Start by marking “Small-Town Family (Door County #2)” as Want to Read:
Small-Town Family (Door County #2)

Small-Town Family

(Door County #2)

Reporter Dylan Smith comes to Sturgeon Falls to find his father. He has only one lead – charter boat captain Charlotte Burns.

After a rocky childhood and disastrous marriage, Charlotte is wary and guarded. The charming reporter sets off all her alarms, but she can’t resist him.

His questions point to Gus, who was like a father to Charlotte. Knowing this could destroy Gus’s m
Published 2019 by dragonfly press (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Small-Town Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small-Town Family

Start your review of Small-Town Family (Door County #2)
Cathy Geha
Small-Town Family by Margaret Watson
Door Country #2

The question I had ata the end of book one in this series was answered in this one. What was the question? Did Dylan Smith find his biological father or not. Well, he does, but I won’t tell you who it is. Nope...you will have to read the book to find out ;)

Dylan is a reporter in town for more than one reason. He does write an article or two while there but having only a few clues to where his mother met his father he is in town to see if he can
Sharon Grow
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reporter Dylan Smith is still in Sturgeon Falls looking for clues to his father’s identity. His twelve-year old daughter Hayley is visiting with him as he continues to ask questions about the men who worked at the orchard where his mother was employed. He also wants to spend time with the very attractive Charlotte Burns, owner of a charter fishing boat. He hopes to talk to her mentor, Gus Macauley, who briefly worked at the orchard and may know the names of other men who were employed. Charlotte ...more
Stacey
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dylan is in Sturgeon Falls to find his father. Charlotte knows a man Dylan wishes to speak with but refuses to tell Dylan where he is. The pair are both stubborn and butt heads, but it’s enjoyable watching them fall for one another.

When Charlotte realizes she knows who Dylan’s father is, she struggles between telling him or letting him know, which could cause problems for that person. She’s caught between a rock and a hard place, and I felt for her.

Both characters are introduced in the first bo
Catlou
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another delightful visit to Sturgeon Falls in Door County, Wisconsin! It’s a tale about family, those by blood and those of the heart. Sometimes family is what you make growing up or sometimes it’s what you find when you go looking, but it’s always what you’ll have when you open up your heart and share your love and learn to forgive the hurts and mistakes.

This is an engaging tale about reporter Dylan Smith looking for the story of his life and Charlotte Burns, a charter boat captain, who only wa
Bev
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This wonderful author has done it again. Another brilliant story about Sturgeon Falls and its residents. Charlotte owns a fishing charter business and is gradually building up the business. Dylan still has secrets but is really looking for his father who he has never met. Sparks fly when Charlotte and Dylan meet. Who is Hayley and what does she have to do with Dylan and who is really Dylan’s father?
Meg Myers
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Though I felt it could have been a little bit better...I still loved it! Classic small town America is really on display in this book...I think it gives a a real vibe to it. I enjoyed Dylan, Charlotte not so much but I did enjoy the complexness of the charactors.
Margie Evans
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Light reading.
Jolie
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
As I was reading Small-Town Family, I realized, it has been a while since I have read any romance. Which is crazy since they are the books I like to read the most. I was super excited to start reading Small-Town Family.

Another reason why I was so excited to read this book was that I kept pushing it to the back burner, which I try not to do. When indie authors contact me, I try to make their book a priority. But, sometimes, life gets in the way – which is what happened here. When I rewrote my rea
Teena Roebuck
Nov 03, 2019
Ashley
Mar 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

• Reluctant Housemates (Pilgrim Cove, #3)
  • No Ordinary Summer (Pilgrim Cove #2)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • Wild Irish Rose (The Merriams, #1)
  • The Boden Birthright (The Cimarron Legacy, #0.5)
  • Wild Irish Dreamer (The Mystic Cove Series Book 8)
  • Christmas in Silver Bell Falls (Silver Bell Falls, #1)
  • The Montana Bride (Marvells of Montana, #1)
  • The Complete Thriller Collection: 12 Exciting Thrillers by Adam Nicholls, Including the Mason Black and Morgan Young Trilogies (Plus 6 Other Stories)
  • Lone Star Nights (Texas Justice, #2)
  • The Missing Piece (The Jigsaw Files #1)
  • Wild Irish Christmas (Isle of Destiny / The Mystic Cove Series Book 9)
  • Mistletoe in Paradise (Wildstone, #5.5)
  • Wedding of the Century (Marry Me, #1)
  • The Christmas Princess (Wedding, #4)
  • The Magnolia Inn (The Red Stiletto Book Club #1)
  • Falling for the Hometown Girl (Marshall Ranch, #2)
  • Sweet Home Montana (Charity, Montana Book 3)
USA Today bestselling author Margaret Watson is a two-time RITA Finalist with thirty books in print for Harlequin and Silhouette and many other award-winning romantic suspense novels.

When not writing, Margaret practices veterinary medicine in the Chicago area.

Door County (3 books)
  • Small-Town Secrets (Door County #1)
  • Stranger in a Small Town (Door County, #3)

News & Interviews