Start by marking “The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)

The Takeover

(The Miles High Club #2)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  61,611 ratings  ·  5,797 reviews
In bestselling author T L Swan’s second hot installment to the Miles High Club series, he’s sexy, rich, and her mortal enemy. Hate never felt so good.

I first met Tristan Miles at a meeting where he was trying to take over my late husband’s company.

He was powerful, arrogant, and infuriatingly gorgeous, and I hated him with every cell in my body. In the shock of the centu
Published August 27th 2020 by Montlake

·  61,611 ratings  ·  5,797 reviews

Start your review of The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)
chan ☆
Jul 06, 2022 rated it did not like it
i don't know whether to laugh or to cry

this was, and i don't throw this around lightly (surprisingly), really fucking bad

it's like the author is a time traveler from 2013 and also best friends with EL James. the relentless amount of laughably bad sex scenes made me feel like i was stuck in those feet scented foam cubes at a gymnastics gym. i mean seriously, who thinks that having the hero of a romance grab a woman's c-section scar and call it hot makes him the second coming of Bonetown Christ.

i
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Even better than The Stopover!

I didn’t think I would like this book when I first read the blurb. Despite the fact that I am a single mother, I generally don’t like romance books where the heroine is a single mother. I like the two main characters to be unencumbered. However this book turned out to be both super steamy and utterly hilarious and I loved every minute of it.

The character development was terrific and I ended up loving all of them, including the heroine’s three kids, Fletcher, Harry a
mel ☽
Jul 04, 2022 rated it it was amazing
5 stars ✩⋆ (not me finally giving a book 5 stars for once)

you're telling me the author who wrote a mmc calling the fmc's coochie "princess pussy porridge" (yes you read that correctly) and fucked the fmc up the ass (UP THE ASS) the second time they meet with no lube (!!!) and no consent...

... is the same author who wrote a perfect, beautiful fictional specimen that is ・❥・ Tristan Miles ・❥・

description

i've been hate reading all of this authors books for the past few weeks because, well, it's kinda fun (do n
Jade Violet
Tristan Miles Took Me Over!

117025819-1684677081708910-4071748858281377469-n-1

Finally! FINALLY! We finally get to Tristan in The Takeover and damn, was he worth the wait! I have needed a good laugh I think this whole damn year and this book delivered in spades, not only on that, but I truly reveled in reading it and enjoyed every single moment.

Claire Anderson is a struggling widow trying to keep her husband's media company afloat. Tristan Miles is the head of Acquisitions for Miles Media - the billionaire takeover king of New York. When he
Phuong ✯
——— ☆ re-read #2: welcome to clown-ville: population - 1 (phuong) ☆ ———

UPDATE – 29/03/22

Not one second after I hit publish on this review, I went back to the beginning to re-read Tristan’s first meeting with the boys and guess what? 5 hours later I’ve re-read this whole book again and updated this review by maybe one third, before I got distracted again and now I have no motivation to finish the rest lmao i'm sorry why am I such a mess. Third time’s a charm. 🤡

——— ☆ read #1 ☆ ———

28/03/22

I've rea
Giorgia Reads
Jul 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
5 stars it’s been awhile since I read a 5 star book

I never thought I’d read another T.L Swan book again. And even more unbelievable is that I never thought I would give 5 stars to a book written by her. (the highest was 2 stars and the best was DNF)
This is not me being mean just pointing out that her storytelling and characters weren’t my thing. It’s just my opinion but I find all her heroes to be misogynistic assholes, utterly intolerable, pigs who demean women and talk like frat boys about
Birjis
(Tristen) “I told you to call me Tristan.”
(Claire) “And I told you to go away.”

