Start by marking “A Touch of Dark (Painted Sin Book 1)” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Dark (Painted Sin Book 1)

A Touch of Dark

(Painted Sin #1)

Sheltered socialite Juliana Thorne is drawn to the mysterious billionaire Damien Villa. But is his interest in her borne from desire? Or revenge?

IS HE HER HERO?

Juliana Thorne is falling apart beneath her perfect façade. Haunted by a monster from her childhood, the sheltered socialite is slowly losing her mind—while a mysterious stranger seems to lurk around every corner, r
Published October 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Touch of Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Touch of Dark

Start your review of A Touch of Dark (Painted Sin Book 1)
Syndi
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
I want to like this book to 4 stars, but at the end I settle for 3 stars. It is not bad but not good either.

I do like the chemistry between Juliana and Damien. The narrator done a great job giving Damien sexy accent. The seduction banter also very seductive. I wish more. More darker. More twisted. I also want Damien's POV. More in depth of his character.

We get a glimpse of Juliane's past. But nothing on Damien's. Making it harder to connect with Damien.

Overall this is an OK read for me.

3 sta
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
description I enjoyed this one. It was a good start to Juliana and Damien's duet. I didn't find it as dark as the other books I've read by this author, but the potential is there for book two to be darker. As always, the writing was excellent. The plot was intriguing. It leaves us with a lot of unanswered questions and motivations, so I can't wait to get my hands on book two. 👍👍

description

description BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BOOKBUB

Kelly
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 6-stars, loved-it
WOW Lana!! This book was heart wrenching. I held my breath every time Juliana revealed more of her childhood. And Damien, from the beginning he touched me like no other character. His own past seems just as devastating as Juliana's because of what he has revealed about himself.
And the ending answers some questions but asks so many more.
I cannot wait for the next book!
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow I’ve just finished this and I’m blown away. I’m even more gobsmacked after realising this author has so many other books released and this is my first read.

So where do I start? I really don’t know as I’m speechless. I’m not gonna rehash the blurb or write a long review telling ya most of the story.

Juliana and Damien are both living in darkness, although different kind of darkness. I absolutely love both these characters. I couldn’t pick which one I favourite most.

If you follow my reviews go
Paula D
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow completely blown away. Very intense so much I have no finger nails left because I didn’t know what to expect with every page I turned. Juliana lives her life in darkness with no hope for light from her past. Every year she’s reminded. Damien is a very intriguing man who himself has secrets and you never know what he’s gonna do or say next. I’ve never had a book keep me in suspense so much and I didn’t want it to end. I can’t wait for book 2! 5/5 stars
Charity Chimni
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Lana does it again! A Touch of Dark is full of mystery and suspense. Who haunts Juliana Thorne? Who is Damien Villa? What is going to happen with this crazy connection they have? I love the characters. Damien is ruthless, except where Juliana is concerned. She brings out another side of him. Can't wait for the conclusion of their story!
S
Dec 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-worth-it
*** WARNING SOME SPOILERS***

Oh dear this is going to be a LONG thorough one and NOT in a good way.

Where do I even start?

The ratings are so misleading--people who wanted a steamy carbon copy romance. You definitely got that here. Because this book is just a romance--

Not suspenseful at all.

I really wanted this to be good. Romantic suspense? yes please--it's my favourite. And this plot really intrigued me. It had so much potential. But it fell EXTREMELY flat on delivery and execution.

Let's start wi
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
I am absolutely in LOVE with this book and this author. Wow this was my first Lana Sky and now I want ALL her books! I was addicted to Damien from the start and was on the edge of my seat during the entire duration of the book. Juliana was a force even though she was always terrified of her stalker. I mean, she WAS being stalked. The chemistry and angst was palpable and I just wanted them to freaking angry kiss already so many times. So happy I have the next audiobook to jump into! 5 stars!
Ga Books LoverX
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lana Sky has done it again! A Touch of Dark is not only aptly named but man oh man does it have the trademark psychological thriller/dark romance that fans of Lana not only crave but freaking love, myself included. This book is not a fairy tale romance, but it might be exactly what two characters need.

