Start by marking “The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)

The Takeover

(The Miles High Club #2)

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  11,367 ratings  ·  1,624 reviews
In bestselling author T L Swan’s second hot installment to the Miles High Club series, he’s sexy, rich, and her mortal enemy. Hate never felt so good.

I first met Tristan Miles at a meeting where he was trying to take over my late husband’s company.

He was powerful, arrogant, and infuriatingly gorgeous, and I hated him with every cell in my body. In the shock of the centu
Published August 27th 2020 by Montlake

To ask other readers questions about The Takeover, please sign up.
Indira Hall The heroine is Claire who is the owner of Anderson Media. Her late husband started the company and she took over when he died. She is 38 and has 3 chi…moreThe heroine is Claire who is the owner of Anderson Media. Her late husband started the company and she took over when he died. She is 38 and has 3 children. He met her when he offered to buy her struggling company. (less)

·  11,367 ratings  ·  1,624 reviews

Start your review of The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Even better than The Stopover!

I didn’t think I would like this book when I first read the blurb. Despite the fact that I am a single mother, I generally don’t like romance books where the heroine is a single mother. I like the two main characters to be unencumbered. However this book turned out to be both super steamy and utterly hilarious and I loved every minute of it.

The character development was terrific and I ended up loving all of them, including the heroine’s three kids, Fletcher, Harry a
Jade Violet
Tristan Miles Took Me Over!

117025819-1684677081708910-4071748858281377469-n-1

Finally! FINALLY! We finally get to Tristan in The Takeover and damn, was he worth the wait! I have needed a good laugh I think this whole damn year and this book delivered in spades, not only on that, but I truly reveled in reading it and enjoyed every single moment.

Claire Anderson is a struggling widow trying to keep her husband's media company afloat. Tristan Miles is the head of Acquisitions for Miles Media - the billionaire takeover king of New York. When he
Birjis
(Tristen) “I told you to call me Tristan.”
(Claire) “And I told you to go away.”

Claire Anderson (38), is a beautiful, smart and proud woman. She is a widowed mum to 3 adorable kids - Fletcher (17+) is short-tempered, Harry - (13) is the naughtiest child and Patrick (9) the wisest. She has been struggling for years to keep her late husbands company which is her children's inheritence. When an offer comes to buy her company she has smoke coming out of ears almost literally.
Tristen Miles (34), is a
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I feel like I'm missing something with this series. I'm not loving it as much as a lot of others seem to. ...more
Radd Reader
I’M A VERY HAPPY MAN TODAY.
#TOBELOVEDBYYOU

My Thoughts: The following are my thoughts about this book:
General:
- Trigger warning-death of a spouse. Doesn’t happen on page, but happened 5 years ago and h is still highly impacted by the event
- Audio: I HATE the female narrator. She ruined the first book (The Stopover) for me because I couldn’t stomach her interpretation of the female character. I decided to start the audio with this book and just see if it was a one-time thing. Nope! I cou
Warda
Dec 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
So this book did wonders for my PMS.
TMI?
Whatever.

It was just what I needed. Slightly cheesy at times, over the top in a comical and dramatic way. Tristan is your typical, cocky alpha.
Claire has the best kind of attitude problem.
The kids were amazing. They brought so much chaotic energy to the story.

It did get emotional at times. Or is that my PMS talking?
Claire is a widow and is still grieving in some way. Tristan is very much the opposite and they are very much in two different places in
Carla Bulian
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s a lovely and great book!!!! So sweet!
JP
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, netgalley
5 ⭐️
This author totally writes my love language. Her stories are a perfect mix of all the feels. I laughed and laughed. The chemistry and angst between the h and H are off the chart! Whew! OMG, I loved this book. For me, her books are pure unadulterated fun! A summer read, that lets me escape my stressful, busy, overworked life.
Its the second book of this series and it’s about Tristian. He is sexy, beautiful, confident and a romantic. It’s a stand-alone and it can totally be read out of order.
Carvanz
Oh my gosh!!! This has been one of the most entertaining books I’ve read in ages!!! I absolutely loved everything about this and I hated to see it end.

