Start by marking “The Queen (Sanguine #1)” as Want to Read:
The Queen (Sanguine #1)

The Queen

(Sanguine #1)

Once upon a time, there was a wholesome young princess who ruled her kingdom in grace and purity...

This isn't that story.

Octavia is a naughty, snarky, young princess that is always looking for a good time. But, in a single night, a greedy, bloodthirsty enemy changes her world forever.

Now that she’s in control, the rebellious princess is trying to escape the terrors o
Published November 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen

Start your review of The Queen (Sanguine #1)
Rebecca Kingshott
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god the queen by cole Denton was out of this world.
After reading Cole's trial by fire series I thought theres no way he could top what he's previously written. Boy was I wrong I loved everything about this book.
Octavia became queen at a young age she lost her parents to an attack by vampires (carpe noctem)
She's so strong. Octavia and her merry men is what I call them. They will do anything for her especially to please her sexually. This book was so hot. I finished it one sitting I couldnt
Luna Lopez
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm not a fan of PNR as a rule and couldn't get into this at all. There was a lot going on and I felt the author lacked direction; it seemed ideas were thrown at the wall in the hope some would stick.
Kudos for the genre flip and the great writing but the storyline did nothing for me. i much preferred the last series. Sorry!
TopsieJ
Wow! Loved it!

What a brilliant story, with bags of hot sexiness to enjoy aswell.
Fantastic characters, especially The Queen, Klyn and Kamara, and not forgetting the many, hot gentlemen!! I couldn't stop turning the pages and book 2 can't come soon enough!
Christina
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars but only because I'm not really into PNR. Having said that, will say it's a great dark read. Ends in cliff hanger. ...more
Sherry Draisen
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

So this book has been sitting on kindle for a little while now and I am literally kicking myself for not ready it sooner. Written in way that sucked me in from the first page, I was glued to my kindle to the very end.
Queen Octavia wasn't prepared to become the Queen at her young age and has never forgotten the circumstances on how it happened. Knowing that the threat is still out there, she continues to try to her kingdom safe and hidden.
This paranormal reverse Harlem is unlike my norm
Helene
Sep 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Maike Johnstone
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Queen and her Gentlemen

I have been waiting with anticipation for this book, especially after reading some blurbs about each of the Queens Gentlemen and the Queen herself. I have read paranormal books before but nothing as Hot and erotic as this one, I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough to find out more. Klyn the Queens protector I fell in love with him from the first page to the end, they shared a special bond and I loved that. Cole Denton has become one of my favourite authors to read, ea
Cheryl Blackburn
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pure Ecstasy

The Queen is hot and steamy, and pure ecstasy.  Queen Octavia has an insatiable appetite when it comes to her men. Keeping with her family traditions of the annual Drishane Festival. It's time to pick a new man to add to her personal collection. She's drawn to a man that isn't anything like the other's with his dark blue eyes that set her heart on fire. This is one undeniably panty melting hot book. Grab yours copy today.
Lorey
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first paranormal read and I'm pleased that the author was Cole Denton! It was astonishing. Cole makes you fall in love and embrace his characters. Octavia, Klyn, and the "boys" are sexy and sizzling. The Queen is amazingly well-written and paced. This ended in a cliffhanger. Thank goodness I had Hybrid waiting. ...more
Bonnie Mancuso
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OUTSTANDING!!!
I absolutely love Cole's work. The Queen is one of those stories you can't put down. I was up until the wee hours of the morning, turning pages to see what happened next. The characters are fantastic. The storyline is just...wow! Thankfully Hybrid is sitting pretty in my Kindle. I can't wait to read more.
Laura Gimbel
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Princess Octavia wasn’t ready to become the Queen just yet as she loved being her 19 year old self. Due do a tragedy, she became the Queen overnight. She loved her gentlemen and the hot sex from them all.
This was an amazing story! Loved it!
Joy Boutwell
I didn't care for this story at all - I felt it was lacking in the way it was written and it ended with a cliffhanger. ...more
Kimberly Morrow howe
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Left me wanting more

