Start by marking “Sergeant Delicious” as Want to Read:
Sergeant Delicious

Sergeant Delicious

This military man is delicious, but does he have long-term potential?

Soon to be ex-marine Xavier has a bright future as a firefighter. But stationed far from home, hes lonely and homesick for more than just his favorite foods. Thinking ahead to his homecoming, he responds to an ad seeking a date for a special gourmet dinner, but he doesnt anticipate an immediate
Published March 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sergeant Delicious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sergeant Delicious

Start your review of Sergeant Delicious
Caz
Shelves: m-m, queer-romance, kindle

A sweet and sexy short story previously published in a charity anthology, Sergeant Delicious begins with soon-to-be demobbed Xavier answering an ad from "fun foodie guy" (a food writer) who wants someone to go with him to an upmarket dinner on Valentine's day. The first part of this short story/novella shows the pair getting to know each other a bit via email, which makes the attraction they experience when they meet more believable. Both men are likeable and down-to-earth, and one of
Barb ~rede-2-read~
What an enjoyable read. The story had an upbeat feel throughout--something I greatly appreciate right now. Military man meets foodie geek equals a very pleasant story.

Xavier is getting out of the military and he's cruising personal ads, looking for a roommate while he gets settled. His plans include EMT training and hopefully, full time work for a fire department. A date with a cute guy would be nice too, so when he spots the ad from the guy looking for a date for Valentine's Day with no
Erika
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite stories from the Heart2Heart anthology and the bonus epilogue adds so much <3

Available on KU and 99 cents for a limited time.
Patsy
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Got this as an ARC! I'll make this short and sweet because that is what this book was. If your looking for a quick little story full of cutesy romance and humor then this is the book for you! Very enjoyable and ya can't go wrong with an Annabeth Albert book!
Emily Seelye
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this sexy little short.

While looking for someplace to live after getting discharged from the marines, Xavier comes across an ad for a Valentines date.

The guys strike up a friendship and love blossoms.

*I read an ARC
UltraMeital
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Sweet novella. I would have loved getting a full novel of these two. The idea behind it was really cool. Food writer Damien publishes an ad looking for someone to share a special (and free) meal with him on Valentine's Day with no strings attached. Soon to be ex-marine Xavier jumps on the offer to have "plans" so none of his family or friends be even tempted to hook him up..

After the first email Damien explains he got the exclusive invite to this restaurant and besides wanting to taste
Emalie
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
~ Arc provided by author in exchange for my honest opinion

This is my first time reading it, I had not had the pleasure to read it while it was in the Heart2Heart anthology. It was a nice, quick read for an afternoon. It was a bit fast-paced but that's to be expected from a novella so I didn't mind. Both characters were really likeable and I totally got Damien's fears.
If you are looking for something quick, happy and low-angst, I recommend that you give Sergeant Delicious a chance. Also it made
Patricia Nelson
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic, charming, engaging, grab-you-by-the-feels, endearing, sweet, delightfully delicious, smoking hot, poignant, tender, and totally awesome story. I would DEFINITELY recommend getting this marvelous gem immediately. Make sure you have a snack handy before you start reading this, because by the time you finish, you'll be hungry. (In more ways than one.😁)
Cee Brown
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
*)✯ .*)
✮ (.When Xavier met the foodie...

A cute, sweet story that kept my attention. I liked the person that Damien was. Unsure of himself, but confident in his job as a food blogger. He quickly came to care for the big, sexy, retiring marine and Xavier challenged him unlike others. And Xavier was so sweet taking charge and proving to Damien that he was worth it regardless.

This was a quick story, but the author filled the time frame perfectly and told a good story. I love coming back to Portland
Tinnean
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
So sweet!
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Rating: 4 stars - it was enjoyable

One Sentence Summary: To keep his family off his back during Valentine's Day, Xavier agrees to a dinner date with food writer Damien -- strictly platonic, interesting company is the only requirement.

