Start by marking “Behind the Bar (Home in Carson, #4)” as Want to Read:
Behind the Bar (Home in Carson, #4)

Behind the Bar

(Home in Carson #4)

Behind the Bar will be the third book in the Home in Carson series featuring Landon. This book can be read as a complete standalone, but it is recommended to read the rest of the series.

Cover and synopsis will reveal at a later date.
Kindle Edition
Published April 1st 2021 (first published March 5th 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Bar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Bar

Start your review of Behind the Bar (Home in Carson, #4)
Jaime Reynolds
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love when I get to go back to visit Carson and all my favorites. This town always has something exciting happening and the characters welcome you with open arms. If you have read this series you know that each story is fantastic and the author always keeps you hooked from the very first sentence to the last. I was so excited for this story that I started it as soon as I saw it on my kindle. Binge read this series and make sure to grab this new release as well. It’s a can’t miss!!!
Paperbeautiful
This is a super fast insta-love story. The book is a little over 100 pages, so you know it is going to go quickly.

Landon is about to open up his bar in Carson. After getting out of prison to years ago he is looking for a fresh start. Kerry is about to be queen, but she is sick and tired of her father's demands that she marry and she decides to go back to Carson, the one place she has felt at peace.

Landon and Kerry meet in a bar about an hour outside of Carson and have a wild night together. They
Lisa Hemming
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Renee Harless once again takes us back to Carson, NC where the people are friendly, new businesses are popping up, and love is always in the air. In “Behind the Bar,” we find out what happens when a modern-day princess, who is on the run from her meddling royal family, meets her Prince Charming in a crowded bar.

I love Kerry and Landon and their magical whirlwind romance. Kerry knew in her heart that she needed time away to think about her future before her royal duties took over her life foreve
Stephanie Hutchison
Princess Karolyna Albertine is running. Her family ordered her to choose a husband or they would choose for her. She has no interest in becoming queen and less interest in being forced to marry so she has a "king". So she runs off in the middle of the night to the small town in North Carolina in the US. A town she fell in love with several years ago when she ended up there by accident.

Landon is about ready to open his bar. He's worked for months shaping this run down building into a bar in this
Shelly Reynolds
"You're the most beautiful thing I've ever set my eyes on. I bet if I let myself, I could get lost in you."

This was such a sweet story! A princess on the run, trying to escape the confines of her royalty meets the ex-con bar owner, and together they just go KABOOM!!

What was supposed to be a one-night stand, ends up leading to the best thing either of them could have hoped for. But, Princess Kerry has a decision to make - one that will change both of their lives forever.

Landon wasn't looking for
Wendy Livingstone
This is the 4th book in this amazing town of Carson, and this author has written a beautiful and magical gem of a story with Landon and Kerry’s story! Landon does not regret any of the choices he had made in his past, which has left him haunted by demons. Kerry needed to escape from the heavy weight of her responsibilities for a little while, and when she meets the sexy man in his bar the sparks fly, and the chemistry is undeniable. A one-night stand which is intense and steamy leads to more, bu ...more
Libby
Mar 31, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received an advanced copy, in exchange for an honest review. *

She's a princess on the run, and he's a felon who's tired of running...

I loved the way these two met. Neither one is wanting to draw attention to themselves.  As fate would have it, they both are in the right place at the right time.

He’s not looking for anything serious, but he can't look away from her.  She's tired of the palace life, and  wants a break to find herself apart from the life that was chosen for her from birth. To
Emma bramley
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed

This is the forth book in this series by this author and another fantastic addition to this series. This is the story of the characters Landon and Kerry, these two characters are intense from the start, with sizzling chemistry between them. This story is filled with drama, secrets and hot and steamy moments. This is a gripping story with well written characters. This is a fantastic addition to this series.

I was given an advanced reader copy of this book and this is my honest review
www.obsessedb
Kerri G
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kerry, a “princess on the run” , leads herself to no other than Carson, North Carolina, Why? Because she fell in love with it a few years back. (Me too girl) ... Kerry doesn’t want to marry just anyone, she wants to find and fall in love, so she leaves her country with out anyone knowing, and while in her travels to Carson, she meets Landon , the new bar owner . After a pretty hot steamy night, thinking they would never see each other, they find themselves staring at each other inside his bar. B ...more
Brooke
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 5/5!!

Back to Carson we go!

