Start by marking “Wounded Heroes: Anthology” as Want to Read:

Wounded Heroes: Anthology

Five Degrees of heartwarming to melting stories ─ Five stand-alone swoon-worthy heroes that will leave you breathless from award-winning International, USA Today, and Amazon bestselling authors Pamela Ackerson, Debra Parmley, Teri Riggs, Maggie Adams, and Nia Farrell.
Published October 2019 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Wounded Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wounded Heroes

Start your review of Wounded Heroes: Anthology
Catherine Pratt
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who could pass up the opportunity to read about men in uniform?? I'm sure couldn't pass up that opportunity. These few stories in this anthology were actually fun to read. I had just about every emotion in all these wonderful short stories. They were fun and allowed my imagination to run away with me. This book is a recommended for a great read.

I got a free copy of the book and is voluntarily leaving a review.
lovestoread
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Rosa for Russell ~ Pamela Ackerson
War is tough. So are the soldiers who fight it. Toughest still are the nurses who deal with the casualties. Rosa is a hard working nurse in the Union prisoner of war camp. She struggles daily with the hardship and despair not to mention the damaged soldiers who come her way.  Russell is a prisoner, who always seems to be getting into more trouble and ending up in her infirmary on a regular basis. Even during a war good things can happen.

Two Step, New Steps ~
Beverly
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five enticing stories that will tug at your heart and leave you with all the feels. This review is for "Fallen" by Nia Farrell . Father Vincent had PTSD from his time in Iraq and one year of service left. He's getting better, but he knows he's in no shape to serve in that capacity again. He and his therapist Ilsa develope feelings and a connection. I liked that both Ilsa and Vincent thought things out prior, rather than acting on blind passions. Ilsa was a bit sneaky getting the answers she need ...more
Deb Diem
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wounded Heroes: Anthology by Pamela Ackerson, Debra Parmley, Teri Riggs, Maggie Adams and Nia Farrell is a fantastic collection of very short stories. Four of the five stories in this book are complete, the last book in the collection is a cliff-hanger. The stories in this book are not connected to each other in any way. I enjoyed reading this collection.
Ida Jolley
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wounded Heroes: Anthology

I enjoyed all of these short stories very much and would like to thank the authors for their time and their stories. Each one was very interesting and unique. Every one had something different about them and were all happy ever afters. A very nice job, I absolutely loved each one. ❤️❤️
Esther Phelps
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wounds

It is amazing how wounds, both the physical and emotional keep us from finding purpose. Heroes that define life's meaning were described in this anthology. Characters come to life, tweak the heartstrings of emotions, and we root for the win every time.
Pat
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These 5 short stories from 5 different authors were well written and had well created characters that kept me totally engaged throughout each book in this fantastic anthology!
Shreya Vijay
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I received this book as ARC and I’m giving an honest review.”

Wounded Heroes Anthology is a throng of five stand-alone romantic one-shots by different authors. It’s a collation of cute and sappy romantic encounters between a hero and his mate.

Wounded Heroes Anthology was a book that I finished in a matter of a mere 2 days. However, it took me another week to think about how to review the book to give justice to every word penned by the authors. I must say, the book just whizzed past like a smo
Tammy
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my review for Nia Farrell's contribution, By George-This story touched my heart, made me laugh and it even had something super sexy happen that just topped off this wonderful story that will only take about an hour to read. I highly recommend this anthology with this fantastic story that will leave you feeling really good!!
Enjoy!!
Loretta Edgar
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Good

There were some really good stories, but the preview of the anthology should have made it clear that there were very explicit sex scenes. The age should be over 18. Heroes were good just not my type of love scenes.
Donise
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first book is about Confederate nurse, Rosa falling for Union soldier, Russell in the infirmary of a Confederate prisoner of war camp. After being treated and released into the pens from his initial injury, Russell keeps returning to the infirmary with new injuries and some times fabricated illnesses in order to obtain herbal medicines which he then gives to the Negro prisoners. After one particularly vicious beating, Rosa loses it and confesses her love for Russell and he in turn confesses ...more
Julie Barrett
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wounded Heroes Anthology by several authors and Debra Parmley
Starts with introduction about 5 authors, 5 stories about Heroes.
Short summary of each story is included.
A Rosa for Russell by Pamela Ackerson
1864 Prison at Andersonville
This story is about Rosa and she's one nurse who helps heal others brought in from the war wounded.
Like hearing of how she also uses herbs and poultices to heal them further. She takes a liking to Russell and after he's discharged he comes back for more
cures of hers
Tamye Whitener
Jun 01, 2020 rated it liked it
A varied collection of stories

My favorite out of this anthology so far is A Rosa for Russel. I still have the last two stories to read. But I can say that it was worth the price just for the first story.

While I gave this anthology three stars (which means I liked it, I would rate "A Rosa for Russell" at four stars, as I really liked it. And that is saying something since I'm not a big fan of the American Civil War and prison camps.
Ann
Oct 14, 2020
Paul R
Nov 16, 2019
Debra Parmley
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Debra Parmley
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Betty Reynolds
Aug 18, 2019
TaniLu
Sep 11, 2019
Teri Riggs
Sep 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Neepa Shah-Chittur
Diana Hardt
Apr 16, 2020

• Pandora's Academy
  • Spicy Romantic Short Stories
  • Born to be Bound (Alpha's Claim, #1)
  • Mail Order Bride: Wyoming Brides and Babies (Western Brides Sweet Romance Book 4)
  • Bound by Sight (Cauld Ane #9)
  • Norsemen Academy
  • Buying the Virgin Box Set One (Buying the Virgin #1-5)
  • Ballistic (Gray Man, #3)
  • Bound by Joy (Cauld Ane #7.5)
  • Bound by Light (Cauld Ane Series #7)
  • Romance on the Ranch
  • The Ultimate Erotic Short Story Collection 36 - 11 Steamingly Hot Erotica Books For Women
  • Rogue (SEAL Team: Disavowed #1)
  • Bound by Tears (Cauld Ane, #6)
  • Bound by Dreams (Cauld Ane, #5)
  • Primal Need (Primal Howlers MC, #2)
  • A Chance for Arus (Tallean Mercenaries #2)
  • A Deal for Zeylum (Tallean Mercenaries #1)
International bestsellng author, and time traveling adventurer, Pamela Ackerson was born and raised in Newport, RI where history is a way of life, She lives on the Space Coast of Florida where everyone is encouraged to reach for the stars! She's hop, skip, and jump from Disney World her favorite place for fun-filled imagination and fantasy.

For the next few weeks, every Thursday and Friday I will b