I love Annabeth Albert's writing and Sergeant Delicious was a cute, funny, and sweet read. Damien needs a date to get into an exclusive Valentine's Day dinner but he's not interested in sex because he's convinced he's not great at it and he has a bad track record of
Pati
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this newest edition, with the added epilogue as much as I loved the original story in Heart2Heart.

Below is my original review of this story, which was originally named "The Date"....

The Date by Annabeth Albert. 5 Stars

Ms Albert has done it again! Bringing us another sweet, funny story that pulls you right in and won't let you go until the end. She's truly an expert at bringing us realistic characters that we can't help giving them a piece of our hearts.

From the moment that Marine,
Heather
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet & Sexy!

I first read the in the Heart2Heart Anthology (Vol 3) so when I saw the story was expanded I had to read it! I loved the premise of food blogger Damien looking for a date from a fellow foodie to review a restaurant on Valentines Day. His fellow foodie happened to be soon to be discharged Marine Xavier. I loved their quickly growing friendship leading up to their dinner. I really enjoyed their dynamic and I found myself with a smile on my face as I was reading it. I loved the
Belinda Zamora
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really sweet and sexy short story.
Xavier was trolling the ads looking for someplace to land after his stint in the military.
Damien was looking for a date on Valentine's Day because he's a food blogger and critic.
Xavier is still overseas and they begin communicating, getting to know one another.
When they finally meet, there's instant chemistry between them.
Damien has put the brakes on anything physical happening between them because he fears his anxiety causing harm to his partners.
Their mutual
Elle
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance.

I'm a sucker for a happy ending, and this one certainly delivered. It's a lovely story about happiness, which is brought about by the reading of an ad posted by 'Funny Foodie Guy'. I absolutely loved the MCS, Xavier and Damien, they're both well written, funny and sympathetic characters.

For such a short story, both the depth of characterisation and the plotting were very good, a testament to Ms Albert's writing. Both Damien and Xavier are likeable and real. Damien is adorable, and
Neta
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A perfect mix of sexy and delicious foodie-geeky romance.
After reading this story in the Heart2Heart Vol 3 anthology, and loved it! The added chapter, a steamy epilogue, was just the perfect touch to this story. I was impressed how well rounded the plot felt in such a short story, though this author is one I am not surprised by doing so.
Xavier and Damien are a match made in literary heaven, an opposites attract story that is just captivating! I loved the kinky elements, and the food was
Heather Rawlins
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this very fast, sexy story. I thought Xavier was a big, strong marine who was much more than that and Damien was such a sweet, clumsy and caring man. They were so great together. I loved how their story started with food and that it kept all the way through. It was a quick read that I enjoyed thoroughly and hope to see some mention of them in future books, just a bit, to keep me remembering them. I definitely recommend this story.
Lyndsay TC
Xavier and Damien

This sweet novella about foodie, Damien and ex-Marine, Xavier was just the right length to give you enough of a story but still short enough to read before bed. It was sweet and steamy, perfect for an in-between book.
Bb
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Had read it as part of anthology but enjoyed this stand along with the new ending. These guys are sweethearts!
Ami

The idea is cute -- I loved the way Damien and Xavier exchanged message before they met. All conversations about foods were good. They did connect nicely. But the sex part was too much for me, and it became boring.
Bethany Johnston
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such an enjoyable read. Sweet and loveable characters.
Zane Kage
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5
Barbara
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a fun book to read--a foodie and a Marine--a match made in heaven. It was also fun because I live near Portland and know places written about.
Tracy Perry
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great sweet & short story that will have you smiling.
Jack LOwell
Gina
Mar 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Virgin Flyer
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • More Than Life
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #1)
  • Throwing Hearts
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • The Best Friend (Red's Tavern, #1)
  • To Have It All
  • Four Letter Word (Love Logic, #2)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Falling For My Roommate
  • Finding Finley
  • Virtually Screwed (Love & Luck #2)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.