Claire Anderson (38), is a beautiful, smart and proud woman. She is a widowed mum to 3 adorable kids - Fletcher (17+) is short-tempered, Harry - (13) is the naughtiest child and Patrick (9) the wisest. She has been struggling for years to keep her late husbands company which is her children's inheritence. When an offer comes to buy her company she has smoke coming out of ears almost literally.
Tristen Miles (34), is a
Val ⚓️ Shameless Handmaiden ⚓️
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this. I used to be really against reading romances involving a dead-ex or widow/widower, but...I'm older now and tastes and mindsets change. While I wouldn't say I search for books involving said element now, I also don't avoid them like I used to.

That said, it was refreshing to read about an h that was in her late 30's with three children. Her priorities were different than the usual heroine I enjoyed that. I also really liked Tristan. They had great chemistry and I liked th
Isabella. R
5 Tick Tock Stars ⭐

Claire Anderson may have despised Tristan Miles on sight but even she'd fall victim to his charm and wicked sense of humour. With Tristan attempting to purchase her floundering media business, it was hating at first sight. Then they find themselves together at a motivational conference in France and it’s on...

“Repulse is a rather strong word, isn’t it?” I say as I join her in staring straight ahead. “I think the word you meant to use is fascinate.”

“Go away, Mr. Miles,” she re
Jessica
Jul 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing

Tristan Miles is perfection. Utter perfection. From the beginning, I loved how infatuated with Claire he was and how he was adamant that he wanted her. Then, enter her children. When I say that I laughed out loud in this book, I am so serious. I was laughing while I was driving listening to this audiobook because Claire's kids and their interactions with Tristan were hilarious. If you love single parent romances where the kids have amazing personalities, you have to read this. I loved h
Leticia (jerseygirl)
Dec 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"The way you make me feel is worth anything,"
I started this series the wrong way and everyone kept telling me Tristan Miles was the best. And I said there was no way he’d be better than Elliot. I’ve never been happier to be wrong.
Tristan fucking Miles is absolute perfection and I need to know how to get myself one just like him. You can keep the money – the man would definitely be enough.

"Damn asshole is a double-edged sword: gorgeous to look at, impossible to tolerate."
Tristan knows what he
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
*Reread in 2022 for a Patron.*

This book is still top tier for me. Beautiful, funny, sexy and amazing.*

*I received an eARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I was unprepared for the awesomeness that was this novel! Especially since it was the second in a new series by TL Swan. I had meant to read the first novel in the Miles High series "The Stopover" but it had slipped my mind until I saw the second one available on NetGalley to review. I meant to read the other before this one, b
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I feel like I'm missing something with this series. I'm not loving it as much as a lot of others seem to. ...more
Radd Reader
I’M A VERY HAPPY MAN TODAY.
#TOBELOVEDBYYOU

My Thoughts: The following are my thoughts about this book:
General:
- Trigger warning-death of a spouse. Doesn’t happen on page, but happened 5 years ago and h is still highly impacted by the event
- Audio: I HATE the female narrator. She ruined the first book (The Stopover) for me because I couldn’t stomach her interpretation of the female character. I decided to start the audio with this book and just see if it was a one-time thing. Nope! I cou
Rose
Oct 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
"I know that no matter what happens between Claire and me . . . I will never come first. Everyone will always come before me."

Sigh I absolutely love Tristan Miles. He was so sweet, kind and the best thing I loved about him, was his vulnerability. He cares so much when he loves someone, and it shatters his heart when he feels they don't reciprocate that love.

Claire is a widow, and a mother of 3 boys. She meets Tristan in business dealings, and their relationship starts out rocky, but develops in
Corina
Jul 23, 2022 rated it really liked it
✔️If you love your books sexy, read this.
✔️ If the single parent trope is your thing, this is the book for you.
✔️ And if you loved Sustained you are going to enjoy this one too!!

It's my first book by TL Swan that I actually finished. I DNFed book #1 a while ago but thanks to a review by a fellow Goodreads reader I gave this book a chance, and boy am I glad I did. Check out Giorgia Reads's review here .

In the end I really loved the banter, and how the couple interacted with each other. The back
Warda
Dec 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
So this book did wonders for my PMS.
TMI?
Whatever.

