Start by marking “A Taste like Sin (Painted Sin Book 2)” as Want to Read:
A Taste like Sin (Painted Sin Book 2)

A Taste like Sin

(Painted Sin #2)

IS HE A HEARTLESS MONSTER?

The more she’s subjected to his charms, the deeper Juliana falls under Damien’s spell. But the promise of protection and security may come at a higher price than she’s willing to pay ...

OR A RELUCTANT PLAYER?

The reclusive billionaire has his own secrets, and his relationship with Juliana may threaten to send his precarious house of cards crashing
Published November 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Taste like Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste like Sin

Start your review of A Taste like Sin (Painted Sin Book 2)
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you read A Touch of Dark? If not why not? You need to read it before A Taste Like Sin as the story continues through it.

Well I was up til the early hours reading this gem. There was no way I could put it down.

I absolutely loved book one but Damien and Juliana got under my skin in this story. We see different sides to them which was fantastic. The twists kept hitting me and as soon as they did I kept wanting more. I needed to know about Julianas past. The gasps kept on coming.

Without a do
Paula D
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twisted, intense story that had me reading it so quickly cause I needed more and more. Damien and Juliana both have hidden agenda and both know someone is lying. Juliana has never gotten the power she’s abided by her father so much she just wants control will Damien be the one to offer her or will be trusting him a huge mistake? A amazing series it’s very unique and edgy and that made me love it more. 5/5 stars
Kelly
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story pulled in all if my emotions. I could feel that anger and confusion, the anguish and the fear, the uncertainty and the hope.
Lana's books draw the reader into their vortex and doesn't let go until the very end. And a taste like sin is the extreme conclusion of finales in for these characters. I loved the ending! It was perfect!
Katie Bug
A Taste Like Sin, (Painted Sin Book Two) by Lana Sky

Juliana Thorne still wears a mask of fake smiles and lies except from one. She can’t seem to keep it in place when it comes to a man that wears his own.

Damien Villa has been after revenge for his family for so long that he almost ruins what’s right in front of him. A woman that makes him want to protect instead of destroy.

Juliana has made a deal with the devil that wears a blindfold and smells of sin. Damien will protect her and all he wants i
Joyffree
Intense - Raw - Beautiful
Sky brings suspense and romance to a new level with Painted Sin

Juliana firmly believed she found the way to take back control of her life to no longer be a pawn to the whims of her family. A chance to trade the one thing that was truly hers in return she would finally be the one in control.
May not be all she bargained for - Then again it could finally be the catalyst that truly opens her eyes to a world she has never seen but always been a part of.

This felt like a jour
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
OMG I have never wanted to read a duet so fast in my life but when I got this bad boy on my kindle I put down my other book I was reading to start this one because I needed to know what was going to happen to Juliana and Damien. I needed to know where they were going to go and if they would end up together or would the monster ruin it all......

Juliana amazed me in this story because she is no longer the scared little girl but the strong grown woman she needs to be. She knows what she wants and g
Ga Books LoverX
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is freaking UNREAL- what an amazing end to a duet! It is filled with passion, lies, truths, danger, passion, and semi-trust. Juliana feels completely alone in the world, the person that raised her has done nothing but lie to her about some serious stuff, she has Damien to lean on, but is he really that reliable?

I was blown away by this duet's conclusion it was absolutely amazing and I loved everything about it, but I cannot tell you anything else because it will ruin it and I cannot do
Patty
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After listening to the first book in this series, I was excited to start this one. I needed to know what was going to happen between Juliana and Damien. Their story continues as Juliana is trying to figure out if Simon is still stalking her, and what her father has gotten himself into. Is Damien involved? Why can't she seem to resist him? Is he really the dangerous man he appears? Can she trust him? There are so many instances where I really just didn't like Damien, but still felt that pull to h ...more
J
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow - what a read / listen. A dark and twisted read that continues Juliana and Damien’s story. All will be revealed in the end but the journey there is a deliciously dark one. No one can be trusted. How far and how much forgiveness can you give to those you love? Juliana just wants control - control of her life, but as the daughter of a political figure control is not something she's been allowed in her life - ever...until Damien. Can he teach her and show her how much control she truly has? A w ...more
Carey Sabala
Jun 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Audiobook Review -
This is the second book in this series with the first ending on a cliffy, I was hoping this would be a bit more thrilling but honestly it really wasn't. Deathbed confessionals and dastardly villains spilling their speeches on tape, uggggg. I felt like the mystery part was both dragged out too long and wrapped up too conveniently. Which let's be honest, in a CR/erotica book, mystery always takes a back seat to the smexy but in this book you didn't really even have that? It does
Trisha c
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story continues to be gripping, mysterious, intriguing, and dark. In this story, it is found out that Damien is not the only one that was playing psychological games with Juliana Thorne. Her night terrors continue, but Damien with his smooth voice always calms her. He met his match in Juliana. Unlike other women, she knows what she wants and definitely lets him know. She Challenges Damien, and he enjoys her strong personality. There is a lot going on that kept me riveted to this story: twis ...more
Pamela Creighton
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Innocence defiled