I can't wait to see what Hybrid brings next,! This book will keep you wanting more! I couldn't put it down
Michele
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from this amazing author
Kathy Wideman
This book was an interesting read. The book isn’t overly long. Octavia is a princess. A princess who has needs and urges. She is a sexual creature and finds ways to satisfy those needs. One night at the village festival the kingdom is attacked. She and her adviser manage to survive but not unharmed. Those both manage to just survive. But now they are vampires and she is the queen. 200 years later she is the queen of pleasure. She has men at her beck and call. Each year at the festival she adds a ...more
ROMBookTalk
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend read!

Cole Denton so help me, kept me on the edge of my seat again. With this new series he took you on a ride through a paranormal world, that is dark and sexy as hell. It will steam up your kindle, set fire to them, and melt batteries everywhere. This book is a very different journey from his last series, but just like the last I loved every minute, because this is right up my alley. the Queen is a fierce woman not to be messed with. The supporting characters the Queen's men ha
Night Owl Book Blog
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Queen is a spectacularly weaved tale that tells us the story of Octavia and the tragic circumstances surrounding her ascension from Princess to Queen of Drishane, a kingdom in olde Ireland. Octavia is a Queen who does what she wants in all things especially in pursuing her own dark pleasures. Having her own band of young, strong and virile men who are referred to as her “Gentlemen” Octavia enjoys their company lustily. Each year at the Drishane festival a new gentleman is welcomed to the gro ...more
Kasey
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vampires!!! Love them and it's hard to find a good series with vampires IMHO, I find they are either campy or it's all about the sex with no story line and/or good characters. This book has all of those things. The characters are all interesting and likable. They story will keep you interested and yes there is sex lol ...more
Deb Moncrief
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Queen by Cole Denton is a dark, reverse harem, paranormal story not for the faint of heart. It has been awhile since I have read a paranormal book, and I enjoyed this one. I was drawn to Queen Octavia and her bodyguard and confidant, Klyn. The book ends in a cliffhanger, and I am glad the next book was just released. I am not a fan of cliffhangers. I really enjoyed the book.
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Holy Erotica! This book was HOTTT! We got a whole lot of sexy with an interesting storyline! Octavia is full of desire, her body hums with it. Heck, the reader can get pregnant with it! The Lustfullness is strong with this one! The Queen is also a paranormal story and I really liked the world Denton created. It was fascinating and full of sin! Klyn, gives me some really hard fantasies! I loved these characters so much! I spent so much time wishing for just a taste of these two, to cross the line ...more
CarolKat
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is not for the faint of heart or prudish. Packed with explicit scenes it's not recommended for anyone under 18.

Princess Octavia, while young is not innocent at all and she thoroughly enjoys her fantasies.

To be honest I fell in love with her bodyguard/caretaker Klyn he is truly someone to be reckoned with. It's because of him the Princess survives to become Queen.

Octavia is a good ruler, and she has her quirks but she is also always a bit fearful the Carpe Noctem would return and destro
Autumn Lee
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you love Dark Romances? How about Paranormal Romances? Reverse Harem? If you said "yes" to any, or all of the above...then you need to one click The Queen NOW!

This book is an exceptionally crafted intertwining of everything that makes a romance novel good. But it's more than just "romance"! There's mystery and majesty, sorcery and spells, vampires and kings, action, heat...soooo much heat, and layers of every kind of love there is. The Queen is a new genre for this author, but like his 5 Sta
Jodi Ball
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Queen

Princess Octavia, became Quenn Octavia one fateful night when her parents were killed by the Carpe Noctem. Now part Vampire she rules the castle guarded closely by Klyn, who also became part vampire that fateful night, both now have hightened senses.She now rules the castle and has her 4 boy harem Liam, Michan, Ethan and Sean by her side at her beck and call, one day she selected a new man River, then strange things started happening, her vampire abilities were lessened as were Klyns.
Kl
Isabel Debono
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beware of what lurks in the fog