It was just what I needed. Slightly cheesy at times, over the top in a comical and dramatic way. Tristan is your typical, cocky alpha.
Claire has the best kind of attitude problem.
The kids were amazing. They brought so much chaotic energy to the story.

It did get emotional at times. Or is that my PMS talking?
Claire is a widow and is still grieving in some way. Tristan is very much the opposite and they are very much in two different places in
Paige ♠
Nov 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I don't have much to say about this book other than it was super enjoyable and that Tristan was hot as hell 🥵🥵

✅ So apparently I really like the single-parent trope 🤷 And I especially liked how Claire was older than Tristan because it made the story feel so much more unique

✅ Tristan with Claire's kids and how he went all in 🥺🥺🥺 Seriously, I'm normally not emotional, but I might have teared up a bit by the end with their amazing family dynamic 😭

✅ Tristan was a mega swoon-worthy love inte
julia
ꜰɪᴠᴇ ~ᴛʀɪꜱᴛᴀɴ ɪꜱ ᴍʏ ʜᴜꜱʙᴀɴᴅ~ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ ✧
There’s a reason the name Tristan fucking Miles came to me. It was a premonition. The fucking wasn’t silent; it was a verb.

sᴏɴɢ ʀᴇᴄ ♫ - The Only Exception (PARAMORE)

-ˏˋ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ ˎˊ-

The Takeover was fucking fabulous. The fact that I dove headfirst into this book with essentially zero expectations makes that fact even more satisfying. I wasn't sure what kind of story I was gonna get, and honestly this book felt like three different books meshed very
Carol
Apr 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was unexpectedly good, because in the being it focus on Claire and Tristan which was really good fun to read, they had great chemistry and are both likeable character's.

But I have to admit my favorite parts and what set this book apart from the first book were Claire's boy's in the second part of the book. They were just so funny, an misunderstood it really added to the storyline turning a good read into a great read.

Really loved both books in the series so far, and can't wait to read
moonlight ☾ [semi-hiatus]
4 stars

Tristan Miles (H) + his relationship with Claire's (h) kids sold this book for me. this is one of those rare cases where i preferred Tristan's dynamic with the kids over the romance (it's not often you'd hear me say that because, in other books where i also loved the kids, it's usually a tie with the romance between the MCs for me, lmaoo). it was just so entertaining and hilarious, but also sweet! i loved it sm. i would have probably rated this lower if the kids didn't exist. don't get
Carla Bulian
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s a lovely and great book!!!! So sweet!
Natasha
Jan 15, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Did i give this book 5 stars just because of the kids?
Yeah, i sure did😌

I'm a sucker for kids in books and Fletcher, Harry and Patrick have my heart🥺😭

The way this book made me laugh😩😂
The kids shenanigans were too funny and Tristan's bonding with them was just so precious🥺

Where’s that other brother of yours?”
“Who?” He frowns.
  “The Harry Potter one.”

Oh . . . and, Fletch?” I call after him.
“Yeah.”
“Spank the pony in the shower.”
He sticks his head back around the corner. “What
JP
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, netgalley
5 ⭐️
This author totally writes my love language. Her stories are a perfect mix of all the feels. I laughed and laughed. The chemistry and angst between the h and H are off the chart! Whew! OMG, I loved this book. For me, her books are pure unadulterated fun! A summer read, that lets me escape my stressful, busy, overworked life.
Its the second book of this series and it’s about Tristian. He is sexy, beautiful, confident and a romantic. It’s a stand-alone and it can totally be read out of order.
Nayema
Jan 15, 2022 rated it it was amazing
IDK WHY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO READ THIS BOOK… IT WAS EVERYTHING. SO WHOLESOME

TRISTIANS INTERACTIONS WITH CLAIRES KIDS… please😮‍💨😫 and tl swans smut NEVER MISSES!!