The Painted Sin Duet kept my interest because the storyline wasn’t one I had read before. It is refreshing to a voracious reader like myself to read an original story that was well developed and interesting. I guessed the “bad guy” before he was revealed, but it was interesting to watch things play out. My only complaint was how the second book ended. It could have had a better ending.
Jen
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book two of the Painted Sins Duet. Vengence or Happiness? Can one get both? Julianna and Damien's story continues. The twists and the turns continue to leaving you guessing and turning pages way later into the night then you should be reading. This author's stories are addicting and you may be surprised how dark and twisted you really are. As always, I loved the journey, the ending and everything in between, even the wait for this book. Enjoy!
Mary
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a good follow-up to the first book. Juliana continues to find empowerment within herself with the help of Damien. I thought I had the ending figured out, but was still surprised by some of the revelations! And I love the strength Juliana has by the end. I could not put this one down, and stayed up much too late to finish it. Definitely recommend!
Mandy Sawyer
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This second book really captures the talent of Lana. There are so many twists and turns to this storyline. Written very well and the performance from Amber makes this a must listen.
#audiobookobsessionreviewer
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
LOOOVED this duet!!! Damien was amazing. Luciana impressed me immensely! I was shocked at who the killer was and I cant wait to read more from Lana. 5 stars!
Sharon
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Taste Like Sin

This is an intense story that engages a lot of emotions, the characters are entertaining

Tina Williams
Dark and Twisty!
And breathe! This read, like its predecessor, had me literally glued to my Kindle throughout. It contains betrayal, deceit and danger plus scenes of sensuality and hot and raw sex between the two protagonists, Juliana and Damien. Just who can she trust? Will the secrets of her protector, the unconventional blind artist/powerful criminal mastermind lead to her salvation or downfall? Is he worthy?
I loved how the author portrayed Damien, whose lack of sight, coupled with his height
Sassy Southern
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Juliana Thorne’s life has been turned upside down by secrets that her father kept from her and now she finds safety and truth with his enemy, Damien Villa.
But when her father ends up in the hospital will Juliana be able to find the answers to the secrets she has been after and will digging up the past actually put her in danger?
Who will Juliana be able to trust the most when her life is on the line?
This is such a good book and I really enjoyed this duet from start to finish!
I loved Juliana and
KittyLuvr
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent conclusion to a fascinating story peopled with intriguing characters, a mesmerizing plot that keeps the reader on tenterhooks, a murder mystery & stalker that keeps you guessing until the very last.
The author does a wonderful job luring the reader deeper into her complex story peppered with trauma, fear, terror. It surrounds the reader with deceptive ever increasing darkness, like a fog that swirls thicker & thicker until you aren't able to see your hand before your face.
You WANT to li
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Taste like Sin is the second book in the Painted Sin series, so in order to experience it fully, and actually know what the hell has gone on so far, YOU MUST READ A Touch of Dark FIRST! This means that this book is the continuation of Damien & Juliana's story, and while I LOVED the first book, there was just something bigger about them in this story. There's so much heat, it's unreal to be honest, and my kindle just about shorted out, as the flames of their chemistry was next level extra, and ...more
Rebecca Austin
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy
This is such a good book and I really enjoyed this duet from start to finish!

I loved Juliana and she had such a difficult past with what she had been through from her childhood until now. She began to find out that her father knew more about her past than he let on but who was he protecting and why? I loved when she began digging into the past all of the secrets she began to discover different clues to what was happening.