Kerry and Landon are almost complete opposites.  Landon is the owner of the new bar in town, covered in tattoos and constantly avoiding his past.  Kerry is running from her present, trying to take back her life and is hopefully back in the tiny town of Carson to stay.

After a meeting of fate the two feel a connection that rivals anything either of them has ever felt.  Will Landon be able to fight against his past to be with someone who sees all the g
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Landon has gotten out of prison & is now opening up his own bar. Kerry is a princess who has escaped her palace to land in Carson, North Carolina since that's a place that she has happy memories of. She ends up hooking up for the first time in her life, and it just so happened to be with Landon, so the journey begins. Of course she hasn't let him know that she's a runaway princess so there's that hanging over her head but he may or may not have some secrets as well. I loved this story, but I do ...more
Kari Hansen
Apr 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kerry has always known that her life isn’t really her own, but she is feeling increased by others in her life to follow their plan for her rather than her own. She needs some time and distance so she goes to Carson, the one place that she can be who she is and not who others expect her to be.

Landon is trying to put his difficult past behind him and is focused on ensuring the success of the new pub that he is opening. When he meets Kerry the sparks fly and they soon find out that one night is not
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
I have been waiting for this love story for YEARS! Finally getting to see Kerry find love was just amazing!

I have been a “resident” of Carson from the start! Seeing this town grow has been so beautiful, but seeing a friendly face and town friend find her HEA has been AMAZING! It also doesn’t hurt that she catches the eye of a sexy, broody bar owner!

One night of super hot, intense passion leads Landon and Kerry on a wild ride that I didn’t want to end!

If you’re a fan of HOTT sexy times and swo
Loralie
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For such a small community, you'll never know who will show up in Carson next. You have writers, rock stars, fashion designers, etc...and now royalty has come again to Carson. Love/lust sure hit Landon fast, especially when he was trying to shy away from it. He and Kerry seemed to hit it off, even though both were hiding huge secrets. Carson is the place where magic happens, Connelly members are aplenty, and there is danger lurking around the corner. High tensions bring the feelings out in this ...more
Isabel Debono
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love visiting Carson and look forward to each new story.
It’s like coming home.
This opposites attract was a sweet, sexy read.
I got such Cinderella vibes from this one.
Landon is an ex con wanting to settle down.
Kerry is a princess on the run.
What was supposed to be a one night stand turns into something more.
This was wonderfully written with amazing characters.
Great fun read

I was given an ARC but voluntarily chose to review
Kylee
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This fast paced insta-love story had me intrigued right from the start. Landon and Kerry meet by chance or maybe it was fate. A small town where both are drawn to for fresh starts and where their souls feel safe is the key to their connection. Their story is romantic, passionate and steamy. It also has a little suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat. An entertaining story that will have you enchanted right to the very end.
Steph (A Brunette and Her Books)
Landon and Kerry are two opposite characters who bring fire and passion when they come together in this new book by Renee Harless.

She is a princess wanting a normal life. He is an ex con who was wrongly charged but now is making a new life for himself.

These two had chemistry off the charts! I couldn’t put my kindle down because I had to know what would happen next!

And I really REALLY need to read RH’s Carson series!
Sue
Apr 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a heart-warming and fast paced romance novella, the suspenseful story line enhances the tale. From the onset, fans of Carson will welcome the instant attraction between Landon and Kerry as each character struggles to come to terms with their own past and duty to their family. As the town of Carson and it's inhabitants come together to protect and encourage their love, it becomes clear on what these two need to do, not only for each other, but form themselves. ...more
Megan
Apr 07, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Returning to one of my absolute favorite fictional towns Carson is like coming home. Full of lots of quirkiness, drama, action and love I am never disappointed! Kerry and Landon shew! These two were a whirlwind of all the feels! Royals, Ex Cons and everything in between; Behind the Bar was a great addiction to the Home in Carson Series and I cannot wait to see where Renee Harless takes us next!
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Behind the Bar is a short, quick, good read. It's part of the Home in Carson series but can be read as a standalone. Landon has a pass and he's starting new in Carson. He's getting ready to open a bar up. He's a nice guy. I liked him. Kerry is a princess. She flees to Carson because she doesn't want to be forced to marry someone she doesn't love. I loved her. These two meet and it's an instant connection. They click and are perfect together. I loved this one. ...more
T
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure what I was getting into with this particular story considering Kerry's background. I am not a huge fan of royalty-type books, but this one was fabulous!
I love visiting Carson and love this group of books.
Though it is an insta-love, Kerry and Landon make a perfect couple. They both have a lot to give each other and the community. And Kerry is definitely what Landon needs to forgive himself and live the life he deserves.
Julie
Shelves: 2021, pr, arc
Do Princesses believe in Fairytales?