Juliana Thorne and Damien Villa are two people that essentially should never meet, but when they do, it is interesting to say the least. The cold daughter of a judge cannot fool the arrogant blind
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY EVERLOVIN' HELL, Lana Sky is next level with the new start to the Painted Sin series, and she just about melted my brain down! I'm not sure who actually reads my reviews, but seriously, I'm for real encouraging you to go in blind, as you'll NEVER EVER be the same. This story surrounds Juliana & Damien, who both have issues living in the dark, but with differences. I LOVED them both so much, which isn't always the way lately, as most of the heroes I've read lately have had my back up. Needl ...more
Liz B
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How do you describe a relationship like that of Juliana and Damien? Inexplicable. Lana Sky weaves an intriguing story centred around Juliana, a woman haunted by a childhood trauma. The tension between Juliana and Damon comes alive and flies off the pages, making the novel addictive and impossible to put down. There is something magnetic about the two, unable to stay away, but with no real reason as to why, readers come along for the ride as they learn to navigate this twisted new relationship. S ...more
Gladys
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man, what a read!! This book is filled with exquisite tension, powerful characters, raw emotions, heat, intrigue, mystery, secrets, looming darkness, suspense and stunning twists. Juliana and Damien are both compelling characters that will engage your mind and tug at your heartstrings. Be prepared to lose sleep or put off doing things that need to get done because once this book sinks it's claws into you, you will be it's prisoner until the last page is read. I need book two Right away! Of my ow ...more
Gizel Alvarez
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you take the dive in the blind

I had been recomended this author by my friends and so I decided to see, what I found was a seductive detailing of a woman and her Madman.

What begins as ennemies fighting a battle of wills slowly takes a turn into slipping off pretences and finding that even monsters can feign an indifference but nothing can be held in shadows forever. With an ending that can be treated as a warning I await to continue this duet to know what the end will unmask.
Reckless Readers
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you take the dive in the blind

Karin
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk about fantastic! I eat up dark, twisted and sinister books and I devoured this one. Julianna has been protected and sheltered beyond belief due to a tragic event from her past but when she means Damien and he is other level mysterious what transpires will have your head spin. This does end on a cliffhanger but book 2 is not a long wait and for one am counting the seconds!!

I voluntarily reviewed a advanced readers copy of this book
Madeleine
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A touch of yumminess mixed with dark, intense, suspense, page turning goodness is what this book is. Lana does it again with another great series starter. Can't wait for the next book.
Marianne Post
Oct 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Juliana's attitudes go back and forth so much I have whiplash.
Patty
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lana Sky is fast moving to the top as one of my favorite dark listens. She can bring a story to life, at times make me cringe but I just love it! This story is not only thrilling, but its extremely sensual. Julianne has had a tough life, and now things are coming to a head. Wandering into an art show, she is taken with some horrific yet beautiful art. And when she meets Damien, the artist she finds she is unsure of whether to like him or run! This story had me from the first line. Julianne is br ...more
J
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lana Sky thrills in this dark and twisted read. I felt thrown into the deep end without regard and yet found myself eager to submerge myself again. I can't wait for more on Juliana Thorne and Damien Villa. These characters provide both strength and weakness at once and I am riveted in who will come out of this healed, because I believe that both are already beyond being unscathed. Well written in a way that very few can do well and Sky has seemingly mastered the darkness in her writing in a way ...more
Trisha c
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is gripping, mysterious, intriguing, and dark. Damien is dangerous, plays psychological games with Juliana Thorne. What does he want from her?
Who is this Simon who always leaves a present on her birthday. And what secrets is her father hiding? Juliana has flashbacks to her tormented, troubled childhood that the repercussions still plague her as an adult. Yeah it's that good. I'm on the edge if my seat listening to this awesome story. Whats going to happen in the next story.
Amber Bray
Darcy Smith
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
oh goodness this story was addictive. Once started I couldn't stop listening to it. I had to find out were the story was you and how it was going to end. Amber Bray was excellent in her narrative of the story. she was clear and well spoken. She added so much to the story whith her character transitions. I loved Damien and Juliana together with their sharp banter. Juliana at times was lost in her back and forth but she is quickly growing on me throughout the story. This story is so full of suspen ...more
Mary
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It’s got a great original concept that really plays on how people differ in their perceptions of others. Being blind doesn’t inhibit Damien Villa; he embraces it and it assists him in finding what’s underneath the surface. Juliana shows how we can transition from experiences that break us and find strength.
Mandy Sawyer
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book I found very different from the usual. There are still unanswered questions about the past of these characters. It’s a very slow burn that has a lot of intrigue. Looking forward to the next book. Excellent performance from Amber.
#audiobookobsessionreviewer
KittyLuvr
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A written Ravel's Bolero.
THAT is what this book puts me in mind of.
The ever increasing, ever constant, patient buildup to a shuddering climax.
Only this build up is one of terror, of past horror that sticks to the heroine & reader alike. Like a mist that swirls around you, deceptively light but everywhere, never fading only growing thicker. And darker. And more malevolent until you feel your throat constricting, your breathing becoming more rapid, more shallow. We feel Juliana's all encompassing,
Hope
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