I wasn’t surprised at how things progressed between Damien and Juliana. H
Michelle E
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Taste Like Sin (Painted Sin book 2) is the continuation of Juliana Thorne's quest to find the monster responsible for the tragedy she suffered as a child with help from a man who wants to posses her mind and body.   I absolutely devoured this book in one day, falling deeper into the world of Julian and Damien.  In the 1st book (A Touch of Dark) she may have seen Damien as a 'fitting diversion' but the more time that she spends in his company it is growing into something intensely deeper.  They ...more
Vanessa
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap! I’m in utter shock. My mouth is still hanging on the floor even though I finished this book what feels like hours ago. It was a complete and utter mind f*ck. You think you know what’s going on or what is going to happen. But trust me, you don’t. My mind is completely and utterly blown. I can barley form a coherent sentence.

Damien and Juliana have this type of push and pull relationship. It’s almost as if it’s foreplay to them. Damien is used to having things go his way. He snaps and
Emma
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lana Sky has the ability to write incredibly human characters and I don't think that I ever fully realized that before reading this series. This book really drove that concept home for me. By virtue of her character's being so human, her stories for me at least, explore concepts of humanity and what it means to be human. That might sound like an exaggeration, but I stand behind those statements and have been really thinking hard about the meaning behind her work.

This latest installment is no ex
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Painted Sin duet was drastically different from anything I’ve ever read.
I don’t want to reveal anything.
I don’t want to spoil the experience for you.
The web that was weaved was intoxicating.
Lies, mystery, murder, corruption and scorching sex scenes..very very hot.
There were a couple things I needed answers and closure for but overall a wonderful read.
This is duet is unforgettable!
Please go in blind and read this one.

~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~
Plot~ 5/5
Main Characters (hero/heroine)~ 5/5
Secondary Ch
Treasa
Torchering Twisted SUSPENSE!
Daaamnn! It's everything. Suspense mystery drama endless intrigue, lies betrayal secrets danger angst passion and wild dark arousing hot chemistry that spins a phenomenal twisted story that pushed me to the edge holding my breath gasping in shock bound by fear of the unknown and to even think about putting it down is pure insanity because it's not a read to be savored it has to be devoured all while trying to reach the end unscathed as devastating secrets are revealed
Bo0kSLoth
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2019, kink-ology
First off, don't start this book if you haven't read the first one as it is not a stand-alone. It picks up where the last one left off and immediately you are off on another ride of mystery and intrigue, pain and lose, lust and love.
I have read almost all of Lana's books and this duet is truly unique from the others. I can easily pick up one of her books and find myself so immersed in the story that I can't put it down until the story is finished. That's true of this one, too. All of her stori
Hope
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
“You give me tonight. All those fears, your pain…it’s all mine.”

The end or just the begging of them. Two souls lost on in the dark. Some secrets are finally out, some families are broken, some people are weaker and one person is stronger than ever.

Juliana wears her mask-like one else. The perfect daughter. Everyone knows her and they looked at her but they didn’t saw her. And then the man who was living in the darkness saw her. Saw the woman behind the mask. He saw her, he felt her, he understa
Donna Limos
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The lost of sight is very symbolic in this book. Of how we see light when it was taken away. How two imperfect soul find perfection. Lana Sky has brought Juliana’s character to a T and how a very powerful Damien gets lost on her. The first book should be read first to understand Damien’s character transition and to enjoy this second book. Although this 2 books are not as dark as Lana’s other books, the subtlety is very enjoyable that i find it cute and romantic on the abrupt changes on Juliana’s ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Pretty Little Thing (Sweet Victim #0.5)
  • One More Day (Ridgeside High #4)
  • Ruse (Rydeville High Elite #1.5)
  • Finding Kyler (The Kennedy Boys, #1)
  • Merciless (Merciless, #1)
  • Forbidden to Touch
  • Top Trouble: A Submissive Series Standalone Novel
  • Sawyer (Rydeville Elite #6)
  • Jackson (Rydeville Elite, #5)
  • Pu$$y Magnet: A Very Naughty RomCom (Titans of Tech #1)
  • Dominant Desires
  • The Rise of Saint
  • Hunting Butterflies
  • Resisting Her (Moving On Duology Book 2)
  • Ruined With You (Stark Security, #3)
  • The Fall of Sin
  • More than Friends
  • Infamous Love (Black Light #0.5)
I am a quirky writer from the US who dabbles in dark, paranormal and contemporary romance. My stories aren't always typical, but contain a little something for everyone.

Painted Sin (2 books)
  • A Touch of Dark (Painted Sin Book 1)

News & Interviews