23 Places in Paris Every Architect Must Visit | ArchDaily

I totally related with Claire as I have walked a mile in her shoes. Watching her evolve throughout the story was wonderful and amazing. I loved that she was able to let go when needed despite the struggles she had. She was an independent heroine who was fiercely protective of her children and my heart was completely wrapped up in her and her situa
Christine B
I absolutely loved Tristian in The Stopover he was the down to earth brother, funny, as breath-taking as his older brother, most definitely a manwhore also, all the Miles aires where wealthy and good looking and great at what they did in Miles Media. Tristian Miles was the brother that dismantle companies, he saw weakness and pounced. Tristian was good at it. That is until he met Claire Anderson of Anderson Media. Tristian wanted her company and bugged her everyday sometimes 2 to 3 times until C ...more
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
*I received an eARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I was unprepared for the awesomeness that was this novel! Especially since it was the second in a new series by TL Swan. I had meant to read the first novel in the Miles High series "The Stopover" but it had slipped my mind until I saw the second one available on NetGalley to review. I meant to read the other before this one, but when I opened my kindle yesterday, I thought, "why not?" and started reading.

4 hours later I put it
Leigh
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars, netgalley

The Takeover is book 2 in The Miles High Club and this time it's love for Tristan Miles. So before I start my review let me say the first 30% was not my favorite. I loved Tristan immediately but Claire was hard for me to like, she was bitter and judgmental in my opinion. It would have been very easy for me to put down the book and not picked it up again, but unfortunately I would have missed out on a wonderful story. So basically Claire is a widow of 5 years with three sons who is strug
Carol
4.5 stars.
T.L. Swan's writing style and stories have definitely got me... hook, line and sinker!!!
.....and I have to say that.... I think I might have enjoyed this book even more than the first one in the series "The Stopover" and that was really such a terrific read.

This book was certainly one sexy....fun.....and entertaining read......and the perfect escape from everyday life.

Tristan was kind of everything I love in a hero...his personality (smartass), his protectiveness...with a touch of pos
Tzelina
**Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me the ARC in exchange for an honest review** #TheTakeover #NetGalley

TL Swan is one of my favourites… I love reading her books! She is one of those authors that I am hooked with her stories and I can’t put her books down!!
“Takeover” for me it was an exceptional read, I loved it!! Definitely it was exactly what I needed!! It was funny, sweet, beautiful, heartwarming, steamy, sentimental and her writing as usual exceptional!
I absolutely loved t
Ath
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-romance
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for a review.

I'm appaled by how solid this story was!
this book its just perfection from start to finish. really does felt like you watching the limited series that you've been anticipating the whole year. T.L Swan's writing is precise and astonishing.

From The Stopover, I really truly love Tristan and how his personality shown in the book and Claire its the perfect balance for his personality.
Despite many representations that were written
Ros 🌼
4 stars

If there’s one thing you can pretty much guarantee to get with T L Swan, it’s a smoking hot suited Hero.

And Tristan Miles is up there with the best of them. 🙌

Let me tell you, parts of this book had me HOWLING with laughter. I actually think I enjoyed Tristan’s banter with Claire’s sons (especially with Wizard, aka Harry) more than his relationship with Claire. The first time Tristan visited Claire’s house had me laughing out loud - the underpants, so funny!

Whilst the story isn’t perfect
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Out of all the books on my TBR I chose to pick this one up due to the similarities between myself and the heroine. We're both 38 and single mothers to 3 boys. Her loss is rather tragic though...remember this, it will be vital info! Looking at my life right now would I turn down a billionaire coming to my rescue? HELL NO! So of course, reading a book where that happens makes me giddy...and a little hopeful :-)

In many ways Tristian was a great hero. He pursued the heroine, refused to take no for a
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
My freaking heart is SO full! How am I just reading this author?! Absolutely sexy, swoon worthy and heartwarming. Tristan is the original playboy and watching him fall in love with the older widow with three kids was EVERYTHING! He was so amazing and hysterically inappropriate with Claire's boys. I did this one in audiobook (KU with free narration) and highly recommend! ...more
Anna
Aug 30, 2020 rated it did not like it
Dnf at 16% .
The heroine is still grieving her late husband (for last 5 years she is grieving!!)
Hero hit on her quite raw, crude, no style at all.
Hero always are with 3-5 willing women... Willing to do everything just to him..
Thanks but no
MarvelUsReads
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
T L Swan’s most recent work The TAKEOVER, is hands down one of our most favorite reads of the year.We absolutely loved the storyline, characters, and writing. A must read! T L Swan we await your next adventure of the heart. For full review: www.marvelusreads.com . ...more
Olga therebelreader
**4.5 stars**

This was an amazing read! The main hero and heroine had a freaking amazing chemistry. What I loved most about them was that from the beginning you could see they were perfect for each other, they might seem like an unusual couple, yet they were one of the most perfect ones. More than anything this was a very funny read, yet serious and sad at the appropriate moments.
Minus half a point because of some minor plot twists I wasn’t a fan of and for the abrupt ending.