“I don’t particularly care to destroy you, Ms. Thorne. But I will.”

This was the first time I’ve read something by Lana Sky. Lana Sky wrote such a beautiful story. About a woman scared off the dark and a man living in the dark. Two people completely opposites and completely the same at the same time.

The man, the artist, the criminal. The man living in darkness. Living in darkness but seeing more that people can see with their eyes. He might be blind but he is more aware of the world than peopl
Katie Bug
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Touch of Dark, (Painted Sin Book One) by Lana Sky

Juliana Thorne wears a mask of fake smiles and lies. She has learned how to pretend that everything is ok by the best but the mask she holds up the world is getting heavy.

Damien Villa is a talented blind artist who can create beauty out of nightmares on canvas. Art is everything to Damien, but family means more. An injustice has been brought to his family and he wants revenge.

Heyworth Thorne saved her when she was 8 after she escaped a kidnappe
Sassy Southern
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Juliana Thorne has always wanted a quiet life but as a child she captured the media’s spotlight and then her adoption by Judge Heyworth Thorne made her well known. But her father’s fall from grace and his desire to return to his previous position has her life back in the forefront and possibly in danger from her father’s enemies.
When Juliana meets blind artist Damien Villa, she wonders if he could be behind her falling apart or if he is the hero who will come in and save her from everything she
Tina Williams
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A dark, twisted and erotic masterpiece
Fans of dark, twisted and erotic reads need to buy this book now! The multi-layered plot and complex characters of both the hero and heroine, combined with the unexpected twists and turns, made for a truly addictive read - I loved it!
The reclusive Juliana is a tragic figure, literally haunted by a monster from her past. As her life unravels she finds herself inextricably drawn to Damien Villa, a dark and perverse blind artist, despite the danger he and his
Joyffree
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
Once again Sky has left me in the dark blindly sifting through the subtle clues and shocking twists with no solid answers. Oh, I have all kinds of plausible's - especially with that little unveiling at the end.
Sky has a gift for leading her readers in one direction, stringing us on a taunt line of suspense then suddenly dropping us into a twisted conclusion that we never saw coming.

Juliana is a mess. I am not sure if I want to hug her or have her committed. How she has functioned this long is be
Treasa
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FEAR EXCITEMENT Give Me More!!!
Brilliantly written! A dark tangled twisted thriller that spins an attention grabbing web of words with an endless flow of intrigue that instills fear with a creepy feeling of constantly looking over my shoulder throughout the nail biting suspense. I would be warm and filled with excitement and with a flick of a page I would be shivering creeped the heck out knowing shitt was going to head south real quick and know matter how prepared I thought I was, I was so fric
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Rise of Saint
  • The Fall of Sin
  • Unorthodox (Sick Love #1)
  • Diamonds in the Dust (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Covetous
  • The Vanity of Roses
  • Owned by Him
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Lawless Kingdom (Reign & Ruin #1)
  • The Danger You Know (Shadow Duet, #1)
  • Dark (The Boyne Club, #1)
  • Covet
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Priceless
  • Defiant (American Street Kings, #2)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
I am a quirky writer from the US who dabbles in dark, paranormal and contemporary romance. My stories aren't always typical, but contain a little something for everyone.

Painted Sin (2 books)
  • A Taste like Sin (Painted Sin Book 2)

News & Interviews