i loved every aspect, hate to love,friends with benefits, mutual pinning! GUY FALLS FIRST! ugh it was amazing
Eden
Jul 17, 2022 rated it liked it
3⭐️ Yes there were some cute parts to this story but the fmc irritated me every two seconds. She was so whinny and not very grateful in my opinion. I liked the start of the book but when we got to the middle it felt like I was dragging my feet, it was soooo slowwww. Also there were way to many times I got a ridiculous case of second hand embarrassment 😭

Over all I found this book a little long and boring, I definitely prefer the first book in the series rather than this one.
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Out of all the books on my TBR I chose to pick this one up due to the similarities between myself and the heroine. We're both 38 and single mothers to 3 boys. Her loss is rather tragic though...remember this, it will be vital info! Looking at my life right now would I turn down a billionaire coming to my rescue? HELL NO! So of course, reading a book where that happens makes me giddy...and a little hopeful :-)

In many ways Tristian was a great hero. He pursued the heroine, refused to take no for a
Mila ♡ (Semi-hiatus)
Jan 24, 2022 rated it really liked it
***4.0 rating for my babe Tristan😍***

After forgetting all the characters from the first book, and having slight amnesia regarding the plot (I cannot believe I gave it a 4 stars. Like what?) I very much enjoyed this second installment.

Tristan Miles is zaddy. I am in love. What a man. I stan.

Claire's kids: I adore.

Claire, not so much. She was annoying towards the end. But whatever.

A delightful read nonetheless.👌🏻

Will I read Elliot's story next? who knows maybe I doubt any Miles brother can to
❤️ Nanda ❤️
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

IMG-20210519-205513-178

Audiobook Review

This book was an amazing surprise for me... Specially because I didn't liked the first one, and usually, this would be enough to not continue with a series.

I'm glad that I followed my friends advice and took my chances with The Takeover, because it's Miles away from the first one! (Yep... I did that 😂😂)

Tristan was already an amazing character in his, not so incredible, brother's book... so I wasn't surprised when I started to fall in love with him! He's so far, t
Carol Vickers
Nov 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOODNESS!! I am OBSESSED!! This is book two in “The Miles High Club” series and I am blown away! I didn’t think it was possible for it to be better than book one but boy was I wrong! It is soooooo much better!

I love Tristan Miles. ❤️ He is charming, intelligent, wealthy, giving, loving and handsome. Basically, he is the perfect man! Claire and Tristans’ relationship was heartwarming and made me feel all the emotions. I love how Tristan treated Claire’s boys and loved them as his own.

It i
Turning Pages At ...: The Takeover (The Miles High Club #2) by T.L. Swan 69 40 Sep 06, 2020 02:38PM

• The Wife's House
  • The Billionaire’s Girlfriend Bet (The Billionaires Club #3)
  • Playing to Win (Ice Kings, #1)
  • The Princess and the Rogue (Bow Street Bachelors, #3)
  • Love Your Life
  • Best Man
  • Lead Player (The Everyday Heroes World)
  • Anything but Easy (Beg, Borrow or Steal, #3)
  • The Social Hour (Coffee Book #3)
  • This Love Hurts (This Love Hurts, #1)
  • Cocky Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #1)
  • The Jezebel (Rivers Wilde #3)
  • The Prince’s Bride Part 1 (The Prince's Bride, #1)
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar (The Guys Who Got Away)
  • The Reality of Everything (Flight & Glory, #5)
  • Guardian's Grace (Dark Protectors, #12)
See top shelves…

I'm a Psychology student, wife and mother of three based in beautiful Sydney Australia. I work for the Australian Schizophrenia Fellowship.I have always wanted to write, but life had got in the way. I was always too busy, too tired, too unsure of my talent. Last year I finally woke up took the plunge and I am eternally grateful that I did. I am now happily addicted to my writing and love bringing

The Miles High Club (4 books)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • The Casanova (The Miles High Club, #3)
  • The Do-Over (The Miles High Club, #4)