In short:
Hero 5/5 ⭐ H
✨H✨
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Though it could be an easy 5🌟 had I been in some other state of mind.

Firstly, I would like to acknowledge that now I do get this author's hype. She really is good. It isn't her writing as such that got to me but the kind of issues that she dealt with. All the problems that her characters faced were so real.

The story follows Claire Anderson, a widower and a mother of 3, trying her very best to keep her late husband's company afloat. While on the other hand Tristan Miles known as the cold-hearted
Jen
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m loving TL SWAN now,I read her 4 books straight 😊😊,and THE STOP OVER make me swoon,laugh out loud because of Jamison Miles ,this book gaves you different kinds of ingredients if you cooking some interesting food 😂😊😂...
Chelsea
Jul 31, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
I didn't like this at all. Tristan was a douchebag and Claire doesn't have much of a personality. There really wasn't any relationship development at all and the book was way too long. I actually skimmed the last half so maybe there was something good in there that I missed, but I highly doubt it. ...more
Ann
5 stars. Loved it, effing loved it!!! Thanks to reader friend Katy for the rec. Loved Tristan! Swoon worthy and a smartass. My favorite kinda guy. This story starts off with a resistant romance, but the fun begins when Tristan meets Claire's 3 kids. Hilarious. LMAO! Poor Claire is an emotional rollercoaster. And this story isn't without its share of ups and downs but I enjoyed it all, especially the end.

Will be giving this a listen soon on Audible. Yea, I liked it enough for another go. Sebastia
ReadToBreathe
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Start
OMG what a wild ride this was.
Last year I saw a cover of a book by this author and I have been wanting to read all her books ever since and I'm so glad that I picked this one to be my first. I wanted to read it before the first one because I'm more interested in single parenting. It was not what I imagined it will but it was definitely better. I cried so many times throughout the book and I'm still tearing over the ending. I'm So happy for Tristan for finally having his own family. I ca
Anna Valsa
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4,5🌟
At some point I hated the heroine, but it was all good in the end!
queen_of_the_books_18
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tristan was my favourite character from the first book so I was so happy that his book was already released and went straight into it.

This book had all of the emotion and at times I wanted to give up because my heart was breaking for the characters. I’m not normally a fan of books with children in it but these kids made this book and broke my damn heart.

Does anyone know if we are getting books for the other 2 brothers because I need them ASAP.

Also how do we become a member of the Miles High C
mlovestoread
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me some time to get into this book, but once I did I really loved it.
I love books that make me feel and this one was one of them. I laughed, I cried and I couldn't stop reading it.
I loved Tristan so much. He was funny, smart, sometimes arrogant but at the same time so charming. He and Claire were perfect for each other. There was an immediate attraction between them and the chemistry between them was off the charts. I loved how Tristan never gave up on Claire, how they couldn't stay aw
Sara
Sep 03, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this. It is long and a bit drawn out and repetitive but the humor is really good & some of the sex scenes are pretty steamy. It however ended abruptly and wasn’t satisfactory.
Turning Pages At ...: The Takeover (The Miles High Club #2) by T.L. Swan 69 31 Sep 06, 2020 02:38PM

• The Wife's House
  • The Billionaire’s Girlfriend Bet (The Billionaires Club #3)
  • Playing to Win (Ice Kings, #1)
  • The Princess and the Rogue (Bow Street Bachelors, #3)
  • Love Your Life
  • Best Man
  • Lead Player (The Everyday Heroes World)
  • Anything but Easy
  • The Social Hour (Coffee Book #3)
  • This Love Hurts
  • Cocky Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #1)
  • The Jezebel (Rivers Wilde #3)
  • The Prince’s Bride Part 1 (The Prince's Bride, #1)
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • The Reality of Everything (Flight & Glory, #5)
  • Guardian's Grace (Dark Protectors, #12)

I'm a Psychology student, wife and mother of three based in beautiful Sydney Australia. I work for the Australian Schizophrenia Fellowship.I have always wanted to write, but life had got in the way. I was always too busy, too tired, too unsure of my talent. Last year I finally woke up took the plunge and I am eternally grateful that I did. I am now happily addicted to my writing and love bringing

The Miles High Club (2 books)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)