Reverse Harem is not my normal kind of read. But I do like dark romance and I do like paranormal romance so I did enjoy this!
The book is about a sexually charged princess who becomes queen at an early age when her entire kingdom including her family is massacred by the Carpe Noctem (vampires).
200 years go past and she is now ruling the kingdom in a very different manner to her parents with the help of her faithful friend and saviour Klyn.
Octavia has amassed her ow
Stephanie
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Cole wrote an amazing powerful series before this book and I fell in love with his writing. I have to admit I expected another book with the same theme. I never judge a book by its cover and The Queen cover does not do the book justice! This book blew me away! Hot, steamy, erotic, page-turning, heart-racing, wanting book to never end book! Queen Octavia is the role model of being sexually free and open! I love her sexual drive and openness. Her "advisor", this man intrigues me and leaves me want ...more
Dusti Veneklasen
Hot! Hot! Hot!

This book was on fire! Not my normal kind of read but I loved it! This book is very explicit and definitely not for anyone under 18. The book is about a sexually charged princess who's entire kingdom including her family is massacred by vampires. 200 years later, she is now ruling the kingdom with the help of her faithful Knight. Let's just say the way she rules is very different from her parents reign. I cannot wait for book 2! Cole Denton knocked it out of the park with this book
Michelle
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🔥🔥🔥.......This Dark erotic/paranormal story had me gripped in its claws, as Queen Octavia and her Gentlemen sizzle up the pages with Octavia's deep,dark and dirty desires. With Klyn by her side as her protector and best friend, the two after facing one tragedy together, find that the winds are changing again....Bringing fog rolling in, with an evil presence that lurks in its shadows.
I CAN NOT WAIT for the 2nd book in this series as this one leaves you right at a crucial moment.....
Just brillian
Jackie
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew once Cole started putting out blurbs for this book that it was going to be spectacular! Boy was I wrong, spectacular doesn't even touch this book! I absolutely love the Queen and her gentlemen!!!! The story sucks you in, it was like nothing I even expecting! I cannot wait to find out what the next book in the series will bring, because...well that was one hell of a cliffhanger!! This story is kinky, feisty, suspenseful, and every bit as powerful as you would expect a Queen to be. READ THI ...more
Michelle
WoW!!!!!

This brand new series from Cole Denton is brilliant!!!

The Queen: remarkable storyline, one that will drawn you in to the unusual world of Queen Octavia, her loyal friend, Sir Klyn and her collection of hot men!!

Lots of erotica, kink, sinful toys and a nasty fog, pushing evil to claim the Queen and her castle.

I am not a big fan of Paranormal Romance, but have read a few good ones and this is defiantly one I would recommend.
Cannot wait for book 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kathy Seabrease
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a feisty book! I loved it!

Talk about hot and thrilling!!! This book was Sooo hot, it practically burned hands. Love a woman that knows her own mind and does what she wants! Octavia's journey from princess to Queen may not have been the best way to get there, but none the less, she is making the best of it... There is tragedy and sorrow I her life, but also of love and sex... On her terms... Oh and loved me some Klyn... Kinda wanted him to mount her. Lol. Couldn't put This book down.

• Mantrum
  • Damaged
  • Dirty Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #2)
  • Hot Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #1)
  • Cold Hearted Bastard
  • The Prospect (Chronicles of Crighton #1)
  • Destroyed
  • Never Kiss a Stranger
  • Ice Queen (An Angel of Mine Story)
  • Never Really Over: Selling my Soul - Part Four
  • Danger Zone
  • Cold Hearted Baller
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey, #2)
  • Manfax
  • A Very Merry Alpha Christmas
  • Fake It Baby One More Time
  • Filthy Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #3)
  • Before the Clock Strikes Twelve (Midnight #1)
Cole Denton is an ocean lover who finds joy in almost all physical activities. He is especially passionate about baseball and surfing, indulging in them every chance he gets.

His other passion is writing. It began at a young age and followed him through to his time at a university in SoCal where he majored in screenwriting.

After moving to Sin City itself, Cole has put his knowledge and talent as