Queen series. Jason Hamilton gives us a superbly written story with an amazing storyline and characters that are extremely well developed with realistic personalities, especially our two main characters -- Una and Sir George. Una is joined on her quest for revenge on the dragon who killed her family by Sir George, a knight, who is on his own mission to kill the same dragon. This is a fantastic tale which I highly recommend. Loved this story and am anxious fo ...more
Mary T
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Knight Rising
The Faerie Queen book 1

Jason Hamilton

Una, a princess whose castle home was taken by a dragon, Arthur Penndragon of Sword in the stone fame, Gloriana, the Faerie Queen, Duessa, a sorceress and mistress of the Other, George, a knight, and various dreadful monsters make up the characters in the start of this series of books.
This was an exciting well written book. Future books should be just as good. I look forward to reading them.
Debbie Eyre
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is one hell of a YA fantasy read that will grab you from the get go and you will not be able to put it down! A well written adventure filled with adventure, knights, dragons and damsels in distress, fantastic storyline and great characters and it’s only book 1!
Varsha
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story.
Kat
Capryce Marbury
Sep 20, 2019
Jason Hamilton
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dana
Dan
Janet Watson
Jenn M
Sep 30, 2019

• Ezaara (Riders of Fire, #1)
  • Dragon Hero (Riders of Fire, #2)
  • The Buried World (The Grave Kingdom, #2)
  • The Lily Pond (A Faraway Island #2)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • The Mayflower Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #1)
  • Tongues of Serpents (Temeraire, #6)
  • Paths of Malice (The Venatrix Chronicles, #3)
  • The Unhappy Medium (The Unhappy Medium, #1)
  • Chosen (The Warrior Chronicles, #1)
  • Can't Block My Love (Hockey Gods #1)
  • Wanderlove
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Dare to Be You: Inspirational Advice for Girls on Finding Your Voice, Leading Fearlessly, and Making a Difference
  • Battlefield Love (Operation Cupid #1)
  • Unexpected (Indulgence, #2)
  • May's Moon
  • Dragon Strike (Riders of Fire #4)

The Faerie Queen (3 books)
  • Knight Purged (The Faerie Queen #2)
  • Knight Spellbound (The Faerie Queen #3)