Start by marking “Junkyard Dog (Hellhounds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Junkyard Dog (Hellhounds, #1)

Junkyard Dog

(Hellhounds #1)

He's the original junkyard dog and she's got him by the scruff.

With the gril
Kindle Edition
Published September 4th 2019 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Junkyard Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Junkyard Dog

Start your review of Junkyard Dog (Hellhounds, #1)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
47881673._SY475_-1.jpg

I enjoyed Junkyard Dog, it was well written and imaginative and though it did take a while to warm up when it did take off I was very much invested in the unfolding story.
It wasn't quite a full sweep and there were somethings that did irritate me slightly which I will expand on later but there were still more positives here than negatives.
So what we have is predominantly a paranormal romance and the story itself centres on Charlotte a park ranger and Alex the hottie bartender at her local.
There
Eva Millien
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
When there’s third sighting of a large dog in the Joshua Tree National Park, Park Ranger Charlotte interest is piqued and she sets out to find the beast. Alex returns to scene of the accident, scouring for prints he left behind when encounters Charlotte and the attraction is undeniable but he’s on a mission from Hades and can’t afford the distraction.

This ‘Hellhounds' novel is a thrilling read that is has an original story line and a star-crossed romance. The characters are strong, bold and easi
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Interesting.

That’s the word that comes to mind after reading Junkyard Dog. The story is about Cerberus, the 3 headed dog, companion to Hades in the Underworld. Only in this story, Cerberus is only in dog form while in the Underworld. When they get sent topside, they are separate beings. Three brothers who are tasked to find and exterminate a cursed bloodline.

Alex is one of the three and is tracking one of the cursed Pirithous when he runs into park ranger, Charlotte. She is unlike any woman he
Bethwyn Badger
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: review-books
Please note: I DNF’d this at 56% (that is, I did not finish it). So any thoughts on this one will be pertaining to the first half or so of the book. On we go!

This one really had the makings of a great paranormal romance, even with the male possessiveness sneaking in at times, and the strange flip-flopping of the personality of Charlotte (one of the main characters). It just went on for too long for me - which I found really weird given that I read this right after reading Sentinel by Cyndi Fribe
Cathy Geha
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Junkyard Dog by Katja Desjarlais
Hellhounds #1

In Greek mythology, Cerberus, often called the "hound of Hades", is a multi-headed dog that guards the gates of the Underworld to prevent the dead from leaving. What does this have to do with the book Junkyard Dog? Quite a bit actually although you don’t really realize this until a bit into the book.

A dog is hit by a car...a BIG dog is hit and runs away. Shortly thereafter we realize that the dog is actually Alex and Alex is not ordinary shifter. Nop
Carolyn
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is yet another new-for-me reading experience, well two actually - a new author and a new sub genre, as this is my first ever paranormal romance, and I really wasn't sure what to expect.

Luckily, however, this book worked for me because it is very much character and dialogue led so was, for me, a very easy read. I really loved the characters. Alex is great, as both as man and dog, the latter being very lovable despite his size, and Charlotte is a real feisty, strong woman - she needs to be to
Lydia
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Angel Hatfield
Joshua Tree National Park Ranger Charlotte arrives on the scene of a car accident caused by a large dog tearing across the road. The third sighting of the animal in as many weeks, Charlotte’s interest is piqued. Armed with a bowl of dog food and a bucket of patience, she sets out to find the beast. With the grille marks of a sedan imprinted on his broken ribs, Alex returns to the scene of the accident, scouring for prints he’d left behind when he encounters Charlotte on the trail. The attraction ...more
Paula
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Junkyard Dog, the first book in the Hellhounds Series is also the first book I have read written by Katja Desjarlais. I am of dual opinions about the novel so this review is somewhat difficult. I didn’t much like the style of writing but the plot was so interesting that I still read every page staying up until 2:00 am to do so. The reading so late is extremely rare for me to do.

The whole concept of the hellhounds on earth hunting was fascinating, along with some of the mythology to go along wit
Carrie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This book feels like a later installment in the series where I skipped the first few books – that’s how developed the world is. We join what feels like a story already in progress, which only grabbed me even more.

Alex is part of a group of mythological beings. You gotta get over that real quick, because there is so much more to this story. Charlotte is a park ranger with a super tough chick background. She’s more than capable, but still has a soft spot for lost animals. After another sighting of
Debbie Caswell
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and I am hoping that it is the first of many in fact I hope this is a series and we get the other brothers stories

Alex is a hellhound one of Cerberus's hounds/heads and he and his brothers have been sent from hell to clean up the mess that has happened. he is running in his hellhound form when he is hit by a car the isn't the first sighting of this large dog. Charlotte a lo#cal park ranger comes out to the scene of the accident and tries to track
Nerdy Housewifey
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me one day! I could not put this down. Man there was a part near the beginning and I almost DNF thank god I didn’t! Alex is amazing, he grows a lot in this book and once you get behind his walls, he is absolutely precious, I’m so grateful we got dual POV’s.

This book is great for fans of paranormal romance. Alex is one of Cerberus’ ... heads? Souls? He and his brothers are sent topside to clean up a mess and he runs into park ranger Charlotte. They fought so hard against their feelings f
Tripip
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not usually a paranormal fan (a little too out there) but I had great fun reading this one! I enjoyed all the characters, although I did want to shake some sense into Bo. Alex is your typical yummy alpha male. Charlotte is a kickass park ranger who seems to have her head on straight. Great banter between H and h. I liked the build up as their relationship developed. Only a mild heat factor. I hope this is just the start to a series!
I received a free copy from Netgalley. This review was poste
Shelagh
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Junkyard Dog by Katja Desjarlais was an entertaining read though it took me a little while to get Into the story. I’m not normally a paranormal reader so that could be the reason for this. Once I got my head around people morphing into dogs and the like I enjoyed this book and was intrigued to see where it would go. I liked the main characters, park Ranger Charlotte and bartender-come dog Alex, both of whom were well developed. The plot worked well too, though I think the story is better suited ...more
Rebecca Goss
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alex, as a hellhound, was sent to earth to find killers that have been terrorizing the terrain that Charlotte protects, as a ranger. Their attraction is frustrating at times, as with many romances, and faces additional stress as Alex’s placement is temporary. Secondary characters, such as Max, Charlotte’s ranger partner are fun and add to the storyline. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2020
Gemma Dickinson
Apr 18, 2020
Katja Desjarlais
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katie Langley
Apr 08, 2020
C
rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2019

• Desertion (Knights Rebels MC, #3)
  • Affliction (Knights Rebels MC, #2)
  • Incandescent (Knights Rebels MC, #1)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Dragonfly Maid (The Queen's Fayte, #1)
  • Devil's Game (Reapers MC, #3)
  • Reaper (A Kings of Korruption MC, #4)
  • Devastated (Anger Management, #1)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
Katja Desjarlais is a music teacher by day and a paranormal romance writer by moonlight. She is an unapologetic music addict and has an obsession for bad Bach puns despite her irrational aversion to Baroque. Her favorite words include 'plethora' and 'dapper', and she is physically repulsed by the word 'moist'.
Desjarlais recently moved into the Okanagan valley with her husband, three children, and