Behind the Bar is a quick, fairytale-worthy story of two people writing their life story their way. Landon and Kerry are opposites, but together sparks fly. As a team, they had me hooked from page one.

I received an advanced copy from the Author; this is my voluntary review.
Sophie Ruthven
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book wasn't what I was expecting and definitely wasn't quite up to the authors usual standard. The whole thing felt rushed especially the suspense part which had been the selling point for me. I get that authors have deadlines but it had the potential to be even better if she had delayed slightly.
If you want a quick read that only briefly touches on everything this is the book for you.
Gail Stroker
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely love it!

I love this story! Landon & Kerry are the BEST! Their attraction & connection is immediate! Basically if the story takes place in Carson I’m loving it and this is no exception! Loving that Renee added more to this series so we get more time with the citizens of Carson!
Paula M. C. Basílio
Kerry is a runaway princess while Landon is a man struggling with his past.

Both have a hot and passionate night of love, which makes the chemistry between them instant.

A short, well-written book, with good character development and narrative.

A contemporary novel that I highly recommend to anyone who likes the genre! I loved this couple! Yay!
Stefanie
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love anytime I can go back to Carson, NC and visit. Every book is like in reading a friends journal, and this is no different. Such a sweet story about a princess trying to find happiness and a man who is hiding his own secret, thinking he doesn’t deserve happiness. I just wish we had a little more time with Landon and Kerry!
Intel Chicky Reads Romance (Kara Merideth)
"So a felon and a princess walk into a bar..."

Can't say I've seen that one before, but it worked! This story was a super cute insta-lust/insta-love about finding self, finding purpose, and doing what it take when you find your person. Super fast paced, easy read with hot smexy times that kept you entertained till the end.
laurajayneo
DNF! This book was going too fast for my liking!
There was no build-up to anything and I just felt like everything happened way too quickly.
I didn’t know this was going to be the case when I went into the book, sorry it was not for me 😅
Although the writing wasn’t bad and even the plot seemed intriguing.
2 stars 🌟
Brandy Devier
Mar 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
I've been waiting for Landon's story fur what feels like forever and I wasn't disappointed. I loved the vulnerability between the characters and suspense of trying to figure out who was causing problems for the couple. ...more
Christine Campbell
He is opening a bar shortly and she is wanting to escape from being royalty. She keeps her life a secret until it's on the news. They are absolutely perfect for each other. Their chemistry is off the charts ...more

• Until Rex (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • The Sinner Redeemed (L.A. Sinners MC, #3)
  • The Screw Ball (Indianapolis Lightning, #3)
  • Ridin' Solo
  • Falling for the Oppostion
  • My True Love (The Steeles at Silver Island, #2)
  • Always With You (Matchbox #3)
  • Aleatory
  • Blind Deception: Kings of Retribution MC Montana
  • The Belle and the Beard
  • Arrogant Officer
  • Musical Mayhem (BTU Alumni, #1.5)
  • Wild Rebel (Dirty Wild, #1)
  • Blood & Bones: Shade (Blood Fury MC, #6)
  • Lost Soul
  • Misfit
  • Mafia Prince (Young Irish Rebels #1)
  • Sonny (Satan's Outcasts MC #4)
Renee Harless is the author of numerous romance novels - focusing on family and small towns. Her upcoming release, Of Bishops and Pawns, is scheduled for May 20th, 2021. Add it to your TBR today!

Newsletter: http://bit.ly/31GpyX1
Amazon: http://Author.to/RHAmazon
Facebook: https://tinyurl.com/ReneeHarlessFB
Twitter: https://tinyurl.com/ReneeHarlessTW
Pinterest: https://tinyurl.com/ReneeHarlessPN
BookBub

Home in Carson (4 books)
  • Behind the Lens (Home in Carson, #1)
  • Behind the Badge (Home in Carson, #2)
  • Behind the Flame (Home in Carson, #3; The Everyday Heroes World)